• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Telcius said:
Are those Swiss troops I see in the map. Are they doing nything or have they remainded neutral.

Its just the Swiss being...Swishish? Which means there neutral :)

~ Come on boys! Do you want to live forever? ~
July 15th, 1917
Zemio, British Africa

------------------

Dear Ben,

Seems like an eternity since I was sent to the Western Front to fight with the Army of Northern Virginia. Hope your doing okay and that you get this letter in time. France is so much different from Egypt and Africa, its so much more dark and depressing. Things are rough here, life in the trench’s is hard and the Germans are much more determined than the Ottomans were.

Turns out Goose was attached to the Army of Central Kentucky, met up with him not to long ago when our two armies met to prepare for the attack into Germany. I can’t believe it myself, it looks like it may be all over soon but sometimes I have my droughts, the British don’t seem as determined as we are to win this war.

Hope you are doing well, and I hope to see you soon, hopefully back in North Carolina.

Your Brother,
Charles.

------------------

Ben read over the letter, slowly, before folding it up and putting on his helmet. The ratatat sound of machine gun fire could be heard as the remains of the first charge fell back into the trench's. The Army had been in a harsh fight with the Germans in Zemio for a several days now and with no luck in dislodging them.

“Medics! Come on lets move!” he heard one of the Sargent's shout. This had been the third assault on the German lines that day, each one coming back with fewer and fewer of North Carolinas finest young men.

“Ben, how things look on this end?” a young man he and several others nick named Ziggy asked, crawling along the slope of the trench. He was about twenty, younger than most of the others in Ben’s platoon, and a bit skittish too, he always jumped when an artillery shell was discharged.

“Bloody.. how about your end?”

“About the same, so have you heard any news from the West?” he asked, flinching as another artillery shell was fired, hitting just infornt of the trench.

“Got a letter from Charles, said there getting ready to go into Germany, thinks the war might be over soon…I hope he’s right.”

“Yea, yea, me too…”

“Look sharp boys! Here they come!” Ben heard someone shout as loud whistle was blown. Quickly Ben turned held his rifle level with top of the trench, making sure to keep down as far as possible while being able to shoot anyone who came near. Ziggy did the same, trying to mimic Ben.

Not long after the machine guns opened up as the German waves began to pour out of their trench's, making the deadly charge across no man’s land. Taking aim he began to shoot, waiting until they got close so as to have a larger target and a smaller chance of missing, though most didn’t make it that far.

The machine guns had made the trek across no-mans land a suicide attempt, yet everyone did it, the charges became a habit. The whistle would blow, everyone would go over the top and charge toward the enemy trench, if they took the enemy's trench they waited for everyone else to get there, and then repeated.

Pow, pow, pow, the loud shots came flying from the end of his rifle as a German soldier fell before him, the bullets riping holes in his chest. The assault only lasted a few minutes before the whistle was blown and the Sargent yelled “Over the top boys!”

Scrambling up the sandy trench slope and over the dead German that lay before him he ran toward the enemy trench, the retreating Germans in front of him and his comrade’s beside him. The whole battle always seemed to slow down to him, especially the charges. Every shot seemed to fly by him, the shots were louder, so were the screams and he could hear himself breath.

The last thing he remembered was sharp pain in his left shoulder, like someone had drove a bayonet through him, but hit like a train. The old familiar sound of the machine guns opening up could be heard echoing across the field as he fell to backward to the ground, his head slaming into the ground and then nothing but a vast expanse of black.

Last edited:
So close to the end, Johnny will be upset.

~ United Again ~

bigmapww1zy5.png

[Map of “Great War” Europe and Africa as of July 1st, 1917]

One of the most unique and special events of the war was in May 1917. After the sinking the Lusitania and Germanies unrestricted warfare on the shiping lanes the United States of America received intel from Great Britan regarding a messege they intercepted heading to Mexico.

What would be known as the Zimmerman Note, or Telegram, was an offer from Germany to Mexico, requesting their entrey into the war on the side of the Central Powers, in return, Germany promised to return the lands lost to the United States to Mexico. This would be considered the ‘breaking point’ for the United States as in Febuary they officialy broke off relations with Germany.

In May the United States declaired War on Germany and entered on the side of the Allied Powers, forming an alliance with Great Britan, France, and the Confederate States of America.

For the first time since before the War of Succession, the United States and the Confederacy would be joined once again as brothers in arms. This would open up a large new font for good relations between the two powers, both began working together, showing amazing co-operation besides there old hatreds.

While the Confederacy was experiencing victories at home they were facing even tougher battles on the homefront. The escalating rate of casualties were taking a tole on the populace as the people were slowly turning away from support of the war and demanding peace. Protests broke out all over the country demanding the government stop sending over Confederate Boys for a European cause, retreating from the stance that it was the nations honor bound duity to help Britan.

Confederate politicians began to presure Pershing to push along his plans and “Do whatever it takes” to end Confederate involvment, be it through victory or deffeat, but hopefuly victory.

~ Five hours to Doomsday ~
July 21st, 1917
Metz, Germany
French-Confederate Right Flank,

trenchswi9.jpg

Little bits of dust and dirt fell to the floor of the small dirt and wood bunker, artillery and gun fire could be heard just outside as night gentely set in on the fire scourched battlefield of Germany. Charlie lay down on the bottom bunk of the living corders set up in the trench, the trench steching the whole length of the Franco-German border and part of the Belgium-German border, creating the larges Allied trench to date. Charlie had gotten used to the constant thunder of the artillery, the ratteling of the machine guns and rife fire, all was making a home in his brain, to the point where it didn’t even bother him anymore.

“Charlie..Charile, you in here?” Goose wispered, peeking into the large room.

“Yea Goose, I’m here.” Charlie replied, stairing at the bottom of the bunk above him. Slwoly Goose entered the room and approached Charlie who was still laying down on the bed.

“Sorry to hear about Ben, I really am.” Goose finaly said at last, taking a seat on the end of the bed. Another explosion followed, each shell seemed to be getting closer and closer to the bunker. Charlie simply layed there, continuing to stair blankly up at the top of the bunker.

Clearing his voice Goose shifted his weight and pulled out a envelope and layed it on the bed. “Mail from home, that broad in the mail room has a habbit of reading others mail, so I figured I would just snach it before she got nosy, feels like theirs something in it too.”

Leaning up Charlie picked up the evelope and set it under his pillow where he had several wraped together with a rubberband. “Thanks…I will read it later.”

“Come on Charlie, I know it must be hard but you got to make it through this, HQ said were moving out in five hours, time to take the fight to Croutes.”

It didn’t matter to Charlie, all he wanted to do was what was needed and go home. He had grown tired of war, it wasn’t what he had expected, so far there was nothing glorious about it, unlike the stories he had heard about the War of Northern Agression, or The War of Succesion where the battles brought glory and fame to the combatants.

In reality it was a bloody mess, one in which most went into but did not come out, he had learned that first hand, the war was costing him everything, first his good relationship with his parents, who had provided for him all these years, and now, he lost his brother, forever.

I see the germans have Brest-Litovsked the Russians. (Shame for no real Ottoman gains)

You are in for some big trouble when all those divs east reach you, even if the US lends you dead, erm, I mean, soldiers.

(The outcome is not in question, though).

Herbert West said:
I see the germans have Brest-Litovsked the Russians. (Shame for no real Ottoman gains)

You are in for some big trouble when all those divs east reach you, even if the US lends you dead, erm, I mean, soldiers.

(The outcome is not in question, though).

Thats why I'm trying to blitz my way into Germany and in Africa. I need 30% of Germanies territories and for them to have a 70% Exaustian rate for the Germans to surrender, so hopefuly I can take their African territories and hold a line in Germany and dig in. Im also praying the Brits will keep attacking in Northern Germany, that should divide their attention.

