- Aug 25, 2016
Yeah, it sounds like it isn't activating correctly. There's a few possible reasons, so, things to check:I'm getting a problem since yesterday where autocomplete suggestions on ctrl+space only show the terms already in the file (not even paradox language stuff, it shows as autocomplete even stuff I write on comments) prefixed by an icon containing the letters abc. I suppose this is a Visual Studio Code utility and has nothing to do with your extension.
It appears your extension simply stopped working properly. I can still see it sending and receiving messages, but nothing gets validated and no code suggestion works (the code snippets for events work, by the way, that's the only thing still working).
I don't understand a thing about the internal workings of a Visual Studio Code extension but something is definitely broken. I have both CWTools Paradox Language Server and Paradox Syntax Highlighting.
Now, getting to the point, should I try to reinstall? How to do that properly, just click uninstall on both extensions, close VS Code, open it search for them and install again? Or should I not do that and something else instead to fix it?
Thanks for this great extension and for any help you're willing to offer to solve this issue.
1. That you're opening a folder with "Open folder"
2. That the full path to that folder contains the folder "Stellaris", e.g. "C:\Users\Thomas\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\my_mod"
3. That the first file you open is a .txt
4.That once you've opened the file, it says "stellaris" is the filetype in the bottom right of the screen
If it's none of those, the best thing is probably if you can grab some logs for me.
1. Go to file, preferences, settings and set cwtools.server.trace to "messages"
2. Close and reopen vscode
3. Open your mod folder as normal
4. Go to "View", "Output" and in the panel that opens, select "Paradox Language Server" in the dropdown on the right
5. Grab that log and send it to me in a conversation (or here if you like, but it might have some personal info in it like your username)
Reinstalling won't usually do anything, as long as you have the latest version of vscode and cwtools-vscode, there's nothing that can really corrupt