• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CHAPTER ELEVEN - LETS BE HABSBURGS

King's Royal Palace, New Rascia - 1st October 1447
- Good morning, my lor.. oh God!
-- What?
- Why are you wearing that on your head?
-- Why not? It's a really nice hat.
- Sir, that's not hat.
-- Nonsense! I bought it today in one of our stores in town.
- Sir, that's underwear.
-- Underwear?
- Yes, underwear.
-- Well.. It's comfortable. I like it.
- With all due respect your majesty, you look ridicilous.
-- Did you dared to call me.. ridicilous?!
- With all due respect.
-- Oh, then it's fine. Look chancellor, I like it, I'll wear it.
- Just please don't wear it in public, my lord.
-- Why not? I was in the theater last night, wearing this hat. Everyone complimented me!
- Sir.. just.. khm. I will ignore it. Your majesty, we have some stuff to do now. Can you put your.. hat off?
-- Ah, alright chancellor. What stuff?
- Now it's better. You see, remember our neighboor, Bosnia?
-- Ofcourse! Our beloved, peaceful neighboors!
- They have weak throne. We can send our spies to claim it.
-- As a true friends of Bosnia, we definetely should do that.

MaVRkjY.png

-- Off to war!

HhiAq8g.png

- Croatia saw an opportunity to take piece of Bosnia while we are at war with them.
-- Too late! Our armies are already occupying all Bosnian cities!

c2QhdOY.png

Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia - 30th August 1449
-- My lord, all Bosnian cities surrendered. Our army caught their ruler, he abdicated immediately, and fled to Hungary.
- Those lands are ment to be ruled by me, Reportović. God has spoken!

NPfT7Ju.png

nEm8ijO.png

King's Royal Palace, New Rascia - 4th November 1454
-- Come in Reportović, come in. Sit. Any news?
- Just few, my lord. Nothing interesting is happening in the world..
-- Well, those few news?
- You see, some time ago, the Kingdom of Two Sicilies has been formed. To make long story short, they are now at war with Aragon, Castille and Hungary, and they don't have legitimate heir. And we have Royal Marriage with them. And they have no allies.
-- And what is there for me?
- You can claim their throne.
-- Really?
- Really.
-- Just like that?
- Just like that, your majesty.
-- Well, claim it then!
- Yes, my lord. But, we can't attack from the sea, since our fleet is too small - we need Military Access trough The Papal States.
-- Ask the Pope.
- Sir, you want that our Orthodox country asks the Head of Catholic World to enter their territory so we can invade other Catholic country?
-- Yap. Say to the Pope we'll give him the province of Abruzzi.

IuzPVQl.png

Papal-Sicilian border, 16th July 1455
- As you can see, my lord, Pope said yes.
-- Told ya.

SNj2Wo2.png

-- Did our armies finally gathered?
- Yes. 20,000 soldiers from the Homeland, and another 10,000 from Sardinia.
-- What our spies say about their army?
- They have no army. Spainards destroyed their army, completely.
-- Never thought Spainards will help Serbia in any way.
- Miracles happen, my lord. Will we march?
-- Damn we will! Onward!

fqoSaR0.png

Somewhere on Sicilian beach - 27th March 1457
-- Ah, Reportović! Come! Isn't it beautiful?
- Yes it is, my lord.
-- Soon, all of it will be mine. Soon.
- I'm sure it will, my lord.
-- How sure are you?
- One hundred percent. I can prove it.
-- Then prove it.
- Our armies are now in full control of both Sicilies. We are sieging every Sicilian town.

sw3tZjb.png

-- Very well. Any other news? How's the weather in the Homeland?
- Bright and shining, sir.
-- Glad to hear that. We will soon be home.
- Well, I'm not so sure, my lord.
-- Why? You think this war will last longer than others?
- No, my lord. I'm afraid we won't have home any more.
-- What are you talking about? Was there an earthquake? Fire?
- No, sir.
-- Then what?
- Would you please sit down, sir?
-- I like when you care about me. You always know when my legs hurt.
- Yes.. umm.
-- Well, say it. I am sure we can fix it.
- You see, my lord.. How can I put this.. uhm..
-- Come on, say it!
- Well.. take a look at this.

J143U1d.png

-- Ahahaha, good one, good one, Reportović! I didn't knew you were so humorous!
- Sir.. that's not a joke. It's real. It's formal declaration of war.
-- Ahahah, you won't fool me! You even copied seal! It looks so real.
- Because it is real. 100,000 Turks crossed Serbo-Turkish border this morning.

gmssJEv.png

-- W-w-w-hat? You.. you.. are you s..ure?
- I'm afraid I am, your majesty.
-- Well.. Russians will help us. They will kick their ass!
- Sure.. they'll be in Serbia for.. 3 years maybe.
-- I thought they were closer! What now?

G0tVgc4.png

- I don't know. But, I have some good news too. The city of Napuli fell today. We can aquire the throne of Two Sicilies.

xzAZ3pg.png

-- Good. After all, we need a new home.. why not Italy, right?
- Indeed, sir. Indeed.

LyGOYBX.png

Oh dear, the might of the Turk is finally crashing down on the noble Serbian state. Hopefully the Russians will ride to the rescue in time to keep you from losing too many provinces.

Oh oh. This is trouble. You are not that much outnumbered, but I guess most of those troops are Russians. Can they demand from you desolutions of the unions?

Cool AAR so far. Really looking forward to the fight against the Turks. I think, however, it would be best for Serbia to consider spreading further westward if it looks like Serbia itself cannot be saved. Would also be fairly interesting if the 'Serbian Empire' didn't even control Serbia. Heh.

Cool AAR so far. Really looking forward to the fight against the Turks. I think, however, it would be best for Serbia to consider spreading further westward if it looks like Serbia itself cannot be saved. Would also be fairly interesting if the 'Serbian Empire' didn't even control Serbia. Heh.

For them to found 13th Serb colonies?

CHAPTER TWELVE - LUCK IS OUR SWORD

King's Royal Palace, New Rascia - 23rd January 1460
-- Good morning, Reportović.
- Good morning, your majesty. Did you sleep well?
-- No, I was awake whole night. Worring about Turkish Invasion.
- Speaking of that, almost a year passed and not a single Serbian fortress fell to the invaders. However, our fortresses aren't well equiped and we believe they won't hold for long.
-- I'm aware of that. You see, I was thinking, if we raised whole our army on the West we would have about 60,000 troops including our vassal armies. But, Turkish manpower pool is infinite, plus they have better technology and equipment. Not to mention their skills. We can't compete with that.
- You are completely right, my lord. But, I think you can relax now. Triple alliance of Castille, Aragon and Hungary attacked Turkish Empire last night. Some of the Turkish armies are retreating from Serbia, and preparing for defence of Aegean coastal forts. Aragonese Army already conquered Turkish African provinces in Tripolitania.
-- And how, directly will that war help us?
- You see, the Triple Alliance is already launching blockades at seas near Turkey, their exaustion is rising, and I am sure they will accept white peace with us, since they have greater worries now.
-- Good, that treaty is our last hope. Send your best diplomat to Sultan, I am sure we can finish this war without losing any territories.
- It will be as you wish, your majesty. But, be aware that your.. fans won't like this.

3XMGP76.png

-- Why? I saved the Homeland, it's people and my ass!
- Indeed, but they waited so much for this war with Turks.
-- Are they crazy? They want us to be.. destroyed!?
- No, your majesty, they just want to see defeated Turkish Army retreating from Serbia.
-- Well, they will see that. But some other time, perhaps.

Royal Palace, Kruševac - 7th August 1466
- My lord! I have news!
-- What is it? Can't you see I'm buying new hat?
- My lord, we already discussed about that. And all I can say again, that's not hat! Underwear, sir!
-- Ah, Reportović, you will never learn. Hat, underwear, it's the same. Now speak what's on your mind, I hope you didn't interrupted me for some irrelevant news.
- Whatever you say, your majesty. Here, see this.

nHek3Lz.png

-- And how on Earth this happened?
- You see, my lord, Croatia has some cores on Bosnia. They decided to attack, and when they attacked Bosnia, they attacked Serbia automatically.
-- Well, I always admired their beaches on Adriatic, I think it's time for me to take them. And I am sure they have new, modern hats in Dalmatia!

GZGeSAx.png

0SOKcTL.png

- My lord, this was an easy task for our army. For few months, we will gain full control over Croatian territories.
-- Good, Reportović. I hope they have those hats with laces, I really like them. I saw my Austrian mistress wearing that hat as underwear. Those silly Austrians!
- Mm.. never mind, my lord. Good. Good.. Oh, and I almost forgot. Few days ago, Muscowy officialy declared the formation of united Russia. Your good friend, Vasiliy II has been proclaimed as the Tsar of all Russians, and protector of all Orthodox World. He invited all Orthodox rulers and other friends of Russia to join his coronation next month.
-- God bless them! So there will be representatives of Serbia.. umm.. does Trabzon still exists?
- No, my lord.
-- Then, Serbia.. that small orthodox country called Circassia, umm.. and that's it?
- Pretty much.

Croatia - 29th November 1467
- As you can see my lord, they have plenty of your.. hats.
-- Ah, marvellous! Are all of those mine now?
- Yes, my lord. About that treaty..
-- Not now, Reportović, I'm trying my new hats.
- Sir..
-- What?!
- The treaty, beautiful coasts of Dalmatia..
-- Oh, yes. Well, those laces can wait half an hour, they won't go anywhere.

9sQmlSU.png

nNXRpl8.png

-- That will teach 'em.
- It sure will, my lord.
-- Listen, Reporto.. wait, what is there on that hill?
- Some banners, my lord. They look like Hungarian banners.

qpcUzt2.png

-- Greedy Hungarians! They waited until Croatia loose all it's army, and then attacked. Cowards!
- Lets go, my lord. Our job here is done.

Serbo-Turkish border - 27th July 1475
- Sir, sir!
-- What is it, chancellor?
- Look, sir, look!
-- Where?
- There, great Turkish Army is assembling near our borders.
-- Damn! Not again!
- It looks they are moving northwards, sir.
-- Maybe they want to attack us from the back, you never know.
- I will send some spies to check it out.

4HPjBfu.jpg

-- Well, that was not expected.
- Turks reached Bratislava, and Polish border.
-- This is not good. If they encircle us, taking Hungarian lands..
- We can't do much, my lord. We can just sit, and watch..

King's Royal Palace, New Rascia - 20th July 1478
- My lord, Turkish Invasion on Hungary ended today. Hostilities ceased and Turks annexed Romanian lands.

F0CciFC.png

-- Good!
- Good?
-- I thought they will reach Poland with their borders. Good, for now. Any other news?
- Yes. I think this one will cheer you up. You see, great news are coming from Greek lands, specifically Naxos.
-- What news? Did they bought me one of those new thin modern hats?
- Even better. You see, your sister was married to the Voivode of Naxos. Voivode unfortunately died today, and you inherited the lands of Naxos.

iHRbLPz.png

-- But, the hat.. well, khm, that is fine too.
- And, we are now automatically at war with Venice.
-- Whoa! I never accepted that title and those lands in Greece.
- Relax, your majesty. Venice has only one city, and almost no army.

fJNQwEy.png

-- Well, good then. Maybe we can expand our influences in Italy.. Uhrm, yes, we will talk about Venice later. But now, I want to speak with you about Hungary.
- Hungary, sir?
-- Yes, Hungary. You see, I thought hours and hours yesterday about Hungary. And I decided, as a true Christian and good neighboor, that we'll attack them and retake our province of Beograd.
- Are you sure, my lord?
-- Pretty much. With no army and no allies, we can beat them easily.
- As you wish.

Z3CgqXC.png

Beograd - 31st March 1479
- My lord, our armies reached Buda today.
-- You say our armies converted to Buddhism, chancellor?
- No, they reached Hungarian capital of Buda, and they started the siege.

mV9atUs.png

-- Ah, ofcourse! Will they accept our demands now?
- I am sure they will.

cR1dSDc.png

-- And, how's our war with Venice? You see, I heard that Venetian hats are absolutely best and softest hats in Europe.
- I am sure they are, my lord. City of Venetia surrendered today. Doge of Venice accepted our demands.

3XIciAP.png

Venetia - 15th January 1482
-- Those rumours are true, Reportović. These hats are absolutely most softest in Europe.
- Sir, you son, Prince Grgur arrived to Venice just now.
-- Ah, yes! I called him today, we'll go hunting!
- Have fun, your majesty. But be careful, you and your son are young, but those wild beasts are strong!
-- I am 79 years old and my son is 54 years old.
- That was a joke.
-- It's not funny. Now, let me just adjust my bow and arrows..
- Don't place it like that, sir. You can shoot yourself with an arrow like that.
-- Why? What can happen? Someone will open the door, I'll get scared and I'll accidently kill myself? Don't be ridicilous.

tojmp79.png

KBiDf9i.png

JVjPDA9.jpg

God bless the Auto Save content. I already thought I'll quit writing this AAR when my browser crashed.

Nice update, and well done beating both the Croatians and taking back your rightful land from them vile Hungarians.

I just wonder, why did you move your capital to Arborea/Sardinia/New Rascia? I don't really see the logic there.

Interesting update. It was great for you that you were able to WP out of the war with Turkey before they could start eating your provinces. Nice work scoring that natural PU with Naxos and inheriting Bosnia. That one should have given you free cores. Russia looks great for something the AI made. Spain makes me sad but I assume that happened before I caught the issue with the formation event.

Vrael_1492, I think the capital was moved because Serbia tends to get eaten pretty damn quickly once the Ottomans form Turkey and get their magical ability to eat the Balkans. I had honestly expected this AAR to go the way of Philo32b's Abyssinia one where he had to flee the homeland due to an overwhelming aggressor.

Good update, you did well to maintain the Serbian presence in the homeland in the face of the Ottoman invasion, and hopefully your gains since the war mean that you will be able to offer greater resistance next time the Turks come knocking!

With your control over Venice and the Two Sicilies, Serbian Italy is a very real possibility. If you intend to connect your Balkan and Italian holdings, you may need to keep an eye on France who are already making inroads in the North East.

Nice update, and well done beating both the Croatians and taking back your rightful land from them vile Hungarians.

I just wonder, why did you move your capital to Arborea/Sardinia/New Rascia? I don't really see the logic there.
Thanks. The first reason of transfering capital from Serbia to Sardinia was the danger of Ottoman invasion. When I started this AAR, I assumed I'll get swallowed by the Ottomans, at least in Serbia. So, I decided to move it to Sardinia. The second reason was the wars. Every war I fought in Serbia in begining was condemn to disaster. Hungarians occupied capital few times, and that was the main reason I had to give Beograd to them.

Interesting update. It was great for you that you were able to WP out of the war with Turkey before they could start eating your provinces. Nice work scoring that natural PU with Naxos and inheriting Bosnia. That one should have given you free cores. Russia looks great for something the AI made. Spain makes me sad but I assume that happened before I caught the issue with the formation event.

Vrael_1492, I think the capital was moved because Serbia tends to get eaten pretty damn quickly once the Ottomans form Turkey and get their magical ability to eat the Balkans. I had honestly expected this AAR to go the way of Philo32b's Abyssinia one where he had to flee the homeland due to an overwhelming aggressor.
Thanks, and yes, I think I really had luck with this one. You are right in matter of Bosnia, I gained free cores and now I have land limit of 85. I hope Turkey will wait with the next war. I really hope I'll inherit Two Sicilies before Turks start a new invasion. With Sicilian lands, and extra land limit gains from National Ideas, I think I can defend against the Turks.

As I stated above, I thought exactly like you.

Good update, you did well to maintain the Serbian presence in the homeland in the face of the Ottoman invasion, and hopefully your gains since the war mean that you will be able to offer greater resistance next time the Turks come knocking!

With your control over Venice and the Two Sicilies, Serbian Italy is a very real possibility. If you intend to connect your Balkan and Italian holdings, you may need to keep an eye on France who are already making inroads in the North East.
Thanks. About Serbian Italy, it can happen, but I think it's far away, and since the French gained land in Northern Italy, and Austrians gained access to Adriatic Sea trough Venetian provinces, I don't really think I can connect my future Italian provinces with the Balkans. But, it's a nice idea :)

Thanks. The first reason of transfering capital from Serbia to Sardinia was the danger of Ottoman invasion. When I started this AAR, I assumed I'll get swallowed by the Ottomans, at least in Serbia. So, I decided to move it to Sardinia. The second reason was the wars. Every war I fought in Serbia in begining was condemn to disaster. Hungarians occupied capital few times, and that was the main reason I had to give Beograd to them.

