• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

michaelpetska

Vultec Executive Officer
86 Badges
May 20, 2015
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
"May Tomorrow's Sun Shine Today"
Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
[...] A proverb of the Estwani since time immemorial, an expression of our industrious and pioneering spirit, undoubtedly Head Chair Ketrill chose to take our motto from it because it represents progress - progress is what keeps us alive, man, woman, clan, corporation; everyone and everything must move forward. [...] My clan have worked in the Mineral Resources division for generations; growing up, I knew I was meant for more (and I don't just mean MR Management), I always told grand-daddy Ghuum so. If he could see me now, he'd surely wrinkle his nose, he'd probably tell me not to be too full of myself. [...] I understand, these are worker's hands. [...] We all stand together, Estwani, united, looking forward, with one vision - one phrase - in our minds and on our lips, "Tomorrow's Sun, Today".
~From Executive Jesslur's inaugural "Tomorrow's Sun" address

The IE Memorandum [VC-Archives, Doc.#1,400,339,776]
Jesslur in Profile [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Jesslur_zpso4pfp6ll.png

Addressed: All Vultec Corporation Employees
Addressing: Executive Jesslur
Date: 129.2193
Subject: Foundation of Interstellar Enterprises Division

Recent successes corporate-wide (but especially in new initiatives with mining-satellites in orbit of Hadrigga's Bastion) have resulted in unprecedented gains - both in credits and materials, for the Vultec Corporation.
This windfall has substantially increased stock-values, and proportionally increased the monetary worth of all Vultec employees according to their Lifetime Stock-Wage.
Rather than simply enjoying this new wealth, the Board of Directors and I have decided to reappropriate holdings from all stockholders equivalent to recent gains, which will not only allay the planetwide inflation that would surely result from such economic growth, it will grow Vultec's corporate coffers substantially.
The credits gleaned from this redistribution will be put to good work for the corporate clan. As you all know, CSO-E Darmug of the Engineering Sciences division has made new breakthroughs in his work on Stargate technology in recent years; we have an opportunity now to open an entirely new Vultec division. This "Interstellar Enterprises" division will look outwards from Wani, putting our substantial resources into exploration, exploitation, and even colonization outside of our home-system.
Here we are writing a bright new chapter in the history of the Estwani people and the Vultec Corporation

May Tomorrow's Sun Shine Today,
Jesslur

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#1,709,003,119]
Addressed: Interstellar Enterprises Division Head
Addressing: Science Officer Veltassa
Date: 001.2200
Subject: Taking her for a spin

As you know, our first deep-space exploration vessel has left the orbital drydocks precisely on schedule. As per tradition, the crew and I decided on a name once she was sea... spacebound, you'll like it, Lahvon the Impudent. We're scheduled to take the Gate to Zimmatulon at the end of the year, but it's occurred to me that this is a brand-new vessel - we should stretch its legs before plunging it headlong into the abyss. I've charted a leisurely trip around Wani, I'll use the opportunity to go over the celestial bodies in our own system and make sure the calibration on our instruments is spot-on. I wish you could be here - but then, you've got your own history-making work to do.

Love, your clansmate
Veltassa

VCS Lahvon the Impudent Surveying [VC-Archives, Doc.#1,909,145,760]
Lahvon%20Scanning_zpsvx343p1y.png

Internal Communique (7) [VC-Archives, Doc.#2,010,624,438]
Date: 202.2202
Subject: Taking her for a spin [re]

Exciting news - the [sensor packages] onboard the Lahvon have continued to outperform the old pre-gate probes by an impressive degree; as I write this, we're in orbit over Mondak's Retreat. We're picking up more than some previously undetected valuable gases and minerals this time. I don't know how to qualify the readings yet, we need more time to perform in-depth analysis, the whole science deck is abuzz - and frankly so am I. More information as the situation develops.

PS. That's fantastic news, clansmate, I wish I could have been there for the ceremonies; I dearly wish you both the best, May Tomorrow's Sun Shine Today.

Love, your clansmate
Veltassa

Declassified Document [VC-Archives, Unsourced]
Addressed: [Redacted]
Addressing: [Redacted]
Date: xxx.2202
Subject: [Redacted] Sighting

While performing [in-system planetary scans], the SVC-S Lahvon the Impudent detected [redacted] entering the [redacted] on a heading suggesting approach from [redacted]. It is unclear what we are witnessing, but it is certainly not space debris of any sort. The sighting is considered highly classified, only you, I, SO Veltassa and the Crew of the Lahvon, and certain other officials are aware of the existence of these [redacted]. Internally, the [redacted] are being called "Alpha Menace", it's been decided by [redacted] that information regarding Alpha Menace should be quarantined from the public until we can learn more.

[Redacted]

Declassified Document [VC-Archives, Unsourced]
Addressed: SO Veltassa, SVC-S Lahvon the Impudent
Date: 245.2202
Subject: Anomaly on Mondak's Retreat

It has come to the attention of [Redacted] that your crew has discovered [Redacted] while performing scans on the planet Mondak's Retreat. You are to submit further findings on the anomaly to the head of the IE and Science departments, as well as [Redacted]. Otherwise, none except your crew is to learn what you have discovered until proper in-depth analysis can be performed and relevant experts consulted; but that is a matter for those of us planetside, and not for you to worry about.
Once you have exited the Wani system, it is [redacted] understanding that you have been granted autonomy regarding the course of your explorations, but you should make visiting the indicated system and world a priority, again, report your findings there only to the aforementioned,
On another note, [redacted] offer you congratulations on your prestigious position, you are at the forefront of the IE department's efforts, a great honor, and not to be take lightly.

[Redacted]

Excerpt From Board of Directors Meeting-341.2202 [VC-Archives, Doc.#2,015,111,843]

Hephanir: This world, Zimatullon IV, Zeltassa claims its atmosphere and climate are conducive to habitation by Estwani.

Bernalon: True, but according to his reports, it is 3/4 the size of Estwaana, or smaller - would it not be wiser to give the Lahvon time to survey the other surrounding systems before making a decision? The Science division claims that bygone planetbound astronomers identified several worlds within the theoretical range of our stargate that might prove habitable - choosing the best world first would not only...

Jesslur: The measured approach, as always, Bernalon. Tomorrow's Sun, Today, gentlmen! We will colonize Zimatullon IV, just as we will colonize or exploit other life-bearing worlds, once the Lahvon identifies them and...

Bernalon: Your zeal is commendable, Jesslur, but need I remind you we have an obligation to the Estwani people, our shareholders...

Jesslur: Don't crinkle your nose at me and spew your drivel about obligations, I haven't been a child for many years and I'd be grateful for you not to treat me as one; at any rate, whatever comes, it won't be tomorrow. Reports from Chief Science Officer Ralpakin indicate he is still as many as 3 years from completing a suitable colonization vessel, if we don't have all the information we need to make an informed decision on the Zimatullon matter by then, we never will.

Kashnak: Jesslur is right. Zimatullon raises a more pertinent question - we cannot continue to conceal the existence of advanced forms of life beyond the surface of Estwaana. Disregarding the fact that, sooner or later, such information will find a way to disseminate on its own; there's the simple matter that a colonizable world is no good if we can't put Estwani feet on its ground. We must discuss the right time and manner to break the news of extraterrestrial life to the public...

Excerpt From Executive Jesslur's "Life Among the Stars" Address-181.2203 [VC-Archives, Doc.#2,094,735, 665]

[...] It is clear to us that life can exist amongst the stars and on other worlds - we have known this for centuries, since our ancestors first established temporary satellite colonies in orbit of our own world, and more recently the permanent mining colonies orbiting Hadrigga's Bastion. [...] It is not just us, though - other, alien forms of life prowl the reaches of space, and have likely even visited Wani in the past. We cannot afford to be intimidated by the unknown; we must push ever outwards. [...] Even now our scientists toil in the pursuit of a vessel capable of establishing a self-sustaining off-world colony, and the Board of Directors is examining a number of possibilities for that ship's first destination. [...] In the present, the honor of establishing the first inter-stellar Estwani population goes to my co-workers in the Mineral Resources division. The nearby Zimatullon system has a number of hostile worlds containing never-the-less valuable mineral and gas deposits, and a construction ship is on its way there now to build the first Estwani mining station in another star system. [...] Tomorrow's Sun, Today!

Zimatullon I Mining Station Thirty-day Report [VC-Archives, Doc.#2,230,230,109]
Zimatullon I Orbital Mining Station [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Zimatulon%20Mining%20Rig_zpsz5qmppy9.png
Addressed: MR Division Chief of Out-of-System Operations
Addressing: Zimatullon I Station Chief
Date: 94.2204
Subject: 60-90 Thirty-day Report

Production up from previous report 23% - Zimatullon now most lucrative extra-terrestrial mining operation; will be filing official petition for proportional Lifetime Stock-Wage increase for self and crew. In addition, unexpected thermal spikes on planet surface resulting in unforeseen difficulties for station, extra wear-and-tear, will need parts delivered in order to make repairs, preferably treated for extreme heat resistance (to prevent further breakdowns (and repairs) in the future). Specifications and cost-breakdown enclosed in attachment with manifests.

Tetruugh

VCS Lahvon the Impudent Survey Report (Waizirin) [VC-Archives Doc.#2,286,024,318]
Date: 164.2204
Subject: Waizirin

Incredible! The Waizirin system contains not 1, not 2, but 3 life-bearing worlds. 2 of those worlds are suitable for Estwani colonization. Additionally, we chanced on a once-in a lifetime event over the barren world of Waizirin VI; we were able to observe a sudden gravitic shift, the world's magnetic poles actually reversed - and we were in orbit recording! Full data work-ups on the 3 aforementioned worlds, as well as the Waizirin VI event are enclosed in attachments.

Love, your clansmate
Veltassa

Memorandum from Chief of Biological Sciences to Board of Directors [VC-Archives, Doc.#2,407,001,534]
Addressed: The Board of Directors [Exec. Jesslur, Exec. Hephanir, Exec. Ghuum, Exec. Bernalon, Exec. Kashnak]
Addressing: Chief Science Officer of Biological Sciences Sub-Division Ralpakin
Date: 187.2205
Subject: Final Colony Ship Design, Ready for Production

Executive Jesslur, Executives Hephanir, Ghuum, Bernalon, Kashank, I am pleased to inform you that my team has at last settled on a design for a colonization vessel which will be capable of transporting the bones and personnel for a self-sustaining outpost on a hospitable life-supporting world. I have personally gone over the schematics and run the numbers 3 separate times - it's ready. If Executive Jesslur would be so good as to visit the labs in Estwaa, you can look things over for yourself and give us the go-ahead to contact the orbital drydock with the designs.

Impatiently
Ralpakin

Last edited:
Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
Excerpt From Emergency Board of Directors Meeting-242.2207 (VC-Archives, Doc.#3,359,192,787)

Jesslur: I've called this emergency meeting to discuss a matter of utmost importance; however, we've still our traditions, this is our first meeting without Executive Kashnak, we should now acknowledge his lifetime of service...

All: Kashnak!

Jesslur: And our first meeting with Executive Ralpakin, let us acknowledge his past and future service...

All: Ralpakin!

Ralpakin: Thank you all; I hope to bring my expertise to bear for the good of the corporate clan in these turbulent - but exciting - times.

Jesslur: Well-spoken Ralpakin. Now, the matter at hand. As you are all aware, the number of distinct alien "Menaces" codified by the Science division has been growing the more and further the VCS Lahvon wanders from Wani. It has been suspected - though not assured - for some time that at least some of these menaces were not, as was Alpha Menace, docile and spaceborne creatures. Unfortunately, the Biological Sciences sub-division has been so busy in recent years with the Colonization effort that we have been unable to divert resources to properly study these other menaces - at least in a few cases, this is no longer necessary. Ralpakin, if you may.

Ralpakin: Of course. Within the Ten-day, VCS Lahvon was hailed and established lines of communication with an unknown entity - they did not remain unknown for long, quickly introducing themselves as ambassador Orange-Feathers, duly appointed representative of the Archon Wings-of-Teal, leader of the Ikaanan Syndicate.
The meeting was short, when it became clear that SO Veltassa was not a formal representative of our government, they quickly disconnected, but from that brief exchange we have ascertained that the Ikaanans are a fanatically religious people - not unlike the Congregation of Estwaa that challenged the Corporate Government in 2130.
My former colleagues in the Biological Sciences sub-division's Sociology department have advised extreme caution in any and all interactions with these avian lifeforms, they are most certainly ideological extremists, and at the worst, militant zealots.

Orange Feathers (2207) [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#3,409,237,003]
Ikaana%20Sndicate%20Zealots%20establish%20communications_zpslmhuunmr.png

Bernalon: Do you mean to say...

Ralpakin: Do not interrupt, I am not yet finished with...

Bernalon: Do not shush me! You are no longer the head of a department, this is a body of peers...

Jesslur: Bernalon! A body of peers indeed, but I am chief amongst us, be silent and allow Executive Ralpakin to finish.

Bernalon: [Inaudible]

Ralpakin: As I was saying, less than a day later VCS Lahvon was hailed again, but from the other side of Wani - a new signal, from a newly unmasked Menace. This ambassador claimed to represent the State of Karuss; what this reptillian creature lacked in tact, he made up for in statecraft. Their basic form of their government and the identity of their leader were revealed, but almost all other information was obfuscated. The sociologists are unable to extract much information about the Lyrites from that exchange, but claim the carefully calculated overture itself might reveal some valuable insights into the Lyrite culture.
For now, it is best to assume the State of Karuss operates with extreme suspicion as a guiding principal, is highly secretive, and is most likely isolationist - diplomatic efforts with them will be slow-going.

Lyrite Ambassador of Karuss (2207) [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#3,409,244,180]
State%20of%20Karuss_zpshjfg620c.png

Bernalon: Then we are surrounded on our Western and Eastern borders by hostile alien governments? We are practically defenseless from interstellar invasion - our "Fleet" is but 3 experimental war vessels, we must look to defense!

Jesslur: You are at least partly correct - we are surrounded by alien governments; there is no evidence as yet, however, that they are hostile. Inhospitable perhaps, but we need not turn all out efforts to war when there is little to suggest it will be necessary in the near future. Ralpakin, the VCS Lahvon's crew believes both nations use similar communications technology to our own?

Ralpakin: Yes, it is not only compatible, it is primitive enough as to be traced back to its destination - vessels similar (we believe) to the Lahvon, likely exploratory or scientific in nature. If their communications technology is similar to our own, it stands to reason they have only recently left their own home worlds. It is likely they are also only now experimenting with interstellar combat technologies.

Ghuum: I share Bernalon's concerns, though perhaps not to the same degree; we are not alone, we must arm ourselves against the potential hostility of alien neighbors - work on the fleet should be given a higher, but not the highest, priority.

Jesslur: I am in agreement - but not until the first wave of colonization is complete - 3 worlds beyond Zimatulon IV have been discovered with climates sympathetic to Estwani physiology. We must stake out our claims in this region of the galaxy now; more than ever it must be now, our neighbors likely look to the same worlds.

Bernalon: What good will rapid colonization efforts do us if we are left defenseless, I call...

Jesslur: Defenseless from what, Bernalon? The aggression of neighbors with whom we have not even opened formal diplomatic channels? An important matter there presents itself - we must see to the appointment of an Ambassador who will act officially as an intermediary between the Board of Directors and these alien nations.

Hephanir: I can organize a committee to begin finding and interviewing potential candidates, we can have a short list within the Thirty-day.

Bernalon: I...

Jesslur: I do not think there will be any need for that, Hephanir - I have a suggestion. In light of his long years of service to the corporate clan, and considering his history of unerringly pursuing...

Bernalon: Jesslur...

Jesslur: ...the better interest and welfare of both the corporate government and all its employees, I call a vote to perform an emergency executive appointment to the as-yet un-filled position of Ambassador for the Vultec Corporation; candidate: Executive Bernalon.

Bernalon: Jesslur!

Ralpakin: Motion seconded.

Jesslur: I, Executive Jesslur, vote yay.

Bernalon: Nay! Nay, nay, nay!

Ghuum: I, Executive Ghuum, vote yay.

Hephanir: I... Executive Hephanir, vote yay.

Ralpakin: Yay.

Jesslur: Executive Bernalon, effective immediately - by majority vote of the Board of Directors - you are relieved of all current duties and appointed to the position of Vultec Corporate Ambassador to Foreign Nations. This is a great honor, the proper paperwork will be delivered to your offices when it has been drawn up. However, as you are no longer a member of this board, I must ask you to vacate the premises for the remainder of this meeting.

Ambassador Bernalon: Jesslur, I'll get you for this. I'll make you pay!

Jssslur: Ambassador Bernalon, I urge you to consider your words carefully - as you know, verbal threats against members of the Board of Directors can be considered a capital offense if found credible. Do not make me have security escort you out. [...] As this is our first meeting without Executive Bernalon...

Internal Communique, Classified, Encrypted, Unsourced-xxx.2208 [VC-Archives, Unsorted]

Jesslur is consolidating her power; with the appointment of Executive Ralpakin, a loyal flunky, and the ousting of Executive Bernalon, it was a simple matter to elect another of her puppets, Campramar, to the empty chair.
Ghuum, always one to swim downstream in the river of power, has clearly bet his future on Jesslur's continued rise. Hephanir alone remains more loyal to the corporation than to the Head Chair of the Board, though he was forced to play suit when Ghuum supported Jesslur's ploy. Tread carefully.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today

Declassified Document [VC-Archives, Doc.#4,921,650,337]
Addressed: VCM Officer Karba, Captain of VCS-M Hannakon the Sacrificer [CC: VCM Officer Haghannon, VCM Officer Elemano]
Date: 94.2210
Subject: Admiral Karba, VC-Fleet 1

By emergency executive order of the Board of Directors, VCM Officer Karba is, effective immediately, relieved of his command of the VCS Hannakon the Sacrificer and appointed Admiral of the First Vultec Corporate Fleet, which will include the warships VCS Hannakon the Sacrificer, VCS Berek the Cleaver, and VCS Kajana the Swift.
The first order of VC-Fleet 1 is to hunt down and destroy the armada of pirate ships calling themselves the "Grey Company", all Grey Company members are guilty of treason, as well as many counts of murder, theft against a fellow employee, and theft against the corporation - their guilt is without question, none are to be taken alive.

PS. On a personal note, Executive Ghuum would like to congratulate his clansmate on this prestigious promotion.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Jesslur, Ghuum, Hephanir, Ralpakin, Campramar

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#5,820,745,102]
Addressed: Executive Ralpakin
Addressing: CSO of Physics Tetran
Date: 357.2212
Subject: Laser Technology Breakthrough

Though Admiral Karba's defeat at the hands of the Grey Company of scoundrels was a demoralizing one, it proved a golden opportunity for scientific analysis. The physics department and I have finally perfected our new Laser technology, this "Blue Laser" fires faster, hotter, and retains its energy and focus over longer distances; VCM command has already procured the schematics, and the new corvettes to replace Karba's lost ships are being fitted with the new armaments - we've also made leaps in ship-board power systems, but the cost to produce the new fusion reactors is prohibitive and, for our current ship designs, the additional power is unnecessary.

PS. Darmug and I talked it over with the new CSO of Biology, Rhass (you'd like her, Ralpakin - practically a girl, but she undeniably knows her stuff), and we've agreed that if you want to come back to the card table with the department chiefs, you're more than welcome.

Your clansmate in science
Tetran

Excerpt from Executive Jesslur's "Home Away From Home" Address-343.2222 [VC-Archives, Doc.#14,433,912,487]
VC Stellar Charts, Local Space, xxx.2222 [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#15,000,001,959]
Vultec%202222_zpsuwqnycum.png
[...] Look upwards, see the stars, and know that out there, amongst them, are worlds very much like the one which gave birth to the Estwani people - worlds which, 20 years ago, were unknown to us - and now we live upon them. We have conquered the greatest hurdle which any race might face, the same one we all face as children growing into adults, we have left the nest; the Estwani have grown up. [...] This is a brave and exciting time to be alive, but it is also intimidating. Antagonistic alien governments that rule suspicious and spiteful people surround us on all sides; this galaxy, the new stage on which the Estwani must stake their claim, is hostile. [...] We must stand together, resolutely, against all foreign aggressors. [...] With the combined efforts of our greatest minds and the courageous Estwani who staff the ships they design, we will build a fleet that is able to protect our place in this galaxy. [...] We cannot be intimated, we must be undaunted, for the first time in history, our whole race has a home away from home - homes even - and we must be ready and willing to stand on our threshold and protect ourselves from outside threats. [...]

VC-NEWS Broadcast-208.2228 [VC-Archives, Doc.#39,896,514,807]

[...] This just in, events unfolding as we report them, our sources near the Board of Directors are saying that Executive Jesslur has called the third emergency session in the Thirty-day; likely to discuss the further breakdown of diplomatic relations with the theocratic Ikaanan Syndicate. Corroborating sources in Ambassador Bernalon's office claim the embassy has been in a fury today, following Ambassador Orange-Feather's formal declaration of Archon Wings-of-Teal's "Contempt and, indeed, hatred for your despicable, materialistic culture."

It is unclear what all the repercussions of this stunning message of hate might be, but it is sure now, more than ever, that the Vultec corporate clan cannot coexist peacefully with the religious fanatics on our Western border. We at VCN put our hope and support with the Board of Directors and Executive Jesslur, who continue to lead with strength in these trying times.

This is news anchor Cognat with VCN, bringing you all the news you need to know, when you need it.

Excerpt From Emergency Board of Director's Meeting-125.2231 [VC-Archives, Doc.#45,531,590,212]

Jesslur: That is why I have called advisors from the military and political divisions to this meeting. Ambassador Bernalon, Admiral Karba, CSO Rhass, thank you for coming. [...] Ambassador Bernalon, please give us your impression of the situation.

Ambassador Bernalon: I have always been suspicious of the Ikaanans... Executive Jesslur. Even when I was... No matter. I do not believe they can be trusted. My opinion of the Lyrites was similar in the beginning, though I have grown to consider them less threatening, if similarly worthy of dubious scrutiny, in my dealings with them.

Hephanir: What of this new... what was it? This "Non-aggression" pact between their two states?

Ambassador Bernalon: Again, I would see any agreement with either nation as snow on a hot day - but that they decided to treat with eachother and not us - while not surprising of the Ikaanans - is cause for concern.

The Ikaanan/Lyrite Non-Aggression Pledge-124.2231
[Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#45,533,827,448]
KarussIkaanan_zpsatodm5qb.png

Ralpakin: CSO Rhass, please approach the table; first of all, as a scientist, I would like to congratulate you before the board on the exemplary work done by your New Worlds initiative.

Jesslur: Yes, your efforts have been a great boon to the corporate clan, you should be proud.

Campramar: You are a credit to your division, and your clan, Rhass.

CSO Rhass: Thank you, esteemed Board of Directors, that is high praise coming from yourselves.

Jesslur: Ralpakin, the matter at hand.

Ralpakin: Of course. CSO Rhass, the classified assignment for the Sociology department. We understand it is complete, but awaiting final compilation into a formal report. Are you familiar with the work?

CSO Rhass: Of course, I've monitored it closely, considering it came directly from the Board.

Ralpakin: And are you confident enough in your understanding of the work to speak on its outcome here, today?

CSO Rhass: As you know, Executive Ralpakin, I was a Xenobiology specialist - one of the first - and a chemist; but I'm well versed in all the work performed by the Biology sub-division, even the Sociology department.

Ralpakin: Excellent, share the findings of that assignment with us now.

CSO Rhass: According to extensive polling across Estwaana and the 5 colony worlds, as well as significant statistical analysis, nearly all employees of the Vultec Corporation believe the Ikaanan government is an overt threat to the welfare of the corporate clan; 70% (give or take a percentage point) further believe that the Ikaanan people are similarly dangerous, with roughly half of the impression that the Archon and his Syndicate have poisoned the people against us, the other half believing that the Archon's aggression is an expression of the people's will. Of those who consider the Ikaanan state a threat, nearly all (over 90%) would support all out war against them if they were the aggressor; less than half (under 50%) believe a preemptive strike would be costly and... Estwaa... is the Board preparing for a war against the Ikaanans? Are we considering declaring war on the Ikaanans?

Ghuum: You are considering nothing, CSO Rhass, and you would do best when before the table to answer the question you are presented and refrain from idle speculation.

CSO Rhass: I...

Jesslur: That is enough, CSO Rhass, thank you for your time, but the board requires nothing further from you, of course, you understand that all matters discussed at Board Meetings are considered classified until such time as the official records are seen fit for release. You may go. May tomorrow's sun shine today.

Hephanir: I should have liked to speak to her a bit more, Jesslur, get her opinion on this non-aggression pact.

Campramar: You heard her, Hephanir, she's no sociologist; she only delivered a thesis for us on their recent work.

Hephanir: Still...

Jesslur: This is only a preliminary meeting, we are here to examine the threads of events as we know them now, there will be plenty of time to speculate and collect more information in coming Ten-days. Ambassador Bernalon, please approach the table. Considering Executive Hephanir's concerns, elaborate on your impression of the Ikaanan/Lyrite agreement.

Ambassador Bernalon: Of course, fragile though it is, the non-aggression pact is worrying. I can say unequivocally that the governments of both of our nearest neighbors consider us despicable; for the Lyrites, it is simply their nature; for the Ikaanans, it is a matter of their finding us ideologically reprehensible. Likely, they get along together better than they get along with us only because they are less close to eachother than to Vultec. I would not be concerned that their pact will grow into anything more than an agreement to refrain from aggression between themselves - at least until their borders grow closer together; which is the real cause for concern, I think.

Ghuum: You suspect the Lyrites and the Ikaanans have designs on Vultec space? That they collude against us?

Ambassador Bernalon: Yes and no. I believe the Ikaanans do - have designs. As I have said, the Lyrites are pragmatic isolationists, as long as we remain strong enough that we do not seem to be a target of opportunity, they will not move against us. The Ikaanans are another matter. If I were a suspicious man, I would say that this "non-aggression" pledge was a way for the Ikaanans to prepare for an invasion of Vultec space by ensuring that the Lyrites, if they decide to intervene on their own behalf in an Ikaanan/Estwani conflict, target us rather than the Syndicate.

Hephanir: Troubling.

Campramar: And are you?

Ambassador Bernalon: Executive Campramar?

Campramar: A suspicious man, are you a suspicious man, Ambassador Bernalon?

Ambassador Bernalon: I... have learned to value a healthy degree of suspicion.

Jesslur: Thank you Ambassador Bernalon, if none of the other Executives have any further questions for you, Hephanir? [...] The Board has what it needs, you may go. Admiral Karba, please approach the table. Since the utter defeat of the Grey Company, the First Vultec Coporate Fleet has been confined to the Wani system and given limited rations of fuel and armaments to perform routine training exercises - despite this, give us your impression of your battle readiness.

Admiral Karba: The first engagements with the Grey Company were painful lessons in the differences between space engagement and atmospheric combat; we've learned a lot since then. I've instituted a regimen of regular wargames meant to devise new doctrines. We're trying hard to compensate for the lack of hundreds of years of development in military doctrine, and we're learning fast. Target-shooting exercises are helping to familiarize captains and crews with the new technologies rolling out of the Science division. I'm confident in my men, Executive Jesslur, except...

Jesslur: Go on, Admiral.

Admiral Karba: We're sorely lacking for real combat experience. We've fought one enemy since leaving Estwaana, they were pirates, poorly organized; but more importantly, they were us. The Grey Company fought like us because they thought like us, even used the same technology and techniques. Against alien forces, we don't know what it would be like, how different their weapons or their tactics might be.

Hephanir: You have no idea how your ships might perform in open conflict against, say, an Ikaanan fleet.

Admiral Karba: They are brave enough to go into battle, but I simply don't know enough to hazard a guess about the outcome, Executive Hephanir.

Hephanir: Troubling.

Ghuum: Jesslur, I have a suggestion.

Jesslur: At your discretion, Ghuum.

Ghuum: Admiral Karba, are you familiar with the exploratory frontiers?

Admiral Karba: Not especially, sir, I know there are a number of systems at the fringes of the Wani Gate range that are prowled by unusual alien creatures, some sort of silicon based warships or... lifeforms, and Ameboid creatures the size of spacestations... all of them unremittingly hostile - but we know little about them.

Ghuum: Correct, we know little about them. I believe we have an opportunity here to kill 2, even 3 birds with one stone's throw. Fellow Executives, I suggest we assign Admiral Karba and his fleet to clean up the frontiers. With his newly filled out fleet and upgraded ships, he'll engage and destroy any hostile vessels he finds there; SO Veltassa will follow behind science ship Lahvon the Impudent and study the remains, then survey the systems.

Campramar: We'll open up new systems for exploitation, learn more about the xeno-biology of the Crystalloids and Ameboids, and garner valuable fleet experience against alien entities, all in the same process. Well-thought Ghuum.

Jesslur: Yes, excellent. I call for a motion to, as Executive Ghuum has described, begin a joint military and scientific expedition to the frontier system.

Ghuum: Motion seconded.

Jesslur: I, Executive Jesslur, vote aye.

Ghuum: I, Executive Ghuum, vote aye.

Hephanir: I, Executive Hephanir, vote aye.

Ralpakin: I, Executive Ralpakin, vote aye.

Campramar: I, Executive Campramar, vote aye.

Jesslur: Good, Admiral Karba, it will be on you to coordinate with VCM command to determine your approach to this matter, we will send word to the Chiefs after this meeting.

Admiral Karba: Yes, Executive Jesslur.

Jesslur: There is one final thing, Admiral. At this time - and this is strictly a matter of speculation - but, if war were to break out between the Ikaanan Syndicate and the Vultec Corporation, what would be our greatest weakness.

Admiral Karba: The Wani Gate. Our ability to traverse the distance between stars relies entirely on the Gate. It is unknown whether our neighbors use the same method of FTL travel, but even if they do not, it will be obvious to them (once they know of it) that the Gate is our greatest point of strategic failure.

Jesslur: Your suggestion?

Admiral Karba: More gates. Some redundancy would go a long way to giving us time - and the ability - to respond to a swift strike against any gate. You should discuss this in more detail with the VCM command, but I would recommend an additional gate in the Zimatulon and Waizirin systems; we would also want one closer to the Ikaanans, and for that the Cordip system is the obvious choice.

Jesslur: Thank you Admiral, you've been very helpful.

Admiral Karba: It is my pleasure to serve at the direction of the Board, Executive Jesslur.

Jesslur: We have no further need of you in this meeting, you may go. May tomorrow's sun shine today.

Karba's Frontier Campaign, Declassified Document [VC-Archives, Doc.#47,978,950,124]
Karbas%20Frontier%20Campaign_zpsur4dtn8e.png

Last edited:
That is a lucky start, to have some equivalent hostiles on each side, who are also allied together against your empire. It should provide some interesting early conflict in the future...

Heh, yeah; it's going to get dicey. I'm looking forward to the challenge [spoiler: it gets worse].

I admit I pushed into heavy militarization a bit earlier than I normally might; these border expeditions are mostly an effort to get some use out of the expensive fleet I've had docked over Estwaana since its construction. We do have a robust mineral production economy, though, so as long as I'm not actively building ships, I'm able to put quite a bit into my colony worlds, one of which is shaping up to be a lucrative specialized mining world. My capital is - as it usually does - becoming an Energy hub, with some science on the side.

As you say, scientific progress is a bit throttled from the pre-war efforts, lately I've been trying to catch it up by filling out the specialized science squares on my planets with labs and upgrading to them to Biology facilities as early as possible (making a strong push for the good state-craft techs).

Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
Internal Communique, Declassified [VC-Archives, Doc.#49,603,944,132]
Addressed: VCS Department Chiefs [Rhass, Tetran, Darmug], Executive Ralpakin
Addressing: VCS Officer Veltassa
Date: 199.2233
Subject: Anomaly on Ussaldon III
Ussaldon Anomalous Readings [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#49,605,252,030]
Getting%20Too%20Old%20For%20This_zpsbt7nvnnn.png
I know I joke I'm getting too old for this, gallivanting around the galaxy, blazing trails where no Estwani has gone before - truth is, though, I'm not sure what I'd do with shore leave if I got it. Last time the Lahvon docked over Estwaana, I didn't even make it past the space-station.
There's something on Ussaldon III, or rather, there was someone on Ussaldon III, a very long time ago. All I know right now is that this inhospitable rock shows signs of prior habitation by an advanced alien race; I haven't been this excited since we chanced on the Mondak's Retreat anomaly almost 15 years ago now.
This one is big, I can feel it in my nose. We're prepping the away team now.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Veltassa

Battle Report, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#50,891,134,710]
Addressed: VCM High-Chief Haghonon
Addressing: VCM Admiral Karba
Date: 009.2234
Subject: Chohar Battle Report

Chohar was a loss, we retreated successfully after only a brief period of engagement, but in the time it took the emergency warp-drive to charge, we lost 7 ships to the crystalline entities. When we entered the system, we quickly detected a small flotilla of prismatic composition, 1 each of green, red, and blue crystals. The fleet formed an offensive wedge and moved to engage - we didn't detect the rest until we were already in firing range of their unusual weapons.
I don't know how to describe what we saw, an armada, or a spawning ground maybe. A whole host of crystal ships, they were hidden in the shadow of the sun, obscured by the light and heat, our sensors had no idea they were there. I've ordered the fleet back to the orbital dry-dock over Wani for repairs and resupply, I'll need to file for new ships as well, anything you can do to expedite the process will get us back into the sky that much sooner.
We won't go back to Chohar, not yet. That system should be considered highly dangerous until such time as a much larger - or more advanced - fleet can be built to deal with the crystalloids that seem to be living there.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Admiral Karba

Internal Communique(3), Declassified [VC-Archives, Doc.#51,387,441,092]
Xeno-Archeology Propaganda Poster Art [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
First%20League%20Archaeology_zpsxrraj2em.png
Addressed: VCS Department Chiefs [Rhass, Tetran, Darmug], Executive Ralpakin
Addressing: VCS Officer Veltassa
Date: 099.2234
Subject: Anomaly on Ussaldon III

What we have found on Ussaldon III surpasses anything I could have predicted. The site we detected from orbit turned out to only be a small outpost, perhaps a science station, or a communication relay; or something we are not yet capable of comprehending. There was little left, but what remained was ancient. Our field tests place the age of the artifacts at, roughly, 2,000,000 years. This civilization plied the skies while our earliest ancestors hunted the snowy plains of Estwaana on all fours, little more than animals. It is humbling to think of.
As near as we can tell, the precursors who left these were a member of some sort of Galactic Federation, a "First League" that incorporated many races in peaceful coexistence - it is difficult, give the current situation in Estwaana, to imagine such a thing, but tattered records suggest it was so. Among those records we discovered a map of the galaxy, no meaningful information could be extracted from it, except perhaps that at the time of the chart, the First League claimed more than half of the galaxy. I shudder to think what might have brought such a mighty empire to ruin.
I do not believe there is anything else here of significant value, we needn't worry about disrupting the archeological integrity of the site; anything we could damage has long since been weathered to uselessness. We will take what artifacts can be moved up to the Lahvon and transport them to laboratories on Estwaana. This is the find of my life - I wish I had more time - I think I shall die aboard the Lahvon, searching out more remnants of this ancient civilization.

May Tomorrow's Sun Shine Today
Veltassa

Excerpt From Emergency Board of Directors Meeting-270.2234 [VC-Archives, Doc.#52,505,919,367]

Jesslur: Admiral Karba, it seems that your defeat in the Chohar system was fortuitous, as it brought you back to the Estwaana system in good time to attend this meeting, you will see that the VCM command Chiefs are all here, and so are the VCS division Chiefs, and ambassador Bernalon too. We are all here because we have been vindicated in preparing for conflict with the Ikaanans and, it seems, we have also been preparing for conflict with the Lyrites. Ambassador Bernalon, please share what you have learned.

Ambassador Bernalon: Of course, Executive Jesslur. It seems that my initial estimation of the Ikaanan/Lyrite non-aggression pact was... erroneous. It has grown into something far more troubling. It seems that, despite their mutual distaste for eachother, they have formed a shaky alliance. They attempted to keep this fact hidden - from us, obviously - but we were lucky enough to intercept transmissions from them which gave us the details. They are calling it a "Mutual Defense Agreement"; an assurance that, should either of them be attacked by a foreign aggressor, the other will lend their fleet as military aid. The precise wording implies the agreement would be void if either signatory were the offensive party in the war.
The Syndicate and Karuss form a Defensive Pact [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#52,030,660,394]
Strengthening%20of%20lthe%20pact_zpsasrx7okq.png

All: [Murmuring, Whispers]

Jesslur: Thank you ambassador. As many of you know, the Board of Directors has been corroborating with certain members of the VCM and other divisions to examine the feasibility of, and lay the initial groundwork for, a preemptive strike against the Syndicate. Give recent development, that no longer seems advisable with our fleet as it is.

VCM High-Chief Haghonon: I should say not! A two sided war against the Lyrites and Ikaanans would almost certainly be suicidal; while we know little about the precise makeup of their fleet and its capabilities, my intelligence officers speak with confidence when they assure me that either nation is roughly equivalent to ourselves in military wherewithal.

Ghuum: Can we not simply build a larger fleet?

Hephanir: Impossible, our current fleet stretches the corporate economy to the maximum extent of its fleet supporting infrastructure; pushing it any further would be financially ruinous.

Jesslur: Both fine points.

Hephanir: How can both points be...

Jesslur: That is to say, you are right Hephanir, we have already committed all the available infrastructure to producing and supporting the First Vultec Corporate Fleet. But Ghuum is also partly right, we need a larger fleet.

Hephanir: If what Ambassador Bernalon says is correct, then this defensive pact might do as much to assure peace as threaten it - if either side attacked us, it would void their agreement, it is an incentive to maintain the status quo.

Jesslur: For now, perhaps, but you must look farther ahead Hephanir. With our current gate technology, it is impossible for Vultec ships to pass beyond either the Syndicate or the State of Karuss in a single jump, and since they have closed their borders to us, attempting to pass through would be nothing less than a declaration of war. We are boxed into our systems, while the Ikaanans and Lyrites are free to expand Westward and Eastward, respectively. While we stagnate, they will continue to grow larger and more powerful, eventually, they will no longer require eachother's help to fight us (if, indeed, they require it now). If we do not upset this status quo, its logical conclusion is the conquest of the Vultec Corporation by hostile aliens.

All: [Murmuring, Whispers]

Campramar: Your words are wise, Jesslur. What do you suggest.

Jesslur: We must commit, in earnest, to an offensive war against the Ikaanan Syndicate. And if the Lyrites honor their agreement, then the State of Karuss as well.

VCM High-Chief Haghonon: You've fire under your tail, Jesslur.

VCM Chief Limathar: As the board orders, the VCM does, do you have a plan?

Jesslur: I have been working closely with Admiral Karba to devise a plan for the invasion of the Syndicate from the Southern border. The new Cordip Gate puts their home-system of Ikor well within range of our FTL jump boundaries, a decisive strike there, hopefully with a major fleet victory, will likely cripple their war effort, freeing us up to respond to a Lyrite counter-offensive in the East.

VCM High-Chief Haghonon: This plan of yours will leave Wani completely defenseless, if the State of Karuss is as ready for war as we are, they might storm Estwanna even as we batter down the gates of Ikor.

Jesslur: That is a risk, yes. Chief Limathar, you will be responsible for swelling the ranks of our ground forces; we will need marines to land on Ikor and other alien worlds, as well as defensive forces for our own. Admiral Karba, your fleet will be grown continuously until we are ready for the attack; for the time being, arrest your frontier campaigns, we cannot afford another setback like the loss at Chohor.

Admiral Karba: As you command.

Hepanir: Listen to all of you! Entertaining this madness! We cannot grow the fleet any further, It will bankrupt the corporation!

Jesslur: It will. We will mobilize fully for war, the civilian economy will be diverted and reorganized into military support, non-essential infrastructure will be diverted into military support. It will not be a comfortable time, but we must do this to ensure the continued sovereignty of the corporate government.

Hephanir: We will do nothing until there has been a vote by the board.

Jesslur: Ah, yes, the vote... I nearly forgot, pardon me. I call for a vote...

Excerpt from Executive Jesslur's "We Will Fight" Address-285.2234 [VC-Archives, Doc.#52,198,760,204]

It is now certain to the Board of Directors and the corporate government that the despicable Ikaanan Archon, Wings-of-Teal, has designs on the people of the Vultec Corporation. He means to come here with armies of alien invaders, carried by warships, and force his self-indulgent faith of fear and aggression on the Estwani people. [...] The clever men and women of our intelligence division have shown us that the Syndicate does not act alone, it colludes with the suspicious Lyrites, who would see us conquered for their own gain. [...] You needn't fear, the Vultec Corporation will always stand by its employees, the VCM is ready to protect you. [...] These next few years will be a trying time, we must commit fully and without compromise to the defense of Vultec space. we must be willing to sacrifice small comforts. I assure you your sacrifices will not be in vain. The Board of Directors stands for you, next to the VCM, we will fight for the freedom of the Estwani people, we will fight for the sovereignty of Vultec, we will fight for you.

Internal Communique, Declassified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#63,010,001,385]
Addressed: Executive Jesslur
Addressing: Assisstant to Ambassador Bernalon Lhaana
Date: 198.2236
Subject: Sporolid War with Karuss

Ambassador Bernalon regrets that he could not relay this himself, but currently he is embedded in talks with the embassy from the Djomar Assembly.
The State of Karuss has declared war on the Sporolid Colonies, he said to tell you "Swiftly now, ere the snow melts", that you would know what it meant.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Assisstant to Ambassador Bernalon Lhaana

Internal Communique, Declassified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#65,842,133,769]
Addressing: Ambassador Bernalon
Date: 337.2237
Subject: Dissolution of the Ikaanan/Lyrite Pact
Karuss Declares War On the Sporolids [VC-Archives, Doc.#68,249,070,058]
Karuss%20moves%20on%20the%20Sporolids_zpsximsmj3f.png
I was not, it seems, so wrong about the tensions between the State of the Karuss and the Ikaanan Syndicate as we thought. Word has just reached me that Wings-of-Teal has broken off the defensive pact with the State of Karuss due to frustration over the Lyrite war against the Sporolids.

Ambassador Bernalon

Internal Communique Declassified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#70,000,834,925]
Addressed: Admiral Karba [CC: VCM High-Chief Haghonon]
Date: 60.2239
Subject: VC Fleet One Orders
Karba's Plan of Attack, Declassified [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#70,210, 453,208]
The%20Plan%20of%20Attack_zps4r8wqaat.png
Admiral Karba, the fleet is ready, and the corporation chaffs under the weight of its logistical needs - as you know, the Lyrites are otherwise indisposed and their agreement with the Ikaanans has broken down, now is the time to strike. Position the fleet at the Cordip Gate and prepare to jump to Ikor on 100.2239, first light by Estwaana hours; we will make the declaration of war later that day, as you are in FTL transit. Keep us abreast of any relevant developments, otherwise, best luck.

Executive Jesslur

Excerpt From the Captain's Log of the VCS Rotha the Invincible [VC-Archives, Doc.#70,112,572,053]

We enter FTL from the Cordip Gate in less than 3 hours, the crew are all on edge. We don't know what to expect when we come out of warp space. It's hard to believe that later today, the Board of Directors is actually going to make a declaration of war. I'm going to make the rounds one more time, make sure everything is in order.

The fighting in Ikor is over, for now. The Fleet is positioned over the Ikaanan homeworld and Admiral Karba has ordered the commencement of limited orbital bombardment in preparation for the arrival of the ground forces.

Admiral Karba shares the other captains' concerns that Ikor was taken too easily, as do I. The "Defensive Force" of the Ikaanan homeworld was all of one warship, the rest of the system was guarded only by mining stations. It begs the question, "Where is the Syndicate Fleet?"

The Admiral has ordered a small detachment of five ships to remain in orbit over Ikaan - that's the name of their homeworld, the one we're bombing - and continue the bombardment. The rest of the fleet is going hunting. We know of two other Syndicate occupied system, we're going to sweep through them and try to find the main Ikaanan fleet, if we can't, we'll still hit their orbital drydocks and try to cripple their military production lines.

VC Fleet 1 Engages the Syndicate Fleet [Complimentary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#71,072,381,602]
Karba%20Vs.%20the%20Ikaanans_zpso2nqhj8w.png
We got them. The Cordip gate was just about done opening a wormhole to warp space, we were holding at the edge of the system; just then, Admiral Karba ordered the whole fleet out of jump formation and into battle groups. Somebody's sensors picked up the telltale traces of a wormhole exit opening less than spitting distance from us - we didn't have anyone scheduled to come in from Cordip, so it had to be the Ikaanans. The battle wasn't long, we outnumbered them 3 to 2, and all that tech from the Science division was hot as hell, the shields, the point defense, everything worked just right.
We lost one ship, Yilmassa the Reformer - her captain was a clansmate.

VC-NEWS Broadcast-307.2239 [VC-Archives, Doc.#72,749,650,021]

Decisive victories in the conflict with the Ikaanan Syndicate are promising signs of a swift conclusion to the war. According to intelligence released from the VCM, the Ikaanan fleet - a vicious and formidable enemy though it was - has been utterly defeated, all that remains is to force the Syndicate to accept defeat.

This is news Anchor Cognat bringing you all the news that you need to know, when you need it.

Internal Communique, Classified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Addressed: [Redacted]
Addressing: VCS Head of Genetic Sciences Department Jaffab
Date: 370.2239
Subject: Special Project

The special project [Redacted] requested is nearly complete, but if you wish to maintain this veil of secrecy, you will have to wait another Thirty-day to pick it up; there is still some work to do, and Rhass is performing an unexpected department review, she's sure to discover us if I don't table it for now.

VC-NEWS Broadcast-001.2240 [VC-Archives, Doc.#73,451,684,886]

A ray of light in these dark times, the results from the Board of Director's vote to keep or replace Head Chair Jesslur have been released, Jesslur has kept the chair.

This is news Anchor Cognat bringing you all the news that you need to know, when you need it.

Battle Report, Declassified, Encrypted
[VC-Archives, Doc.#74,391,157,506]
Addressing: VCM General Yndan
Date: 188.2240
Subject: Battle of Ikaan Report

With moderate support from Estwani divisions, VCS-E Head Darmug's robotic soldiers performed splendidly on Ikaan. After substantial orbital bombardment weakened the planet's fortifications, we landed in major agricultural fields near the capital and established a beachhead from which to launch our assault. What armed defenders remained surrendered easily until we reached the Palace of the Archon, where the royal guard fought - I must admit - a valiant last stand. We've captured most of the essential government personnel and occupied the city, other major population centers to follow. It seems Wings-of-Teal has escaped.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
General Yndan

Addressing: General Yndan
Date: 254.2240
Subject: Wings-of-Teal

Archon Wings-of-Teal was found in a bunker buried and carefully concealed below the royal palace, he's been taken into custody with the rest of the government officials from the Syndicate.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
General Yndan

Excerpt from Executive Jesslur's "Victory" Address-364.2240 [VC-Archives, 78,853,729,430]

Yesterday, at noon ECT, the Ikaanan Syndicate's interim government council offered unconditional surrender of all its worlds to the custody of the Vultec Corporation. [...] While the Syndicate's bloodthirsty leader, Archon Wings-of-Teal is as yet unaccounted for, this marks a great victory for the corporation. It will be some time before things return to the way they were before this horrible conflict, there is still the matter of how to handle the integration of the Ikaanan people; but it is better to view this time as the dawning of a new era of prosperity for the corporate clan. With the Ikaanans no longer blocking the Western reaches, our science vessels are free to plumb new reaches of uncharted space, where we may find yet more worlds to grow the corporate clan. [...] If nothing else, this means victory. Victory for the corporation, victory for the Estwani, victory for our ideals.

Addressed: VCM Chief Limathar
Date: 370.2240
Subject: Agents 1 and 2

Agent 1 should be distributed through the major municipal water systems of Urytry, Rooki, and Ikaan; Agent 2 should be distributed via atmospheric injection over major population centers. Await final confirmation.

VC-NEWS Broadcast-010.2241 [VC-Archives, Doc.#80,411,569,438]

Former Syndicate Archon Wings-of-Teal's terrorist campaign was brought to a close today when VCM teams operating on the former Syndicate capital of Ikaan stormed a previously undiscovered secret military base. Wings-of-Teal, who has clearly gone mad, raved all through a lengthy interrogation that "None will stop my final revenge, without me, there is no Ikaan! Without me, the Ikaanans are nothing!" Shortly after, numerous detonations from small atmospheric missiles were detected over the former Syndicate worlds, only time will tell if this was a failed attempt at one final act of terror, or something far more sinister.

Internal Communique, Declassified [VC-Archives, Doc.#87,919,428,062]
Addressed: Board of Directors [Jesslur, Ghuum, Hephanir, Campramar, Ketrill]
Addressing: VCS Investigative Officer Jaffab
Date: 300.2241
Subject: Analysis of former Ikaanan planets' atmospheres and populations complete

I have completed my formal investigation of the atmospheres of the Ikaanan Worlds; I can now confirm that a foreign biological agent was distributed into the atmosphere via multiple points of insertion over the surface roughly one year ago. After investigating both Estwani VCM personnel stationed on the worlds, and Ikaanan natives, I can confirm that nearly the entire Ikaanan population (and only the Ikaanans) has been afflicted by a genetically tailored biological weapon which has rendered them sterile. I have found no evidence of any individuals who are immune; men and women, old and young, born and unborn, have been infected.
This may be out of turn, but I cannot contain my horror, this weapon will destroy their entire species; a whole race, wiped out in a generation, cleanly.

VCS-I Officer Jaffab

Board of Directors Press Release-320.2241 [VC-Archives, Doc.#88,023,095,170]

Executive Ghuum: What Wings-of-Teal has done to his species is untennable, but he is not Estwaani, and his crimes were not against Vultec employees, so he will not be subjected to the Vultec justice system. As a punishment for his atrocities, he will be held in custody as a prisoner of war until such time as the last Ikaanan citizen dies, if he is still alive then, he will be deposited on one of the worlds whose population his biological weapons sterilized. In the meantime, as a show of respect for the Ikaanans, the VC Fleet will withdraw, save a few blockading vessels, and allow them to live out the last years of their species in peace. VCS-B Scientists are working on a solution to the virus that afflicts the Ikaanans in conjunction with the remaining scientists from the former Syndicate, but preliminary investigations say their chances are not good.

Last edited:
does anybody know what technology i need for an embassy? and sorry for my bad english

As of the recent "Asimov" patch, Embassies (Stellaris's go-to diplomatic overture) have been replaced with a new system of "trust", which increases or decreases relations with another nation, over time, based on whether you have a mutually beneficial or an antagonistic relationship.

Gist: there is no tech needed for embassies, as there are no more embassies.

(In the case of the sort of "found-footage narrative" I'm working on right here, I imagine that major interstellar nations maintain embassies with each-other as a matter of course, despite perhaps not having positive diplomatic relations (as is often the case on our Earth)).

Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
VC-NEWS Emergency Signal Broadcast, Signal Override Code:14982-3701-20969-6547-18489, 69.2242 [VC-Archives, Doc.#92,108,298,729]

This is assistant news anchor Linntyl coming to you live from the VC-NEWS headquarters. The building is being attacked - even as we transmit, armed men and women are sweeping through the lower floors, cutting their way past the security doors on the way to the newsroom. Anchor Cognat was cut down in the first minutes of the attack, along with the VCM assigned station guards. We'll stay on the air as long as possible...

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#92,110,054,130]
Addressed: VCS Biologist Racaaly
Addressing: VCS Biologist Tywiin
Date: 69.2242
Subject: Guess Who

You'll never guess who I just saw in the halls; I was on my way back to my lab from the break room when I heard someone around the corner coughing like death. I stopped to listen, and when the coughing died down, I heard Chief Scientist Rhass. Shame on me I know, I couldn't help it though, they were talking about some sort of treatment, but before long there was a bunch of shouting and a VCM officer with his rifle out came around the corner and scared me half to death. I thought he was going to shoot me, He said something, and then Rhass came around with a few more guards and Executive Jesslur. Rhass vouched for me and Jesslur helped her and the guard stopped pointing his rifle at me.
There was something going on. I don't know what - you'll say I'm crazy, but this wasn't normal, I know the Executives are always escorted around by the Elite Guard, but then, in the hall, the guards looked alert and ready to kill, like there was something in the building and they thought it was coming for them.
Anyway, the guards took Executive Jesslur back around the corner and Rhass helped me up, after she asked how my work was going she told me to take the rest of the day off and to try to forget about what had happened, I'm still a little shakey. Will you come over tonight? We can play cards and maybe watch something later.

Love,
Tywiin

VC-NEWS Emergency Signal Broadcast, Signal Override Code:14982-3701-20969-6547-18489, 69.2242 [VC-Archives, Doc.#92,108,298,729]

They're at the door to the newsroom, I can see the fire from their torch cutting through the metal. If I'm not here one minute from now, I want to say that it has been a great pleasure serving you all; those of us that remain are profoundly grateful for your years of support, we've always tried to do our best. They're nearly through now, we're going to have a moment of silence... for those already dead...

[Shouting, gunshots]

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: This is still assistant anchor Linntyl, coming to you live from the VC-NEWS headquarters, I'm here with... a special guest; VCM Chief Limathar, who says she has some very important information that she must share with the entire corporate clan. Uhm, Chief Limathar, why don't you... just say what you need to say, please.

VCM Chief Limathar: Of course, as you are all aware, the Vultec Corporation recently triumphed against the Ikaanan Syndicate. I was on the ground on Ikaan in the days following the siege of the Syndicate's capital, and I can personally vouch for the fact that the Ikaanans were a hostile people with a deeply ingrained hatred for the Estwani. That's neither here nor there - I'm here to expose an abuse of the Estwanis' trust; and you should know that I had a hand in it.
On 370, 2240 I received a classified transmission from Executive Ghuum giving instructions on where to distribute unspecified materials he called "Agent 1" and "Agent 2". Agent 1 was to be distributed across the Ikaanan Syndicate by the municipal water supply, Agent 2 by aerial insertion in the atmosphere. A few days later, packages thus marked arrived at my command center by way of the VCM command. I quickly made preparations to have Executive Ghuum's instructions carried out, then, on 10, 2241 a confirmation arrived from Executive Ghuum, and I ordered the team I had assigned with the task to go ahead. That same day, this news organization reported that Archon Wings-of-Teal had been apprehended. It did not take long to realize that the Archon was being blamed for the operation that my men had carried out by Executive Ghuum's orders via myself. Later, that same operation - and Wings-of-Teal with it - were credited with the sterilization of the Ikaanan race.

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: I'm... sorry, are you saying that not only you, but other members of the VCM, and an executive of the Vultec corporate government orchestrated, knowingly participated in, and then covered up the genocide of the Ikaanan race?

VCM Chief Limathar: I'm saying that some of those people are guilty of some of those things, and perform the operation, for instance.

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: But you realized afterwards what the operation was, and figured out that Wings-of-Teal had been framed for it.

VCM Chief Limathar: Yes.

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: You don't think any of your soldiers came to the same conclusion?

VCM Chief Limathar: They didn't have all of the information I had.

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: It seems unlikely...

VCM Chief Limathar: Stop! Understand, I'm here to acknowledge my own responsibility for what happened, and to try to bring light to the other members of what I can only call the conspiracy around it. The Estwani deserve to know what happened, they deserve to know how deep the corruption goes. My men had no idea what they were doing, or what they did - they served with distinction in the Ikaanan war.

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: Okay... Perhaps you'd like to tell us why you waited so long to...

[Gunshots]

Asst. Anchor Linntyl: Something is happening in the building below us, there's more gunfire; Chief Limathar?

VCM Chief Limathar: It must be the VCM, they're responding to our seizure of the station. Get under your desk, don't come out.

[Shouting, gunshots]

VC-NEWS Broadcast-87.2242 [VC-Archives, Doc.#92,948,681,938]

It's been nearly two Ten-days since this station was attacked by the partisan forces of Executive Hephanir and former VCM Chief Limathar, who was killed in the fighting on floors below this very desk, came out with her startling revelation of genocidal conspiracy within the very Board of Directors. Executive Jesslur, who has not been seen since that day, is rumored to be in hiding with the VCM command, who still commands the bulk of the corporate military against the rebels. Hephanir's guerilla forces have been hiding in residential population centers to conceal their movements and dissuade strong response from the VCM, who - at least for now - seem to fear causing undue collateral damage.
Besides disrupting military supply lines when possible, the rebels have done little to move against the VCM's superior forces, but Hephanir's ranks have been swelling continuously with Estwani outraged by the perceived corruption of the corporate government. If this conflict is not brought to a decisive end soon, we may be looking at the first days of an Estwani civil war.
So far, most of the fighting has been contained to Estwaana, with some of the colony worlds reporting demonstrations from supporters of Executive Jesslur or Executive Hephanir in major cities.
Executive Ghuum is still nowhere to be found, Executives Campramar and Hannokon are thought to be safely sequestered with Executive Jesslur.
A transmission from Ambassador to Foreign Nations Bernalon has recently been received in Estwaa, urging the employees of the corporation to refrain from taking rash action, and to allow this conflict to resolve itself with as little harm to the corporate employee body as possible.

This is news anchor Linntyl, may tomorrow's sun shine today.

Internal Communique, Classified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Transferred From Closed Military Server, Doc.#100,729,109,457]
Addressing: VCM High-Chief Haghonon
Date: 90.2242
Subject:

Our mole in Hephanir's organization has come through; tomorrow they will be moving the former executive to an undisclosed location, but the mole will go with them. Prior to the move, the mole will ingest a gel tablet containing nano-transmitters that will remain dormant in his digestive tract until a second chemical is ingested. When the transmitters go online, we will be able to track them via satellite, even through traditional signal jamming technologies. Teams will be on standby all over the city for a rapid and coordinated response.

Excerpt From Executive Jesslur's "Corporate Reformation" Address-113.2242 [VC-Archives, Doc.#93,430,691,005]
Corporate Reform [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#93,600,712,358]
Corporate%20Reform_zpsrvc3v6ze.png
If nothing else, at last we are at an end to this attempted rebellion. No more will the Estwani fight against eachother, we will be unified again. As Head Chair of the Board of Directors, I cannot deny all responsibility for the misguided and criminal actions of my peers. Former Executive Hephanir will be tried for treason; Former Executive Ghuum, now that he has been apprehended, will be brought to account for his crimes against the Ikaanan people. But I, and the other remaining members of the board, must acknowledge the need for some kind of change.
In the past, when Vultec was a private entity, this corporation had a CEO. [...] The Chief Executive Officer was responsible for many of the duties which were remanded to the Board of Directors during the formation of the corporate government. At the time, it seemed that the distribution of power amongst a council of peers was wise, that the members would compliment eachothers' strengths, cover for eachothers' weaknesses, and that the they would police eachother and prevent abuse of power; but now it is clear that 5 individuals all possessed of the same or similar executive authority is a danger - it is not always possible for the Board to be fully informed on the actions of all of its members. [...]
I, Campramar, and Hannakon have voted to enact an immediate restructuring of the corporate government to return to a manner modeled after the old corporate structure. The Board of Directors will be restored to its historical number of 13 and become an advisory council to a single Chief Executive Officer. [...] In order to see us through to the end of these troubling times, I have been appointed CEO of the Vultec Corporation, in the future, the Board of Directors will hold a council to vote to keep the standing CEO, or elect a new one, at least every 50 years, though they may do so after only 40 at their discretion.

Advisory Board Recommendation: Zimatullon Prime Separatists-370.2243 [VC-Archives, Doc.#102,361,409,824]
Zimatullon Prime Separatist Riots [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#101,994,210,719]
Separatist%20Riots_zpsqzjn9q1h.png

The unrest on Zimatullon has resulted in the destruction of several colonial infrastructure sectors, including one of two agricultural districts responsible for feeding the colonists. The Executive Advisory Board recommends that no exercise of force be used to quell the rioting. Trust in the corporate government is still low across all worlds, any antagonistic action will only serve to damage what good will has been regained. Instead, the Advisory Board recommends VCM guarded repair missions to Zimatullon in order to restore damaged infrastructure, as well as material aid in the meantime to combat shortages of food, medicine, and other critical supplies that are likely to ensue from the riots.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
The Executive Advisory Board

VC-NEWS Broadcast-173.2245 [VC-Archives, Doc.#105,418,181,047]

Early today the Executive Advisory Board announced their decision to elect Director Hannakon (one of the two surviving members of the three-Executive board which enacted the governmental reforms nearly 3 years ago) to the seat of Chief Executive Officer. Hannakon takes the position of CEO Jesslur, who led the Vultec Corporation as Head Chair of the Board of Directors for 42 years, before dying of natural causes after 3 years as CEO. Hannakon's first act as CEO was to announce the 100th day of the Estwani calendar "Chief Executive's Day", in honor of the first CEO of the Vultec corporate government. Jesslur's clan will be holding private funerary rites for another 3 days, after which time she will be interred in the Mausoleum of Ice along with all former Board of Directors members. Public funerary rites will begin after the ceremony. More on newly elected CEO Hannakon in the coming hour.
CEO Hannakon [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#105,000,095,012]
CEO%20Hannakon_zps4cdl8wdk.png

This is news Anchor Linntyl, may the sun shine always on the lost.

Internal Communique, Declassified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#107,226,901,829]
Kazon Uprising, Declassified, Encrypted [Complementary Document,VC-Archives, Doc.#106,873,103,809]
Kazon%20Uprising_zpspbilpoab.png
Addressed: VCM General Yndan
Addressing: VCM High-Chief Haghonon
Date:83.2246
Subject: Uprising on Kazon

The rioting and unrest on Kazon has reached critical mass, a citizen militia armed with non-military weapons has declared open revolt and attacked the garrison, you are to take the standing army on Waizirin Prime there and disperse the dissidents. Use as little force as possible, but put down the rebellion.

VCM Admiral Karba's Personal Log-168.2246
[VC-Archives, Doc.#108.859,513,734]
Fleet Battle Outside Kazon [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#108,322,401,209]
Civil%20War_zps38kbovpr.png

General Yndan was unable to reach Kazon before the separatists seized control of the colony. VC Fleet One had to be deployed to escort our armies to the planet; unfortunately, the separatists managed to cobble together a rudimentary fleet from converted commercial vessels, and we did not reach the military transports until one of the robotic divisions had already been destroyed. Otherwise, the battle was fair. We lost one vessel, we're escorting the transports now, we'll engage in light orbital bombardment to damage fortifications occupied by separatist forces in preparation for the army's landing.

Advisory Board Recommendation: Resumption of VCM Frontier Pacification Initiative-47.2251
[VC-Archives, Doc.#121,293,171,581]

It is the Executive Advisory Board's opinion that the rebellious sentiment and dissatisfaction with the corporate government has dissipated sufficiently that resources and effort reserved for peace-keeping and damage control can now be diverted back to development and expansion. Especially, with no further risk of separatist uprisings in the colonies, VC-Fleet 1 might return to the previously abandoned frontier pacification initiative from before the Ikaanan war.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today

Last edited:
Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
VCM Report To Executive Advisory Board: Destroyers-379.2251 [VC-Archives, Doc.#124,982,710,815]
VCM Destroyers Engage Crimson Crystalloids [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#124,222,418,510]
Destroyers_zpsaclzxjlv.png

Admiral Karba, who has been prowling the frontier with VC-Fleet 1, has formulated a report on the efficacy of our new Destroyer class of ships. While - he says - the point defense is of little use at the range one typically engages Crystalloids, the exceptionally large turret-mounted blue laser has proved quite effective. The durability of this new ship is also appreciated by their crews - he has yet to lose one, although he recognizes that may be because of the shorter engagement range of his Corvettes. He recommends continuing to construct this newer, more robust ship in favor of the corvette class - and after watching footage from of several engagements, the VCM command is inclined to agree.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
the VCM command Chiefs

Internal Communique, Declassified [VC-Archives, Doc.#126,347,012,482]
Addressed: VCS-Biology Chief Thaloth
Addressing: VCS Officer Timaphon
Date: 76.2252
Subject: The Tissilum III Natives
The Tissilum III Natives [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#125,994,293,130]
Tissilums%20native%20problem_zpstjvhulfw.png

Tissilum III represents a first - and a bit of a dilemma. First of all, it is a large world, ecologically a virtual exact match to Estwaana. Secondly, it is already inhabited by stone-aged primitives. Tissilum III is easily the largest world we have yet surveyed (barring gas giants), further, it possesses notably large and diverse mineral deposits, rich agricultural land, and trace amounts of valuable metals which would be valuable for research in the fields of robotics and materials sciences.
The natives, however, pose a double issue. They are decidedly primitive, likely hostile as a result, and are well distributed across the landmasses of the world. In addition to the ethical concerns of interrupting the natural development of a primitive species, there would be the matter of what do with them should colonization take place. I must say that I believe they pose a valuable resource in and of themselves, the chance to observe the development of a species's culture and civilization from a juvenile state would be an unprecedented opportunity.
When you make your recommendation to the Advisory Board, please consider espousing the benefits of limited colonization and continual study of the "Tissilians".

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Captain Timpahon

Excerpt From CEO Hannakon's "Estwani First" Address-162.2253
[VC-Archives, Doc.#132,353,510,671]
Unrestricted Native Interference [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#131,750,119,094]
unrestricted_zpsafxigzir.png
The Advisory Board has been divided on this issue; strong arguments have been made for leaving the world of Tissilum III in its current state and passing it by - or at the very most, the non-intrusive observation of the Tissilians from orbit. However, the Vultec Corporation must always put the welfare of its employees before outsiders, and Tissilum III is a large world rich in mineral and biological wealth. As CEO, I must put the Estwani first. I have decided to move ahead with the colonization of Tissilum III.
We have not forgotten our failings during the Ikaanan war however, we will not allow our history to repeat itself on Tissilum III. In preparation for the landing of the colonists, the Tissilians will be guided onto large reservations, where they will be allowed to live and develop unhindered. Perhaps this is not a perfect solution, but nevertheless, we will attempt to share Tissilum III with its natives.

Excerpt From Executive Advisory Board Meeting-216.2258 [VC-Archives, Doc.#167,401,389,132]

High Governess Cognat: Perhaps we could turn to the matter which preys most heavily on everyone's mind. That of the transmission from creatures calling themselves the "Saiiban Enclave". Let us review the known quantities.
Yesterday, at 8:30 ECT, every signal-receiving device in the corporation, across all worlds and stations, was briefly hijacked so that the Saiiban might deliver a message. Vultec employees heard this on their radios, they saw it on their televisions, they received unprompted communications on their mobile devices. Military signals were no exception. Steward, please replay the message for the Advisory Board.
The Saiiban Warning [Complementary Document, 167,342,801,571]
The%20Saiiban_zpsiwiwl2i9.png
We know painfully little about these aliens, except that it is clear they are isolationist, xenophobic, hostile, and incredibly technologically advanced. I motion that we formally advise CEO Hannakon to heed their warning and ensure all Estwani expeditions avoid the borders of the Saiiban Enclave, and further, that we establish a no-fly zone for at least a dozen light-years around them. If their military technology even closely resembles the advancement of their signal hijacking technologies, the VCM would not stand a fire's chance in a blizzard against them.
VC Stellar Charts, The Saiiban Buffer Zone xxx.2258 [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#168,110,005,891
Buffer%20Zone_zpsqymvxrvv.png

Internal Communique, Declassified [VC-Archives, Doc.#170,000,000,042]
Addressed: VCS-Engineering Chief Linntyl
Addressing: VCS Officer Monnobak
Date: 386.2259
Subject: Abandoned Shipyards
VCS Officer "Mad Monn" Monnobak, first captain of the science vessel Veltassa the Intrepid [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Mad%20Monn%20Monnobak_zps4vrt1kkf.png

As I have previously reported, there are several orbital installations in the Western frontier that bear a striking resemblance to defunct shipyards. At first I wasn't sure what to make of them, but I had a stroke of genius last night while dreaming. The greenhouse-like architecture, the solar collectors, the existence of two separate life support systems! These Shipyards are also nurseries for self-sustaining, organic vessels! A fantastic discovery!
I've made a trip to the VCS-Biology headquarters in Estwaa and requisitioned a multitude of Estwaanan fauna, whose DNA I will attempt to translate and feed into the shipyard's computer system, we are on the verge of a new breakthrough in ship-construction technology!
Automated Shipyards [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Automated%20Shipyard_zpsfygn3v14.png

Monnobak

Internal Communique, Declassified (3)
[VC-Archives, Doc.#171,599,128,719]
Addressed: VCS-Engineering Chief Linntyl
Addressing: VCS Officer Monnobak
Date: 164.2260
Subject: Abandoned Shipyards
Automated Shipyards Repaired [Complimentary Document, VC-Archives, Unosrted]
Shipyards%20Done_zps241lgmcw.png
It turns out I was completely wrong about the old shipyards in the Western Sector! Well, no, not completely wrong, they were shipyards, just not the kind I thought; they were the regular kind, sadly. After three failed attempts, I realized I was trying to shove plant-DNA sludge into the uplink for the drained central power storage. We fixed the uplink and plugged in the Veltassa, just to see what would happen, the station came online like nothing had ever been wrong! Unfortunately, while we were testing its abilities, the construction bay tore itself apart due to wear on the machine parts from years of disuse. We did get three ships out of it, though; I'm leaving them in orbit over Yobhanir for the VCM. While they come to pick up the new vessels, there's still another abandoned shipyard in the Western frontier, maybe that one will be more interesting!

Monnobak

Excerpt From "A History of the Vultec Corporate Armada" [VC-Archives, Unsorted]

...Admiral Karba had been the first Estwani to lead our people into interstellar battle, he had lead us through the war against the Ikaanans and pacified the frontiers for colonization and exploitation. Except for the battle at the Cyrstalloid Spawning Grounds in the Chohor system, he was never defeated. It seems only natural that the young Yndan sought to fill his shoes by finally doing the one thing he never had, and in the tenth Thirty-day of 2264, Yndan did.
Admiral Yndan Versus the Crystalloids [VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Admiral%20Yndan_zpsmfgabltm.png

Excerpt From CEO Hannakon's "The Good of All" Address-102-2265 [VC-Archives, Doc.#181,934,618,918]

As we enter into this brave new period of expansion and colonization, we must not forget to look inward and recognize the needs of even the most prosperous Estwani. Recent advances in medicine, threats that were never present on Estwaana, even the old and unconquered specters of poverty and crime make it clear that further, more extreme efforts are needed and - at last - within our grasp if we are to see to the needs of all the corporation's employees. With this in mind, the Executive Advisory Board and I have drafted a range of new policies and practices we are calling the 2265 Welfare Initiative. [...] These changes will not come cheaply, and some will say that it would be better to nurse the bottom line, to care for our economic prosperity instead and allow any individual employee to decide how best to spend their dividends; but I believe that this initiative is necessary to promote the good of all Estwani, on the core worlds, and in the colonies.
The 2265 Welfare Initiative [VC-Archives, Doc.#181,719,201,481]
Social%20Welfare_zpstn9v5atu.png

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#189,462,912,383]
Addressed: VCS-Biology Chief Thaloth, CEO Hannakon
Addressing: Governess Khebb
Date: 90.2272
Subject: Prepped for landing
The Settling of Tissilum III [VC-Archives, Doc.#189,492,610,091]
Keep%20it%20small_zpsetz3eyc8.png

We're fully prepped for landing on Tissilum Prime, an ideal location for the main settlement has been located, surrounded by valuable farmland that will allow us to keep our primary agricultural pursuits close to home. As per CEO Hannakon's instruction, several large, naturally cut off regions of the surface have been identified as prime locations for the reservations where the Tissilians will be guided and contained. This colony is, first and foremost, a subsidy of the Vultec Corporate Sciences division, and the expansion of the colony is being planned with that in mind - I've enclosed a document with those plans.
Landfall will take place over the next Ten-day.
Tissilum Colony Report for VCS-Biology [VC-Archives, Doc.#189,495,107,444]
Tissilums%20Reservations_zpsadthwzjg.png

Governess Khebb

VC-NEWS Broadcast-224.2277 [VC-Archives, Doc.#196,602,592,461]
Jusstkan Declares War [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#196,348,198,517]
Jusstkan%20Offensive_zpsy2yzjbn2.png

With his birthday today, Ambassador Bernalon puts another year onto his record as the oldest Estwani in recorded history; Ambassador Bernalon is 117. The VC-NEWS team would like to offer the corporate clan's most venerable elder a happy bir... Hold on... This just in, word has reached us via the Executive Advisory Board that our Southern neighbors on the inner arm, the Jusstkan League, have declared war on the Vultec Corporation. Non-military employees in the Southernmost regions of the corporation are being evacuated back to the inner worlds, this news is fresh, and we know very little, except that Executive Hannakon has gone into seclusion with a representative from the Advisory Board and the VCM command Chiefs; we'll know more as events unfold and be with you throughout the day.

Last edited:
Banner2_zpsjl7zkkbk.png
Excerpt From Executive Advisory Board Meeting-272.2277 [VC-Archives, Doc.#197,106,382,812]

Assistant Ambassador Lhaana: As per CEO Hannakon's direction, Ambassador Bernalon's office has seen to several diplomatic overtures with our neighbors and other, further-flung known governments. Especially, we were able to secure large monthly shipments of minerals from the Formicid Hive and their allies, the Rak'Thalak'Nak - both of whom are known rivals of the Jusstkan League - in exchange for cooperation and information-sharing from the Sciences division.
Formicid Empress Po'To I [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
The%20Enemy%20of%20my%20Enemy_zpsirxl80ia.png
Rak'Thalak'Nak Empress Klandrax I [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
And%20His%20Other%20Enemy_zpsme5dpwnu.png

High Governess Cognat: Good, word has also been distributed throughout the colony worlds of the higher percentage of minerals and energy credits which are to be shipped back to the core worlds for military production, the change represents a 50% increase in colony world contributions.

Mineral Resources Division Chief Tetran: It takes 4 Thirty-days to produce either an Inhibitor or Guardian model warship, and as they are only produced in parallel - 1-to-1 - the total cost for a pair is 545 units of minerals over 8 Thirty-days. Currently, with trade, colonial contributions, and core-world mining, we produce 219 units in a Thirty-day, for a total of 1752 units in 8 Thirty-days. Given as we have almost no surplus at this time, we can afford to operate 3 destroyer lines in parallel, leaving 14.625 units of minerals per Thirty-day unaccounted for.

VCM Logistics Chief Ralpakin: With the fleet deployed, the corporation still generates a sizable surplus energy income of 44 credits per Thirty-day. However, VC-Fleet 1 already touches the upper limit of the VCM's ability to maintain it, further ship production will require the diversion of civilian infrastructure into military support, which will undoubtedly cause the cost of fleet maintenance to balloon.

High Governess Cognat: An unfortunate consequence of our circumstances; the civilian economy will have to suffer for the war-effort. Chief Darmug, what do we know about the enemy's capabilities, may we have your assessment?

VCM Chief Darmug: Unfortunately, what information we have is not reassuring. The Jusstkan League is of similar size to Vultec in terms of colonized worlds; and while we are certain our own economy is more robust, our intelligence agents in the Diplomatic division believe that they are more technology advanced than us - though it is not known in what fields they excel. Even more troubling, the Jusstkans are a naturally militaristic people, and have devoted more of their infrastructure to military support than Vultec, it is believed that their fleet is larger than ours, as much as 75% again, if not double the size.

High Governess Cognat: Clearly, we must advise CEO Hannakon to spare no expense in the rapid expansion of the fleet. The Irriamun system, and our other holdings in the inner galactic arm, will be threatened first, and we must be ready to act in their defense before Estwani lives are lost by the billions.

VCM Chief Darmug: There is one other thing. Information on the composition of the Jusstkan navy is not forthcoming, but initial encounters with their scouting forces indicate that the Jusstkan doctrine focuses on the use of rocket-propelled explosive devices, missiles, torpedoes. The Guardian class warship carries a substantial battery of point defense ordnance, I believe this will give us a decisive edge in any fleet engagement with the Jusstkans.

Internal Communique, Declassified, Encrypted [VC-Archives, Doc.#198,391,381,546]
Addressed: VCM command High-Chief Kashnak
Addressing: VCM Admiral Falatir
Date: 373.2277
Subject: The Jusstkan Fleet
The Jusstkan Fleet [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#198,029,487,712]
Jusstkan%20Fleet_zpsigvcrtzv.png

VC Fleet 1 has retreated from the Irriamun system. The Jusstkan fleet arrived several days ago on the Southernmost reaches of the solar gravity well; even at a glance, it' was clear that we stood little chance against them in a direct confrontation. Unfortunately, this will leave Irriamun defenseless against invasion and bombardment, but the encounter has garnered valuable information.
We engaged for only a short before activating the emergency jump drives, we suffered no losses (though forward ships did take some structural damage) and we were able to perform some close-range scans and collect detailed schematics for their ships - some of which are 5 or 6 times the size of our own. I'm not fit to speak on the specifics of their FTL drive technology, but it's clearly quite different from our own. Their scanners are inferior to ours, but their thruster technology is superior. Their vanguard blasted some asteroids to clear the way for their other ships, revealing that their lasers pack more energy than ours - they do not, as we thought, have a rocket-centric weapons layout, though our point defense won't be totally starved for work.
I think the most important thing to note is that they have no deflectors, no shielding analogue - just light armor layered thickly. Our own shields excel at laser-weapon dispersion, and as we know, lasers cut armor like bread. I think we can still win this with superior ship design, we just need more ships, a lot more.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Admiral Falatir

VC-NEWS Broadcast-123.2278 [VC-Archives, Doc.#198,919,184,812]

Finally succumbing to a prolonged period of illness, CEO Hannakon died in the hospital last night at 11:30 ECT. Her 2 posthumous votes swayed the Executive Advisory Boards vote to elect a replacement in favor of the planetary governor Tissilum III, who will be sworn in as CEO Khebb later today.

Internal Communique (2) [VC-Archives, Doc.#203,591,089,197]
Addressed: CEO Khebb
Addressing: VCM command High-Chief Kashnak
Date: 257.2279
Subject: Swift Response [re]

I must advise caution, CEO Khebb, While the Jusstkan fleet has been unaccounted for, it has likely only grown in strength, and while we have increased our own fleet strength by nearly 50% again, the other chiefs and I cannot guarantee a decisive victory in space. We should continue to build up, and wait until the Jusstkan's fleet appears again before deciding on the best course of action.

Internal Communique (3) [VC-Archives, Doc.# 203,591,430,102]
Addressing: CEO Khebb
Date: 257.2279
Subject: Swift Response [re]

Perhaps I was not clear, High-Chief - while the Jusstkan occupation of Irriamun persists, Estwani die, thousands by the hour. This is untenable. You will order Admiral Falatir to destroy the blockading force over Irriamun and make way for our transports to retake the world, then hunt down and destroy the Jusstkan navy, this is my instruction as CEO. As you say, while their fleet remains unaccounted for, it likely only grows in strength - we should strike swiftly, operating as best we can on our most recent information; and Admiral Falatir has assured me that she could defeat the force that drove her out of Irriamun.

CEO Khebb

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#205,182,054,817]
Addressing: VCM Admiral Falatir
Date: 121.2280
Subject: Wani Battle Report
Admiral Falatir Engages the Jusstkan In Wani [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#205,992,210,898]
Jusstkan%20Fleet_zpsqatslw4q.png

The battle in Wani is over, several hours ago, the two Jusstkan battleships - all that remained of their fleet - activated emergency FTL and fled to Grokkan. Even as I write this report, I've ordered the fleet to pursue, we're fixing what we can, but proper repairs will have to wait until after we finish off the Jusstkans - CEO Khebb wants them destroyed, and my crews do too, we won't let them escape.
As near as we can tell, they must have flown East from Irriamun though the central galactic arm, then turned North and approached us through the State of Karuss's space. It's good that I was still in the system, they arrived just as we were prepping for the passage to Cordip.
I was right about our ship design giving us an edge over them - our lasers ravaged their armor, and our shields protected us from theirs. We lost about 12% of our ships.

Tomorrow's Sun, Today
Admiral Falatir

Internal Communique [VC-Archives, Doc.#209,914,609,821]
Addressed: CEO Khebb
Addressing: VCM command High-Chief Kashnak
Date: 33.2283
Subject: Counter-Offensive Invasions Report

Now that Irriamun has been liberated, our counter-offensive has begun in earnest. Admiral Falatir and his trusted captains have split the fleet and are flying through Jusstkan League systems, blockading and bombarding words. Our initial invasion force split in order to perform parallel invasions of Yoergen and Cernlanth in the Tyl system, but the defenders of Yoergen, even after being driven out of their bunkers, proved tenacious and destroyed the robot armies we deployed there. With half our ground forces gone, General Karba has decided to wait for reinforcements to be constructed and delivered from Weizirin before attempting a second assault.
In the meantime, our constructors are taking advantage of our presence in the Jusstkan system to build forward wormhole generators so that we can press further into their space.

Excerpt From CEO-Khebbs "Victory Over Zealotry" Address-349.2285
[VC-Archives, Doc.#213,091,834,913]
Humiliate%20the%20Jusstkan%20League_zps9zn6pubb.png

Today, president Murgaud ov'Dren of the Jusstkan league accepted our terms of surrender and admitted defeat to the Vultec Corporation, their war of violence and aggression is over. [...] This represents a great victory for the Estwani, a victory over hateful rhetoric, a victory over zealotry; it is an assurance that our system works, that the corporate government has the means and the will to protect its employees. [...] In the aftermath of the war, construction and survey vessels are being deployed to the former Jusstkan regions that were abandoned as part of their capitulation. We will fortify the region and establish a presence that will strengthen our economy and dissuade future aggression from other alien nations to the South.

Excerpt From the"Galactic Stock Exchange" Press Release-219.2287 [VC-Archives, Doc.#219,680,971,389]
Plans For the Estwaana Galactic Stock Exchange [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Unsorted]
Galactic%20Stock%20Exchange_zps7mjcwq9w.png

Governor Elhaar: CEO Khebb is pleased to announce plans to construct a new Galactic Stock Exchange on the capital world of Estwaana. The GSO is a collaboration of the VCS-Biology Department and the Economy and Trade Division. Once completed, it will provide a new, unified market for the exchange of goods and services across all corporate markets, on any world, colony or core; a substantial underground complex will also become the new headquarters for the Economy and Trade Division. Construction is set to commence on 230.2287, and should be completed in 12 Thirty-days.

Executive Advisory Board Recommendation-328.2290
[VC-Archives, Doc.#225,130,174,0134]
Chimm Diplomatic Extension #8 [VC-Archives, Doc.#225,014,989,231]
Seriously%20guys_zpsvpfp2acq.png

This is the 6th time in 2 years that the Chimm Coalition or the Elaaminid Confederacy has petitioned us to intervene in either's scheme of war on the other. Again, we strongly advise that the Vultec Corporation steers clear of such interventionist policy, so far away, when we have so little to gain; and further, the Advisory Board requests to be allowed to ignore such overtures from them in the future, as they waste valuable time both at this table, and your desk, CEO Khebb.

Excerpt From Executive Khebb's "Reaching Outwards" Address-112.2299 [VC-Archives, Doc.#237,108,741,706]
Khebb's First Expansion Effort [Complementary Document, VC-Archives, Doc.#237,0123,083,153]
Reaching%20Out_zpsswottl9t.png

In the last two decades, the Estwani have enjoyed a technological, economic, and cultural flowering. [...] We have looked inwards and improved ourselves; life on the colony worlds, and the core worlds, is better than ever; the Estwani live longer, safer, more prosperous lives. [...] Now, it is time to look without again. Recent advances in New Worlds technology have given us the wherewithal to colonize worlds that were once beyond our reach, where before we looked for worlds which reminded us of home, now we can bring some of our home to new worlds. Once again, we can look to new stars and new worlds, we can reach outwards and grasp at an even better future for our fellow employees and our clansmates. [...] The first wave of new colony ships have been constructed, and will be ready to embark by the first of the next year. May tomorrow's sun shine today.

Last edited:
This, my first AAR in these forums, cracked 1000 views this morning; thank you for reading and, may tomorrow's sun shine today.

Last edited:
Of course. Actually, the vacated Jusstkan League systems proved altogether unappealing for the Estwani, their world's were not conducive to Estwani life, and none of their resources were valuable enough to warrant the construction of a Frontier outpost, and the anteaters have now regained much of their lost space - the pruning of the Jusstkan's did give my own frontier region in the central galactic arm some space to flower and fill out its borders, though. Plus, I got to humiliate the Jusstkans and prove the superiority of my form of government, so its not all bad.

Before the Jusstkan War of Aggression - Lines show the retreat of the historical borders of the Jusstkan League after the war.
Before_zpsmfrtdaxp.png

After the Jusstkan War of Aggression - as you can see, they only actually lose 7 star systems here, but they do lose the economic power of 6 long-time colonized worlds, a crippling blow.
After_zps1ormf0or.png

Now - As I said, they've reclaimed much of their former space, the real victory for me was a 2-decades period of unfettered growth which allowed my disparate holdings to form into a more cohesive whole.
Now_zpsanrv2xzz.png

Of course, these days, the Jusstkans are at war with a with the Kingdom of Rak'Thak'Nax, who seek to expand their hegemonic dominion. During the War against the Jusstkans, I had good relations with the Rak,Thak,Nax (they and their allies the Formicids have been rivals with the Jusstkans for as long as I've known them), but that relationship degraded and fell apart after the war.
Much%20Bigger%20Problem_zpsntyhzuyt.png