• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(768334)

Second Lieutenant
Jul 14, 2013
To Destroy The Burden of Shame!

88o.gif

Hello guys! Though my Bulgarian AAR is far from being finished, I have decided to do another AAR! This one will be more in my style - gameplay and suicidal. The idea for it being a French AAR was alive for a long time. I didn't like the fact, that France were made the "noobs", that couldn't hold their line for six weeks. I always wanted to redeem them. The reason I held on is the fact, that just now I stopped considering myself as a "noob" in HoI3, now I'm ready to redeem the French Legacy!

This will be played like my Bulgarian AAR: HoI3 For The Motherland 3.05 with HPP 3.0.0.

The rules for this are simple:
#1 - Survive
#2 - Conquer Italy
#3 - France needs to have atleast 50 tank and motorized divisions, with emphasis on armour
#4 - Conquer Germany
#5 - Become the Dominant force in Europe
#6 - Liberate Madagascar

I will make a short update soon, but a longer one is to be expected next week.

Chapter I: Reconstruction

Thanks!

Hello! This will be a small update, more considered as the situation in France in the Beginning of the year. It will also explain my strategies a bit.

1ao4.jpg

Ahh, France, you seem so easy to defend. Just put some troops at the Maginot Line, and that's it! But the reality is sad - the OOB is just crazy! I start by cleaning it, and I see my troops. All divisions, that have any garrisons in them, are disbanded. Most of cavalry divisions meet the same fate.

zihc.jpg

(This was taken in 8th of April, just like the production). The tech situation is practically the usual: infantry weapons, support brigades, IC, doctrines. I didn't really want it, but I'm stuck with Infantry Support Role for my tanks. Otherwise, it's ideal - grand battle plan and firepower focus.

fj34.jpg

This is simple: two infantry divisions for the Northern Army, and a remnant from the production in the beginning. That's what doesn't allow AI France to make many infantry and armor divisions - they would have about 15 CL's as well in the production. I left the Battle cruiser, cause it will fininsh in May, and it will add to the firepower. After that, I'm thinking of making 24 motorized divisions.

This update was short, so to finish it off, here's my reorganized OOB:

nnbe.jpg

Not framed, cause I was lazy

My favorite campaign(s) throughout the HoI series are always my occasionally successful French games. It is simply so gratifying to play as the once mighty French Empire who dominated the world from the late 17th century-early 19th and restore them to glory by defeating Germany, leading the charge against Japan, and possibly driving to Moscow! :cool:

Of course, since all of this is possible, I eagerly await what will transpire here.

Cheers!

I love the idea of this.
Every French campaign I play I build a second maginot line on the Belgian border, and the Germans can't get into France but I can't get into Germany. It's always fun.

And you plan the French armour as good as Germany's in 39?
That should give them a shock :D

Last edited:
May I be so rude and ask, how do you plan to defend the Maginot line with excluding GAR divisions? :p

Awesome! Redeem the élan! :p

All divisions, that have any garrisons in them, are disbanded. Most of cavalry divisions meet the same fate.

IIRC France has a ton of regulars which causes their CG demand to be very high. Disbanding those may actually allow you to build a larger army by 1939.

Garrison or cavalry unit doesn't equal regular unit...

I'm excited to see how well you perform with this. I'm an awful player so I could never dream of surviving against Germany, but it'll be fun to live vicariously through you.
Thanks! I don't really know, how good are you in HoI3, but you are certainly better at AAR writing!

My favorite campaign(s) throughout the HoI series are always my occasionally successful French games. It is simply so gratifying to play as the once mighty French Empire who dominated the world from the late 17th century-early 19th and restore them to glory by defeating Germany, leading the charge against Japan, and possibly driving to Moscow! :cool:

Of course, since all of this is possible, I eagerly await what will transpire here.

Cheers!
Thanks! France does have the possibility to beat Germany hard, but it's a hard and a very rewarding task.

I love the idea of this.
Every French campaign I play I build a second maginot line on the Belgian border, and the Germans can't get into France but I can't get into Germany. It's always fun.

And you plan the French armour as good as Germany's in 39?
That should give them a shock :D

Thanks. The extended Maginot Line is a smart move, but I'm planning to make this a offensive AAR.

Also, historically, some French tanks were better then the German, such as the Char B-1 and the Somua S-35.

Awesome! Redeem the élan! :p

Thanks!

you should have , hmm , upgraded the garnisons rather than disbanding them.

May I be so rude and ask, how do you plan to defend the Maginot line with excluding GAR divisions? :p

IIRC France has a ton of regulars which causes their CG demand to be very high. Disbanding those may actually allow you to build a larger army by 1939.

Garrison or cavalry unit doesn't equal regular unit...

Was more of a general thing. If some of those garrisons he disbanded were regulars he could profit.

Well, the garrisons won't have any use with their amazing speed of 1 KPH. I didn't upgrade them, since they ask the prize of a regular unit in HPP (in FTM atleast), I learned it the hard way in a Gunagxi Clique game. Also, all but the motorized regulars, and the ones in Indochina aren't disbanded.

Sorry, no update today. I'm thinking of jumping straight to 1939 as 1936,1937, and 1938 will bore the living heck out of you, I might make a small update, that tells all the important stuff.

Have Charles De Gaul charge Hittler with multiple and repeated violations of the treaty of Versailles. In Berlin. At tank-point. :)

I am interested in this. I would like to see the French march out to the sound of the marsellaise (I don't know French, don't bugger my spelling) and conquer Europe as they did under the eye of Napoleon I Bonaparte.

Sorry, no update today. I'm thinking of jumping straight to 1939 as 1936,1937, and 1938 will bore the living heck out of you, I might make a small update, that tells all the important stuff.

Don't be shy, throw us some updates about the build up, so we can see HPP's decisions and special events pre-war ;)

If this were Germany or Italy it probably would bore us. But I'd like to see your shiny new tanks and guns in 1937/8 as France.
Your choice though :)

I am trying to decide between black ice and hpp for a mod to try, so please do show us as much as you can.