• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey peeps, my time is a bit limited at the moment. The project is up on GitHub in the meantime if anyone wants to branch off it.

It's not as tidy as I'd liked to have make it (I'm a bit bullheaded at getting results quickly, which is super at getting stuff up and running quickly, and tend to go in afterward to refactor, and really wanted a bit more time of that before putting this out there, but don't wanna fall into same trap I did with the CK2 map generator stuff) It's mostly fine, however some of the 'behaviour' code that post processes the loaded scripts for calculating what the script does is a little bit obtuse and ugly at the moment.

Will try get the issues reported here fixed soon, if no one beats me to it. Let me know of any commits and I'll find time to review / roll them into the main git project. Not done an open source thing before so do let me know if that's how this works!

• 3Like
Reactions:
no one's ever forked it so its hard to say to be honest. I may pick it up when I have more time, but was a bit demoralized as the entire way the editor works is via using the new modding system they introduced for CK3 and showed off in DDs to override symbols based on name instead of overriding entire files to avoid mod incompatibilities, but this new modding method had a serious bug on launch that effectively randomized the order files were loaded each time the game was run, leading to certain mod objects being overridden by the base files instead of the other way around when doing the new symbol overriding method of modding, and kind of made the unique workflow for the editor limited in its use. I reported it, but tbh I have no idea if this was fixed but I've had a glance through the modding section of patch notes since and have not seen mention of it being fixed.

If so then definitely worth picking up again when I have more time, if no one beats me to it. As to whether it'll work with 1.3? In theory it doesn't matter what build it is, but its possible there are changes to the scripting system that would confuse it. And as I said the way the editor encourages you to work would lead you to likely make buggy mods if the CK3 bug hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Getting this error when loading a mod. I think it may be related to the fact that our mod is in a Dropbox folder (not my choice). It seems to work if I load other mods - although not after I get the bug with the Dropbox mod first, then load another mod. I'm deleting the cache in between restarts to bug test.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Path passed that doesn't fit in either mod or base directories.
at JominiParse.RefFilename..ctor(String filename)
at CK3ScriptEditor.ProjectExplorer.FillProjectView()
at CK3ScriptEditor.CK3ScriptEd.UpdateAllWindows()
at CK3ScriptEditor.CK3ScriptEd.Load(String modName)
at CK3ScriptEditor.CK3ScriptEd.loadModToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I get the very same error, just after the "Post-Processing CK3 Base Scripts" but my mods are in the "mod" folder (steam version). The error occurs also when trying to "Save", regardless of whether I have tried to load a mod before or not. It's a pity, the tool really looks very useful.

• 1Like
Reactions: