• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kasperus said:
Did you use a clean, magellan-generated province.csv? Storms are defined in province.csv in the 'storm' column. Any value other than '0' will add storms in that province - apparently with no regard to terrain. For some unexplainable reason magellan uses '-1' here as a default value so that has to be fixed manually.

Thanks a lot.... indeed i thought -1 value wouldn't be a problem :p

Sorry if this hasd been addressed already but i wish a coule of clarifications :

1/ Borders can run along rivers but not go in PTI, right ?

2/ What about borders on a sea zone or a lake ?

3/ What is the maximum width of a river to keep adjacencies ?

4/ What else should i look after to avoid river-related CTDs when attempting to load a game ?

5/ What else should i look after to avoid border-related CTDs when attempting to load a game ?

Thanks in advance

gigau said:
Sorry if this hasd been addressed already but i wish a coule of clarifications :

1/ Borders can run along rivers but not go in PTI, right ?

2/ What about borders on a sea zone or a lake ?

3/ What is the maximum width of a river to keep adjacencies ?

4/ What else should i look after to avoid river-related CTDs when attempting to load a game ?

5/ What else should i look after to avoid border-related CTDs when attempting to load a game ?

Thanks in advance

1: correct
2: strictly speaking the game should not show any border over terrain '5' (=sea) even if you draw them in psd, since afaik magellan removes it automatically. For lakes that depends if you specify it as sea or as river. Both is possible, the difference is that sea is always impassable
3: That's something for Inferis to answer since it depends on how magellan defines adjacencies.
4/5: Well, I do not think that there are other known river-related ctd's. You should make sure that all terrains are defined correctly and province.csv is imported to the intermediate file before you import psd's to make sure ll adjacencies are defined correctly... For the rest there might be always some problems, which is due to the fact that we neither know exactly what magellan does, nor how the eu2 engine works... But if the game does not crash on startup then the map should not be the cause of any later ctd's...

Thanks for the informations.

Now a small question about movements : when a ship travels across the Atlantic, for example, does the time it takes depend on the number of sea zones it crosses or on the pixel width of the ocean ?

Indeed, graphical size of a province has no influence on travelling time in EU2. SizeModifier in province.csv does though, unfortunately it is a totally useless variable...

Sorry, but i got another question :
I've created provinces with IDs that i've added after the last vanilla EU2 one. Then i remembered i had merged all the rivers per continent. So i started to use the freed IDs. But havent used them all. So basically, my question is : will there be a problem if i use IDs from 0 to 1912, but with no provinces linked for the ones between 1367 and 1432 ?

Kasperus said:
Indeed, graphical size of a province has no influence on travelling time in EU2. SizeModifier in province.csv does though, unfortunately it is a totally useless variable...
so the double time movement in Africa is hardcoded? :confused:

gigau said:
Sorry, but i got another question :
I've created provinces with IDs that i've added after the last vanilla EU2 one. Then i remembered i had merged all the rivers per continent. So i started to use the freed IDs. But havent used them all. So basically, my question is : will there be a problem if i use IDs from 0 to 1912, but with no provinces linked for the ones between 1367 and 1432 ?
Nope, it should not cause any problems.

szmik said:
so the double time movement in Africa is hardcoded?
Afaik the double time movement for Africa is tied only to the continent/region/area definition in province.csv. For given combinations (or simply all having continent = africa?) double movement will be applied and that you cannot change. But one could of course work around it by changing the continent in the province.csv file...

Problems with map

Hello!
I'm making a russian modification of WATK - a translation of province names and creating some additional provinces in Russia, Balkans and Algeria. I'd already finished my work, and export my map to game. But when i start a campane and look over several regions EU shot down to Windows. Plese, hel me to solve this problem. Russian EU community will be grateful :rolleyes:

Slavophil said:
Hello!
I'm making a russian modification of WATK - a translation of province names and creating some additional provinces in Russia, Balkans and Algeria. I'd already finished my work, and export my map to game. But when i start a campane and look over several regions EU shot down to Windows. Plese, hel me to solve this problem. Russian EU community will be grateful :rolleyes:

For the additional provinces you added double check that on the border layer no borders are touching black PTI areas as this will crash the game. Be sure to look closely as even one tiny bit of red border in PTI will cause the crash.

17blue17 said:
For the additional provinces you added double check that on the border layer no borders are touching black PTI areas as this will crash the game. Be sure to look closely as even one tiny bit of red border in PTI will cause the crash.

Thank you! It was the only problem! Now it's allright! :)

P.S. If anybody is intrested in Russian geography for EU, i can stick screeen of my map. It seems to be the most historically correct EU map of Russia (well, everybody usually knows history and geography of his own country better, than others :) )

Slavophil said:
Thank you! It was the only problem! Now it's allright! :)

P.S. If anybody is intrested in Russian geography for EU, i can stick screeen of my map. It seems to be the most historically correct EU map of Russia (well, everybody usually knows history and geography of his own country better, than others :) )

Nice!
Slavophil can you show us a screenshot, please.

Russia in my map

russiaob5.jpg

Origianal map is in russian, but I'd add latin transcription of province names and some comments.
It seems to be too small. there is a bigger version
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5992/russiabj8.jpg

Last edited:
cool-toxic said:
It looks good.;)
But how many provinces did you add to the Grand duchy of Lithuania?
Well, I created 4 provinces from 1 big "Belarus" (Mogilev, Vitebsk, Minsk, poles'e), divided "Volynia" (now two separate provinces - Podlyash'e and Volyn'), and divided "Podolia" (now Bratslav and Korsun', with "Kamenietz" named Podolia )
Although I created province "South of Wild Field" in S-W of Ukraine.

And even more problems

There are stilll some places that cause shot down.
And there is all OK with borders - as far as I rememder I changed nothing in this areas (near Tchad lake and near Aral sea)/ I'd only changed ID for Tcad 9made it same with the river Niger) and of cause made a new schading.

So, all problems were successfully solved anm my russian map is ready for use. But there is still a question of scenarios. I heard there is some program, that can help with creating scenarios for non-vanil maps :confused: