• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This faithful and loyal citizen is pleased by the transparency of the current government, amused that the Pope gave you a formal warning, and alarmed and bemused by your massive minting situation. You did a nice job in holding back the Turk and keeping him occupied while the Russians rampaged through the Crimea.
The Tsar himself told me that he is surely thankful for your kind and realistic comments. His majesty is also pleased with the last war, and is currently hoping for another, greater success in future.

@OT: I would just like to announce that new chapters will be written every seven days, preferably during the weekends.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN - DISTANT COUSIN

27/10/1508
- Your majesty, I have tragical news. Your only close relative, your son has died this morning. Our medicus tried to save him, but he couldn't be saved. Nation is mourning, my lord.

31IbrG5.png

-- Dear Lord! Oh, heavens! Am I cursed? Will our dynasty be extinguished?! Have mercy, dear Lord!
- I am terribly sorry about your loss. Only known relative is your late grandaughter's son, Aleksandar. But he is from the dynasty of von Habsburgs.
-- German?! To rule the Slavic land?!
- He has roots with Serbs and you, your majesty.
-- But he is thought differently! He will not rule this Empire as long as I'm alive!
- That's.. true.
-- I'm glad you're agreeing with me, Arovski.
- Umm.. not re.. nevermind. Your majesty, not all is lost, after all, you are still alive, right.
-- Indeed, chancellor, indeed. But I lost my only son, I need to be.. alone.
- Ofcourse your majesty. I will come later to discuss Diplomatical Affairs.

12/12/1508
- Your majesty, I couldn't reach you in months. Your doctors are very concerned about your psihological condition.
-- Curse them! They think I'm crazy! All of this is a conspiracy, you all want to murder me!
- Your majesty, calm down. No one wants to kill you. We are here to help..
-- I don't trust anyone anymore, Arovski. Not even you.
- I am sorry to hear that, my lord. But, with trust or not, we need to work, if you find yourself capable of working, and by working I mean ruling.
-- There it is! You want to claim I'm incapable so you can take the throne! Never!
- Your majesty, please. We know eachother for decades.
-- That is true. Now, lets work. Bring me that map.
- This one?
-- Yes. Look, what kind of border is this?! It looks like a banana, not a border! It's curved.
- Sir, I'm sorry you don't like the border, but we can't change it without war.
-- Yes we can. Annex Albania, I don't need vassals. The border is awful in the south.
- O..kay, my lord. But it will get us some infamy.

V4udCjV.png

- I don't care, just do it. It needs to be straight. Now, sell the province of Badin to the Turks.
- To do what?
-- Your heard me well! Sell it.
- I am sorry my lord, but I can not obey this order. It's a treason.
-- You won't obey my orders?! Guards! Guards! Hang this man!
- My lord, you are insane. My lord!
-- Who's not obeying now, hah?! Who?! I don't need a chancellor to guide me, I can rule on my own! Buahahaha!

nHX6pyI.png

Ne5mDDQ.png

-- Look how beautiful the border is! Arh, I can die now in peace because of this beauty.
-- Brrrh. It's cold now. Let me just get my coat which is hanging from the window.. Uh, oh, it's slippery here.. uh, ahh!

DYUUm3o.png

22/11/1509
After the death of Tsar Milan I, nicknamed by the people 'Milan I the Insane', various nobles wanted to take over the throne of Serbia. Milan, having no heir, caused dynastic rebellions trough the Empire. The new Tsar had weak claim on the throne of Serbia, but was the only one with enough education and blue-blood roots among the pretendents of the throne. Army needed almost a year to settle down all of the nobles and rebels, and finally, in the late November of 1509 it was safe enough for the new Tsar to come to his new country from Austrian court. Having no chancellor in Serbia, he brought with him his advisor, mister von Meldetson. Meldetson knew Serbian very well, and was the main Tsar's teacher of the language.

aovOu69.png

- Here we are, your majesty. We finally arrived at your new Palace.
-- Es ist schön, Meldetson.
- No, no, your majesty. I learned you to speak Serbian, use it.
-- Ahh, yes, yes. I want the best glassen of winen, advisor! And then hop, hop, lets arbeiten!
- As you wish, your majesty. Firstly, your claim on the Throne is weak. We can increase your claim by arranging Royal Marriages with other Great Powers of Europe.
-- Ja, ja. Do it.

1Ajkhkc.png

-- Meldetson, I heard that Serbia held Northern Greece 150 years ago, is that... uh.. wahr?
- It is, my lord. The word is true.
-- Ah, it's difficult to learn new stuff.. But I will get.. umm.. used to it. Why don't we attack the Turks and connect our gebiete from the Peloponese with mainland?
- It's not that easy, your majesty. Turkey has a strong army, but we are currently stronger. We shall wait for the right moment to attack.
-- And that.. right momenten is?
- When they are at war with some other Great Power. Maybe in future.
-- Ahh, I sehen.
- On the other hand, we can gain some land in the so-called New World. Some guy discovered some new lands 20 years ago, and he didn't even knew he discovered new lands! And, since we progressed in our Governmental Technology, we can aquire the idea of exploring the new lands.

VXH6Tpv.png

-- Ja, ja. Do it. Enough for heute, my dear freund. We will continue some other time.
- As you wish, your majesty.

Those cheeky Hapsburgs get everywhere. Has the New World actually been discovered by someone?

Those cheeky Hapsburgs get everywhere. Has the New World actually been discovered by someone?
Yes, French and Spanish already gained footholds in the Americas. Actually I'm glad about the current dynastic situation, I can now increase my relations with Austria, Spain and other Habsburg countries. My plan is to make an alliance with Spain for colonial co-operation and fight with the French and English, and Austria as backup on European fronts, alongside Russia.

Most countries and their AARs become really dull after they hit a certain level of success and power.

I'm glad to say that yours is very unique.
Thanks. I'm now in that period, but I'm trying to make situation interesting by boosting some neighboring countries and rivals, hope it'll come up as I planned.

Greetings!

Sorry guys for letting this AAR die. I've been forced to be absent, my monitor was broken, and I couldn't play EU3 for a while. Now, everything is repaired, I've brought my 'reanimation' machine for this AAR, and I hope I'll get this AAR alive again during this weekend.

It's only been a month or so. I've seen AARs resurrected after longer periods of time. It's a shame to hear that you had such major computer issues but it's great that it's over now and you're back.

Greetings!

Sorry guys for letting this AAR die. I've been forced to be absent, my monitor was broken, and I couldn't play EU3 for a while. Now, everything is repaired, I've brought my 'reanimation' machine for this AAR, and I hope I'll get this AAR alive again during this weekend.

Great to hear, looking forward to seeing this return.

Yes, great to see Serbia return again. The Serbia in my AAR is inspired by this AAR and wants to be such a large Serbia too ;) .

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - COLONIAL PLANS

15/10/1510
- Good morning, your majesty.
-- Good morning Meldetson. It is a fine day, is it?
- A thrilling day indeed, your majesty.
-- What news do you bring to me?
- Few days ago group of our adventurers came to my office and presented me a plan. They begged me to promise I'll speak about their plan with you, your majesty.
-- Adventurers? All right, lets hear it.
- As you remember, we encountered a new idea called 'Quest for the new World' a year ago. They have a plan to establish Serbian Colony in Africa, as the 'jumping' point for our further exploring of new lands in the West.
-- Ja? So what are they waiting for? Of course I will support them.
- Well, your majesty, they need money, small army and ship(s) for this operation.
-- And ships and money they will get! Raise our sails, we're going westwards!

0uD9O7o.png

17/12/1510
- Your majesty, our exploring expedition has arrived on the shores of Western Africa. They managed to form Serbian colony in the province that local tribes call Arguin. Now, the expedition under the command of Miloš Bojović is awaiting your bless to start a new trip toward new lands of Americas.
-- Gut.. I mean good, good. Give them one of our ships from the fleet, may God help them.
- As you wish, my lord. I will report news to you as soon as I get them. And, if I may add, you have improved your Serbian to a high level.
-- What can I say, Meldetson, I'm a fast learner. Now excuse, I have some hedonistic things to do. Off you go.

2/7/1512
- My lord, I bring news.
-- About?
- About our expedition to America.
-- What expedition?
- The one you approved and financed two years ago.
-- Let me think.. oh yes, yes. I remember now. Speak up.
- Well, our ship Travunia managed to get on the east shores of American continent.
-- Thrilling!

ctjeWHh.png

- But unfortunately, wild native savages attacked our ship, robbed it and sunk it. Our crew is missing already for 6 months, but word has reached me from France that some French colonists saved few of our crew members, and they are now coming home.
-- A big loss. I had to take a debt to finance that expedition. And we have no results. Scheiße.
- Actually, we have results. Days before our ship went missing, captain Bojović sent a map and diary trough some Italian merchants back home. I have the map right here.
-- You do have the map?
- Yes, my lord.
-- What are you waiting for, an ice cream? Refreshing drink? Show the damn map!
- Of course my lord, my apologies. Are you ready to see it?
-- Yes!
- Are you sure?
-- Meldetson, are you sure you want to live?
- Okay, okay, don't be mad my lord. Here is it.

dLVeX0j.png

-- Well.. uhmm.. interesting.
- Indeed, my lord.
-- Is it just me, or..
- My lord?
-- What does this look like to you?
- Looks like it's the map, my lord.
-- You don't say?! I thought.. about this.. discovered seas..
- Oh, well it is kind of funny. It looks like an arrow, or a pointer.
-- It looks like.. uhm.. yes, a pointer. Good Meldetson. Lets move on now.
- Yes, my lord. One more thing. From this point, for two years we can raise an army numbering 140,000 soldiers. If we start now, we could expand to the south parts of Ottoman Empire, maybe even the whole Greece.
-- An excellent idea. Start raising new troops, and I will work on our war planes against Turkey with my Military Council.

16/5/1516
- My lord, I can proudly announce that we managed to raise an army consisting of 140,000 troops.
-- Meldetson, my dear councilor..
- Yes, your majesty?
-- You said two years will be needed for raising that army.
- I am horribly sorry my lord, but we had many problems. Our manpower wasn't high enough, we had problems with money and weapons, but we finally managed to finish this project.
-- All right, all right. Now, what do our informants say about Turkish army?
- Currently, Turkey has 88,000 soldiers. Their Army is exhausted from recent wars against Poland and Jalayirids. We are currently fielding 110,000 soldiers on the border with Turkey, divided into seven Homeland Armies. We will probably win this war if we wage it properly. Nonetheless, we have our reserve Armies in Italy and Africa, consisting of 30,000 soldiers.
-- Nice report Meldetson, I must confess. Now send the word of a war to Turkey, and order our Armies to attack. Soon, our Greek brothers will be liberated, and we will get more lands. May the luck be on our side.

zpsIioq.png

Just hope for Meltitsoon that he doesn't have to face Makmut the Serb-slayer (or whatever the current Sultan is named)

The mighty Serbia returns. I hope that your Turkish campaign has better luck than your American expedition.

Just hope for Meltitsoon that he doesn't have to face Makmut the Serb-slayer (or whatever the current Sultan is named)
Well he didn't faced the Sultan, but he unfortunately faced Tsar Aleksandar.

glad your back.
time to get some payback with turkey have fun
Thanks. Yap, time for payback!

The mighty Serbia returns. I hope that your Turkish campaign has better luck than your American expedition.
Thanks. I had luck with Turkey in this war, I must confess.

Also, I would like to invite everyone to read our AARlander Magazine.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - EASTERN CAMPAIGN

20/05/1516
- Our final preparations are now done. We are ready to attack Ottomans whenever you are ready, my lord.
-- I never thought I'll go to war, Meldetson.
- You can gain more money and lands for your hedonistic 'things' and other stuff my lord.
-- The hell with cowardice then! What is our plan, Meldetson?
- I named it "Meldetson's Genius-so smart Plan", my lord.
-- I didn't asked you about the name of the plan.. but when you mentioned it, don't you think it's too egoistic?
- Maybe you are right. But trust me, when you hear my plan you will understand why I named it like this!
-- Okay. Lets hear it.
- My plan is very simple. We will gather all our troops in Niš. Then, we will go trough Bulgaria, plunder, rob and burn, and then we will conquer Constantinople and you will rule the lands from the far Caucausus mountains to the rivers of Sava and Dunabe! Oh and yes, we need to go to Adrianople, there's a local fair starting for few days, with clowns and everything! And you know how much I love those clowns!
-- Meldetson..?
- Yes my lord?
-- Can you please open the window? It's really hot in here.
- Ofcourse, my lord, there you go.
-- Now, climb on it.
- My lord?
-- Just climb on it.
- Okay, my lord. I climbed on it. Do you want me to wash your windows, sir?
-- GUAARDS!! MY CHANCELLOR WANTS TO JUMP FROM THE WINDOW!!!
- My lord, this isn't funny, I really don't want to jump from this window. Yes, I love adventures and dangerous things, but this is 6th floo..
-- NOOO! HE JUMPED!! *a wild chancellor appears lying on the land in Tsar's backyard**
-- What a shame.. now lets move on.
-- No one here? Oh right, I don't have an chancellor anymore.. nevermind, lets pretend this sculpture is my chancellor. Alright there, Alexander the Great? You're fine? Great.
-- Now, the plan. While will our 1st, 3rd and 6th Homeland Army, together with our reserve Sardinian Army penetrate trough Greece and conquer as much forts and lands possible, our 2nd, 5th and 7th Homeland Army will stay on Serbo-Turkish border and prevent any further attacks from Turkish forces. Since Turkey was at war with Jalayirids few months ago, we still hope the most of their army is located in Asia Minor. For the time their Asian Armies come to Europe, we must conquer Greece. After that, we will station all of our armies in the provinces of Macedonia and Ohrid. After defeating Turkish joint forces from Europe and Asia, we will continue our conquest further into the heart of the Ottoman Empire. The main goal is to gain as much land possible in Greece, and eventually Bulgaria.

JGwtmHQ.png

07/07/1516
-- Meldetson! Meldetson!
-- Oh, right.. I pushed him from the w.. he committed a suicide, yes, terrible, terriblee. Now, about the war. Our Greece Campaign Forces are marching into Greece really fast. The town of Salonika already fell, and our armies continue their way to Athens and Peleponese. While our campaign in Greece is showing great success, on the other hand, by the words of our informants, there are now significant Turkish Armies in our surroundings yet, but members of my Military Council are convinced that all of Turkish Army will show up on our borders in, maximum three months.

ho8yIWV.png

17/01/1517
-- I might lose my mind talking to the sculpture of Alexander the Great in front of me, but better that than having an adviser as Meldetson is.. was.
-- About the war. Our Greece Campaign Forces gained a great victories in past six months. My Military Council reported to me today that our 6th Homeland Army reached outskirts of Athene yesterday. It is a great news, but I've been disappointed when I found out that the rumors were confirmed by the patrol of our 5th Homeland Army in Macedonia. They reported a huge Turkish army going from direction of East. That wouldn't be a great problem in our starting position in this war. But, before this happened, Turkish Army numbering 15,000 troops attacked our defend stances in Macedonia. We won, but our upper border, near Niš and Kruševac was widely opened, and that was the time they surrounded us. I gave orders to our Greece Campaign Armies to come back as quickly as possible, before we lose our dominant position in this war.

RASQ0jK.jpg

-- More news came to me few hours ago. My distant cousin, Queen Anna von Habsburg of Spain sent me the first package of financial aid for this war. I'm thrilled by this, but nothing will save my Empire if I don't play my cards right.

sCFbOCv.png

-- Also, more news came from the frontline today. Amassing Turkish Armies attacked our joint Defense Homeland Army. Although Turkish Army numbered 55,000 troops, we had a good counter-offensive advantage on the start of the battle. Later, our lines shattered and I had to order a retreat, waiting for a better chance to encounter Turkish forces when the rest of my Army come to Macedonia from Southern Greece.

73v7Hof.png

21/04/1518

-- Our backup from Greece arrived to Ohrid three months after defeat in the battle of Skopje. Together with my Military Council, I, the almighty Tsar of Serbian Empire, and no I'm not just bragging, defeated the whole Turkish Army with few simple encirclements and trick battles. After serial victories in the Battle's of Skopje, Niš, Salonica and Kruševac, the final remains of Turkish Army retreated to Constantinople. Now the 'road' is clear and we are ready to take want we want.

qYgD752.png

5WOqqJm.png

rfDtjja.png

25/01/1519

-- I feel like I'm talking to myself for years so far.. but, that's not true, right Alexander the Stone? Yeah, that's the spirit. Oh Jeez. I should definitely get new chancellor.
Anyway, my armies continued their conquest of Southern Greece. After having occupied some provinces for more than a few years, our cores let us annex them without signing peace treaty.

upo7MZq.png

-- And finally, our troops managed to conquer all Turkish forts in Greece.

2VsKPyQ.png

-- And finally, after 4 years of war, Sultan of Ottoman Empire humbly accepted our terms for peace agreement.

wGLiScz.png

-- Now, after this great expansion, it is time to choose a new chancellor. Alexander the Great wasn't really helpful, so I would like you, my humble members of Military Council to vote for your candidate (( And by that I mean on you, AAR fans )).

g099mza.png