Tips for a Darkest Hour DH player going into Arsenal of Democracy AoD

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr. Intolerance

Colonel
14 Badges
Dec 9, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
AoD at first manages to overwhelm me with its seeming overhaul of the economic side of things. I feel like I could back off on the major powers and go with something like Argentina, a personal favorite for Paradox's industrial timelines.

I'm kinda hoping there are faq's out there that compare AoD to DH.

Faqs? I dont think so. Here are some small pointers:

- Supply lines are a thing. If you must attack a province, use the highest infrastructure.
- Units always have a small amount of supplies with them and they will lose some when moving.
- Air units retreat if an airport is captured, no longer instadead.
- Its INCREDIBLY fun. You can up your infra to 200% i think, or maybe that was from Iron Hearts mod. Always max the infra from your capital.
- Naval invasions are now much harder to supply and to attack from.
- Org is much slower to regenerate so now moves have to be more precise.

The only thing that really ruined AoD for me is the fact that they used the old HOI2 map instead of the upgraded one.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Faqs? I dont think so. Here are some small pointers:

- Supply lines are a thing. If you must attack a province, use the highest infrastructure.
- Units always have a small amount of supplies with them and they will lose some when moving.
- Air units retreat if an airport is captured, no longer instadead.
- Its INCREDIBLY fun. You can up your infra to 200% i think, or maybe that was from Iron Hearts mod. Always max the infra from your capital.
- Naval invasions are now much harder to supply and to attack from.
- Org is much slower to regenerate so now moves have to be more precise.

The only thing that really ruined AoD for me is the fact that they used the old HOI2 map instead of the upgraded one.
Thanks a ton. I went all-in on Iron Hearts seeing as how well polished it is. I figured I'd give something like that a totally new experience and then see what vanilla was like.

I believe I saw written somewhere that it is necessary to finish infrastructure before installations to get the most out of a province.

AoD at first manages to overwhelm me with its seeming overhaul of the economic side of things. I feel like I could back off on the major powers and go with something like Argentina, a personal favorite for Paradox's industrial timelines.

I'm kinda hoping there are faq's out there that compare AoD to DH.
Funny you mention. As a long-time AoD player, I'm dying (literally - on the field and seas, anyways) to have the reverse!

Happy to give you pointers in your AoD thread, but they won't be of much value as respects coming from DH, as I have little success here so far.