• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
almost 4 years for the siege's seems long
but you got your provinces back.
west to africa good luck.

Venice looked to have been smashed in that war score image. You share a border with Hungary right? That warning might come in handy.

think I will follow this like the style subscribed.
Welcome aboard, and thanks.

Venice looked to have been smashed in that war score image. You share a border with Hungary right? That warning might come in handy.
Unfortunately, it won't help. You'll see what the Ottomans did lately on the Balkans in next part :-(

CHAPTER SEVEN - AFRICAN PRETENSIONS

Royal Palace, New Serbia, Sardinia - 3rd of January 1414
-- Arovski!; shouted the King from his working room.
- Yes, your majesty?
-- Is my tea ready?
- Umm.. tea sir?
-- Yes, the tea I ordered 20 minutes ago.
- You haven't ordered tea sir.
-- Oh. Well then, bring me finest wine from the cellar and a map of north Africa.
- Here it is, your majesty. Anything else?
-- No, but I need you right now. Come, sit with me.
- Thank you, your majesty. How can I help?
-- Well, if I am right, we can strike Hafsids and take their west territories in Africa.
- But, wouldn't that mean war with the Ottomans, since they are defender of the Sunni faith?
-- That is the trick. You see, as I heard, Hafsids are at war with Ottomans. Which means they won't help them if someone declares them war. Right?
- Truely genious plan, my grace!
-- Of you go then, ask the great Sultan of Fez to allow us to land on his coastal territories, so we could attack those silly Hafsids and retake my father's holdings!

7tXjUuX.png

King's Chambers, Sardinia - 12th of April 1415
-- Ah, Arovski, how is our invasion going?
- Fine, sir, fine! We have succeded to start occupation of all Hafsid lands!

ItlO309.png

-- Good. Were there any problems?
- There were few minor land and sea battles, but we easily defeated the infidels.

tdJxgzF.png

hRF7wRV.png

- Even the Ottomans helped us in one of naval battles.
-- What? How on Earth that happened?
- Well, they saw our transporter fighting Hafsid's galley near Malta, and they came and helped us. Even the Ottoman Navy Commander gave some of cannons to our transporter.
-- That is astonishing, Arovski.
- It is, your majesty. After all, maybe they wouldn't attack us, hmm?
-- Maybe, we can even be friends. Who knows. Any other news?
- Hate to break this good mood from you, but I have to tell you this too. Ottomans invaded Bulgaria, Albania and Epirus.
-- Oh. Maybe not so good friends..
- I shall go now my lord. I have occupations to lead.
-- Go, my friend. Bring me the good news.

i5xu1Dh.png

Kruševac, Homeland territories - 21st of September 1421
-- Ah, finally! Have you finished that occupation?
- Yes, I did. We finally succeded to occupy whole Sultanate of Hafsids.

G7DBVfg.png

-- Good. Now lets annex them.
- We can't do that, my lord.
-- Why?
- Johan from Sweden allow us to take only for provinces, which are worth about 98 score points. And we have 100.
-- Was that the guy who caused my grandfather to arrange and nearly start an invasion of Sweden?
- Indeed, your majesty.
-- I always thought my grandfather was crazy. But now I understand him.
- What shall we do, my lord?
-- Well, we can't go to Sweden, they are too far.
- I meant, with the Hafsids?
-- Oh. Well, take what we can take. We will finish them when the truce expires, right?
- Yes, my lord.

TD9ehuO.png

Lands of northern Africa - 27th of August 1423
-- Isn't it beautiful, Arovski?
- Yes it is, my lord. You have chosen wisely.
-- Any news, old man?
- I do have some news, your majesty. But, would you like to hear first the good ones or the bad ones, my lord?
-- The good ones, ofcourse.
- Well, I can inform you with pleasure, that our new project capital is now completely built and we can now officialy transfer our capital to New Rascia. It costed us 1000 ducats, but it's the prettiest capital I've ever seen.

jgETzPX.png

-- If you call the good news that we lost 1,000 ducats, what are the bad ones then?
- But, it's very beautiful, my lord.
-- Shut up.
-- The bad ones?
- You said me to shut up.
-- Speak up!
- Yes, your majesty. Well, Ottomans annexed Bulgaria, Epirus and splited Albania in half.
-- Well, that is bad.
- Yes, unfortunately. But, the good news is that Aragon and their allies started Holy War against Seldukide infidels!

xEijw7M.png

-- God bless them! Anything else?
- No, your majesty.
-- Lets see then that map of Europe, shall we?
- Ofcourse, my lord.

5PbTege.jpg

Not bad. You probably should have taken less provinces in the no CB war because you'll get Holy War now that you have a border. 25% infamy is quite nice for blobbing. Remember that the Ottomans can get surrender timers against your provinces if/when they turn into Turkey. Do those African provinces count as being overseas? You might be able to get away with a rather fun exploit if they are.

Great update, I hope that the Ottomans aren't looking at you next for conquest!
Thanks. I hope the same.

Not bad. You probably should have taken less provinces in the no CB war because you'll get Holy War now that you have a border. 25% infamy is quite nice for blobbing. Remember that the Ottomans can get surrender timers against your provinces if/when they turn into Turkey. Do those African provinces count as being overseas? You might be able to get away with a rather fun exploit if they are.
Well, I thought about that, but since this was unique chance, I had to take as much as I could. Who knows when will again Ottomans and Hafsids DoW each other, or when will some other country become Defender of the Faith. And I'm not strong enough to fight Ottomans, at least not yet. I think that these African provinces aren't counted as overseas provinces, at least I don't see modifiers for that.

This is entertaining me greatly. Far better than AARs of increadibly strong countries which just walk over all of their opponents.
Welcome aboard, and thanks.

CHAPTER EIGHT - ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND

Serbian coast, Kotor - 21st of June 1424
The King, whole Royal Court and his servants enjoyed the beauty of Adriatic Sea, on the beaches of Kotor city. The King deserved his rest. After African and Adriatic campaign, King Đorđe I proclaimed collective vacation of Serbian Royal Court for a month. But, diplomacy had to be done in that period, so Arovski and the King spent hours and hours a day together, doing diplomatical stuff. Not so great vacation.
- Your majesty, good morning.
-- Hi Arovski. Do we really need to work today? Can we take a break?
- I'm afraid we can not do that, your majesty. We are in a zenith of our so far history.
-- Argh, alrighty then. Lets see, what's new?
- Well, that Aragonese-Turkish war really got out of control. Aragon conquered all of Ottoman Africa, and Ottomans conquered Aragonese lands in the central Greece.
-- As long as the Ottomans or Aragon aren't fighting with us, I don't care about them. Anything else?
- Yes, your majesty. God's will has been made clear to us. We shall strike Albania!
-- Arovski, why would we do that?
- Because, we have casus belli for vassalisation, provided by the PI God himself. We can vassalise them for 0.8 infamy, your majesty.

gNqCxYR.png

-- Then what are we waiting for? Lets go to war!
- Sir, you can't go like that to war.
-- Why, what's wrong?
- You're almost naked and sand-dirty, sir.
-- So what? I have nothing to hide!
- Absolutely, my lord. But, if an arrow hits you in your 'sensitive' area, and you don't have a shield nor armor..
-- Well, I believe you are right this time, Arovski. Bring me my suit and armor!

66IH9jN.png

King's tent, fields of Kastrioti - 23rd of June 1424
-- Ah, Arovski, come in!
- Thank you, my lord. It's nice of you that you putted some clothes on.
-- Ah yes, it was a little bit cold out there last night. How's our siege going, Arovski?
- Well, it's over.
-- How do you mean, over? They attacked us from their walls and our army shattered all over the field?
- No, sir. They gave up after two days of siege.
-- But why?
- They ran out of wine, sir. Their army rebelled against their leader, they didn't wanted to fight without wine.
-- And they surrendered?
- Yes. With one term. Wine.
-- Pleasing and strange, Arovski.
- Indeed, my lord.

o4zU495.png

King's hunting day, woods of Kruševac - 17th of January 1428
-- Got one!
- Indeed precise aim, your majesty. I am thrilled with your skills.
-- Thank you, Arovski. I think it was a dear.
- Most likely, your majesty.
-- Ah, got one too! It's a dear again!
- Khmm.. very well, your majesty. But I think it's not a dear.
-- You think it's a wild boar?
- I think you arrowed one of the guards, your majesty.
-- It was a dear, Arovski.
- Your majesty, I heard "Outch! It hurts!" when you hited him.
-- Maybe it's a dear who learned our language, Arovski.
- I believe that is not poss..
-- Shut up, Arovski. It was a dear. Now, what news do you bring?
- Remember that small Greek island of Crete, whom we sent money and weapons to fight for their independence, when we were at war with Venice?
-- No.
- Nevermind, your majesty. The thing is, they succeded, but they are now at war with Venice.
-- So, we should protect them, right?
- Yes, your majesty.
-- Off to war, then!

