• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Telcius said:
Hmmmm, good writing and I don't mean to take away from it but I would have had the boys ask him if his parents allowed him to fight in the Civil War. But that's what I would of done. Can't wait until the next update.

Your right, that would have made it better. Im not so good at doing these kind of parts of a story, I may add a second intervention scene where Jonney tries to stop them. ;)

~ Five minutes in no-mans land ~

nomanslandhc8.jpg
[Confederate Soldiers cross no-mans land to a captured trench]​

The first year on the Western front wasn’t exactly what the Confederates were used to. The German break through finaly slew to a grinding halt and lines were drew. The fighting soon turned into a muddy, bloody mess of dug in lines of the opposing forces, which would be known as Trench Warfare. Between the two opposing lines was called no-mans land, and was called that for the reason no man could last long enough out of the trench’s to claim the ground, or it would seem.

After the enitial combat experienced by The Army of Northern Virginia whole front seemed to stop as they played second string to the French, who seemed to snub their Confederate Allies, making them wait in the rat, filth covered trenchs why they made the ‘glorious’ charges acrossed no-mans land to fight the Germans.

This did two things, both hurt the war effort. One, it helped spread resentment of the French in Confederate Ranks, who seemed to think themselves better than their allies, not to mention the Confederates were not to happy playing second string to the French either. Second, it caused massive casualties on the French side who were determined to keep up the advance.

On August 29th the Confederate soldiers finaly got what they wanted in the Late Augustus offensive. General Pershing, who had just received reinforcemnts from the states, by passed the French command and ordered the attack along with the French forces.

westernfrontbattlesln9.png

The assault was the largest to date in the western front, involving hundreds of thousands of men, both on the deffence and offense. This would be the first major operation on the Western front the Confederates would take part in, lead by General Pickering and General McCullock, supported by General Rose, the idea behind this attack was to force the German to fall back towards Germany, where hopefuly a new, stabalized front could be established.

The attack was a mixed success. General Rose’s troops were forced to pull back taking heavy casualties agesnt a large, dug in force while General Pershing and McCulloch had more luck agesnt the weaker points in the line. However, the Germans were able to make one massive stand-off agesnt the French and Confederate combined force in Troyes.

The battle was the largest seen in yet, and the bloodiest. One reported “The charge acrossed no man’s land was like a massive wave of men pouring out of the trenchs and acrossed the barren landscape, it was even worse when the German machine guns opend fire and began mowing down the front ranks.”

The land between the two lands would be drenched in blood, the bodies piled up, making it almost impossible to continue the charge without steping or falling over a fallen comrade. The attack would be a major disaster, costing the lives of thousands of French and Confederates without showing anything, after several days the operation was called off and allied forces withdrew, taking up deffensive positions in the nearby proviences.

Meanwhile the Eastern Front was looking more than bleak. The Russians were being completely over run by the combined forces of Germany, Austria and The Ottoman Emprie and were amazingly reluctant to pull out, tieing up more and more enemy divisons, but likewise costing thousands of more lives.

~ To the shores of Tripolii ~

Unlike the Western Theater, the Southern Theater was experiencing a greater success rate. The Army of Texas made a quick drive strait to the Suez Cannal and effectivly cut the Ottoman forces in Egypt off from thre rest of the empire. The fronts soon calmed down and Pershing began planing the rest of the attack on Ottoman occupied Egypt, featuring twenty new divisons fresh from the states, the Army of Sonora and the Army of North Carolina. The pan took action on April 5th, 1916 when the two armies, after a short tour in France, arrived in Egypt, 100,000 men strong each.

The next few months were spent retaking the northern territory before beginning the southward march down the Nile and to retake the rest of British Egypt.

egyptcamapinzj7.png

The next plan would be a little more brash and daring, one that was aimed to knock the Ottomans out of the war for good. While the attack on Egypt was diverting much of the available troops not on the Russian front the Army of Oklahoma would, with the support of the British fleet, land in Kavdid Greece. From there the army would then move towards the Ottoman captial of Istandbul where they planed to capture the city and force the Ottomans to a cease fire.

This was of cource a high risk plan, not much was known about the Ottoman mainland territories, nor about the possition or strength of there forces there either, which made it the utmost importance to take the Ottoman capital asap or to at least land reinforcments to back up spearhead army.

greeceinvasionpu9.png

Last edited:
Volga said:
I appologize for any horrendous (see, like that one) spelling errors, im at my Grandmothers at the moment and her spell check doesn't work and im no natural at grammer.
You spelt Horrendous right but missed on grammar :rofl:
Nah i'm just being a dick...
Anways, so the Ottomans still have the balkans... how many divisions do they have, because they look a hell of a lot stronger than they should be :eek:

Tribolute said:
You spelt Horrendous right but missed on grammar :rofl:
Nah i'm just being a dick...
Anways, so the Ottomans still have the balkans... how many divisions do they have, because they look a hell of a lot stronger than they should be :eek:

Well, they are alot stronger than normal I think, especialy with what they are doing to poor Russia. Here, Im gonna post a big map of the situation of Europe and Africa to show the current situation on the fronts in a minute.

"The Great War"
[The situation as of July 11th, 1916]

ww1bigmaptx9.png

Dr. Gonzo said:
Jesus!

Russia is dead and is that a German adance in Africa or did they own the colonies already?

Well, you would think Russia is dead, have to admire the fact that they refuse to give up even when almost completely over run, but we will just have to wait till the next update to see what happens to them aye? ;)

As for Africa, yep, that is a german advance. They had had a bit of west africa and a decent garrison, while the brits didn't have much of a garrison at all, so it didn't take long to over run the british colonies in Africa.

Russia may be dead, but given all that red in Germany may not have a lot of life left herself.

Russia is getting destroyed...they'll be out of the war soon I imagine. Let the French use their elan to make charges. Trenches could be worse.

~ A sudden change in position’s ~

By June 1916 the “Great War” had been going on for a year and five months. During that realitivly short amount of time the war had taken a devistating toll on Europe and Africa. On the Western Front the French and Confederates were fighting to push the Germans back acrossed occupied parts of France and back into Germany. The British had enjoyed rapid success in a supprise invasion of Northern Germany but slowly were being pushed back out of the country by more and more German divisons, pouring out of the fatherland.

Imperial Russia had suffered the most during the war though and had sacrafised thousands of its young men in a useless effort to hold off the Central Powers. The combined forces of Germany, The Ottoman Empire and Austria had pushed the Russian deffences back furthur and furthur and eventualy St. Petersburg fell to the Austrians, spelling sure deffeat for the Russians, but they indured.

On June 26th, 1916 the French and Russians signed a separate peace agreement with Austria. The treaty called for France and Russia to both halt all hostilities agenst Austria, who had been suffering massive amounts of internal problems, calling for more and more troops to be recalled from the front to take care of them. Not to mention their deffeats fighting in France and in Egypt had brought devistating loss’s, so much that the Austrian government sought to pull out of the war completely. The treaty signed returned the three nations back to a state of status que, the Austrian’s began to pull out of occupied territory in Russia, leaving the Germans and Ottomans to continued the fight on the eastern front alone.

russiaparistreatyzc9.png

The treat, however, did not affect their stance towards Britan, the Commonwealths, or the Confederacy, which still was still in a state of war with the Austrians, and the French were still at war with the Germans and Ottomans.

Meanwhile focus on the Western front decreased and interest on the southern and eastern fronts increase. The battle in Europe, in France, was supprisingly being won as the French and Confederate military forces slowly pushed the Germans back, while the British were faced with disaster agesnt the Germans in the north.

While the ability to hold Germany off was being proved, the Confederate effort was pushed to forcing the Ottomans to surrender, allowing the soldiers tied up in Africa and the balkans to return to France and Europe to push the Germans back. The Russians, who had been given a break with the pull out of Austria enjoyed only a brief peace, when the Germans pushed a large number of troops to the Eastern Front and took off where the Austrians left off.

~ Operation: Elin ~

operationelinpi1.png

General Pershing began concentrating more and more on the Southern and Eastern fronts, even going as far to move his base of opperations closer to the fighting in Alexandria, Egypt. Operation Elin, would focus on the Army of South Carolina traveling down the Nile, which the operation got its name from, (Nile – Elin) to reclaim the most important lands in Egypt while the second army, the Army of North Carolina, would turn around northward and reclaim the rest of the lands in northern Egypt. The task would not be as much a matter of deffeating the Ottomans, which were quickly being sweapt aside, but the harsh egyptian deserts, which took more lives than actual combat.

battleinelincampainit7.png

[The Battles that took place during Operation: Elin’s beginning]​

The operation would be an outstanding success as the Ottomans were driven back furthur and furthur Southward towards German occupied Africa. Initaly the operation was to just retake Egypt, but requests for assistance by the British government changed the plan up. The task of recapturing the rest of Egypt fell to the Army of North Carolina, while the Army of South Carolina would coninue southward to fight the Germans in Africa.

Meanwhile, the invasion in Greece had landed and was a success, catching the Ottomans completely off guard. Rapidly advancing towards Istanbul the Army of Oklahoma met little resistance, and sweeping aside any resistance it did meet. The city soon feel to the Confederate advance and, thanks to intervention of the Army of Arkanas who warded away an attack coming in from Greece.

istanbuljs0.png

~ The October Offence ~

westernfrontxx7.png

In mid October, 1916 French and Confederate officials devised a plan to cut off and destroy the German occupants of France, one that would require the utmost co-operation and disipline of there soldiers. The attack was started by a German counter-offensive in the French provience of Blois, which tied up many German troops in front of the German lines. The French forces near the German border would sweep around and attack the rear of the line, along with supporting French and Confederate forces from the other side of the line, this would hopefuly cut the line off from the mainland and leave the German forces stranded in France, out of supplies and surrounded.

Another attack would center on keeping the troops near the center and front of the line busy long enough for the rear attack to do its jobs. An attack was planned for Moulins, where a large number of the German occupation force was located. The attack would come from both sides of the German line, aiming to force the Germans to split their forces and fight on two fronts.

This would hopefuly either end in the destruction of the German forces, or the forced pull out of France, one way or another, victory had to be obtained, it was neccisary in the Allied commanders eyes.

A successful bit of war, but the Confederacy is a long way from being done- what does she hope to take from the peace?

Jape said:
Excellent work from the Confederates but how goes the Union? Are they preparing for war?

Well they have mobilized, but I figure thats because I have mobilized. Im hoping the rest of the scenario will play out to where they join, since I bet when Russia gives in things will heat up a bit.

JimboIX said:
A successful bit of war, but the Confederacy is a long way from being done- what does she hope to take from the peace?

Very true, a very long way - Im shooting to make the Ottomans to pay war indemidies and, if my next plan works out, force them out of Saudi Arabia.

Next update, maby the next couple, will cover Jonney's kids life while attached to the Army of South Carolina, and perhapse here a bit more from Jonney himself.

~ Turkeys CAN fly ~

1stbilletismaliaoh2.jpg

“Ace of spades boys, looks like its my lucky night.” Charles chuckled, sliding his had across the table and pulling his winnings over to his side of the table.

“Ah forget this man, I'm saving what money and smokes I got left getting out of here.” One of the men siting at the small table said, throwing down a used cigarette in the sand and stomping it out.

“Yea man, me too, see ya Charlie.” Another said, “Later Ben.”

“For the love Jesus Charlie, do you always have to win.” Ben said, aggravated at his older brother and throwing his hand of cards down on the table. The cool wind blew gently off the Red Sea, rolling across the sand dunes of Egypt westward toward the outer expanses of the western desert.

Taking a drag of a cigarette then blowing out he smiled and shrugged. “Can’t help it Ben, if there gonna be sore losers then they shouldn't’t play. Simple as that.” The young North Carolinian had learned from his old man how to be a skilled poker player, one of the many things he learned during his time in the service.

A large, bright moon hung over the scattered out camp along the shore of the Red Sea, ever watchful over the ancient land of Egypt, keeping guard the secrets it held, locked away under the dunes and sands of the country. Charlie never thought he would ever see anything else like it, expecting to spend his life North Carolina, maby seeing as far as Richmond, but probably no further.

Joining the military was, to him, the only way to get out of North Carolina, out of the rut he had lived in for so long, but it had come with a price, the price of upsetting his father and mother who had provided and fought for him, their entire lives.

The crackle of the small fire caught his attention as several other young men from his unit came over, siting down on a large slab of rock Charlie and Ben had pulled up from the shore to use as a sort-of couch. “Hey guy, hows it goin?” one of the boys said, smiling as he sat down with a small guitar.

“Not bad,” Ben replied, tossing a small stick he had started to whittle into the fire. “Thought if would be nice to listen to some music while we wait for order to move out, bought while passing through Alexandria, you won’t believe what these people will trade stuff for..”

“Yea, yea, we’ve all heard this story before, just play the blasted thing.” Another one of the boys said, elbowing him in the ribs with a chuckle. Slowly the sweet sound of music began to pour, ever so gently, out of the small guitar. “A little bit of home come to the front huh?” he said laughing.

“So I hear we got the Germans down south of us nervous, seems like those damn turkeys we been chasing all over this god forsaken country got to the Germans before we did.”

“I can’t wait to fight someone who will stay around long enough to fight, from what I hear the German’s in France have been putting up quite the show.” Ben replied to the other boy, nick-named Goose, for some odd reason.

“I dunno about that now Ben, I also hear it’s a bloodbath up there too.” Another boy, Chase, added to the conversation.

