• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-- Now, after this great expansion, it is time to choose a new chancellor. Alexander the Great wasn't really helpful, so I would like you, my humble members of Military Council to vote for your candidate (( And by that I mean on you, AAR fans )).
I hate to be a downer but has this vote been approved? I don't know how 'interactive' voting on a new character for the story is but I've seen AARs get locked down for soliciting votes without formal permission.

'Milldly Interactive' includes votes on very specific options or 'tell me what to play for my AAR' votes

This is true the term "vote" is used and makes it looks like interactive, but I see this as totally independent of the AAR... Pukovnik wrote "I want you, my humble members of Military Council to vote for your candidate" to stay in a nice RP-style, but he could have said "BTW, I have two options for the upcoming writing style... which one do you prefer?"

I have seen a lot of non-interactive AARs starting with "help me to chose which nation to play with", and a formal vote with 6-7 options... I don't see how this one would be more interactive that that.... unless a moderator proves me wrong... :p

I would like to thank SirkTheMonkey on this warning. I contacted forum moderator Avindian via private message, regarding this voting. So, until I get positive/negative response or further instructions from Avindian, I will pause with the next chapter.

This is hilarimusitasticarious. Keep up the good work, and when in doubt, conquer someone wearing a silly hat!
Thanks!

My voting was approved, Avindian said that I should end it in a week at most, so I am now closing the voting to prevent closing this AAR/have problems with moderation team. I planned to write a new chapter and close voting in one go, but unfortunately I didn't had enough free time to do it in due time, and I won't be able to do it until next week. So, just to be sure I'll close voting now.

Cheers.

If you've been permanently approved for voting in this thread you should make a note about it in the first post somewhere so I don't forget and ask about it again next time we get to influence things. Also update the chapter index while you're there. :p

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - OTTOMAN UNTERGANG (DOWNFALL)

23/08/1520
- Your majesty?
-- Yes? Wait, who are you? Who let you in?
- My name is Wolfgang Spiller, your majesty.
-- That should ring a bell..?
- I'm your new chancellor. Your Military Council unanimously appointed me as your new chancellor.
-- Oh yes, I remember now. Have a seat.
- Thank you, your majesty.
-- You see Wolfgang, it's nice to talk to someone about my job after all those years.
- You say you didn't had chancellor for years?
-- Yes, I tried to work single handed after I kil.. lost my last chancellor. But it becomes boring over the time, you know.
- I see. And what happened to my predecessor?
-- He was a lunatic, he killed himself, I swear.
- O-okay. Well, he saved you from blood on your hands, right?
-- What? What are you saying?
- I mean, If he was so lousy, you should killed him.
-- What kind of man are you, Spiller?
- Cold blooded, sir.
-- I like you, Spiller. Now tell me that you know what we should do and I might even respect you.
- You are von Habsburg, right?
-- Are you questioning my roots? How dare you!
- You got it wrong, your majesty. I just wanted to say, since you're from Habsburg dynasty, you should strengthen your relations with other Habsburg-ruling countries.
-- Good point. We will send gifts to my cousins, rulers of Austria and Spain.

7B66oZn.png

-- Do you have any more ideas or I should fire you?
- We could gather all of your political opponents on grand meeting to discus increases of their land and crown possessions.
-- What? Are you insane? I won't give them a meter of my lands!
- Exactly. We will close them in your barn and burn them all.
-- That's.. little bit radical Wolfgang, khm, umm, any other ideas?
- Oh sure. We can plunder and burn infidel villages of heretical beliefs, your majesty.
-- Umm.. any ideas on diplomatic plan, Spiller?
- You don't like my previous ideas, sir?
-- It's not I don't like them, it's just.. too radical for me, you know.
- Oh, I see. Umm, well, your majesty, isn't our Army Grand?
-- You bet it is.
- Our recent victory over the Ottomans granted us a Grand Army. This is officially confirmed by all military critics in Europe.

ioTypKO.png

-- Well that's great news. Do you have some more news or can I go to my deserved vacation?
- That would be all, your majesty.
-- Good. Now listen, Spiller. I will spend my vacation on sunny beaches of Tunisia, and I don't, I repeat don't want to be disturbed. You can disturb just in the case of a new war with the Ottomans, the rest of my jobs will be done by you and my Military Council. Now, bereitwillig.

02/05/1524
- Your majesty, is that you?
-- What is it Spiller, you don't recognize me naked, unshaved and covered with sand?
- Well, I can't, your majesty.
-- Anyway, what is it? Why are you here?
- Your majesty, as you said three.. no, four years ago, I can disturb your vacation only if we engage in war with Turkey.
-- Yes, and?
- You see your majesty, Turkey declared us war on 4th March of 1524.

X8pmtOd.png

-- Uhmm.. and today is?
- 2nd May, 1524.
-- What?! You waited TWO months to tell me this?!
- Actually no, your majesty. I arrived in Tunisia on 7th March, but no one actually knew where you are.
-- Oh.
- You forgot to tell me where you will be..
-- Sorry, Wolfgang.
- No problem, your majesty.
-- Anyway.. how's the war going?

X4ct2gQ.png

- First Turkish Armies arrived at our borders few days ago. They are gathering their troops and probably preparing to attack us near the fortress of Skoplje. Other news are that our faithful allies from Russia joined our cause in this war, and also your cousin from Austria, who guaranteed our independence, joined the war on our side..
-- Wait, wait. Austria guaranteed our independence? When?
- Have no clue, your majesty.
-- Okay, okay, we will continue this conversation when we arrive at my court. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go get dressed.

23/10/1524
-- Any news from the front?
- After few smaller victories over Turkish forces, I ordered to advance further, towards Constantinople. But unfortunately, our counter-offensive was stopped near Adrianople, and I had to give orders for retreat.

5aT3JU7.png

CWe3BND.png

- We succeeded to stop their attacks on our borders, and now this war is becoming a stalemate war.
-- Is Turkish Sultan willing to sign White Peace?
- Unfortunately not. Both of our Armies went defensive in last few months and I think Turkey will try once again to break our defense lines on our border.
-- God damn those stubborn Eastern war machine. How are doing are allies?
- Our Russian allies did not had any conflicts with Turkey. They do not share a common border, and after all, there's a great rebellion going on in Russia. On the other hand, our northern protector, Austria, is putting up a fair fight against the Ottomans. Unfortunately, their war with the Ottomans is same as ours, in the range of Austro-Turkish border.

r7v9fgd.jpg

-- Try to keep our borders safe until next autumn. Then, we will strike again. If we fail in new counter-offensive, we will try to settle with white peace.
- Ten-four, your majesty!

08/10/1525
- Your majesty.
-- Yes, Spiller?
- I have news from the front.
-- What is it?
- We have managed to defend our borders in past year with minimal losses. I believe our Army is ready for one, final push towards low-morale and tired forces of Ottoman Empire.
-- Strike!

kVtxCI9.jpg

21/11/1525
- Your majesty, I have bad news.
-- My cat died?
- No, your majesty. I have horrifying news.
-- What, my adorable little tiger Rex died?!
- No, your majesty. Our autumn offensive. It was disastrous.
-- Oh, that. Well.. was it really, really disastrous?
- Kind of. 80,000 of your best man died. To make things worst, great Sunni rebellion started in Africa.

fQxBVQZ.png

d2CjxpL.png

- Unfortunately, I was forced to gave orders for retreat.
-- Okay, I'm getting worried now.

57dppys.png

- Finally!
-- What?
- Oh, nothing, I said, nice weather today.
-- Oh yes, isn't it great? Uhm.. where was I?
- You were worried, sir.
-- Why? I didn't fed my dog this morning?
- No sir, the war. Retreat, and all that.
-- Oh, right. Well, is really all lost?
- Army, manpower, resources, money. But Ottomans are offering white peace.

wxcZsja.png

-- What? And you are telling me that now, when I'm worried?!
- I am sorry, your majesty. I thought..
-- You thought?! You thought?! Look at me now, I'm now so worried. How do you think I'll play badminton today? How?
- I am terribly sorry. You piece of sh*t.
-- What was that?
- I said you should.. get a peace.. of sheet, you know, to have somewhere to sit while resting after badminton.
-- Ohh, yes, well ofcourse. Now. Accept that white peace, raise more troops in next five years. When the truce expires, we will strike.
- Yes, your majesty.

17/05/1531
- Your majesty. As you ordered, our brand new three Homeland Armies were raised. Soldiers are trained, generals are awating for your orders.
-- Before we do that.. don't you think it's time to move our capital back to the Homeland?
- Well, since the great threat of Ottoman Annexation is gone, our Empire is gaining new lands over the years, it would be good to bring our capital back to the Homeland.
-- I thought about this for a long time. And I have chosen. Our new capital will be Dubrovnik, as the economical and population center of Adriatic Sea.
- A fine choice, your majesty.

T7Amsss.jpg

-- Now, about the war. I have informations that Turkish are fighting with their eastern neighbor, Jalayirids. Order our generals to start the offensive. We need to capture Constantinople until January 1532. Anything later will make our war a disaster.
- Yes, sir.

JCn8xJG.png

05/11/1531
- Your majesty, great news!
-- Constantinople fell?
- Not yet, but it soon will! Open your finest champagne, our troops reached the outskirts of Constantinople.

aPFuJDi.png

-- You made my day, Spiller!
- Soon Constantinople will fall. Our troops, as we speak are crossing Dunabe river and attacking Turkish forts in Romania. Just hope for the good morale of our soldiers, and we might occupy all Turkish possessions in Europe before their armies even reach Dardanelli crossing.

What do you think the difference was that switched you from barely hold a defensive line in the first war to convincingly ripping through the Balkans in the second? Was it just the new armies or were there other factors like your positioning or the Turkish armies fighting the Jalayirids? Nice work with the new first post.

must say that ottoman european borders look quite neat. almost pretty.
Well.. not for long. Soon, there'll be just nice Ottoman borders, if you know what I mean :p

What do you think the difference was that switched you from barely hold a defensive line in the first war to convincingly ripping through the Balkans in the second? Was it just the new armies or were there other factors like your positioning or the Turkish armies fighting the Jalayirids? Nice work with the new first post.
I believe that the decisive turning point of second war with the Turks is that they were fighting deeply in Jalayirids territories, they marched all the way to nowdays Iraqi state. I had just enough time to reach Constantinople before they signed a WP with Jalayirids and marched back to Dardanelli.

CHAPTER NINETEEN - ENOS MEDIA BEFORE IT WAS COOL

29/12/1531
- Your majesty, it's time for a quick news report from the battlefront.
-- Can it wait, Spiller? I have some obligations to do.
- Sir, I think you would want to hear this.
-- What is more important from going on a hunt after wild orange-pink 800 kg bears?
- Orange-pink bears exist?
-- Sure they do! They just haven't been seen.. yet.
- So, they don't exist?
-- Spiller, do you believe in God?
- Of course I do, your majesty.
-- And have you seen him?
- Uhm.. mm, no.
-- So there is no God because you haven't seen him?
- Of course not, your majesty. That's blasphemy going from your mouth!
-- Well I am now officially proclaiming bearsphlemy! No man on this court shall ever question the existence of orange-pink two-horn bears!
- They have horns too?
-- Yes, and if anyone denies these facts, he will be stoned till death!
- Khm, I think we haven't heard of cannabis yet.
-- Stoned, Spiller, stoned, with stones. Army recruits will throw stones at the heretic!
- Ohh, yes, of course, your majesty.
-- About that report.. you wanted to tell me something?

90JUtcu.png

jTgOYkk.png

vIKQPa9.png

- Turkey sent us 21st offer of white peace since the war started, Jalayirids signed white peace with Turkey, and our informants found out that every single Turkish soldier is now marching towards Constantinople.. oh and yes, we have gained the control of Constantinople.
-- Well, since the deadline for that goal was 31st December, I can say you were lucky. It would be either the Constantinople, our you falling. Anything else?
- Nothing specifically. Two of our armies are occupying Romania, while our best and most experienced armies are defending the shores of Europe in Gallipoli and Constantinople.
-- And why aren't they attacking Asia Minor?
- Turkish fleet is blocking any try of our further cross over the Bosphorus.
-- And what's our fleet waiting?
- We can't beat Turkish Fleet, your majesty.
-- And how is that?
- Currently, they own the second best fleet on the World.
-- Any why I'm not informed about this before?
- We didn't had that information.
-- You're useless. Send some of our informants to check how strong and numerous the Turkish Army is. Now go, I need to finish my preparations before going after those orange-pink two-horned bears.

mdX6122.png

01/10/1532
- Your majesty.
-- Your uselessy.
- Your majesty?
-- Your uselessy?
- Sir, I have some news.
-- And what are you waiting, your magnificent uselessy?
- Well, you know you ordered me to send our best informants to find out precise info about Turkish army?
-- Yes.
- They failed. They were sent home in pieces.
-- Then they weren't so good.. right?
- Well, actually they were. Also, our Russian allies signed white peace with Turkey.

ROqCvDR.png

-- I thought so, after all, Russian Tsar is on skiing in Finland. Anything else?
- Yes. Turkey attacked our defenses in Constantinople. Obviously, they underestimated us. After inflicting serious losses to Selim's Army, he ordered retreat and is now probably waiting for more backup from Eastern Turkey.

d3cm9kt.png

BI4tY5l.png

- Also, serious revolts occurred all over the country. It would be highly recomendable to end this war as soon as possible.
-- You know my ambitions are high, and I'm sure I won't settle this war before gaining Bulgaria and rest of European Greece, and few pesky rebels won't stop me.

KvUMeUw.png
fQxBVQZ.png

28/03/1534

B77ViBl.png

- Your majesty, I bring good news. 62,000 Turkish soldiers attacked us in Constantinople.
-- And how is that good?
- The battle raged for 21 days. Despite we had some serious losses, we managed to gain the greatest victory in this war.

XoOPmJE.png

-- Well that was an impressive battle. How's the occupation of Romania going?
- Good. Almost all Turkish forts fell to our experienced and patient armies. Also, many European great powers saw an opportunity in this war.
-- What, did they attacked us?
- No, even contrary. Austria, Spain, Poland and Lithunia declared war on the Ottomans.
-- Enemy of my enemy.. is my friend, right Spiller?
- Right, your majesty. More good news. We managed to seize full control of few turkish-controlled provinces in the Balkans. The people of Vlasia, Lodogoria, Rodopi, Thraki, Maritsa and Chalkidiki joined our Empire by their own will.

oJPxkqn.png
Pgwk5sg.png

23/03/1535
- Last Turkish fortress in Europe fell to our hands today. Although Sultan Selim was'nt willing to give up Bulgaria, now, after total collapse of his Empire, he is willing to give us everything we want.
-- Wait a minute. Is this a monologue? Why didn't you took Constantinople?
- This is certanly not monologue, your majesty. We couldn't take Constantinople because that's Turkish capital.
-- So what?
- We can't take capitals just like that.
-- Why?
- I blame the Swedish. You know, that International Committee of Unlogical Affairs from Sweden is giving us a great pain. Oh and yes, I blame the French. Everyone does.

bBAzvm4.png

30/06/1536
- Tsar Aleksandar I von Habsburg of Serbia died. Naturally. Really, I mean it. He died from an hart infarct. Or maybe the French killed him. Or maybe those orange-pink two-horned bears killed him when he saw them. Who knows?

a0538tk.jpg

Very nice. Next goal, backstabbing Habsburgs? Or maybe take/vassalize Moldavia. There can be only one Slavic kingdom on the Balkans, or otherwise it won't end up well. :p

Any chances of going for Americas?

I blame the Swedish. You know, that International Committee of Unlogical Affairs from Sweden is giving us a great pain. Oh and yes, I blame the French. Everyone does.
:rofl:

---
Serbia has developped well under that Habsburgian Tsar. Hats off before him (and before the Grey Eminence in the background too ;))!

Yours kindly,
AdL

Conquer Austria and the rest of Italy. Take control of more of North Africa. And begin colonisation of the Americas. It's time for Serbia to become a true world power!

Very nice work. Serbia is undoubtedly the Tsar of the Balkans. I suppose the big question now is what next? Do you plan to beat the Turks up until they give up Constantinople (remember, they need a tonne of cash to pay for the capital move)? Perhaps turn the Mediterranean into your own personal lake? Perhaps push up to the Baltic and make an Eastern European superstate?

Very nice work. Serbia is undoubtedly the Tsar of the Balkans. I suppose the big question now is what next? Do you plan to beat the Turks up until they give up Constantinople (remember, they need a tonne of cash to pay for the capital move)? Perhaps turn the Mediterranean into your own personal lake? Perhaps push up to the Baltic and make an Eastern European superstate?

I keep saying to him that he should recreate Eastern Roman Empire borders..He says it wouldn't be cool then because he would 'betray' the 'to west we shall sail' title..But in my opinion, it would be so great to see Serbia with Byzantine borders..Like a successor

Turkey, Austria and Russia as neighbors... that slows down potential expansion...

possibly:
1- Moldavia, and from here (thanks to Russian alliance) Lithuania, possibly allowing for a Russia-Austria connection
2- Connect the Serbian Africa to Constantinople, taking down the Turks as often as you can
3- To the west you should sail!

To the WEST! The island of Manhattan needs to be renamed Novi Kruševac or something as ridiculous. :)