• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JonStryker

ɹǝʞʎɹʇSuoſ
67 Badges
Mar 20, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Magicka 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
CK2 Scenario Editor

Version 0.3.R3 (2015/3/5) Info
Mirror: http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/4jxdBEcB/file.html

--------------------
Hello,

Crusader Kings 2 is sorely missing a tool to mod the game in a more "visual" way. At least I don't know of a tool that's been published around here.

I started to code an editor based upon the Clausewitz Scenario Editor.

In the moment it is in an early phase so much content is still missing. Still, it can already be used to edit and view a big chunk of the county and history files. I just figured posting it here early on will help me figure out 1) if anyone is interested and 2) what should be prioritized.

Many of the problems it currently has will be ironed out in upcoming versions and new things will be added (I take recommendations).

So try it out and tell me if it was of any use!
--------------------

System Requirements
Java 1.7. This is installed on practically all new computers these days, so you probably have it already.

Configuration
Open up the config.txt and edit in the installation directory of your game (maindir), your mods folder in user documents (modsdir) and the name of the mod you want to view (modname). Every line with a '#' at the start will be ignored.
It does NOT work with vanilla and with mods that are not put in the My Documents directory.
Then run scen-ed.bat

A (public) SVN repository for the editor is housed here: https://www.assembla.com/code/ck2scenarioeditor/subversion/nodes

Big thanks to Michael Myers for his work on the original tool

SCREENSHOTS:
nfo9.jpg

ejox.jpg

MatchMaker
06cr.jpg

FAQ:
I get a Java exception error I have downloaded the newest java.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Code:
C:\Users\Marko\Desktop\CK2 Scenario Editor>java -Xmx256m -jar CK2_Scenario_Edito
r.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Code:
C:\Users\Marko\Desktop\CK2 Scenario Editor>java -Xmx256m -jar CK2_Scenario_Edito
r.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Seems as there is something wrong with your Java installation. If it is not installed install it (link in the OP). If it is check your PATH variable -> link

If you want to check which installed java version is used execute "java -version" in the console.

Last edited:
Seems as there is something wrong with your Java installation. If it is not installed install it (link in the OP). If it is check your PATH variable -> link
Thanx, looks like i had some problems with the PATH variable.

Hey works great, and looks great.

helpful feature request? can you show flags as well? that would be helpful, to me, and to others, especially if there were an easy way to set a county's flag through this editor.

(for people who it's not working for, I suggest checking the paths info the config.txt file. I had to alter mine to look like so, (so it matched the path to where my copy of CK is on my computer)

#maindir = "F:\Crusader Kings II 1.08"
maindir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Crusader Kings II"
gameversion=ck2

#moddir = "ElderKings"
#moddir = "Witcher"
#moddir = "swmh2.7"
#moddir = "Lux Invicta"
#moddir = "Britannia"
moddir = "minimap"

I also had to point the moddir to the name of my mod. Just ignore anything behind a "#", because that's what the "#" is for... for ignoring.)

This is simply awesome! One question though. I am trying to run the editor with a mod dir, but for some reason it tries to find the mod on E:\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Mod\ModName, while the mod is stored on the C drive instead of E. Can I the exact path somewhere from which the editor searches for the mod? Without the mod dir the editor runs just fine.

Edit:

The correct path would be C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\[ModName]

Last edited:
There are two paths where I am currently searching for the Windows MyDocuments folder. The second one pretty much is in solely for me as I have moved my Documents folder to another drive (E:\... !). Figuring out where the Documents folder actually is is somewhat difficult.

Anyways, if you have this folder you'll be fine:
%userprofile%/My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II

Getting that error that a folder on E can't be found indicates that the folder above couldn't be found either (misleading I know).

I'll probably put another variable in for the config for the next version for all of those people where the tool can't find the mod folder (for whatever reason).

Other stuff that might break the program before startup: If your mod file has a different name than the corresponding mod folder. SWMH for instance has a mod file with a slightly different name than the mod folder. If this is the case just rename the .mod file for the time being. I'll remove that limitation for the next version.

As I said in the OP, it is necessary to open up config.txt and edit maindir and moddir. I left in a bunch of my settings for referencing (those are commented out with a #). Derrick described this pretty good in his above post.

@Derrick
If I want to add more graphics I'll have to figure out a way to put in .tga files. Java doesn't really like them. But that unfinished area on the left is supposed to have flags in the future (that's why there is so much free space and undecipherable text there).

Last edited:
There are two paths where I am currently searching for the Windows MyDocuments folder. The second one pretty much is in solely for me as I have moved my Documents folder to another drive (E:\... !). Figuring out where the Documents folder actually is is somewhat difficult.

Anyways, if you have this folder you'll be fine:
%userprofile%/My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II

Getting that error that a folder on E can't be found indicates that the folder above couldn't be found either (misleading I know).

I'll probably put another variable in for the config for the next version for all of those people where the tool can't find the mod folder (for whatever reason).

Other stuff that might break the program before startup: If your mod file has a different name than the corresponding mod folder. SWMH for instance has a mod file with a slightly different name than the mod folder. If this is the case just rename the .mod file for the time being. I'll remove that limitation for the next version.

As I said in the OP, it is necessary to open up config.txt and edit maindir and moddir. I left in a bunch of my settings for referencing (those are commented out with a #). Derrick described this pretty good in his above post.

@Derrick
If I want to add more graphics I'll have to figure out a way to put in .tga files. Java doesn't really like them. But that unfinished area on the left is supposed to have flags in the future (that's why there is so much free space and undecipherable text there).

The three persons with the problem are an Italian (me), a Finn and a Quebecois (whose pc could work in French). Could it be a problem with the localization of "My Documents"? In Italian it's the "Documenti" folder, for example.

The three persons with the problem are an Italian (me), a Finn and a Quebecois (whose pc could work in French). Could it be a problem with the localization of "My Documents"? In Italian it's the "Documenti" folder, for example.

Well it shouldn't be as I am running one of my PCs in German. But I'll start up my second PC just to be sure.

Btw. the config.bat is there because of an oversight. The path picker is currently not finished.

Last edited: