• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel old. When I grew up Wynona Ryder was young and hot, now she is Spocks mum. Where did all these years go.........:eek:

I'm a bit less confused now. But how did Käthe de-lesbo in the first place? And how did Duckie get more interested in the light than the gorgeous woman in front (on top?) of him? :D

I'm a bit less confused now. But how did Käthe de-lesbo in the first place? And how did Duckie get more interested in the light than the gorgeous woman in front (on top?) of him? :D

He's gone stupid?

Duckie is not an girl? :wacko:
How did the light hit Kääse if there was no light nearby?
One simply does not get enlightened shortly from an other reality!
And Peti is writing with the wrong colour. :mad::rolleyes:

Duckie is neither a girl nor a duck. Nor a pizza.
The light was comming from the sky. Call it a sound-wave with a shape of a light. It came from Kremmler's reality and hit all the rest (Käthe/Duckie's, Adolf/Remer's, Stauffenberg's...).
Peti has been corrected, thanks. Send more pizzas.

I feel old. When I grew up Wynona Ryder was young and hot, now she is Spocks mum. Where did all these years go.........:eek:

I'm old, as I can't recollect Wynona Ryder being hot. Cute, yes, a bit, but hot...

The light changed the world upside down for a moment, so the de-lesbo Käthe got lesbianized again once the phenomenon ended and Duckie recovered his wits and interest in Käthe once the light was off. Too late, but he got them back at last.

He's gone stupid?

Poor him...

*sigh*

Duckie just can't get a break, can he? :(

Foreword/Disclaimer/Delirium Tremens/Dustbin.

Some comments before going for the kill.

First and foremost, if anyone or anything represented here does have any real (no pun intended) resemblance whatsoever -but for the obvious exceptions mentioned- with any real being or event, past or present (even future ones, what the heck!), blame it to a joke of fate. Coincidence, sheer coincidence.

Next. God Bless Keira Knightley :D Don't ask why or the unglamorous answer may kill you. You've been warned...​

Chapter 16.

First set - The Failure of a Revolution.

Berlin, 1st January, 2004

rtg_aussen_450.jpg

After the collapse of the Syndicalist block, emboldened by the liberalized atmosphere of freedom, many political parties appeared in the former Syndicalist countries. Germany was no exception, of course. In the so called Berlin Spring, which soon spread all over Germany, the process of de-Syndicalization began under the Provisional Government. Among the parties which appeared in those days there were a few ones which claimed for the return of the Kaiser. One of them, the Independent and Free Conservative Party of Germany (Unabhängige und Freikonservative Partei Deutschlands or UFKPD) had, as its first point of his political agenda, the restorarion of the Hohenzollern. However, the Royal family didn't seem to care very much about them.

Since the defeat in the war against teh Syndicalist France and Britain and their abdication, the Hohenzollern had lived in exile, the main branch of the family in Sweden, while some other members moved to Switzerland or Russia. Watching life to develop by their own means, the Hohenzollern seemed to be glad to vanish from history to enjoy a peaceful oblivion. This would change, of course, with the fall of the Deutsche Syndikalistiche Republik (DSR) in 1990. Ironically, their return would be thanks to one of his most hated enemies, Erich Honecker, former General Secretary of the Central Commitee of the Syndicalist Unity Party of Germany (Syndikalistiche Einheitspartei Deutschlands, SED).

Honecker, who fled to London after the fall of the DSR, addressed to his former country for the last time of his life -he was to die from liver cancer a few weeks later- on 20 April, 1994 in a speech given by the broadcasting services of the dying Union of Britain - it was to outlive Honecker by just a few days no more-. In that speech, Honecker warned the Germans no to fall into the "old mistakes of the past", trying to arose the fears that the memories of the wars that took place while the Hohenzollern were in power in Germany. In that, Honecker failed miserably, as the Germans began to became interested in its former past, that had been a forbidden and unespeakeable matter during the Syndicalist age. A twist of fate, you may call it that way.

It would take some years, indeed, but finally, His (Imperial and) Royal Highness Friedrich Wilhelm Ferdinand, Prinz von Preußen (1), returned to Germany, and, despiste the fact that he neither wanted any political role nor he aimed at such -„Ich habe als Chef des Hauses Hohenzollern keine politische Rolle und strebe dies auch nicht an“, he had declared just prior to his return to Germany-, the chaotic situation of the fatherland changed his mind. Thus, at the head of the Royal and Imperial Party of Germany (Königliche und Kaiserliche Partei Deutschlands or KKPD (2)), Prince Friedrich -the fact he had been in Sweden was forgotten conveniently (3)- joined the race for power. At his side had a young man called Konrad von Stauffenberg (4). Together, Friederich and Konrad will make history.

Berlin, August 20th, 1944

Pl%C3%B6tzenseedeathroom.jpg

The death room at Plötzensee Prison in Berlin. In the foreground is the guillotine.​

Dietrich was looking at his wooden bowl, trying to repress his old habits, that is, to try to guess whether the white bits floating in the clear fluid were rice or maggots. The times had changed since the coup, and he was still trying to get used to be visited by a doctor and not by a would-be executioner or a torturer from the secret service. Dietrich was lifting the spoon, when a knock in the door signalled the arrival of his old friend. He then carefully put the bowl to one side and stood to greet the visitor.

-Otto, you look even worse than last week - Doctor Hans Scheller said, frowning.

-Worse? I thought it couldn't be worse... - Dietrich's voice failed and broke.

The doctor helped Dietrich back to the bench. Times may have changed, good might be better, and the new government may be working hard to change things, but old habits die hard, Dietrich thought. And prisons are quite late at implementing changes. Doctor Schellers' smile was warm, though.

-Did you find out anything about Maria? - Dietrich asked.

-I'm afraid not, Otto.

Dietrich closed his eyes. Maria Dietrich had been arrested because of she was married with him, a traitor.

- I asked to some of my friends. Otto. Several times. They tried hard, but they couldn't locate her. She was arrested soon after you were, and has disappeared somewhere.

Scheller didn't mention that the last piece of rumours pointed about the chance that Maria could have been in a train caught in the bombing of Dresden (5).

Dietrich moved his forehead. He didn't want the doctor to see his tears. Dr. Scheller gripped Dietrich's hand.

-Don't give up hope, Otto - the doctor said - You are still alive. You have survived this long. Don't give up. I've been told that the new government is going to free all those arrested by clumsy reasons on the last stages of the war. Don't give up.

Giving his back to his friend, Dietrich lay back on the cot and turned to the wall. A new government or not, it did not matter very much to him.

(1) A complete made up character, it goes without saying.
(2) The silliest name for a political party, I know, but... BTW, Acronyms are lovely, aren't they?:D;)
(3) Well, we don't blame Johan for that little matter, either, do we? :D
(4) Claus von Stauffenberg had a twin, his own twin brother Konrad Maria Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, who died in Jettingen on 16 November, 1907, being 1 day old. His two elder brother, Berthold and Alexander, were also twins. Interesting, isn't it? But now we are talking about 2003... so... what if... :D Just in case, it's another Konrad Maria Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, ok?
(5) Not the one you're thinking, but one bad enough, though.

Last edited:
Why God bless Keira Knightly? :D

Syndicalist Republic of Germany instead of DDR. Interesting.

What?
Didn't Kaiserreich survive the War of Syndicalist World Revolution? :confused:
So how did they end up syndie?

Since the first post you got the idea of a defeated Kaiserreich. Just look at the name of the place where Käthe studies. That defeat was avoided by Stauffenberg on the second timeline.

Why God bless Keira Knightly? :D

And why not? :D

Syndicalist Republic of Germany instead of DDR. Interesting.

Yes, I've found inspiration in the now defunct DDR. A whole big DDR covering all Germany but with the Syndie flame. :D

Yeah, I was looking for a reference to her too :D

Anyways, it seems society is going backwards if a monarchy takes over. Next thing we will know, guns will be replaced with bows and arrows. Agriculture and Industry will disappear being taken over by hunting & gathering.

Well, there are some happy and rich people in Monarchy at least. In sydincalism, or communism, everyone's equally miserable.

Now this is a very interesting turn of events . Loved the twin idea too XD

Yeah, I was looking for a reference to her too :D

I'll die before answering that secret.

Anyways, it seems society is going backwards if a monarchy takes over. Next thing we will know, guns will be replaced with bows and arrows. Agriculture and Industry will disappear being taken over by hunting & gathering.

And we all go questing for the graal.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Well, there are some happy and rich people in Monarchy at least. In sydincalism, or communism, everyone's equally miserable.

That's what I call social optimism!

Now this is a very interesting turn of events . Loved the twin idea too XD

Rereading Hoffman's biography I got enlighted and used von Shaka's motto.

What the ...

:D

One thing about constitutional monarchy vs Syndicalism:

Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there." Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask God's blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.

Wrong Quote.

Ehm here we go, this is a rough approximation as I can't find the exact wording on the net:

"Freedom has it's problems and Democracy isn't perfect, but we never needed a wall to keep our people in."

Can you tell that I hate the communists?

Chapter 17.

Berlin, September 1th, 1944

The Eastern Borders, today (Part One).

screensave1.png

The end of the war did not mean peace for the new government of Germany. As soon as the firefight had ended, another war had erupted among the old enemies and allies that had been viciously fighting. The mere fact of having a similar agenda didn't stop former allies to stab in the back his friend as the mutual enemy was no longer there to threaten them. Or, even if the enemy still remained there as a matter of fact, there was no inmediate danger of war, as the nuclear threat still bloomed over the chancilleries.

As von Stauffenberg had feared the most, Russia had, quite soon, began its work to erode the power and influence of Germany over the Eastern countries. The dissent caused by the war plus now the actions of the Russian secret service had managed to create a whirlwind in the East, althought not to the complete advantage of St. Petersburg. Actually, its sucess had turned the Eastern border into an unknown man's land.

screensave3.png

To begin with, the former states of Eastern Europe, under German princes and left to German settlers, had almost vanished in the fear and panic caused by the actions of the Foreign branch of the Okhrana. As it has been told, the ploy had been too much successful. As if one of those unknwon ironies and turns of fate, the United Baltic Duchy had become a truly Baltic Duchy, although no duke was there to rule it, but a national populist (and paranoid) regime ruled with iron hand by Hans Heinrich Lohse and Alfreds Valdmanis, two cynical survivors who had used the chance and, too afraid of getting rid themselves of S.H. Adolf Heinrich I, had jumped at the chance of the Popular revolution (almost Syndicalist in its origin) that in early August had send the king to its golden exile in Germany to crush that leftish development with the army. Promising the return of the former king, Lohse and Valdmanis were playing for time, strengething their grip over the army and courting both St Petersburg and Berlin to remain in place. To the intense dislike of the German Minister of Defence, Berlin was not willing to enforce the return of the king, as this was a solution that Russia was not going to like. Either way, the Tsar did not look with tender eyes the new situation in the Baltic, as it did not return the old provinces to his renewed Empire and he knew that the new Baltic government just way playing with him. However, this was not going to last.

Time would tell.

However, the fate of that nation was not the only question open to debate in the Eastern borders. It was also the issue related with Poland. The fate of war had enlarged the former Congress state into a quite big country. Taking profit of the war in the Western Front of Germany, Warsaw had used the troubles in Weissruthenien that followed the murder of the Royal family, but for the only successor of king Walder, his younger brother Sigismund, who had managed to build up a formidable power base through the ‘National Security Services’ and various Byelorussian extremist groups. Using the acussations of murder against Sigismund and the civil war that erupted in 1941, Poland took side with the "loyalist" faction who rebelled agianst the usurper Sigismund. In the ensuing chaos, with Germany unable to put an end in this situation, that took from her forces that she needed dearly in France, Poland managed to "inherit" the defeated loyalist faction and to annhilate Sigismund, thus enlarging its borders, with a bit of help from Ukraine and the Baltic Duchy.

Now Poland found herself having borders with Russia, with its former Grand Duke looking eagerly at his former domain. And, as Finland, Poland did not like the way he was being looked at all. Now Warsaw found herself again trapped between Russia and Germany, not liking neither his new nor his former master, but uncapable of throwing away the shackles that kept them chained to the Kaiser, as there were no would-be ally strong (or near) enough to help her. And its Head of State, Ignacy Moscicki knew that fact too well.

screensave7.png

Finland's position was not good, either. Following the air of changes that had swept the Baltic, the Fines had got rid of Fredrik Kaarle I and had replaced the kingdom with a Social democrat Republic led by Pehr Swinhufvud and Toivo M. Kivimäki. In their understable plight for democracy they had made a huge mistake: offending his worst enemy and his only ally. By deposing the king and turning itself into a Republic, Finland had run out of friends and had found herself again being the Tsar's dearest plaything. Only the fact that the Tsar had too many "toys" to play with allowed Finland to survive, although, as her borders show, Helsinki went not unscathed from the dangerous game. And, worse of all, it was not yet over. Not at all.

screensave9i.png

The next "sinner" had some common points with all its neighbours: in the summer of the Republic, Ukraine had felt tempted to exile his king, S.K.H Vasily I. However, they knew too well that this would mean saying goodbye to the German protection, represented by their minister of securty, Karl Hermann Frank; and the chief of the Navy, Wolf von Trotta, some particular reminders of whta may happen to Ukraine if they choose the wrong path. Thus, at least fro the moment, they rejected the vision of a glorious fate that the evil serpent of democracy offered them and decided to keep the good old fashioned Ancient Regime represented by his king and his German protector. Also, as they were not forgotten by the Tsar and had to give up some lands in exchange for being allowed to exist, having Berlin so close and so far away was some kind of blessed damnation in disguise.

Thus starts my introduction to you of how the world of Claus von Stauffenberg looks, for you to enjoy, if you can... :D

No one should fail to notice the Red Tsarist Russia, with the red flag over the army units. Well. There was just only a person who failed to notice it. Me, of course. I'm working to correct it, don't panic. But I prefer to leave the pics unotuched, as they prove that I'm a complete disaster, even if I try not to be (some one doubted it?).

About what happened with the Baltic Duchy, Poland and the Weissruthenia... well... No idea, really. I "cloned" the game from the Kaiserreich mod to the Ars Bellica mod and... well... you can see yourself. I prefer it that way, for two reasons:

a) It's more original
b) It's more... well... it's more.

And now, something completely different. Where Did all The Love Go?

Ermm...

Sorry, got confused with the BSO...

Why did Finland and Ukraine lose some ground to Russia? Well, they were defeated, indeed, but I thought that the price for the German help would be payed by its allies, so to speak. Hell, another reason for Fines and Ukrainians to fight again!

I know, Enewald.

I love you too. :D

PS: Käthe is fine, boys. Actually, she's having a shower right now. :D

Haha did not expect Ukraine at all , but this is definitely 'more' as you say , hermano XD haha interesting world !

Fudge, I was going to rant about those things that the update included, but then there appear some new posts... :D

Eww, gayish. :p

We want more war!
Bring down the Tsar!!!