• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's annoying. The AI is relentlessly stubborn like that, one of my least favorite things about Victoria- I say take what the game gives you and work with it if you can, though if the AI does something really ridiculous I suppose you could intervene. As is, it looks like you can rally- even if you lose this war, it doesn't mean the Confederacy is done with.

I don't intend on loosing, but hopefuly I can force them to a cease fire or somthing.

In the fore ground stood the large fortifications of the “Stonewall” Line, manned by the finest men the Confederacy had to offer, the men of the Army of Northern Virginia. Behind it was a sea of tents smaller facilities to aid the soldiers while at the front and in the center of the camp was General Jacksons tent.

The men cheered loud as President Benjamin rode his horse through the camp towards Jefferson’s tent. The men were tired, dirty, and beat from more the unclean and comfortable of the camp, though little else could be expected from front. Making his way through the camp he finally came to the large tent that Jackson had set up as his command center and entered.

The men inside immediately stood and saluted Benjamin before getting back to work. Jackson too stood and saluted as the President approached him and shook his hand before taking a seat at the table he was sitting at.

“Mr. President, we have developed what we believe will be a decisive blow to the United States and bring this war to a swift end.” He said, laying out a map of North America.

“It will of coerce need your approval. This will greatly depend on our navy to make way for an invasion of New England. Reports tell us that the U.S. forces are greatly massed along the border, leaving the coast of New England un protected. If we can keep them detained here long enough to land an invasion force in New England we can force them to split there men on the Eastern Front or pull men away from the Western Front, one of the two. “ he said, pointing out the intended landing spots on the map before continuing.

“I would lead the original invasion force which will be the Army of Northern Virginia while several mobilized division’s take our place here. Once we have a landing point established we will send in more men begin seizing the region.” They continued to work out the minor details before Judah approved it.

“Make it happen General, I don’t want this war to continue for long, the people are already up in arms about sending money to Argentina and the continuing strengthen of the Federal Government. General Jackson, once again the fate of the Confederacy is in your hands…if only Robert E. Lee was still alive…” he said, grabbing Jackson’s hand and shaking it.

“I trust to see your army coming from the opposite direction in the following months.” He commented with a sly smile before nodding and walking back out, greeting the men as he went.

Daring- just might work, provided the Union Navy can be defeated- at least long enough for you to land in New York.

They also have claims on western Virginia, suppose because I took back contol before they had time to break off from Virginia.

An invasion of New England, could be just the thing to win you the war. Or if Jackson gets caught alone up there, could end your war efforts right quick.

*​

The second war, which would be more popularly known as “The Second War of Northern Aggression” would have a mixed affect on the Confederacy. The opening months of the was a bloody ordeal in the west, attempts to retake Tucson again were made and eventually pushed them back with support from the surrounding parts of the State, stabilizing the west from Union attack, but not from internal.

During the duration of the war riots broke out, not protests, but riots, along the border states with union sympathizers. Most could be put down quickly, but one in particular in Arizona came to a long three-day battle in Buena Vista, resulting in the complete annihilation of the rioters.

While most of the combat had come to a stand still on land, the same could not be said for on the high seas. The C.S.N. Atlantic Fleet, consisting of five Iron Clad’s (bought with the money from the Virginius incident) patrolled the New England cost hunting for U.S. Ships as apart of the plan devised by Jackson to end the war swiftly. The Superior Confederate navy tore the U.S. Atlantic Fleet to pieces, chasing them wherever they went, until finally the remnants were no longer a threat.

On January 5th 1876 The Army of Georgia landed in Portland, New England with fifty thousand Confederate soldiers. A few days later on January 10th another landing was made by the Army of Northern Virginia under Stonewall Jackson, this time in Concord, New England; The surprise landing sent a shock wave of fear throughout the United States as The Army of Georgia seized all of northern New England.

Soon troops were pulled from all over the line to respond to the attack, only to be hit again by more landings in Salisbury, Wilmington, Atlantic City and New Ark, a total of around One Hundred and Fifty Thousand soldiers over the coerce of a few days in the Month of September. Following came several large battles as the United States forces tried to push the invaders back into the sea, each one severe and bloody, only holding on by a thread did the Confederate army hold their ground.

*​

Mean while on the home front the war caused an explosion of railroad development, railroad companies all over the nation pulled together to reach the highest standard of railroad production the nation had ever seen, covering most of the nation, save for a few areas in the west, with the high grade railroads. On the political front things were heating up as well. Since the beginning of the war secret talks had been frequently held with Great Britain in an attempt to bring them into the war, while the President had faith in Jackson, the United States was still and industrial giant who had nearly three times the population the Confederacy had to call upon for soldiers.

Talk went on for days, days turned into weeks, and weeks into months before a deal was Finlay struck up. In exchange for European Intervention, the Confederacy was going to have to trade in one of its most…con traversal practices, slavery.

On December 18th Congress met and agreed to cave into Britons demands Suddenly emancipated the slaves.

emancipationbo9.png

[ Note: I chose Sudden Emancipation ]​

Almost immediately there were riots which caused for Federal troops to put them down, many state governments were also made (secretly by force) to support the emancipation which lead to many bloody encounters. While the idea of freeing the slaves was looked down upon, a new system of slavery would be implemented, which would be sharecropping. This new form was basically the same thing, only the plantation owners would have to pay for their labor, the new ‘freemen’ of the south were restricted to basically only living and working, with basically no rights, if any at all.

A day after the emancipation the largest offensive/retreat was launched by Jacksons force in the New England. Taking advantage of the promise of new support and Britain’s declaration of war agents the United States an attack was launched agents Boston, Burlington, and New York while the forces in Maryland pulled out to join the soldiers in New York.

newenglandattackeq8.png

The overwhelming attack agents Boston quickly bared fruit as the U.S. Garrison was pushed out. U.S. Leaders had, on the other hand, decided that they were not going to allow New York fall into the hands of the Confederacy and proceeded to send more and more soldiers to battle. Here Jackson too decided to make his stand, ordering all forces in the area to aid the Army of Louisiana and destroy the U.S. Forces.

It wasn’t long before eighteen U.S. Division came to the aid of the New York Defenders, and the same with Confederate Forces. During the battle the U.S. garrison in Burlington broke, freeing up the Army of Georgia to head to New York.

By the time battle reached its climax there were nearly one hundred and eighty thousand soldiers on the Union side and two hundred and ten thousand soldiers on the Confederate side. Slowly the Confederate armies began to surround and envelope the Union troops, kill all but around ten thousand soldiers, who narrowly escaped the slaughter.

screensave66sv2.png

Things are definitely turning in your favor, with the Brits drawn in your victory chances are looking good, the more fronts the merrier. Best not to take anymore core union provinces, all the same..

May 23rd, 1876​

The sun set on the New York harbor as The Virginius sailed into port. Even near nightfall the port was full of activity, ships coming in and out loading off medical supplies and food, soldiers patrolling before turning in for the night. There was also the New York nightlife at that, despite being occupied by a ‘foreign’ power, the big city life didn’t slow down for anything.

“We will drop off our load and then head to the front to check out things from there. The rest of the fleet should be coming in soon as well.” Roy said, standing at the front of the ship looking towards the city.

“I don’t believe I have seen anything like it, I mean Richmond isn’t even this….impressive.” Jonney replied, standing beside his friend.

Turning to Jonney, Roy nodded. “That’s what industry and being a big port city does to a city, I mean look at it, its all…slummy.” He said in what could be called disgust. The city was cramp, full of people from all over the world who came to the United States to seek a new life.

“Aww, come on Roy, its not that bad, lets just try to enjoy it while it lasts.” Jonney replied, turning to direct the new crew as the ship glided into port. Roy had changed a lot since his cousins murder and the incident in Cuba, he became more serious and mean, he obtained a more fighting spirit, Jonney supposed that’s why he volunteered the ship when the war broke out.

It seemed pretty weird to Jonney that they would be running guns again, well it was legal this time and for the war effort, but none the less it was pretty strange, ironic maybe?

“Alright lets go! Lets go! Get these crates off the ship now!” he shouted, watching the crew work as the large loading ramp was lowered to the dock and the crates of guns, food and medical supplies were rolled down onto the dock. Running his right hand through his hair he stopped to scratch his head before heading down to the ramp, Roy following, and catching a carriage.

“Where to chief.” The carriage driver said in a heavy northern accent as the carriage came to a slow stop.

“We would like to see the front and get a tour of the city.” Roy said, stepping up into the carriage, followed by Jonney.

“Righte o’ Chief” he replied, closing the carriage door and climbing back up onto the drivers seat. The carriage was a black, leather interior, obviously one of the more well-known and profitable cab companies in the city. The carriage took off at a moderate pace, traveling along the well-paved roads down the main street. Much of the city was still intact, but there were visible scars of the previous battle.

“Much of the city is off limits at the moment sir’s, the Main streets are open for business, which you can see plainly, while most of the residential areas have been closed off by General Jackson, so as not to disturb normal life as possible. We will be passing by Wall Street here shortly.” The driver commented, pointing out the specifics as he went along.

Sitting opposite of Roy Jonney began to speak. “It would have been nice to have visited this place under different circumstances, I have been away from home so long I think it will be just about as surprising and strange as this place.”

“I will, defiantly, especially now that Congress has freed the Negro’s.” he mention in his same plain, testy tone. “Should have expected it sooner or later, but it should have been up to us when it happened, and not because the damn Brits over there in England think to stick there nose in our business.”

“Come on now Roy, don’t be so hateful. Sure it will be different, and you said it yourself, it would have happened sooner or later.”

“The point isn’t that it happened, but that we did it because the Brits held it over our head in order for them to support us, besides, at the rate their going the war will be over by the time they get here.”

Jonney just rolled his eyes and looked out the window, Roy was so impossible at times it was infuriating. About an hour later they were outside the city and the carriage came to a stop.

“Here we are gents. This is as far as I can take you, General Jackson isn’t allowing any one into the camp unless there a soldier or diplomat.”

“Thank you, here’s the fee and a tip.” Jonney said, pulling out some money from his billfold and handing it the man. “Keep the carriage here, we won’t be long.” Roy added, stepping out. In the distance could be several thousand little white dots, which would be the tents put up by the Army of Northern Virginia.

“It won’t be long until they move again, or the Union army moves again, it will be best if we prepare for the worst if it does happen.”

“Don’t worry Roy, we may have lost Lee back in Seventy, but we still have Jackson.” Jonney replied, taking out a pair of binoculars and scooping out the front. Smoke could be seen coming from the tents as well as more little figures moving about.

“Roy, it doesn’t matter who we have, what matters is what we have, and what we have I fear is not enough. Come on, lets get back to boat, I don’t want the men getting out and drunk with big city life, its already hard enough to tear them away when we hit land.”

*​

Last edited:
June 1st, 1876​

With the battle for New York won and the largest deffeat ever suffered by the United States behind them Jackson and his men setteled in for a long stay, determined to hold the territory as long as possible until British aid arrived. During that time an attack was made into Atlantic City, which would turn into one of the most memorial events of war.

On June 10th, just four days before the arrival of the British, an all out attack on Atlantic City was made by General Hood and the Army of Georgia, taking his fifty thousand men agenst a smaller force of fourty thousand. The importance of this event wasn’t because it was a great victory, but because of the brutality of it and the worst case of cruilty shown towards the civilian populace in Confederate History.

burnatlafd8.jpg

[ The following is an account of the Battle of Atlantic City and brutality that followed ]​

The first day of the battle was marked by by the worst bloodshead seen in the eastern theater since the beginning of the war. U.S. forces fought bitterly for every inch outside of the city before falling back into the city. The second day would prove more dangerous as the Army of Central Kentucky, led by General Bragg’s arrived with artillery and commenced the terror bombing of the civilan areas in an effort ot draw the U.S. forces out of the city and into open combat but failed in doing so.

About mid afternoon the artillery barrage was lifted as soldiers from the Army of Georgia moved into the city, only to be met with sparatic gunfire from the cities building. The small battle in the city lated only a few hours before the soldiers were forced to pull out due to tremendous casualties being taken.

A few moment later the cannon fire began again, one shell straying off cource and hiting an amunicians factory that exploded, seting a large part of the city ablaze. The fire continued to ravage the city through the night as the citizens attempted to flee the city, while other tried to put out the flame, but largely to no avail.

The next mourning, in the early hours, men moved in from all over the city and began rounding up the citizens, taking along thouse who would show them were the Union ‘insurgents’ were hiding, thouse who would not comply were rounded up, the property and belongings siezed and sent to jail. Another fire was set again, this one purposly, along the most active areas in the city to drive the insurgents out, the plan worked, better than atensipated.

Thouse who were not burned alive, were shot by Confederate snipers set up in ‘safe zones’ around were the fire raged. Many of thouse who were shot, were not U.S. soldiers, but civilians trying escape the blaze. This marked the high point in the atrocities as most of the civilian populace was rounded up and barred to the slums of city, thouse which were not burned to an ash that is, while the remaints of the Union soldiers were pushed out and the city finaly captured.

*​

June 14th saw a great day, and grim day for the Confederacy. News of the brutality in Atlantic City had got out to the mass’s and while it ment little to most of the Confederacy, it outraged the public in the United States and was made as a rallying cry for the U.S. forces and caused several attcks agenst holding in the New England but were forced off by the sudden arrival of the British expedition force in Salsbury.

Unexpedly sixteen divisons landed in eastern Maryland and soundly deffeated the U.S. respondants. This lead to Jacksons March offensivea month later in which The Army of Northern Virginia joined the British army in an all out attack on Philidelphia. In response to this soldiers from all around the Union line joined the battle in a counter offensive into New York which was stalled.

The landing looks like it won the war for you- a brilliant way to avoid the quagmire that the Stonewall line could descend into, wars aren't won on the defensive, as Jackson knows. Good luck making the peace- don't be too greedy. I'd expect the Brits to want something for their trouble though.

Not winning yourself many friends there. Atrocities like the Atlantic City massacre may turn the world against you.

Don't be greedy, but try to see if you can restrict them to the Atlantic Coast, take at leat Califonia and Oregon I would say. The Brits got the slaves free so they probally won't want much. Like Jimbo said that amphibous assult pretty much won the war for you. Congrats.

Last edited:
JimboIX said:
The landing looks like it won the war for you- a brilliant way to avoid the quagmire that the Stonewall line could descend into, wars aren't won on the defensive, as Jackson knows. Good luck making the peace- don't be too greedy. I'd expect the Brits to want something for their trouble though.

Im not looking to get anything in return except a White Peace, and they don't even want to do that.

Estonianzulu said:
Not winning yourself many friends there. Atrocities like the Atlantic City massacre may turn the world against you.

True enough, Hood acted on his own there and won't go unpunished. It certainly doesnt help the already bad blood between the U.S. and C.S. either.

Lord Telcius said:
Don't be greedy, but try to see if you can restrict them to the Atlantic COast, take at leat Califonia and Oregon I would say. The Brits got the slaves free so they probally won't want much. Like Jimbo said that amphibous assult pretty much won the war for you. Congrats.

My war score is only 25 or so, I don't think that will be enough to demand California from them. Like I said previously, Im not looking for any new additions along the the border, Cuba yes, but I intend to expand away from the U.S. as Britan may not be there to help me out next time.

June 14th saw a great day, and grim day for the Confederacy. News of the brutality in Atlantic City had got out to the mass’s and while it ment little to most of the Confederacy, it outraged the public in the United States and was made as a rallying cry for the U.S. forces and caused several attcks agenst holding in the New England but were forced off by the sudden arrival of the British expedition force in Salsbury.

Unexpedly sixteen divisons landed in eastern Maryland and soundly deffeated the U.S. respondants. This lead to Jacksons March offensivea month later in which The Army of Northern Virginia joined the British army in an all out attack on Philidelphia. In response to this soldiers from all around the Union line joined the battle in a counter offensive into New York which was stalled.

Meanwhile in Philidelphia the battle was turning into a long, drawn out meat grinder….

endtimesgp9.png

Jacksons Army of Northern Virginia arrived in Philidelphia on June 20th and engaged U.S. troops almost immediately. The first day of combat lead to an all out brawl and heavy casualties, the first counter attack war repulsed, giving the army a small window of opportunity to dig in, taking up deffensive positons along a small ridge. The next mourning the U.S. Army of Maryland arrived and in full force, an estimated one hundred thousand fresh, veterin soldiers began the siege of Jacksons lines.

Dug in the Union army crash’s like waves on a rock, but not without doing its share of damage, slowly erroding the left flank. For the next nineteen days the battle raged on, taking terrible tolls on the soldiers physicaly and mentaly.

“The trenchs we dug smelled of death, it had to be the most disgusting situation I have ever been in. Moral was down, the Union troops just kept coming at us, over and over, we could hardly take a few minutes to rest without the charge bugel blowing again.”

One reported while the situation continued to deteriate as the casualties piled up.Relief finaly came on March 12th when the British 1st Army arrived and began smashing the Union right. Three days later news arrived from New York that the U.S. forces had been deffeated and routed, just as the Army of Maryland fell back from excess casualties.

battleforphilly1tx2.png

What a horrific battle, hopefully after Philadelphia the Union will talk peace. I think if you could get them to get rid of any claims on you, that would be the most helpful thing, otherwise It's hard to believe they won't come knocking again when the UK isn't ready to step in.

~ An end to the bloodshead ~

As fate would have it, the war would last only eight more bloody, painful days. Peace talks between the Confederacy and the United States (conducted by President Benjamin himself) would prove to be un-fruitful, the talks between the U.S. and Britan would be more prosperous. Delegates from the C.S.A, U.S.A. and Britan all met on the British Warship H.M.S. Victoria in New York to discuss an end to the confilict…

March 16th, 1877​

A large crowed gathered around the docks, soldiers, citizens, sailors, all cramed together in one big mosh pit as they tired to get a glimps of the seeming celebraties gathering abored the large British warship. For the first time since the war a temperary cease fire had been declaired and the people could breath freely as the peace talks were going on, which would last eight days. Of cource most people were more concerned about getting the first glimps of the presidents from the U.S. and C.S. both.

Jonney stood pressed up agesnt the rail as he watched many high classed citizens bord the boat to watch the talks. Soon following, under heavy protection from the U.S. secret service, was President Hannibal Hamlin of the United States, the crowed cheering him on as he walked up ramp, tiping his hat to the populace as he passed, of cource, there were not cheers from the Confederate troops. Next would come President Juda Benjamin who received thunderous applause from the soldiers and sailors of the Confederacy, not so much from the citizens of New York though.

Working his way through the crowed he found his way out and into a small clearing of sorts were several officers and naval captains were standing around talking.

“Hello there gents, mind if I join you?” he asked, leaning up ageist the wall of a nearby building and lighting a small pipe.

“Not at all.” One said, in a raspy voice letting out a big puff of smoke.

“It’s a rare occasion that we get time to smoke a good pipe, Jackson’s been hard on us the whole way through, though I don’t suppose I can complain, it got us through Philly.” Another said, taking a deep breath. Jonney eyes widened as he turned to the man.

”You were at Philly? Heard it was meat grinder…”

“We would prefer not to speak of it, if you don’t mind…?”

“Jonathon Heath.” He replied, pulling away from the obviously touchy subject.

“I’m Tom Myers, this is David Andrews and that’s Keith Olman.” He replied soon after, pointing out each of the men with pipes in their mouths. Each one obviously seasoned veterans acknowledged Jonney in one way or another, but most couldn’t really care less about him.

Leaning ageist the wall he just listened to the conversations and relaxed, watching the crowed of people move back in forth, trying always to get a better view of things. He wondered, he hoped, to himself that this would be the end of the war, he didn’t care for who got what, but just for an end to the fighting, an end to the bloodshed and maybe a return to some form of normal life.

oh yea, I would like to ask a favor of the readers, if you have any tips on how to improve the story or writing style, please fill free to PM me or post them here, I want to hear what you like, dislike, the whole works so I can improve as I go along and make the next AAR in Doomsday even better. thanks again everyone and I appreciate you reading my hard work :)

Last edited:
Quite a decent map and enjoying the story thus far! You could somehow get the British to recieve Detroit in the peace process or something which would later be added to the Dominion of Canada I presume but still, glad you are just going for a white peace. ;)

Anyway, looking forward to what happens next and glad you think good of the suggestion of the Philippines. Would certainly make for an interesting "Great War" later on. :D

A fittingly anticlimatic end to the war after the battle, the peace seems an afterthought. What were the terms, white peace? I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again down the line.