• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Paladino

The Ranger of Alentejo
56 Badges
Oct 29, 2006
  • Stellaris
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
hey everybody i lieke EU but i annoy a lot cuz my country is always in bankerupt and i dunno how to manage it succesfully so a few tips would helpe me cuz i'm tired of always have to use cheats for victory.

"Bankrupt" as in losing stability and all your investments, or "bankrupt" as in not having any cash on hand? The first kind actually takes some doing; I've only succeeded in going bankrupt once. The latter isn't a problem, just take a loan or two.

One thing I try to do is to never have five loans at any one time. This way, when loans come due if I don't have the cash to cover them, I take a loan to pay a loan. Pay attention to when your loans will come due, and adjust the budget sliders to build up enough cash to pay it off (you get two months from when it initially comes due).

-Pat

thanks but that don't answear to my question i was wondering what could i do for having a well developed economy should i do cities for income or trade posts things like that some few tips to help me start to play the game well

Don't build an army bigger than you can afford the upkeep for. That should keep you out of the bankrupcy. Then, while learning the game you should pick a large nation (like France) and play conservatively. Don't mint any money on the treasury screen, just use the 1st of January annual taxes to build your armies and upgrade your cities with. (And sending the occasional colonist when that time is due.)

Apart from that, just keep playing and you will learn. Soon you should be back asking why everyone keeps declaring war upon you as soon as you start fighting someone, and we can tell you about BadBoy Wars ;)

thanks man but as you must know i'm just that guy who gets tired of playing and starts to use cheats to win the game lo0l btw.

when i was reading the forums topics i usually see that we can modify some files to use any nation and i wanna know the full process to make that is some of you can tell me

Paladino said:
when i was reading the forums topics i usually see that we can modify some files to use any nation and i wanna know the full process to make that is some of you can tell me
Short answer: read those threads. :rolleyes: We've had two separate ones this past month.

-Pat

Yay! Good to know.

Hmm... the Firefox spell checker doesn't think 'yay' is a word. I would also like to note that it insists that 'Firefox' be spelled with a capital.