Brest-Ltovsk scripted is sort of unfortunate, but it works I suppose. The US and CSA on the same side? Hopefully that means that they won't get into another war, though I'm surprised they lept to the defense of Britain after 2 wars against them, then again, who would've guessed Austria and Germany would be on the same side? Hopefully everyone gets to go home soon.

JimboIX said:
Brest-Ltovsk scripted is sort of unfortunate, but it works I suppose. The US and CSA on the same side? Hopefully that means that they won't get into another war, though I'm surprised they lept to the defense of Britain after 2 wars against them, then again, who would've guessed Austria and Germany would be on the same side? Hopefully everyone gets to go home soon.

The AI works in mysterious ways, especialy with events huh? :p

Relations between the Confederacy and the United States are well, I made sure to improve relations when I could to hopefuly prevent anymore future, incident.

Volga, do you read the Gaunt's Phantoms saga?

Viden said:
Volga, do you read the Gaunt's Phantoms saga?

Nope, whats it about? I could always use a good read :)

Herbert West said:
I think its Gaunts Ghosts, and is set in the Imperial Guard of Warhammer 40K.

Excellent books, and also an excellent read here Volga. It seems the Brits are being pushed out of Northern Germany, I fear this war may not be a clear victory, could lead to trouble later down the line.

~ Coming to a Close ~

As 1917 began coming to a close the allies were becoming desperate to end the war before the next year. On all the home fronts the public was becoming a major thorn in the war effort, especially in Britain who’s public was almost completely fed up with the war. Meanwhile on the military front’s the Allies were experiencing victory.

In Africa the Germans, who in the beginning had overrun much of British Africa, were being pushed back back Confederate and British forces from the North in Egypt, British forces in South Africa and French and U.S. troops from West Africa. In Europe the French and Confederate offensive earlier that year had pushed the Germans all the way back to the original borders and were preparing to make the final push into Germany.

Sadly the British were experiencing less success in their attacks on the German Northern Coast, which had been the source of much dispute among the populace of Britain. Thousands of troops were poured onto the Northern German beach's and at one point had made considerable advances, but the flood of divisions coming back from the Eastern Front gave the German military all they needed to push back the tide of British attacks.

finaloffensivehg9.png

General Pershing moved his HQ once again back from Egypt to Europe where he could direct the rest of the war, while success in Africa was being assured, Europe was another story. Pershing and military leaders from France and Belgium met to plan the Christmas offensive (above). A rift in the decision making opened up between Pershing and the French, who wanted to take what they had and continue on with the the planned assault, to keep the Germans reeling.

Pershing on the other hand wanted to wait for the rest of the French and Confederate forces coming in from Africa to partake in the assault, using the number to reduce casualties and overwhelm the, currently weak, German defenses. Pershing however was out voted and the attack went on undermanned and they would pay the price for it.

The attack began in November and would last to Christmas day. The combined French and Confederate Forces clashed in several large, and small, battles in Germany's. Both sides began pouring in troops to the front, Germans continued to come from the east while French and Confederate forces from the South in Africa.

finalassaultbattles1wy5.png

finalassaultbattles2ln9.png

The assault would be brutal, bloody, and many cases very close. This offensive would see the bloodiest battles of the war and the largest combined allied assault to date, thousands of men were used and thousands died, turning the border into a virtual hell on earth…

Looks like the last gasp of the German Empire to me. The confederates deserve colonies!

Lord Telcius said:
Long live Imperial CSA and Emperor Pershing. (thats never going to happen I know :D )

Looks like the odds are in your favor though mate.

EDIT: Who are the troops with the black and yellow flag.

You never know, politics can change pretty quickly :p

Thouse are Austrian troops, probably loaned to Germany, or not, I dunno what there doing there.