“Why ruin something good? Huh little bother? I prefer to be hiking down Nile or along the Red Sea than playing second string to those self absorbed fogies in France. I mean after all, down here its just us and the British, the French are too busy with their own problems to mess with us down here.”

“Jeez Charlie, no need to snap at the poor fellow. Hey, you know whats even better? Someone leaked out O’l Black Jacks next plan for us after Egypt, seems like were gonna be taking it too these turkeys in Arabia, gonna march up the coast into Mecca and up the coast all the way to Istanbul, things look like they may be heating up..you think you can stand the heat?” Goose said, half joking at Charlie and rest of the men.

The conversation was interrupted by the sound of gun fire off in the distance, ever so light, but none the less caught there attention. Off in the distance, to the north, a faint light could be, popping up every once in awhile to light up the dusty horizon.

“Must be the South Carolinian’s…”

“Or the British one.” Someone else interrupted, leaning over to the side to get a better view.

“Yea, looks like they finally met some more of those turks on our backside.” Goose said, turning back to the fire before getting up and stretching. “Well boys, I'm off to my tent, want to be fresh for whenever the General decides its time to move out. I would advise you guys to do the same, I sure as hell don’t want to have to be picking up all your slack.”

“Get out of here goose.” The group said at the same time before slowly dispersing and heading back to their tents.

“Charlie..” Ben said after awhile.

“Yea Ben.”

“I miss Ma and Pa…I feel kind of bad for just leaving them like that you know.” He said solemnly, kicking sand over the fire and stomping it out.

“Yea Ben, I know, me too.”

Last edited:
excellent series of updates... lets hope the Ottomans get pushed out of the war soon which will relieve som pressure and give you a chance to taek the Austrians out

Poor Russia! :eek:

Nice work all round I have to say though, especially vs the Ottomans. :)

I think you have an excellent chance to knock the Ottomans out soon, which will give Russia a fighting chance. Hopefully everyone can go home soon.

What is it with Confederates capturing Constantinople in AAR's? :D

~ Success, Comrade ~

rusinzx5.jpg

The Mid- October offensive was a remarkable success was the combined French and Confederate forces began to push the Germans back as there lines collapsed. The next few month and into the 1917 the attack was pressed, and pressed hard as the offense rolled on, keeping the Germans from reorganizing enough for a counter offensive.

Meanwhile intelligence reports learned, too late, of the Germans plan to instigate a revolution in Russia with the return of the Communist crusader, Vladamir Lennon. Germaine's plans payed off in March, 1917 when the Bolsheviks seized power in Russia and made peace with the Germans and Ottomans.

Vast tracks of land were ceded to the Germans in the treaty, as well as the creation of several new nations who broke away during the fall of the Czar. Suddenly things had become more dangerous for the Allied war effort, for soon enough the troops that had been tied up on the Eastern Front would begin flooding to the west.

The recent development forced General Pershing to speed up his plans for the Ottomans, resulting in a rushed dash for the East. A mass invasion of the middle east was ordered in hopes to force the Ottomans out of the war and relieve some pressure on the forces in Istanbul and the area around the city.

marchsouthoffensivecm6.png

The invasion would last through the rest of the month and Confederate forces were able to push the Ottomans back to Jerusalem where the soldiers were ready to make the final push into the Ottoman controlled middle east. The day before the next push Confederate officials met with the Ottoman rulers and a deal was Finlay struck, The Ottomans would pay for the costs of the war with the Confederacy and drop there support of Germany and drop out of the war completely.

Almost immediately after the soldiers were redirected toward German occupied Africa and toward the Western front where the allied forces were preparing for the final push into German occupied France and into Germany itself.

~ Back West ~

Meanwhile the more and more soldiers were being thrown toward the German border. The attack had isolated and surrounded ten German divisions in Dijon. The attack on the German surrounded divisions would be one of the bloodiest of the war as over three hundred thousand allied soldiers were thrown at the surrounded Germans, who were expected to surrender, they didn’t. The German defenders fought hard, and fought to the last man, casualties were massive and the area had been, for the lack of a better phrase, blown to all to hell, the once gentle, beautiful French countryside had been burned to a barren crisp by artillery and fighting.

westernfrontendtimesyy8.png

Despite the German’s valiant defense they were pushed back and eventually over the border. Even better, Belgium had decided to come out of neutrality with an alliance with France, adding a new addition to the Western Front and more soldiers to the war.

EDIT: Never mind, got the pics and other stuff fixed.

Last edited:
Russia revolted its way out of the war again, the Confederates had better make sure no one neglects them at the peace table.