Thanks for explaining. :) Makes much more sense now

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - REBIRTH OF THE SERBIAN TSARDOM

Royal Palace, New Rascia - 20th February 1484
In the morning of a beautiful winter day, everything was quite and peaceful. The guards were warming up near the fires they lighted in their towers of the Royal Palace. Small snowflakes slowly covered the royal castle's roofs. But all of a sudden, the Captain and the Commander of King's Personal Guard awaked everyone in the Palace. The Captain and few of his best guards and soldiers walked upon King's room. When they entered, the King was already awake, sitting by his working desk.
- Your majesty! Allow me to speak!
-- Feel free to speak, Captain!
- Your majesty, after secret investigation, we discovered that someone is constantly stealing from the state's budget.
-- O heavens! Who is the traitor, who is the rat who will be hanged right now?
- Your not-so loyal chancellor, mister Reportović, your majesty!
-- That can not be.
- I'm afraid, your majesty, it is true. We have evidence. Look.
-- Oh heavens! Damn he shall be! I order you to execute him!
- It will be as you wish, your majesty. Should I call new candidates for the position of Chancellor?
-- Yes, call the best ones we have. I will choose wisely.
- As you wish, your majesty!

Royal Palace, New Rascia - 25th February 1484
- Your majesty, here they are. The best diplomats and intelectuals in our state, ready to serve you.
-- Very well, Captain, you are free to go. Sit, gentlemen.
The King observed three young intelectuals for few moments..
-- You, son, do you know to play badminton?
- Badminton, sir?
-- Yes, badminton!
- Ofcourse!
-- Good. What is your name?
- My name is Arovski, your majesty.
-- Arovski, you say? Is there any chance you are blood related with former chancellor Arovski, who served my ancestors?
- I am his grandchild, your majesty.
-- Then you are hired, young man. I hope you will legitimate your surname!
- Thank you, your majesty! I am ready to serve you and our beautiful country!
-- Good. The rest of you, go, you are free. Arovski, or should I say chancellor Arovski, we have job to do.
- Ofcourse, your majesty. We can start right now.
-- That's what I like! A true working spirit! Go on, do your job. Notify me, entertain me.
- Well, I had an idea. You see, we are in a constant threat of Turkish invasion.
-- That's true.
- You see, your majesty. We can prevent that.
-- How?
- It is expensive, although.
-- I don't care, we'll nationalize private holdings! Speak!
- Okay then. I present you the project of Military Frontier of Serbian Homeland.
-- Sounds intelectual.
- I'm trying my best, your majesty. Now, the idea is to build bigger forts on Serbo-Turkish border, increasing garrisons of forts and stationing our armies in the camps near the border. Whole project of building and upgrading forts, and recruiting new garrisons will cost about 1,300 ducats, your majesty.
-- Expensive it is. But, if that Military Frontier will help us, then do it.

NJJkNPN.png

-- Anything else?
- Nothing interesting, your majesty. Few news from the world. There was a new Spanish-Aragonese-Hungarian Crusade against the Turkey. Unsuccesful, I'm afraid. Hungary lost more lands on the East, and Austria took advantage of Hungarian-Turkish war. They penetrated deep into Hungary. Also, Austria annexed Croatia, and now we have gained a new, hopefuly peaceful neighboor. We could repair relations, with them, your majesty.
-- Why?

T4m6gZ0.png

- Because it's God's will.
-- Then do it!

King's badminton fields, 12th October 1490
-- Nice catch, Arovski, nice catch!
- Thank you, your majesty. Lets see if you can catch this!
-- You doubt my skills, chancellor? I can catch anything!
- There! Catch it!
- Your majesty? Why are you laying on the ground? Your majesty!
-- Flluf.. tfdhe ballg is inf my thrfout.
- What?
-- Thfe ballgh isf in my thrfofut!
- The ball, it's in your throat?! Spit it out!
-- I cafnh. Tell myf sonh..
- Your majesty? Your majesty?!

eVaTVhT.png

Royal Palace, New Rascia - 21st November 1490
Everyone was still shocked by King's death. Even the young prince, Milan, wasn't ready to wear the crown for over a month. Finally, chancellor Arovski persuaded him to stand up, like a real man..
- Prince, your majesty. We can't wait any more. You need to be coronated this week.
-- No, murderer!
- Your majesty, you know it was an accident. I loved your father equal as you did, Prince.
-- Leave me alone!
- Your majesty, do you want to be remembered in history as the man who destroyed Serbia in her Golden Age, just by not wanting to be coronated?
-- No.
- Then, we have a job to do, young man. Now listen. When your father died, you inherited two new states into our Empire. The Kingdom of Two Sicilies and the Voivodeship of Naxos. By the Standards of PI Regulator, we can now re-establish our Tsardom. Milan, are you aware that you are the renovator of the Tsar's Dušan's Empire? And you just sit there, crysturbating? Wipe your tears. You have an Empire to lead.

Ryr4YiL.png

Re-establishing the Tsardom of Serbia, the coronation of the new Tsar - 25th November 1490
-- Arovski, I'm sorry. I acted as spoiled daddy's son.
- No need to apologize, young man. By accepting your crown, you will be forgiven for everything.
-- Now, where is the Patriarch?
- He couldn't make it. But he allowed me to coronate you, in his name.
-- Why he couldn't make it?
- He is on skiing in Russia, your majesty.
-- Oh, well the holiday is the holiday. Okay, lets do this then.
In the central Orthodox Church of New Rascia, on the island of Sardinia, thousands and thousands of people gathered. Many of them waited outside of the Church. After the introducing ceremonial, chancellor Arovski, along with Church's officials, walked to the young Prince, who stood on the highest point of the Church. Young Prince kneeled upon Arovski.
- I, chancellor Arovski, with permission and bless of our Patriarch, here by prounance you as the Tsar of Serbia, King of Serbia, King of Bosnia, King of Naples, King of Sicily, Duke of Sardinia, Duke of Naxos, duke of Dalmatia, and duke of Serbian African territories. Stand up, and lead our Tsardom by the bless of our dear Lord!

5XfMY1f.png

WP8Gq6w.png

Royal Palace, New Rascia - 4th January 1491
-- So Arovski, what shall we do first?
- Well, when we claimed the Tsardom of Serbia, your legitimacy decreased. We can increase it by councluding new Royal Marriages with friendly nations.
-- Good, do that.

XZUXtQp.png

-- What else?
- Many of Nobles disagree with your new policies of the Tsardom. They fear we haven't chose the right path.

3FPmPtt.png

-- Nonsense! That's it?
- Yes, your majesty.
-- We are still friends with Ragusa, right?
- Yes, your majesty.
-- And they still have monopoly over our trading policies and trading posts?
- Indeed, your majesty.
-- Although they are great friends of Serbia, they are taking our money. The money of Serbia should stay inside it's borders. Now, having a new Centre of Trade in Palermo, we need to get rid of the competition of our Trade League partner.
- You are suggesting war, your majesty?
-- I'm not suggesting, I'm ordering a war. Gather my army. Annex them!
- Are you sure, your majesty? We will loose more stability and this annexation will hit our infamy limit badly.
-- Chancellor, who is the Tsar here? You or me?
- Many apologies, your majesty. The Tsar's orders will be respected!

WXX5nKG.png

- Your majesty, Hungary joined in the war against us, respecting their Proclamation of Ragusan Independence. They crossed our borders on Sava and Dunabe river today.

jHRHuLz.png

-- No worries. I'll lead the army. Their ruler will regret this decision!

NRYpXdf.png

gbtxlH6.png

- The leader of Ragusan Republic surrendered the keys of his town to our Army General today. Also, Hungarians lost all battles and retreated to their country. They are willing to accept White Peace.
-- Good. Take care of that paperwork. I have some other things to do. Oh, and yes. Gather 30,000 troops and go to our African provinces. We will meet there.
- As you wish, your majesty.

5eoBpNU.png

XJDtuJ6.png

Border between Serbia and Fez, the Tsar's Army camp - 18th August 1498
-- Ah, chancellor! A fine day for a war, isn't it?
- If you say so, your majesty.
-- You see chancellor, I decided to expand my holdings in Africa. Knowing the fact that their Defenders of the Faith, Turkey, is at war with second most powerful Sunni State in the world Jalayirids, I think this is the right time to fill our budget with more African money!
- As you say, your majesty. All hail the Tsar of Serbia! Long live the Serbian Tsardom!

cCWfYNI.png

-- Arovski, you will report to me about the war every week. I'm expecting you every month in our Capital
- Yes, your majesty!

Royal Palace, The Capital - 18th October 1500
- Your majesty, I'm bringing you the latest news from the Africa. Our armies occupied almost whole Fez, and they are willing to accept your offer of peace.
-- Good, Arovski, good!

rxLNwZ7.png

tID4Mcz.png

-- Now, leave me alone, Arovski. I'll go and play badminton.
- Are you sure, your majesty?
-- Yes I am!
- But, your father..
-- My father was old and weak! Now, go and do what diplomats do, and leave me alone.
- One more thing.
-- I said, leave!
- Sir.. please. One of our finest artists made this map for you. I think you will like it.

3mLYvWv.png

-- What a nice map! Lovely! Reward that man.
- Yes, your majesty!

Last edited:
I was going to chastise you for taking the decision to be promoted instead of waiting but then I saw the insane requirements you need to have in order for the promotion to happen naturally. How are the Ottomans continually deciding not to attack you? Is there any chance of getting an overview of budget, sliders, cores, and such soon?
Also, Sardinia is a Kingdom and not a Duchy, even if the title was created by the Catholics.

I was going to chastise you for taking the decision to be promoted instead of waiting but then I saw the insane requirements you need to have in order for the promotion to happen naturally. How are the Ottomans continually deciding not to attack you? Is there any chance of getting an overview of budget, sliders, cores, and such soon?
Also, Sardinia is a Kingdom and not a Duchy, even if the title was created by the Catholics.
Ottomans are now really weaken by the wars. They had three wars with Spain/Aragon/Hungary alliance since our WP, and they had a long term war with Jalayirids. So, I think those are the reasons. Plus, since I inherited Two Sicilies and Naxos, my Army Limit is 140,000 troops, and currently they have about 90,000.
About the statistics, sure, I'll talk about it in the next chapter.
I annexed Sardinia as Duchy, so I thought they were Duchy always, at least before Italian Unification. Well, always good to learn something new.

That orange in Skandinavia...could it be the rare nation of Ostergotland?
Yes, indeed!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN - NO MORE RETREATS

28/08/1505
- Milord! Our faithful citizens are requesting to know more about our public affairs, economy and political decisions.
-- Why? Aren't they happy enough with the fact they are still alive and not raped and murdered by foreign invaders?
- They are happy because of that your majesty, but they just want to know more. Freedom of speech and all that.
-- Won't that be boring to write?
- It might, but it will satisfy your loyal citizens.
-- Okay then, we have nothing to hide. Speak.
- Yes your majesty, we will start from our Foreign Affairs. As you can see my lord, we are Feudal Empire, in Slavic therms an Tsardom, ruled by you, ofcourse. Our primary culture is Serbian, but we also accept and tolerate Bosnians, Croatians, Tunisians and Sardinians as our co-state friends. Our reputation is slightly tarnished, but we will fix that soon. We have good and friendly relations with our vassals, and with some of the greatest powers in Europe, such as Russia, Great Britain and Austria.

w0ePsgI.png

-- Good. Next?
- Next thing is our Internal Affairs, primarly Court informations. As you know, you have one male heir, Stefan Hrebeljanović, who's 25 years old. He is your legitimate son, so his claim is strong. We have three advisors, who are boosting our Army with their genius skills.

RldAhVA.png

-- I already knew that. Next?
- Ofcouse you did, my lord. Next thing is our economical situation. The moment we inherited Two Sicilies, Naxos and Bosnia, our economical situation improved and I can freely say it will just go up, not down. However, we are a bit late with our technologies. We should really consider hiring some Western Inovators, so we can catch up with the rest of the World.

8AUzGEl.png

-- Send some of our diplomats to the West Europe, and search for inovators. Next?
- Next thing we'll talk about is our Government and it's policies. As you can see, we are classical late-medieval eastern country. We are favoring quality instead of quantity, and we are more narrowminded than I thought.

Xvwnaq9.png

- As you can see, my lord..
-- Okay, wait. Enough. This isn't interesting. Do you want to make our beloved loyal readers and citizens to leave?
- Absolutely not, my lord.
-- Then stop with that.. geek talk. Lets talk about something more interesting.
- Very well, my lord. Well, our faithful allies of Russia are calling for our help against Crimea.
-- And why are they calling us in this war? They can't beat some small undeveloped pesky state on the shores of the Black Sea?
- They surely can, my lord. The thing is, Turks joined the war.
-- Oh, I see. Well, it's time for revenge, my dear Arovski, honour our alliance pact! On arms!
- As you wish, my lord.

17B8ipq.png

11/05/1506
-- Inform me about the war, chancellor.
- Yes, my lord! Our spies in Turkish Government discovered that Turkey curently has about 130,000 regular troops. We, in our Homeland have around 60,000 troops, and we can bring more from the Overseas. Overlooking the whole war and statistics, their pact is surely strong, but we are stronger.

v6jDDUE.png

- I can proudly inform you about our first victories against the great Turkish Army. Our Armies, under the command of general Aleksa Petrović and Mladen Bojović were victorious in the Battle of Ohrid and in the Battle of Macedonia last month. However, Turkish Army succeded to defeat our Garrison of Naxos in the Battle of Achaea.

LAUow80.png

- Also, triple alliance of Aragon, Spain and Hungary attacked Turkey, few months after we joined the war.

Y4QGZfG.png

-- What can you say to me, chancellor?
- All I can say is, this'll be long and bloody war, your majesty.

04/11/1506
-- Why are we retreating, Arovski?
- We are not retreating, we are just regrouping and replenishing our armies, your majesty. After series of battles and constant arrival of new, skilled Turkish Armies on our front, we had to regroup and let them enter our lands. We evacuated all people from undefended areas, and we took all the food with us. After few months, Turks won't have anything to eat, and their morale will drop. That is the time for the counter-attack, my lord.
-- Excellent idea, Arovski. I'm glad you are on our side.

7bHXWp5.png

- Thank you, your majesty. Our Armies will be ready to attack in the early spring.

25/03/1507
- Your majesty, as I said last autumn, our Armies will be ready to attack in the spring. My promise is completed, my lord, armies are re-equiped, replenished and well rested. We are ready for counter-offensive. With your permission.
-- On arms! Attack!
- I can proudly report that our great spring offensive succeded. After four great battles, Turks retreated, and I can report that there is not a single enemy soldier on our lands, my lord.

jnRzZBG.png

-- I always believed we will beat them, sooner or later. Good job Arovski, good job.
- However, my lord, we can't follow their armies to annihilate them. Our manpower is very low, and if Russians don't end this war soon, we won't be able to perform another counter-offensive.

22/08/1507
- Bad news, my lord. Turkish Army soon recovered from those battles last spring, and are now attacking again. We are loosing on almost all fronts. We have to retreat from our borders.
-- We made a huge mistake, Arovski. We have about 70,000 troops in our Western territories, and we are not using them. And now, even if we want, we can't, Turkish Navy is stronger than ours. We will be more prepared for the next war. Send the emergent message to Moscow. It is time to end this war..

40d4bx2.png

20/09/1507
- Our diplomat is back, my lord. He told me the Russian Tsar ended the war this very morning.
-- Great, that's why Turkish troops retreated today.

DdyBzJ2.png

-- Chancellor, I want to land 120,000 troops in the Homeland sooner as possible. I never thought I'll say this, but I think it's time to renovate Serbian Greece, after 150 years.
- Your wish is my order! It will be done.. umm.. my lord?
-- Yes?
- My lord, well, how can I say this.. you see, your son, your only heir Stefan is ill.
-- Is it.. bad?
- Pretty much.
-- I didn't deserved this!
- What will we do, my lord?
-- Send the best trained medicus there is on this world to help him.
- I will, my lord. I will also pray for his life. You should try that too.
-- I will. Go now, my chancellor. I need to be alone.

HQhZdmd.png

This faithful and loyal citizen is pleased by the transparency of the current government, amused that the Pope gave you a formal warning, and alarmed and bemused by your massive minting situation. You did a nice job in holding back the Turk and keeping him occupied while the Russians rampaged through the Crimea.