FpXRuNI.png

HDjZQve.png

Outside of Istria fortress, laying siege - 22nd of November 1428
-- Surrender! We will give you wine!
- I'm afraid that won't work with them, sir.
-- Why? It worked with Albanians.
- I think they just don't like wine, my lord.
-- Rubbish! Everyone loves wine! Hey, hey, Venetians! We'll give you wine, surrender!
- Sir, maybe you should rest?
-- Excellent idea, Arovski. Lets go to my tent. Any news?
- Yes, your majesty. Apparently, troops are adoring Todor Lazarević, they think he is one of the biggest military minds in our country. Right after you, ofcourse.
-- Ah, we should reward that man. Next?

cHM6sT6.png

- Our Russian allies are conquering Tartar land, they might even exit on Black Sea, or Caspian Lake.
-- May good Lord protect them and their leader!

hJa0jtC.png

- Sad news are coming from Moldavia. Apparently, Hungarians annexed their country, their ruler and your cousin, Teodor I Hrebeljanovic was executed.
-- What an evil state Hungary is! They'll rot in hell!

z8hxinX.png

King's visit to Crete - 2nd of August 1429
-- Beautiful island. It will be ours one day.
- Sir, talk quieter.
-- Why? It's not like they can understand us. Just smile, Arovski.
- My lord, they have translators.
-- Oh. Yees, yes, I have a good point. One day, I can buy a house on this island, beautiful!
- Very swiftful managing, my lord.
-- Thank you, Arovski. So, any news?

ilYDhGn.png

- 10,000 Venetians landed on Sardinia last month.
-- 10,000?! And you are telling me that today?
- They are already beated, my lord.
-- Oh. Well then, I forgive you. But, next time, you will tell me everything!
- Yes, my lord. I'm thankful for your forgiveness. I have some good news too. Istria surrendered today.
-- They ran out of wine?
- No sir, they ran out of food, and they all died from hungerness.
-- Pathetic. They could've been drinking wine by now, if they surrendered earlier.

tZHgC2C.png

-- I'll go and rest now, Arovski.
- Fine, my lord. We will continue some other time.

King's Palace, Sardinia, New Rascia - 12th of July 1430
-- Hi, Arovski, my dearest chancellor.
- I'm your only chancellor, sir.
-- Shut up, and take the compliment.
- Thank you, my lord!
-- Good. Any news?
- Yes, Venice and Crete putted an end to hostilities.

lYvKXHP.png

-- Ah, cheerfull. What about other news?
- Ottomans are not Defenders of Sunni Faith any more.
-- Greeat! We can conquer Africa now! I would kiss you if you were not a man, Arovski.
- Thank you, my lord.
-- What are you waiting for? Prepare our armies, we are going to a Crusade against Hafsid!
- Crusade, sir?
-- You became senile, Arovski. That's just a ridicilous casus belli for the conquest war.
- Ah, ofcourse, my lord.

pZEMHYh.png

- Maybe this wasn't so good idea, my lord.
-- Why?
- I got some informations about their army.

ctlhN7F.png

-- I see. But, do not be pesimistic, Arovski. Most of these 130,000 soldiers are Mamelukan, and Aragon is holding Tripolitanian area, so they can't come to us.
- But they have navy, sir.
-- Those barbarians have boats and ships?
- Yes, my lord. Yes.

S5OfQ7M.png

-- We need to finish conquest of Hafsid as fast as we can. As the best millitary commander, I will lead the occupation.
- I think that's not a good idea, my lord.
-- Are you calling me incapable for war, Arovski?
- Not at all sir, not at all.

wpNH1AX.png

This is awesome! Subscribing now

By the way, how the hell is great britain formed in 1423?
Thanks, welcome aboard!

I'm not Pukovnik but I assume it's because England rampaged through Scotland (as it always does) and it vassalised the Irish minors.
Yes, indeed. They swallowed Scotland and Ireland pretty fast.

That's one mighty coalition arrayed against you. That navy is going to give them the strategic initiative. I hope Hungary or the Ottomans don't see your situation as a nice time for another snack.

You seem to making loads of enemies. Certanly more than friends. Than again such is the Serb way. Solder on :D

CHAPTER NINE - RISE OF THE NEW KING

Tunisian deserts - 26th of October 1431
The King died during the occupation of Tunis. Unluckily, he didn't used armour and his shield. Enemy arrow hitted him right in his.. sensitive part. He died almost immediately. There was no time for funeral or coronation of his son, Prince Đorđe II, someone needed to command the war, and Arovski was too old for that..
- Hello, Prince!
-- Hello, chancellor. How can I help you, old man?
- Your grace, since your father died the war stopped. Our troops are waiting for orders almost for a month now.
-- But, I promised my friends to go on vacation to France.
- Sir, your troops are dying. They are in a middle of a desert, with no food and water.
-- But Arovski! The vacation! And.. I'm not even coronated as the new King.
- You have to lead these man and finish what your father started.
-- Wise words. Well, I assume I'll have to delay my vacation then.. Lets go, my army awaits me.
- Yes sir, I'll prepare horses and the guards.

Compound of Serbian Army, Tunisian deserts - 4th November 1431
-- My army is this big? Jeez! How many soldiers are here?
- About 25,000.
-- I thought we were weak as hell!
- Well, your father built great army. There is 10,000 more in Homeland.
-- I'm starting to like this new position, Arovski.
- You should, my lord.
-- Why are they so poorly armed?
- Our Army policies are on quantity, not on quality.
-- Nonsense! Change that.
- Yes, my lord.

ClPDFeZ.png

- Your majesty, we have gained a new professional Army commander because of your change of policies.
-- Ah, good. He will command our troops in this war.
- Fine choice, my lord.

African Army HQ, Al Djazir - 13th of August 1432
- My lord, I bring you good news.
-- Yes, old man?
- Our war is going very good, your majesty. Soon we will occupy whole Tunisia, regarding of their allies support. I think that sultan of Fez is little bit crazy, my lord.
-- Why would you say something like that?
- Well, he sents 1,000 - 3,000 troops every day to attack us. And he did that almost 20, maybe 30 times.

p7LAGt6.png

-- And Mameluks? Are they attacking?
- Our soldiers and sailors haven't seen any Mamelukan soldiers or ships. Maybe they are just not interested in war with us.
-- Lets hope it stays that way, old man. Any other news?
- Our Russian allies of Muscovian Kingdom had luck in war against Blue Hordes. They doubled their territory. They are near the Black Sea, your majesty.
-- A fine day for Slavic people!

VS15TBj.png

- And, Aragonese crusade against the Ottomans ended. They had to give up their holdings in central Greece, but they gained few provinces in Tripolitania.
-- That means the Ottomans are now out of exausting war. I hope that exaustion will last..
- We all do, your majesty.

DVJ9uE4.png

- May I go now and rest, my lord? I'm not feeling very well.
-- Go Arovski, you don't have to ask for that.

New Rascia, the Capital - 9th July 1433
The old man, 83 years chancellor Arovski, layed in his bed in Royal Palace. Young King visited him, desperately asking for last advices..
- Your majesty!
-- Do not stand up, Arovski. Lay, you need to rest.
- I'm already better now, when I saw you, my lord. You see my lord, I know I don't have much time, so I want you to recommend you my successor. He is young, perspective and well known diplomat, my assistant Reportović.
-- Do not speak like that, you've outlived my father, grandfather and great grandfather. You'll propably outlive me, too!
- I'm afraid my time has comed, my lord. Listen to my last advice. Take Reportović as your new chancellor, you'll not regret.
-- I will listen your advice. Thank you for everything you done for this country, chancellor, I'll visit you again for few days.
- I'm proud of you all. Now go, my child, go.

As the young King walked out of the room, the 83 years old chancellor Arovski died. He was burried in Royal Graveyard, and therefor he became the part of Hrebeljanović Royal Family forever. Right on the hallway, King met his new chancellor.

-- You are Reportović, aren't you?
- Yes my lord.
-- Chancellor Arovski talked highly of you. I trust him, and I hope you will not betray my expectations.
- Thank you, my lord. I will give my best to serve the King, and our country.
-- Good. What are the news, Reportović?
- Our armies are victorious, my lord. We have conquered all of Tunisian land.
-- Ah, good! We will now integrate them in our glorious state.

eH5O0ot.png

- We can't do that, my lord.
-- Why?
- Because they have 6 provinces, and we are allowed to take only 5 with annexation.
-- Nonsense. I can take it all, if I conquered it all!
- I'm afraid you can't, my lord. SRJ, sir.
-- What?
- System Regulator Johan is not allowing us to break his rules, my lord.
-- System what? Are you out of your mind? What are you speaking Reportović, Spanish?
- No, my lord.. How can I explain this to you.. We just cant take it. We can take 5 now and annex them after the truce.
-- Whatever.. my head already hurts, I'm going to rest. Do that and meet me later.

klml4wj.png

King's Palace, New Rascia - 25th of July 1433
- Greetings, your majesty.
-- Hello, peasant.
- I'm not peasant, my lord.
-- You are not what?
- I'm not peasant, my lord. I am descent cousin of.. Vasiliy.. Rurikovich. My title is.. Duke of... Nothing.. Nothingess!
-- Well, I'm sorry, Duke. I thought you were not of blue blood.
- No worries, your majesty. Now, we need to deal with some diplomatical things. You see, we are still at war.
-- I thought we finished that war in Tunisia?
- We did, your majesty. But, their allies are still at war with us.
-- Well, peace with them. Give them some gifts, they will accept it, I'm sure.

sksZK2j.png

- Done. I think this will cheer you up, my lord.
-- Well, that would come handy, I'm not in such great mood now.
- You see my lord, our miners discovered huge gold reserves in the mountains of Tunisia. We just gained 400 ducats, it's a Gold Rush, your majesty!
-- Well, those are really the good news!

NkiYBfE.png

- God's will has been made clear to us. We shall vassalise Arbanon.
-- Aren't they already our vassals?
- That is Albania, sir.
-- What's the difference?
- I'm not really sure, my lord. It's two seperate same countries with same name in two different languages.
-- Whatever, God's will must be pleased!

IwMaIxg.png

- Aaand it's over.
-- What?

0Wz74Kw.png

- We won, your majesty. The war is over.
-- That was quick. Now what?
- Maybe we should take a look on a map?
-- Excellent idea. Lets see.

017d4Ow.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey seems to be having some rebel troubles. Also it's the mod's fault that you cannot annex a nation with more than 5 provinces, not Johan's (unless you blame him for including an option to limit it).

Reportović - I see what you did there, and now that I think of it, Arovski is actually AARovski.

The only thing that you might try to improve is your English grammar. It's a bit jaring then you use wrong verb forms.

Other than that excellent work, and ROCK ON!

CHAPTER TEN - EAST WE SHALL DEFEND?

New Rascia, Royal Palace - 29th of April 1436
-- What a nice day. I think I'll go swim today, Reportović.
- Your majesty, you don't know to swim.
-- Yes I do! I learned to swim in.. in.. my pool!
- Your majesty, your pool is shallow. You can stand in it.
-- But I learned!
- Ofcourse you did.. Sir, can we talk about something more relevant now?
-- What is more relevant than my swimming?
- Your country, wars, diplomacy.
-- I don't think so.
- History books do think it is, my lord.
-- And I have to act like a good, just and glorious ruler?
- Yes. Now, sir, please. Lets begin, we have plenty of work to do.
-- Okay, I'll go for a swim some other day.. What are the news?
- Turkish Sultan arrested few of our merchants on the Serbo-Turkish border near Sofija, my lord.
-- Why?
- We don't know the reason. We have been informed that 4 of our merchants were impaled on stakes, and from now on our merchants can't trade in Ottoman Empire.

8XQYFHC.png

-- Well, I agree with the Sultan! Those pesky traders should learn to act like a real men, they should join the Army and fight for their country and the King!
- But, your majesty, this is diplomatical insult! They impaled our citizens, and forbid our merchants to enter their country and their centres of trade!
-- I suppose you are right, Reportović. Just in case, send a spy to infiltrate their Administration, I want to know if they have plans against us.

frHRet2.png

-- Anything else?
- Yes, my lord. Our faithful allies are calling us to urgently join their war against occupators of Russian lands. They are at war with Teutonic Order, Lithuania, Poland, Castille, Portugal, Aragon, Norway and few German minor states I've never heard of.
-- When the messenger arrived?
- About two weeks ago.
-- And why I wasn't informed earlier?
- The problem was your majesty, the messenger was so drunk that we couldn't understand a word he said.
-- And he needed two weeks to sober up?
- The doctors said he drinked loads of some Russian famous alcoholic drink.
-- Those Russians.. Anyway, we will help them. Send positive response to their Call to Arms.
- My lord? Aragon, Castille, Poland? Are you sure?
-- Muscowy is our only friend, Reportović. If we lose them, no one will help us in the future.
- It'll be as you wish, your majesty.

sWPM6U5.png

New Rascia, Royal Court - 25th of January 1437
-- Reportović! Look out trough the window!
- I am looking, my lord.
-- What are those beautiful colorful banners? Is it again my birthday? Is it a military parade?
- I'm afraid it's not, my lord.
-- Then what is it?
- It's 30,000 strong enemy army starting occupation of our Capital. Our Sardinian Army is completely annihilated, they invaded the colonies in North Africa and the coasts of Homeland. In the beginning of the war, we had some success. We pushed them back few times, but they just kept coming. And they are still coming, and we're out of manpower.

FgS7vs7.png

qe9Uv44.png

-- How much time can the capital last?
- 12 months is the maximum, my lord.
-- And what is the situation on the East?
- Muscowy occupied almost all of Teutonic Order and few Lithuanian provinces.
-- Send an urgent messenger. If they don't end hostilites soon, we'll fall.
- Yes, my lord.

Serbian Royal Court, New Rascia - 12th of May 1439
Two and a half years passed when the siege started. There is no more regular food. People are eating dead horses, grass and even wood. Only the Army gets some food, and it can't be even considered as the food. The King and his chancellor are desperate. Maybe after all, this might be the end..
- My lord!
-- What is it, Reportović?
- They are retreating, my lord! They are retreating!
-- You said that like 20 times last month.
- I'm serious now. Look, my lord, look!
-- Yes they are! Quick, send our ships to the colonies. Our people need food!
- Yes, my lord.

nND1Jf9.png

Tunisia, 20th of September 1439
- The truce is over, my lord.
-- Good, lets finish this.

e4bThIf.png

FYOlCHp.png

- My lord, you can now proudly wear the crown as the King of Serbia, Sardinia and Tunisia.
-- Good. Let me see that map now.
-- Everything is great.. but that border.. in Albania.
- What about it, my lord?
-- It's ugly! We'll annex Albania.
- But we will gain infamy. We already passed our limit, my lord.
-- U-G-L-Y! Annex it.

wgXabn0.png

I didn't had much inspiration with this chapter. Sorry guys, I hope the next one will be better. Cheers.

things seem to be looking up for a change.
Yes, finally.

Turkey seems to be having some rebel troubles. Also it's the mod's fault that you cannot annex a nation with more than 5 provinces, not Johan's (unless you blame him for including an option to limit it).
Johan is the ultimate
offender for everything what my rulers dislike :)

Reportović - I see what you did there, and now that I think of it, Arovski is actually AARovski.

The only thing that you might try to improve is your English grammar. It's a bit jaring then you use wrong verb forms.

Other than that excellent work, and ROCK ON!
Hehe, finally someone figured it out. For the rest, non-slavic population, I'd like to explain these two names, so everyone could know why I chose them. Arovski, which is from "AAR", and - ovski, common ending in Serbian/other Slavic surnames, and Reportović, from "Report" and - ović, another common ending in Serbian/Slavic surnames.

About the grammar, I don't pay much attention to verb tenses, I never did. I just type what comes to my mind, I hope it's not too annoying.

By christ this is excellent. And there is no need to improve the English, wrong verb tenses and all make it all the more flavourful for reading.
Thank you!

Youch, that cannot have been a fun time sitting around being occupied while Muskowy got all the spoils. I think you're lucky that Turkey didn't take an interest while you were being sat on.