• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I daresay a shell cuts through air a whole deal easier than a knife does through butter.

But otherwise - a spirited fight. And what's with the Mexican expansion? That's unusual.

RGB said:
I daresay a shell cuts through air a whole deal easier than a knife does through butter.

But otherwise - a spirited fight. And what's with the Mexican expansion? That's unusual.

The Mexican expansion is an event in the SR mod that gives you a random chance of annexing Sonora and Chihuahua from mexico, it can end good with no war with mexico, bad with war with mexico, or nothing could happen at all.

From here on out I am going to introduce a story character, Jonney Heath, who I plan to follow his life during the war and after it to add some more depth, hope you injoy :)

dcinvasionbo0.jpg

O, I wish I was in Dixie!
Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away,
Away down south in Dixie!

Old Missus marry Will, the weaver,
William was a gay deceiver
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

But when he put his arm around her
He smiled as fierce as a forty pounder
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

*​

The chorse was sang over and over as the soldiers sailed with high spirits acrossed the Potomac river. The small transport boats were packed full, each man had little to no room to move but the crampt corders could not hinder there spirtis. On the horizen sat necsseled in the corner of the Potomac river and its eastern branch was the Union captial of Washington itself. The roar of cannons soon errupted over the singing, flying high over head before slaming into the city docks where they were headed.

“Its almost time Jonney!” Gerald Harrison said, nudging Jonney with the end of his rifle. Jonney didn’t want to think of it, unlike most of the men in his boat, Jonney was more scared than excited though he tried not to show it.

“Sure is Harrison, about time too, I can’t wait to teach these Yankee’s a lesson.” He lied, putting on a fake grin. In fact it was the last thing he wanted to do right now. Jonney was a simple farm boy from North Carolina, just barely turning eighteen when the Conscription Act was passed and he was drafted into the Army of Northern Virginia for Operation ARK. He had golden blond hair, was about 5’5 and an even tan that was the resault of the hard farming lifestyle as well as eyes as blue as the ocean. All Jonney wanted to do was return home and live out his life in peace, he supported the Confederacy of cource, his father was an avid succesionist, believing that the Union had become corrupt and tyrannical, but Jonney was never in to politics and simply followed what he thought to be right. At that moment he began to dought if all this was worth it, all the bloodshead, the betrayel of family members and brothers, the war, it all seemed to come at an all to expensivie price…the battles at Staunton and Manassas proved that to him in his eyes.

“Alright men! Were nearing the shore, when we hit the docks expect to take heavy fire, the yankee’s are dug in deep and will fight tooth and nail for the city! Our inteligence tells us they have set up a blockade into the city and are making there stand there, its our job as the first wave to secure the docks to make way for the rest of the army, look sharp men, its our time to shine!” the grizzled company commander shouted to the men over the cannon fire. The singing had stoped as the air became thick with smoke and tension, what had once been confidence and anticipation became fear and horror as the boat fell silent.

Boom, boom, boom, was all that could be heard as the boat came closer and closer to the docks. With every inch the boat got closer to the enemy the tigher Jonneys grip got on the gun, his palms began to sweat something fearce as his hear raced with with every cannon shot.

“Don’t worry Jonney, we’ll make it through this, and then we can go home and I’ll buy you drink on me.” Harrison said, trying to lift his spirts and calm his nerves. The 5’4 boy had brown hair and was tanned, both he and Jonney worked together on Jonney’s fathers farm and grew up together as best friends, thick as theives, the two boys did everything together.

Jonney looked over to Harrison, who was standing to his left and grined. “Don’t think I won’t take you up on that when we get out of here Harrison.” His grip on the gun eased up a little bit while trying to force himself to calm down, it seemed to be finaly working…a bit. The trolly soon came to an abrupt stop, jarring the small garrison of men as the gate in front of them let down.

“Here we go boy!” shouted the commander as he drew his saber and charged out, the men yelled and followed after but several stoped just as they left the boat, something happened, they acted as if they had ran strait into a wall, knocking them back on the ground in a cloud of blood. The bullets from a union volley riped through the front ranks, bullets flew into the iron trolly, rickashading off the walls and into the men. Closing his eyes Jonney charged out over the dead bodies, triping over his fallen commander and hiting the ground with a thud, the top of his head catching the edge of a shattered stone.

Cringing he rolled over and looked around, his vison blurred as tears came to his eyes and gash in his head seemed to bleed freely. Ripping the sleave off his of his shirt he tied it around his head, trying to stop the bleading. “Jonney! Over here!” he heard someone shout, looking around he could see Harrison and several other men from his company crouched down behind a bunch of splintered crates.

“Hold on Harrison! Stay there!” he shouted, his hands sweating more perfusely now, in fact, his whole body seemed to drenched in sweat. Antoher volley fired, bullets flew over head as several more men fell from another company, looking behind him he could see more men pouring out of the trollies, making there way up into the docks.

“Dear god if you can hear me now, give me winged feet.” Jonney said to himself, pulling out a rossery he carried with him around his neck and kissing it. Scrambling to his feet he charged out towards where Harrison and the others were. For that moment it seemed like every Union sniper turned to target him as shot after shot was fired, missing him only by inch’s, dirt and rock flew up from where the shot hit the ground near his heals, a piece of shraptnel even flew up and his him in lower arm. Wincing in pain he began to stumble and fell to the ground, sliding on the rough stone docks and barely making it behind the crates.

“My god Jonney, your hurt!” Harrison exclaimed in concern for his friend, the two had always looked out for each other, they were like brothers.

“Its fine, I’m fine, don’t worry about it.” He said, tearing the other sleave off and wraping it around his arm, tieing it tight. The pain was immence, but suprising he flet little of it at the moment, the adrinaline pumping numbed the pain and allowed him to continue on, which normal circumstances would not have allowed.

“They have us pinned down Jonney, Pete and George tried to make a run for it but they were gunned down faster than they had time to run. Charles, Wray and I stayed put, but heck, everythime we stick even the tip of our guns out we get shot at!” he continued on, the boddies of the two men he spoke lay not far from the group in a pool of blood.

“Gerald.” Jonney hardly ever called Harrison by his first name, only when they were serious did he ever use his first name. “Gerald..” he repeated, looking down at his gun and then back up. “We have to make a run for it, look, if we can make it to the men in the left flank we can at least put up a decent fight.” Nodded toward the far left where the 8th and 7th companies were gaining a foothold.

“If we stay here were done for, that’s all there is to it...” he was interupted by another pullet slambing into the wooden crates, sending splinters of wood flying everywere, the men, covering there eyes continued to listin.

“If we wait until they fire another volley we can make a run for it, we have to worry about the snipers, but I reffuse to set here like a coward, are you with me?” he asked, looking at the three men for awhile before Harrison spoke.

“God you know I’m no coward Jonney…give the word when its time to go.” Harrison said, followed by agreement from Pete and George. The four men crept down and waited, and sure enough another volly was fired. “GO!” Jonney shouted as he lept from his hiding spot and charged forward. Following came Harrison and then Pete, George soon fell to the ground, taking a shot to the chest which sent him flying into the ground. The ground around them seemed to explode as shot after shot was fired, a cloud of dirt and rock sprung up, covering them as they ran.

The next thing he knew he was thrown through the air, his hearing seemed to be gone and his vison once again blurred. Not realizing what had happened unti he hit the ground and two men came and dragged him to cover, looking up at them they began to speak to him, their lips moved but no words seemed to come out. Looking around he saw what appeared to be a crater, and to the left and right of it was two burned and mangled boddies. His eyes widend as he realized that neither Pete or Harrison was with him, his eyes latched to the bodies as a lump swelled up in his throat and he let out in a horse voice.

“Harrison..” his eyes watered and spoke his name again before falling back and passing out.

I’m surprised the Yankees are doing so poorly.

Fulcrumvale said:
I’m surprised the Yankees are doing so poorly.

Yea, usualy they give me a good run for my money, but when I did my invasions in Kentucky and Missouri alot of men got pulled away from the Eastern Front but then had to turn back around to to try to attack me. Not to mention with Jackson in western Virginia right now holding some twelve divisons in place (I keep him fully reinforced so that I delay them as much as possible, all part of the grand plan) if he werent there I would get smashed probably.

~ Victory is near!~
*​

November 16th, 1862 - The sweet music of Dixie once again resumed as the United States Flag was pulled down and taken away and the Confederate Flag raised over Washington. Celebration broke out throughout the army, men discharged their weapons and threw up there hats as Robert E. Lee and his onteroge made there way down Pensilvania Avenue. Tiping his hat to the men he rode down the street towards the captial building.

“General Lee! General!” A messenger came running beside him, waving the paper in the air as he pushed his way through the mass of men who had gathered on the side of the streets. “General!” he cried again.

“Sir, President Davis has sent word by telegram that he would like to visit the Union captial and requests us to hold our advance until he arrives.” He said, finaly catching up with the general and handing him the paper. Taking the crumbled paper Lee nodded to the messenger and looked the paper over, his eye’s slolwy scanning each line.

“Send a telegram telling President Davis that I will leave a divison here to safe guard the city, but we will not hold the advance until the Union come’s to us with a peace agreement, we have them on the run and must press the attack.” He said genetely, handing the paper back down to the messenger who was still walking briskly beside Lee.

“Yes sir!” he stoped and saluted before turning around and making his way to the telegraph office.

*​

Jonney stood in the front row, waving his hat around as General Lee passed by. It was hard to believe that after a week of combat they had taken Washington from the Union, two days of hard fighting and sacrafice. “I bet thouse blue bellies will think twice about messing with us again after this Jonney!” a short gruffy looking man said as he approached Jonney, pushing his way through the crowed of men.

“I can’t believe it myself Roy….” Jonney said, almost yelling over the cheers and celibration. The war had taken its toll on the young farm boy, the fighting had left his mind scared with images of death, lossing his best friend on the first day of fighting didn’t help either. He was torn between hating the Union and hating himself. The Union for drawing them into the war and himself for being the same monster they were.

“Rumors are that we got the blue bellies running scared, that Jackson is taking them for all they got in western Virginia and that Johnson is kicking em’ all over west. The war could be over by Christmas Jonney, wouldn’t that be great?” Roy continued, a large grin on his face as he spoke, his eyes still fixed on General Lee.

“It sure would Roy…It sure would.” Jonney replied, still a bit detached from what was going on. “It would be real nice to have a real Christmas dinner instead of these standard rasions. I like beans and all, but after two years of em’ you get to hate em’ all the same.” He said, tapping his side pack were he kept his rashions.

“Rumors say were going to Philli next, if the blue bellies don’t give in by then who knows what will happen…we may even see the border of Canada. Wouldn’t that be somthin?” Roy continued to aske question that he already knew Jonney’s answer to.

“Sure would Roy…” was all he would reply as he thought of going home and the war being over by Christmas.

The Richmond Weekly

~ Missouri Joins the South! ~

Yesterday, December 2nd of 1862 the Govoner of Missouri held a conference in St. Louis to descuss possible succesion from the United States. The council was held for five hours and the state’s council agreed unanomously that Missouri could no longer stay in a Union were the Constitutuion allowed the government to trample on the states rights. Officialy the Confederacy now has a new member as the long time efforts of the govoner have proven fruitful, the people of Missouri are now free from the tyranical yoke of the Union!

missourirx6.png

In other news Lee has made considerable advances in his campain in the north! The union capital of Washigton D.C. fell on November 16th and had remained un contested in our hands since its fall. Battle field reports tell us now that Lee has just crossed the border into Philidelphia with his Army of Northern Virginia and ingaged a large Army of fifty thousand Union soldiers, may god be with him and thouse who serve our country. General “Stonewall” Jackson has been succesfuly holding Union interest in western Virginia, gaining significant victory over Unionists in Charleston and Wheeling, ejecting over sixty thousand Union soldiers from Virginia and posing a threat to cut off the North Eastern United States from the rest of the country, god bless the C.S.A!​

Last edited:
~ A Dreamy Look Upon Him ~​
December 9th 1862

*​

“We’re about to finish our tour Mr. President, our last stop will be the White House.” The carrige driver said as the horse dragged the carrige down the street and turning the corner. Leaning up Jefferson Davis nodded and thanked the man before leaning back into the seat. “It’s almost over…” Jefferson thought to himself, the White House finaly coming into view. The once smooth paved roads were once pleasant to ride and walk on, but now were torn and damaged, making the ride unpleasent, the docks had been twisted by the bombardment and the buildings surrounding it likewise, the once proud Union capital had been nearly ground into dust, save for the White House.

The carrige came to a rocky and sudden stop once they reached the White House gates. “We’re here Mr. President.” The driver said, smiling as he got down from his seat and opened the door for President Davis. Steping out he smoothed his suite out, patting down the wrinkles creases. “Thank you for the tour, grade A.” Davis replied, smiling and sliping the driver a small tip.

“Thank you Mr. Davis, I will await your return.”

Turning around to face the White House he began the walk up the walk way and up to the large wooden doors, several soldiers were waiting for him as well as reporter for the Richmond Weekly. “Welcome to Washington Mr. Davis, I hope you have enjoyed your tour.” One of the soldiers said, opening the door for him and the reporters.

“I did, thank you, though I wish it could have been arranged during more pleasant times.” He said, stoping to pat the soldier on the back and thanking him for his service. The group toured the White House, Jefferson admiring the captial building as they progressed, visiting each room before finaly coming to the oval office were President Lincon once sat before having to flee the capital.

Slowly Jefferson Davis left the group, the soldier still taking, and approached the desk. His had touching the ivory desk, sliding his fingers around the edges as he rounded one side and coming to the end were the presidents seat sat empty. Slowly he pulled the chair out and sat down, a grin coming to his face while rubbing his chin. His eyes seemed to stair out as if he could see over the horrizen, no buildings, just gentel rolling plains, rivers and forests. One reporter later reported that he sat there with a “Dreamy Look Upon Him.”

~ Into the West ~

The war in the territories was easily over looked by most during the war, given most of the fighting was done in the East and Central North America, but they were bloody all the same. A.S. Johnson took command of the Army of Mississippi when the Conscription Act was passed, giving him fifty thousand Confederate men and boys to fight off the Union advance in the territories. Some battles were even as massive as the ones in Kentucky and Virginia, for instance the battle for Oklahoma City.

atlanta20civil20warao6.jpg
Union force held most of Oklahoma through the war and was only contested by the Confederacy after the conscription act. The above photo was taken after the Army of Mississippi drove the Union out of the city, leaving most of it in shambles and thousands homeless. Several more notable battles would take place in the territories, most notably in Phoenix were Johonsons forces were out number, seventy thousand to fifty thousand but was able to drive them off and push them over into California where the army remained for the rest of war.

Another unsung venture was that of, what would become known as the Inidian wars. During which both side, the Confederacy and the Union used Indians to combat each other where they could not spare the actualy troops. Most notably the appachie’s were a great asset to the Confederacy, always proving to be a constant thorn in the Union’s side while raiding territory towns and cutting off supply routes while deep in Confederate territory. Why would they aid the white men? Many would ask this, for the simple reason that for aid the Appachie would have some degree of self attonomy as long as they remained quite and un-problamatic, which was a far more generous offer than the United States would offer, or so Richmond would have them to believe.

A very nice story you have going here Volga, especially with Johnny and the war! Certainly an interesting read with Davis visiting the White House.

You could always write your own events to gain a more "historical advantage" or find out the event number a re-fire the Mexicans offering the other two provinces, now that you are strong enough to take them.

Just an idea but still, looking forward to the next update! Also, would you be able to post a map of the entire Confederacy at this point?

Thankyou and looking forward to another update!

Glad to see the march going so well, it will be interesting to see whether or not you can force a quick peace- the Union always rebounds well from my initial assault in my games, though I don't use the mod you're using.

All's well...

Ksim3000 said:
A very nice story you have going here Volga, especially with Johnny and the war! Certainly an interesting read with Davis visiting the White House.

You could always write your own events to gain a more "historical advantage" or find out the event number a re-fire the Mexicans offering the other two provinces, now that you are strong enough to take them.

Just an idea but still, looking forward to the next update! Also, would you be able to post a map of the entire Confederacy at this point?

Thankyou and looking forward to another update!

Thanks, Im glad your enjoying it :) I should have developed more on it when I wrote about it, must have made it a little blurry but the two proviences in Mexico came through and joined the Confederacy, I'll do more with them later. Oh, ill also post a map here in my next update of the Confederacy as of now.

JimboIX said:
Glad to see the march going so well, it will be interesting to see whether or not you can force a quick peace- the Union always rebounds well from my initial assault in my games, though I don't use the mod you're using.

I am too, things are going well and my invasions into Missouri and Kentucky have done well to draw away alot of units from the Eastern Front, but now that I have sacked the capital they will probably come running, hope Jackson holds thouse divisons in western Virginia though, he plays a big roll to the success of the operation. New update coming soon!

~ Onward North, Canada's the Limit ~
December 15th, 1862
Philidelphia
eleeandtravelerol6.jpg

"Here is where we make our stand, not an inch more!" the sergeant shouted, the companies third since the start of the war, "Same as the others, short, back breaking, and Irish." Jonney said, nudging the man standing beside him, the two chuckling as he passed by them. This one was different though, he wasn't full of the same eagerness as the others who were considerably young compared to him, and not to mention big headed, which just made them an easier target. Sergeant O'Neil knew not to stick his head out and walk directly in the line of fire when not necessary, some called him a coward, but Jonney saw it as common sense, not cowardice.

"General Lee has dragged your sorry butts all the way a crossed Virginia and bloody Maryland to give you all a place in our nations history, this gentlemen will be a defining moment in the campaign. A crossed that field is the Union army Seventy Thousand blue bellies who are despite to take back Washington and crush Richmond, and we're the ones standing between them and their goal." he continued to shout as he walked down the line.

"Now, I if I see a single one of you pansy’s even flinch I'll show you what means to truly be afraid, do you hear me! We're not the like them French Frog's, if we're going to die we're going to die standing up, rifle in hand, not with our backs turned as you run home to your mommies! Now who are we!?"

"The Eight Virginian Infantry!" they all said at once, cheering as the march began. Thunders from both sides of the fields began, Jonney, now accustomed to the sound of the cannon's marched on, his rife leaning up ageists his left shoulder. Boom! a cannon ball slammed into the ground in front of the company, bouncing forward into the men.

"Ready...Halt!" Sergeant O' Neil shouted as another cannon ball slammed into the ground just behind the line. A crossed the field appeared to be a sea of blue that was the Union line. "Ready...arms!" he shouted again, grabbing his gun tight and taking a deep breath Jonney aimed towards the army, picking out a blue spec as his target.

"Aim....Fire!" the loud crackle of gun fire came after, the gun knocking him back slightly and leaving a ringing in his ears. Stepping back as the man behind him took his place he looked over to the man beside who's eyes were closed, he had been a recent addition to the army and Jonney sought out to make him comfortable. "Relax! Take a deep breath and relax!" he shouted, not being able to really hear his own words but the young boy seemed to understand and with a shaky smile nodded.

A loud thump followed soon after as the man in front of him was knocked back, blood gushed from the mans head all over Jonney's suit, Gawking at the sight Jonney shook it out of his head before stepping back up, his gun reloaded and prepared to fire again. "Just relax.." he mumbled to himself, taking aim at another blue dot and firing.

Jonney sat at the small camp at the back of the line, the army had been fighting for two days now almost none stop. The cannon fire never seemed to cease, nor the bodies coming back from the front. Pouring a little more polish on his rag he it over the metal part of the gun barrel, cleaning off all the powder residue and smudges as he awaited his turn to be called back into action.

"How much longer are they gonna last! I mean, come on, We took Manassas and Washington with less casualties than this." he overheard on of the men say over by a camp fire.

"There were also about forty thousand less too." Jonney said, never taking his eyes off the gun.

"Well what does it matter? We should have just stayed in Washington and waited the Yankees out." he commented back, obviously not seeing the point.

"You don't get it do you? If we had stayed in Washington we would be facing the entire Union Army, sixty thousand is a lot less than a few million." he said, exaderating a bit. Looking away there was a sudden cheer from the lines as the gun fire seemed to become more sporadic, different from the usual sound of the volleys. Soon a bugle could be heard, sounding a charge.

"What the?"

"We did it! We broke the Union line!" someone shouted as they ran forward, followed by more and more men. The line had been broken, now the brutality began.

[Heres the Map, everything outlined in the black plus the two mexican proviences is the Confederacy]

csaeditag9.jpg

Last edited:
A nice update my good sir! You know, you could also try and look for the Union surrender event. It should usually kick off with Philadelphia I believe but if you want to speed things up, that is just an idea.

It would be interesting for future conflicts too.....but still, looking forward to your next update and thanks for the map! It helps clear things up a bit!

Ksim3000 said:
A nice update my good sir! You know, you could also try and look for the Union surrender event. It should usually kick off with Philadelphia I believe but if you want to speed things up, that is just an idea.

It would be interesting for future conflicts too.....but still, looking forward to your next update and thanks for the map! It helps clear things up a bit!

Thats what I am shooting for actualy, I have to have a certin percent of my territory held and then Washington and Philly for the event to fire, which I am hoping it will.

As for future conflicts, I am actualy hoping for one :p I have read Harry Turteldoves How Few Remain and the idea of a second war would be awsome, another chance to kick some yankee butt! (No offence to you yankees out there ;) )

If you win, there's bound to be another war. It's just how it goes. Looks like you may be able to win before the Union brings in its full weight to bear.

JimboIX said:
If you win, there's bound to be another war. It's just how it goes. Looks like you may be able to win before the Union brings in its full weight to bear.

Yeah, there's sure to be another warm though I don't think there would've been IRL.

~ My Kingdom for a Telegraph Line ~
The White House, Washington D.C
January 10th, 1863

ingamecsalu0.png

[ The Final Map of the Confederacy as of the Washington Treaty ]​

A large black carriage pulled up to the gate leading to the White House. A tall man, a giant compared to most, stepped out, his tall signature black hat made him an easily distinguishable figure, it was U.S. President Abraham Lincoln. Above the capital building, in place of the stars and stripes, flew the stars and bars, above it a British Flag.

“Here we are Mr. Lincoln.” The driver said in a British accent as he stepped down from his seat and opened the door. “Thank you.” Lincoln said, getting out of the cab and walking towards the gate where two British soldiers were waiting.

“Thank the British government for me.” He said in a bitter tone as he passed them, turning in and following after him. In the partially rebuilt harbor sat two of Britain’s largest battleships, The H.M.S. Wails and the H.M.S. Winchester, both on duty for the peace talks. For the first time since the war of 1812 British soldiers occupied the city, the Confederate Garrison camped outside the city to safe guard ageist any possible Union attack and to instill some confidence in the Union that the peace talks would go un interrupted. Slowly walking up the stairs and into the White House Lincoln recollected on the past two years of war, thinking about what he could have done to prevent it, what he should have done to prevent it. The white decorative walls passed by until he reached the door of the Oval Office. Standing there was one Confederate soldier and two British soldiers who opened the door for him.

“Ah, President Lincoln.” A tall, well dressed man said, standing up from his seat and extending his hand for a handshake. “I am Lord Rumford, charged by the British Empire to bring an agreeable and peaceful end to this horrible civil war your country is in.”

“Bonjure, I am Jacques Ajon, representing Frances Interests in this matter, and am likewise charge in bringing a peaceful end to this bloody affair.” Another diplomat said in the easily distinguished French accent.

“Gentlemen,” Lincoln said politely, shaking both their hands before eyeing Davis who was sitting in the chair opposite from him. Not saying a word to the Confederate president he took his seat, noticing a map laying on the table.

“I suppose this what you imagine your country to be after the war Mr. Davis?” Lincoln asked in a hostile, cold tone, looking down at the paper and then back up at Davis.

Shaking his head Davis looked up at Lincoln, physically having to tilt his head up to look at the man in the eyes. “President Lincoln, this is not how we envision the Confederacy, this is the Confederacy. Missouri and Kentucky have both declared their succession from the Union and we accept their wish’s under the constitution of the true America, we demand that Kentucky, the Indian and Arizona territories be a full part of the Confederacy as well as Missouri…”

“Mr. Davis, if you believe you are going to force your hand on the people of Kentucky, Missouri and the territories then you have another thing…” “Gentlemen, please.” Lord Rumford said, looking at both men.

“President Lincoln, the people of ‘Kentucky’ and Missouri’ have declared their wish’s to both your government and the Confederacies, now we’re not here to argue over border issue’s, this map outlines borders that both France and our government have agreed upon, dividing it on the people wish’s, not yours.”

“Britain and France both agree that this war must be put to an end, and given your situation, Mr. Lincoln, we are inclined to side with the Confederacy and support their bid for independence.” Jacques added, struggling to produce a fully understandable sentence with his poor understanding of the English language, but a good enough grasp to carry on a legible conversation.

“Mr. Lincoln, if we don’t leave here today with an answer our governments approve on intervention on some level can be expected…and chances of it being political again is very slim.” Rumford picked back up, eyeing Lincoln.

“Are you threatening me Lord Rumford? Do you think we will lay down just because you over there in London and Paris decide to stick your nose’s in our affairs?” Lincoln was almost shouting now, his anger visible in the form of his rising voice and red face. “We have not lost this war yet! Why, we still hold positions in Western….”

“I can’t say I am disappointed to say Mr. Lincoln, but perhaps you should reconsider.” Jefferson said sliding a small telegraph paper a crossed the desk, in the corner an official Union stamp.

“We intercepted this a few minutes ago before the wires we’re cut.” He said again, the headline reading something along the lines of “Line’s broke” and “encircled”. The Telegraph was of course, fake, Union telegraph lines had been cut around the city and from the area around the city, the fact of the matter was that Jackson had actually been defeated in Weeling and was being pushed back in Western Virginia. The Union army was pushing towards Richmond, although cut off from the Union and behind enemy lines. Davis knew this, in fact that’s why the cease fire needed to be signed that day, at that meeting.

“Go ahead, please, read over it, you will find that it is authentic. I am sure you know that General Lee has taken Philadelphia; I am almost certain that is why you agreed to come here today, he posed to push all the way to Canada and cut off New England from the rest of the United States, whether you like it or not Mr. President, you are running out of options.” Davis continued, a faint smile could be seen on his face as he put on a confident mask to hide the fact that he was bluffing about that telegraph.

Lincoln’s expression slowly began to change as he read over the telegraph; everything appeared to be slowly slipping out of his hands. The nearest army was in Weeling, and if the telegraph was authentic then there was no hope for a quick comeback. Lee was cornering the armies in New England, most afraid to go up ageist him, Johnson was pushing back their advance’s in the west and Jackson had destroyed the only army left in the Eastern theater. Even though the Union had more men, their armies were spread then, especially since the Trent Affair which forced them to prepare for a possible British invasion, which blew over, but now the threat was once again a possibility.

Thoughts raced threw his head, calculating the risks, evaluating every possible plan of action, he was loosing support and now Britain and France were siding with rebels. Slowly taking the pen and quill he etched his name onto the paper, reluctantly, he made the treaty official.

“Wonderful President Lincoln. We will begin our withdrawal of troops from the city, President Davis, we expect you to do the same from Union territory and the same for your men in Confederate territory.” Lord Rumford said, smiling and taking the treaty.

Letting out a breath of relief Davis stood, a wide smile on his face. “We will release all Union Prisoners of War in exchange for our men President Lincoln, I hope in the future our countries can bind our wounds and live in harmony with each other.”

Turning away from Davis Lincoln waked out, not even looking at Davis as he spoke, it was time to break the news to the people.

victoryatlastceckbg6.png

The Teaty of Washington would be the final document that ended the War of Succesion. In the treaty, Kentucky, Arizona and the Indian territories were accepted as full fleged members of the Confederacy but in the eyes of the Union Missouri would remain occupied territory, despite there succession.

[In game I wasn't able to secure Missouri as a part of the Confederacy as in core wise, so the United States still claims Missouri as apart of their nation, even though its apart of the Confederacy.]

Last edited:
Very nice AAR. :)

So, what plans for peace? Look to Mexico or the Caribbean? Or something else entirely?

Volga said:
Thoughts raced threw his head, calculating the risks, evaluating every possible plan of action, he was loosing support and now Britain and France were siding with rebels. Slowly taking the pen and quill he etched his name onto the paper, reluctantly, he made the treaty official.
*weeps*

*Snaps out of the spell and realizes he's safe in AAR-land.*

"A lovely AAR."