• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brown Adept

Recruit
May 8, 2016
Greetings. Posting answers to forum questions. 1. Yes, light and medium mechs are necessary. Some missions have a 55 ton max. Also, the most versatile mech I know is a Fire Starter...6.9.6, 2 D sinks, 6 +10 damage small lasers and a tactician. This is your scout and spotter for 3 of anything with a big LRM and a gunner. It also jumps behind and kills even heavies with 180 aimed-shot damage. This is also the place to use those zero tonnage arm and leg mods. 2. Yes, using a Cyclops in the early game is useful, if you get one. It looses value when you get 2 or more tacticians (scouts) up to level 7 and your common lance-minus-scout moves last anyway. 3. Yes, faction relations DO matter. It greatly affects prices, even to the extent of refusing access to stores if too low......especially important for the black market (pirate faction). It means that the low relations faction will not give you some missions, or any at all if too low. 4. Yes, train up those pilots. Tactical skills for your scouts and gunnery for the rest. Guts is the general secondary for damage reduction. Piloting primary, with tactics secondary (spotting) can be useful for scouts.

Save your nickels and dimes for when you get a chance to buy into the black market. That's where you find the really good stuff.

Watch your rep with the different factions.

Early game, always max salvage on assassination missions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Save your nickels and dimes for when you get a chance to buy into the black market. "
Agreed. A Larger Laser + (5 Damage) is a great find if you get one as salvage. Always check the list of weapons as well as the mechs after a mission. However, save your C-Bills for the really good stuff. For example, an Extreme Range PPC ++ is almost 5 Million C-Bills. It does 10 extra damage and weights two tons less than the standard model.

You have to be ready to take a chance. On one of my previous careers, I found 3 parts of a Highlander 733. Sold almost everything, spare mechs, partial mechs, spare weapons and equipment. When I finished I had enough for a 3 mechs in addition to the HGN and one more month’s expenses, but the HGN allowed me to take on higher skull missions and the payback was rapid. Also improved the salvage as you are now able to move up in weight class.

• 2Like
Reactions: