• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
November 1944

Asia

Trouble At Sea

In early November Japanese submarines patrolling in the South China Sea were spotted and attacked by UK and US fleets.Four Japanese subs were sunk and several others were damaged.

51rhi1.jpg

2uoqiyd.jpg

Heavy Losses For Japanese Shipping

In addition to the damage inflicted on the imperial Navy's submarine fleet, several Japanese merchant vessels were also sunk during November causing Tojo to demand the Navy's battle fleets be operational by December.

15wm6uu.jpg

xndwl3.jpg

ohlmaa.jpg

10x98yh.jpg

Japanese Army Begins Offensive In Burma

The planned Japanese offensive against British forces in Burma began on the 14th November.In the north Japanese troops were able to advance quickly into British held territory.

wrj34g.jpg

The Battles Of Mogok And Myitkyina

xolg87.jpg

vsib79.jpg

British Capture Eastern Java

2ezineu.jpg

Europe

Germans Regain Control Of Yugoslavia

2zoj8ts.jpg

A shame they have started to move into Java, but unavoidable I guess.

Are those Nepalese troops you beat in Myitkyina? At any rate, do you think you'll be able to occupy all of British India? The AI often doesn't put up much of a fight there (somehow a British Indian army of over a million men never manages to form a front there), but man power might be tricky. And this is all assuming that UK/US naval forces don't cut you off from the continent.

I also note that the AI seems to have a problem with forming fronts in liberated countries after throwing out the previous occupiers.

December 1944

Asia

In December Japanese troops continued to advance towards India.

The Battle Of Mawhun

5mmjdi.jpg

Xibei San Ma Surrenders

r01a29.jpg

Japan Attacks Tibet

123scjs.jpg

The Battle Of Kyunhla

2i7o6xg.jpg

The Battle Of Tamanthi

ndwnld.jpg

The Battle Of Monywa

vr4zgw.jpg

The Battle Of Shinji Ridge

On the 23rd December Japanese submarines spotted a large US fleet in Shinji Ridge,south of Iwo Jima.The Imperial Navy's largest Carrier Fleet,under the command of Yamomoto was ordered to intercept.

2gtn5g1.jpg

96vu5z.jpg

On Christmas Eve,Japanese carrier aircraft took to the skies to launch the attack ahead of the Imperial battle fleet.

apfkm8.jpg

etw0mb.jpg

On Christmas Day Yamomoto's carrier fleet engaged the US fleet.

zwn5vl.jpg

This great sea battle was a huge victory for Japan as several US ships, including two carriers, were sunk.

358dtsj.jpg

xe4x8j.jpg

The following day Yamomoto's fleet pursued the remaining US fleet, sinking several more ships.

21cw6ly.jpg

Europe

Early December

2s9dc74.jpg

10ygvhf.jpg

Late December

2ynsahe.jpg

25aoj02.jpg

German Forces In Italy Retreat

Even though Germany had been pushing back the Allies in Italy, the deteriorating situation in Eastern Europe led to many German divisions being pulled out.

mj5rev.jpg

Scratch two flat-tops, how many more to go?

A useful victory on the seas

Egads! The US had six carriers just in that one fleet! Good outcome to the battle, but more work remains to be done there (obviously).

Could you tell whether it was your airstrikes or the battleships that sunk the majority of the American ships?

One thing I couldn't get from the screenshots was a sense of overall progress in Burma/India (I'm not familiar with the area, so all the province names mean little to me). Have you made serious inroads, or are you nibbling around the edges?

Will your four divisions in Java be enough to hold the British at bay?

I've been pleasantly surprised by the tenacity of Germany in Eastern Europe, but with the latest encirclements on the Eastern Front, it looks like time's up for the Nazi war machine.

Egads! The US had six carriers just in that one fleet! Good outcome to the battle, but more work remains to be done there (obviously).

Could you tell whether it was your airstrikes or the battleships that sunk the majority of the American ships?

One thing I couldn't get from the screenshots was a sense of overall progress in Burma/India (I'm not familiar with the area, so all the province names mean little to me). Have you made serious inroads, or are you nibbling around the edges?

Will your four divisions in Java be enough to hold the British at bay?

I've been pleasantly surprised by the tenacity of Germany in Eastern Europe, but with the latest encirclements on the Eastern Front, it looks like time's up for the Nazi war machine.

I think it was a combination of everything that won the naval battle.Submarines were involved also.
Progress towards India is going well,but slowly(because of the terrain).I will put up a more zoomed-out shot next update.
Not sure about Java.I will see what happens.I anticipate further losses in south-east Asia in the short-term,but the long-term I hope will be a different story.

Looks like it could sson be the end of the Third Reich in the East. Look at the amount of troops they could loose in that Soviet encirclement. Nice victory over the US navy. A key victory for Yamamoto. Keep it up :D

Woah! Congratulations on defeating the US Navy. When I saw the USN dragging along 6 CVs against your 2, I thought your fleet was doomed.

Regarding your win against NatChi: How did you turn the war around so quickly? Through additional forces (where from?) or withdrawal and consolidation or something else entirely?

A general question on surrender events: what is the difference between a country giving up and a country fighting on? You seem to get all the territory anyway. Or do you only get to occupy the territory until defeating the government in exile? If so: where did the government of NatChi flee to?

January 1945

Asia

Japanese Offensive Slows Down In India/Burma

The Battle Of Yinmabin

The Japanese advance was halted by British armoured and motorised divisions in Yinmabin.

uowih.jpg

2eg8rnl.jpg

The India/Burma Frontline By Mid-January

14nzb0l.jpg

On January 22nd US forces attacked Japanese troops on Guinea.The Allies, having already captured all of the ports on Guinea, are in a strong position to capture all of the island.Japanese troops, without recent supplies have retreated west.

21dkd1g.jpg

India/Burma/Tibet Region At The End Of January

307me87.jpg

More Attacks On Japanese Shipping

9pum8i.jpg

29bkknp.jpg

Japanese Fleet Searches For Allied Warships

w6y4yc.jpg

Attack On British Fleet East Of Singapore

do1jec.jpg

Europe

Throughout January the Soviets continued to push back the German Army.

Russians Retake Hungary And Bulgaria

23gy07s.jpg

257k869.jpg

Europe- End Of January '45

takebs.jpg

They've done quite nicely compared to real life, but the Germans look like they're ready to crumble. It seems they only have a thin screen of units on the frontline - and soon, all those Soviet divisions currently mopping up the pockets will start showing up.

With regards to your own exploits, it's nice to see the Japanese fleet continue to score successes. Too bad your carrier task forces won't be able to do much about those Allied subs. Do you have any plans to set up some ASW groups (presumably after the seas have been secured)?

Is there any hope of regaining the initiative on Guinea, or is the American preponderance too great? And if the latter, can you evacuate the troops somehow (I know, you currently don't hold any ports), or are they doomed?

Woah! Congratulations on defeating the US Navy. When I saw the USN dragging along 6 CVs against your 2, I thought your fleet was doomed.

Regarding your win against NatChi: How did you turn the war around so quickly? Through additional forces (where from?) or withdrawal and consolidation or something else entirely?

A general question on surrender events: what is the difference between a country giving up and a country fighting on? You seem to get all the territory anyway. Or do you only get to occupy the territory until defeating the government in exile? If so: where did the government of NatChi flee to?

For Nat China I redeployed several divisions from further north.Apart from that, it was just sensible attacking play...
About surrender events, I am not too sure to be honest...hopefully someone can post about that.I know you get all the territory,but I dont what the differences are.

They've done quite nicely compared to real life, but the Germans look like they're ready to crumble. It seems they only have a thin screen of units on the frontline - and soon, all those Soviet divisions currently mopping up the pockets will start showing up.

With regards to your own exploits, it's nice to see the Japanese fleet continue to score successes. Too bad your carrier task forces won't be able to do much about those Allied subs. Do you have any plans to set up some ASW groups (presumably after the seas have been secured)?

Is there any hope of regaining the initiative on Guinea, or is the American preponderance too great? And if the latter, can you evacuate the troops somehow (I know, you currently don't hold any ports), or are they doomed?

I will see what happens on the seas before ASW plans are made.I have plans for south east Asia.I will post about it in February '45 update.I dont know if things will be put into motion in time for the troops on Guinea to be saved though.They might be doomed!

Impressive to see the a.i do that encirclement on such a scale.

The good going overall and especially in Tibet. Hopefully the new northern front will allow you to get behind the main British lines and cause havoc.

On a sidenote: the Hungarians must be really fed up. I can imageine their general line of thought: "To hell with it! We surrender to the Soviets and get overrun by the German. We surrender to the Germans and get overrun by the Soviets. So we might just as well continue fighting."