The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
1) use view extensions ( if blank click on the three ... and chose show installed) to make sure you have two extensions installed - CW tools and Paradox Syntax Highlighting.
2) For step 6 it used to prompt but you can manually get into settings by looking at the cwtools extension in step 1 and clicking on the flower looking button on the extension (manage) then choose extension settings.
3) in extension settings you should fill CWtools Cache Eu4 which would be something like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis IV and do the same thing for stellaris etc. Important: If you are using windows and have made a drive short cut letter to your install then cwtools will not work because windows creates a system folder called System Volume Information and cwtools does not know what to do with it. If you have this then make an extra copy your install someplace else without this folder and point the install location there.
4) after you have your game install locations done then close settings.
5) Then do file open folder and go to your main mod directory in user documents. If your main mod directory location is standard then the path will include the word Stellaris or Europa Universalis IV and this tells the program what language to use in checking the files.
6) pick any one file like an event file and open it.
7) Then you need to do control shift P and choose CWtools: Regenerate game vanilla cache file. If not on the list type it in. At this point in the lower left a message should say generating cache and might take a few minutes. This only needs to be done when first setting up or when Paradox does a patch.
8) Next with a file open like an event file you should see after a minute or so in the lower left Loading Project and then Validating files. Folders will be shown in red orange if errors.
9) with a file open that has errors the errors should show in the bottom of the screen and there is a funnel icon you can use to pick what you want like turn off warnings and only have errors.
Having the same problem here with step 6. Only a few errors are being highlighted when there should be at least 2,000.
View attachment 599762
View attachment 599763
I tried moving the mod and vanilla folders around to see if that would change anything. Just set everything back to defaults.
1. What OS? Ubuntu 20.04
2. What version of the extension? 0.8.41
3. What's the full path to the folder you opened (feel free to censor username etc)?
/home/.../.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod/SuperStates129
4. Does it say "paradox" in the bottom right when you have a file open? No, it says EU4
I have the output ready if you want me to DM you.