• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pruffy,

all good things must come to an end, but that doesn't mean we have to like it! :D

My final congrats on a job well done, I've just bought a book on the government of the Confederacy so I should be well primed by the time your book hits the shelves. I'll even buy it....... is there any chance of a signed copy???

I'm currently prowling the Vicky forums so I'd be very happy to see your name appear on the AAR list over there, in your own good time of course - wouldn't want to substitute quality for the sake of expediency ;)

Cheers,
Duritz.

P.S. I'm amazed how many Aussies have turned up recently, just shows our fine taste :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Seidita- thanks! Boy, this thing turned into a monster, huh?

Duritz- You can indeed buy a copy! But at $75 US or more a pop, you may want to keep your eye on exchange rates for a while first. :D

Again, it should be out late next year, or even (boo!) in January or February of 2005. Academic publishing is a glacial enterprise. Once things start to happen, I will remind everyone, and I will be making autographed copies available through my personal website. But stay calm, that's still a year or so away.

As for the Vicky forums, rest assured I will appear there. Not for a while, perhaps- I'd hate for my reputation over there to get too cold before the book comes out. :D I wonder if I owe Paradox any money for using the forum as a marketing tool. I'll just keep buying their games and hopefully that will keep them happy.

( Speaking of Vicky, you may want to check out the leader files for the Metis rebels of Canada. You'll find a tiny, tiny slice of immortality for TSATN there. ;) )

Congrats

Well, what can I say... AWESOME AAR, France being really hard to play.
Beautiful style of writing on top of all.
I read it consecutively for two days after finding it, neglecting VID(Very Important Duties) and I do not regret anything...Makes me feel like trying France, again...

I bow to you Great Master
Oldtimer

OLDTIMER said:
Well, what can I say... AWESOME AAR, France being really hard to play.
Beautiful style of writing on top of all.
I read it consecutively for two days after finding it, neglecting VID(Very Important Duties) and I do not regret anything...Makes me feel like trying France, again...

I bow to you Great Master
Oldtimer

*blush*

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and trust me, you didn't neglect more than I did writing the thing. :D

VTBub- You're extremely welcome.

And for those of you wondering where my Vicky AAR went-

The contract for "The Encyclopedia of American Autonomist and Secessionist Movements" arrived sooner than expected, and writing is underway. So my focus is on punching out writing that I'll be paid for.

Speaking of which, Paradox has definitively stated that they can't allow AAR authors to publish their works for profit, or ask for contributions to offset the headache of completing a PDF version of their work. So I'm afraid that TSATN will remain where it is, in glorious grey typeface.

Speaking of which, Paradox has definitively stated that they can't allow AAR authors to publish their works for profit, or ask for contributions to offset the headache of completing a PDF version of their work. So I'm afraid that TSATN will remain where it is, in glorious grey typeface.

You may have forgotten the LibrAARy Project.....

AH- Yes indeed, although many of the pictures are still down. One of these days when I'm really bored, I'll go back and switch the host.

Elbasto- Thanks! Sorry about the bleeding eyes. I recommend an icepack.

Good night! NOT ANOTHER GOOD LONG AAR TO READ! I haven't even scratched the surface of Yogi's "Iron Cross"! I need to stop this maddness! And I still have a war to fight against the Dominicans.

P.S. Please drink more Coke today. See my AAR for details if you don't know what in the fire I'm talking about.

Prufrock451 - after finishing with your adventures with Miffling-Hodgkins in Sibir (a wonderful read, I might add!), I figured yours would be the best place to start in my endeavors to read up on HOI (apologies to all other writers here - I promise to get around to most of you someday). Just on page one, but so far it is exactly as I suspected. In a word - brilliant. Once I catch up (sometime in 2005 ;) ) I'll post again to let you know how much (I am sure) I enjoyed this.

*cracks knuckles* And once you finish your homework here, you'll need to view some Supplementary Materials:

Where The Iron Crosses Grow

The granddaddy of all AARs, and still the most popular in Paradox history. I have a few guest shots starting on page 33 (!), including appearances by Skorzeny and Gaspard.

At the Gates of Paris

On page 15, I lay out the fates of some of my French characters in an alternate universe where a Fascist coup seizes France in 1936.

Duly noted - and thank you for the recommendations. Always good to have a starting point. ;)

This is my all time favourite AAR Prufrock, I only just finsished it the other day and I can tell you I am impressed.:)

I have also just read your guest writing in LB's excellent At the Gates of Paris (Fascist France) AAR, and it brings back all the memories from this impressive tale. Nice to see your characters getting a bit of action in Berlin.