• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
HoI4_TfV-Launcher.png

For King and Country, Paradox announces Together for Victory

First Expansion for Hearts of Iron IV has Commonwealth Focus

STOCKHOLM – 1 November 2016 – When the fires of war erupt and your nation is under siege from the greatest war machine the world has ever seen, it is good to know that you are standing shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters around the world. Together for Victory, the first expansion for Paradox Development Studio’s World War II game Hearts of Iron IV, shines a bright light on the British dominions and colonies that rallied around the flag in England’s darkest hour.

The centerpiece of Together for Victory is a set of new National Focus trees for five subjects of the British crown: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the British Raj in India. Make history with appropriate technology or alternate history paths, as well as new portraits, new leaders and new companies for the Dominions. Together for Victory is the first step in a process that Paradox hopes will tell the story of every nation in the great conflict.

Together for Victory will also include:
New Autonomy system has different levels of dependency and status for subject nations – puppets, Dominions and fully independent states
Continuous National Focus ideas will add new bonuses and improvements to your country as you take it through the crucible of war
Nations can request a Lend-Lease agreement from their allies and friends if they are in dire need of equipment and vehicles

And much more, including updates and changes to the combat system

Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory is coming soon to major digital retailers, including the Paradox store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
How modifiable will the autonomy system be? Will we be able to add additional levels between puppet and free states?

Reactions:
So hang on, "a fully independent state" is a type of subject nation?

Reactions:
HoI4_TfV-Launcher.png

Dominions and ...

Dominions? Dominions?
ICK :oops: ick and icky :oops:
I'm not so sure this is a WWII era phrase/word. Sounds more like a word from another game or two. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking vassal can't be that far off? :(:(:(:(

And now a little throw up just came into my mouth :eek:

Reactions:
Will owners of the field marshal edition get the dlc for free and the context pact, if there is one, or just the dlc

Reactions:
Sweet looks good. Though I'm most stoked for the new ai and bug fixes! Also looking forward for axis minors national focuses.

Reactions:
Dominions? Dominions?
I'm not so sure this is a WWII era phrase/word. Sounds more like a word from another game or two. :rolleyes:
Very common to use the word. I have heard it often in British made movie during WW II.

Reactions:
Looking forward to the coming DDs now. Especially the one about Raj/India, which I suppose is in the DLC? And the other features of the DLC and patch, of course.

Reactions:
How modifiable will the autonomy system be? Will we be able to add additional levels between puppet and free states?

Its quite moddable :)

How does it work for field marshal preorders? do i get sent a key?
I think it works automatically and gets added to your account if you have the expansion pass, but I am just a dev. @BjornB may know exactly how it works.

Will owners of the field marshal edition get the dlc for free and the content pack, if there is one, or just the dlc
The expansion contains all the content, so you will get it. There is no separate content pack (I'll be talking about how this works in a future diary)

Reactions:
The use of the word Dominion for Canada officially disappeared in 1982 with the passage of the Canada Act and the patriation of the canadian constitution. This same year the national holiday was renamed from Dominion Day to Canada Day.

Reactions:
Manchukuo?

Reactions:
Dominions? Dominions?

I'm thinking vassal can't be that far off? :(:(:(:(

And now a little throw up just came into my mouth :eek:
Dominion was the legal status of the Commonwealth nations until at least 1949, It took the passing of the individual incorporation acts, to remove the language from the respective dominions, ie the Australia Act, and the Canada Act. Further, there was even some debate over that, see what happened in Queensland where they refused to accept the Australia Act. . It was referred to as the British Dominions. The term is still with us, the Falklands for instance are called a Crown Dominion. Why reject the word that is valid and true?

Reactions:
Dominions? Dominions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion

"Dominions were semi-independent polities that were under the British Crown, constituting the British Empire, beginning with Canadian Confederation in 1867.[1][2] They included Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Newfoundland, South Africa, and the Irish Free State, and then from the late 1940s also India, Pakistan, and Ceylon (now Sri Lanka)."

I'm thinking vassal can't be that far off?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassal

"A vassal or feudatory[1] is a person regarded as having a mutual obligation to a lord or monarch, in the context of the feudal system in medieval Europe."

Reactions:
I'm assuming because of 'The Amazing Bob Semple Tank' thread there will be new unit models. If so, will they be included in this DLC or sold in a separate content pack-like DLC?
Included in the Expansion. I'm going to go over this in a future diary where we present them, but I guess I can do the short one now.
HOI4 relies on showing a lot of 2d (like equipment and leaders) and 3d art as well as focus trees to flesh out and give the correct feeling of those nations, so
1) We felt it would feel really wierd to separate it when we flesh out nations with focus trees, leaders etc
2) We want to keep down the amount of tiny DLC floating about and make things easier to understand from a customer standpoint ("wait, to get fully fleshed out Canda I would need more than one DLC whut?" and other sillyness).
Stellaris did this with Leviathans and we also feel its the right way to go to keep things feeling complete.
The above doesnt mean we wont do separate unit packs or the like ever, but when we flesh out nations and add focus trees we wont be splitting that up in separate packages.

Reactions:
UGH!
DAMN YOU MR. ALEX BRUNIUS!
You and your facts! So aggravating!
And then how it all ties into the DLC..........
Kinda perfect but hey I'm not lookin for perfektion damit!

When will I ever learn?

That's it I'm done with challenging any longer!
I surrender
I will forever be Paradox's (clears throat) vassal :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reactions:
The term is still with us, the Falklands for instance are called a Crown Dominion. Why reject the word that is valid and true?
For the sake of pendantry, the Falklands are actually classified as a British Overseas Territory. You might be thinking of the Crown Dependencies which are the Isle of Man, and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey.

It just sounds so ....... unrealistic .......... unimaginative .......... belongs to other well established games...... or NOT HOI worthy

Just my opinion
I respect it is just your opinion, but as far as fitting into the timescale goes, you are wrong. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa were all classified as British Dominions till 1953. Newfoundland, Ireland, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka were also labelled as such for a time.

Reactions: