• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Howdy all,

Friendly neighborhood Community Manager Troy here to bring you the brightest and freshest news regarding Royal Court!

This year has been a long and interesting one, to be certain, but we are here all together to make sure that our fantastic community gets the product that we have all been waiting for and deserve. Earlier this year, we informed you all that we were working hard to make sure that Royal Court was up to our standards.

Royal Court is not only the first expansion for CK3, but also a set of features entirely new to the CK series, including cultural evolution and language. It is very much breaking new ground,and as such, we are experimenting at every turn.

With that in mind we are not, at the moment, entirely satisfied with Royal Court's progress, especially regarding its stability. There are a number of bugs we really need to iron out, and are taking more time to make sure it is in line with the standards you expect. We also understand the frustration that delays cause, but we would like to make sure we are always as forthcoming as possible and that you hear the news directly from us. It’s a tricky balance between sentiments like “It will release whenever we finish making sure it is ready” and things like giving exact timelines only to make necessary but upsetting changes to that timeline when we do actually need time to review and make those changes.

That being said, look forward to news about the 2022 release date Soon™!

In the meantime, you can catch up on all the previous points in our Royal Court FAQ HERE!

All of our team is hard at work following their projects through to completion and making sure that all the tasks that they started are fully realized and supported. This means they are going to keep up their hard work and make sure that Royal Court is the success that both their efforts and your expectations deserve.

All that said, we are super grateful for all the dedication and passion you have shown for Crusader Kings III leading up to this point. Your thoughts and feedback on the systems, features, and integration of Royal Court have led to some interesting changes and alterations that we may or may not have otherwise considered! Without your input and support, this game and expansion would not be anywhere near what it is shaping up to be!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cheers,
- Pariah

• 210Like
  • 12Love
  • 10Haha
Reactions:
On one side, I really really really wanna get my hands on the new features to work with those on Elder Kings 2.
On the other side, take all the time you need. It is better to have a polished dlc full of content (especially such that you are able to add as a bonus, like today's dd's 'reform' culture), than a rushed one!

• 8Like
Reactions:
If offered the choice between a delay that will give us a good expansion and a rushed release that means a bad, poorly received expansion that you have to apologise for, the former is far and away the better option.

Thank you for letting us know and we will look forward to the release of the finished, polished product.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Have to say I'm a little frustrated, but please take as much time as you need to make the DLC - I would much prefer a complete, smooth launch that's a little delayed than a rushed launch with lots of bugs.

• 14Like
Reactions:
Sounds great but im have one question whil i be able to adopt to new cultures especielly dead culture like roman culture i like to use historical characters when doing challanges and stuff like that ?

I appreciate the honesty from the team, Pariah - although it does concern me that it's taken this long to get out the door (particularly in light of issues in other areas of PDX recently). Hopefully it'll launch without any significant issues.

Back to waiting for me then. I can't remember - were regencies getting sorted with Royal Court?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Fine with me, I just want a good, polished product. It’s a crazy world out there right now so take your time. There are plenty of other games (or mods to this one!) to play in the meantime.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Glad to hear some sort of news, even if it's disappointing but expected.

Having said that, if this has taught me anything, it's to not purchase content in advance again. Doing so gets me too "invested" in the wait.

Reactions:
Really appreciate a post like this one - if it gets pushed back, it gets pushed back - no biggie, just keep us in the loop as to how it's going.

Much prefer this approach to rushing it out in an unstable state.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your honesty Paradox. Finally, as well as being a consumer, I'm a big fan of your products, especially Crusaders Kings.
Every studio has its problems, I look forward to a complete and polished product, thank you.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Far more important things to worry about in the real world, for many people, than a release date for a DLC.
I am sure you will have absolutely nailed it by the time it is released.

Reactions:
Now you make sure to pay your employees well and we better not hear about yall going through endless crush because you decided to announce the expansion too early

• 10Like
Reactions: