• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what I was concerned of. I can see the appeal in some ways since a lot of WWII was driven by naval invasions and the AI isn't particularly good at them.
There were pretty much no significant naval invasions during Sickle Cut/Battle of France or on the Eastern Front. These are the only bits of WW2 Paradox ever cared about, hence why the AI is so bad at amphibious warfare.

Finally having got sick of being mocked about this (for three successive games and endless patches/DLCs) I understand Paradox have mostly abstracted naval invasions away in HOI4. I probably should play it at some point to see for myself, but I've honestly struggled to work up the enthusiasm.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There were pretty much no significant naval invasions during Sickle Cut/Battle of France or on the Eastern Front. These are the only bits of WW2 Paradox ever cared about, hence why the AI is so bad at amphibious warfare.

Finally having got sick of being mocked about this (for three successive games and endless patches/DLCs) I understand Paradox have mostly abstracted naval invasions away in HOI4. I probably should play it at some point to see for myself, but I've honestly struggled to work up the enthusiasm.
This. It's quite ridiculous that a multi-divisional landing can be planned and launched in mere weeks somehow, and supported by barely a submarine to maintain an "open" lane, regardless of the reality, to include no specialized vessels, doctrines, or any other support structure conducive to an amphibious assault.

Makes me sick.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd personally suggest reserving your enthusiasm for the important work of continuing to honestly struggle to work up the enthusiasm. It just seems a better use of one's talents.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice to see a more historical invasion of China. Does anyone know if this is event driven, or did BICE really find a way for Japan to invade Shanghai without falling apart in the north?
It is a bit more of an event. What happens is if the player is not playing the country being invaded, black ice will spawn a small amount of event troops into a port, and make the invader the new owner, which incentives it to reinforce the port with regular divisions, and it attacks from there.

• 3Like
Reactions:
That stuff always comes first. Take the time you need to. :)

Reactions: