• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Otto Wolf reporting to the Reichsfuehrer? If that's supposed to be a cameo from Hardraade's AAR, you've got the wrong Wolf.

Confusing, more confusing because I don't know whose style this is. :(

Mmmh... If needed, I can do a quick reckap chapter each 5 'normal' chapters.

Heydrich, I feel, is going to be a major antagonist in this, great update btw!

Well... there are more bad guys (and ladies) in store.

Very good update, sir! I like it :D

Thank you very much, sir!

Hmm the kaiser is being tricked , Hitler is prepping himself and the timepiece is missing ! Great chapter kurt :D

I promise, I searched all the house for the timepiece and Peti swears that he didn't eat it. I'm as confused as a man who as a very good reason to be confused, really.

Otto Wolf reporting to the Reichsfuehrer? If that's supposed to be a cameo from Hardraade's AAR, you've got the wrong Wolf.

Well spotted, lad! Erm... Otto?!?!?!?!

Well... You know... I was dictating the chapter to Peti and he got... well...

Ok, Hardraade will have eternally the Spanish joke and I the Wolf brothers... :(

Oh, Hardraade, now I fully understand your pain.

I'm going to tease you a bit in your AAR :D

Well spotted, lad! Erm... Otto?!?!?!?!

Well... You know... I was dictating the chapter to Peti and he got... well...

Ok, Hardraade will have eternally the Spanish joke and I the Wolf brothers... :(

Oh, Hardraade, now I fully understand your pain.

I'm going to tease you a bit in your AAR :D

Considering that he will have to use 2324 Divisions to keep Spain occupied once he defeats them in 1987, the two brothers in your AAR are small fries.

Another excelent sense of humour and sophiscated alternate-history imagination. Kurt Steiner how do you manage to hold with triple mod AAR and Roman AAR? Ab urbe condita is still alive, no?
Keep up good work, I'm reading and enjoying every page. :p

*goes back to check*

Wow, you aren't joking. Now you've called him Helmuth instead of Helmut. :D

Considering that he will have to use 2324 Divisions to keep Spain occupied once he defeats them in 1987, the two brothers in your AAR are small fries.

You nasty boy! How do you dare to say that about poor good old Haardrade. :mad:

He won't need 2324 Division to keep Spain occupied!

He will need 2324 Division to keep one Spanish province occupied while he fights the rest...

:D

Another excelent sense of humour and sophiscated alternate-history imagination. Kurt Steiner how do you manage to hold with triple mod AAR and Roman AAR? Ab urbe condita is still alive, no?
Keep up good work, I'm reading and enjoying every page. :p

I manage with care, having each single mod on his folder and my notes at hand. And my pills at hand too.

Ab Urbe Condita is still alive. Tomorrow you'll have a new chapter. Someone is going to do a cameo there. I need a baddie to explain a misterious Wonder Weapon... :D

*goes back to check*

Wow, you aren't joking. Now you've called him Helmuth instead of Helmut. :D

I indeed wrote Otto instead of Helmuth.

Blame the Big Scared One for my mistake... :D

There goes another cameo here...

Chapter 4.

Third set - The Brown Bolshevik.

Munich, August 16th, 1921

The Bürgerbräukeller was, as it was usual, full of noise and smoke, of laughs and shouts, filled with a rush of activity that made an unknown observer to think that the crown gathered there were afraid that the world was going to vanish from one second to the next.

-I told you, Adolf! -there was a voice shouting to an angered young man- The Kaiser, that fool, he has sent us into war needlessly. We have bleeded and won a victory for him, but, see what we got for all our sacrifices! We're still working for a system that is against our own interests and needs.

Rage appeared in Hitler's eye, but he remained silent. A few seconds later he muttered:

-The Kaiser... that Imperialist pig -Then he broke into an appassionate speech-. They stabbed the German proletariat in the back, Jakob! They stabbed us in the back! They have stolen us our chance to give freedom not just to Germany, but to the whole world! They have betrayed us! Pigs... -Hitler's eyes blazed in fury-. Dogs. All of them. They keep us chained and they have stolen our victory...

After a few minutes in silence he looked around and his face redened again with anger. Both raised and went outside. Strolling up and down they finally were looking at a brilliant restaurant where the nouveau riche bragged off about their money and situation.

-Just look, Jakob... -Hitler was looking at the men clothed in expensive black ties and the women who slumped under the weight of their jewels-.You just see defeated men and defeated women in their moment of victory. Is that a victory? Sunk in durnkeness and despair, in lust and lies! It's not when I was young, in Vienna. Oh yes, then, in Vienna. The bright and eager expressions of the proud German people of those days... they are gone. -Then, pointing his finger to the bright lights of the restaurant, he added, with un unrestrained hatred on his voice-. The only one who are smiling are the traitors, the Pigs. Our enemies. The enemies of the Proletariate. My enemies.

They kept walking, and then, with a fierce glance, Hitler looked at Jakob and said.

-Some day I'll awake Germany to make her to throw away the chains that repress her. Some day the Pigs will pay for their betrayal.

-You should write a book about it -Jakob said, half smiling in the dark night.

-Perhaps... I'm thinking about it. I'm a kind of an artist, you see.

-Really?

-Yes. Let me tell you about my days in Vienna, when the Pigs of the upper class rejected me twice to enter in the Academy of Fine Arts.

poster.jpg

Second set - The Failure of a Republic.

Berlin, 22h November, 2003

In Käthe's room

[...] The Kaiser himself made no attempt at resistance, he approved everything: both the change in the Constitution as well as the plea for an armistice. Thus, when the Kaiser with his entourage finally called on the aged Reich Chancellor at 16 pm, everything had already been decided. All that was left to do was to draft the Imperial Decree on constitutional changes. Then von Papen, who, as a patriot was shaken, anounced his determination to resign. He did not want to have a hand in ushering in a parliamentary régime! Even if the Kaiser did not like it, he accepted von Papen's resignation.

Suddenly, after five years of contested world war, defeat was admitted. The edifice created by Bismarck was being tearing down, but no one seemed to get excited, but a young officer. While the resignations of the Chancellor and the Secretary of State caused some debate, the whole issue of pleading for an armistice went quite smoothly. Just an officer, Oberst i.G.Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, who was in those days a staff officer to the headquarters of the Ersatzheer ("Replacement Army"), expressed his opposition to what he called "the betrayal of the Secret Germany" as he clearly saw the real consequence of Zeitzler's actions, that is, the betrayal of Germany and the present legacy of bitterness and resent that pervades all around our country.

Trying to avoid that, Stauffenberg met with Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein to persuade him to act against Zeitzler and to advice the Kaiser against the plea for surrender, as, due to Germany's delicate situation, it came too late to save anything. However, von Manstein just barked back "Prussian generals don't rebel!" and put Stauffenberg under temporary house arrest. Before being arrested, he had the chance to call one of his aide-de-camp, lieutenant Werner von Haeften, to warn the other conspirators. It was in that moment when the order “Walkyrie” was given.

It is my purpose to prove that, had Stauffenberg acted in a different way and met with different high ranking officers, the fate of Germany would have been quite different.

ber1.jpg

First set - The Failure of a Revolution.

Berlin, July 5th, 1944

The war was in its fith year. It had ravaged Africa and now the storm was abating itself against Europe and Asia. It had all began in 1939, when an extremely ambitious and revengeful Commune de France and its ally, the Union of Britain, had declared war upon the German Reich, willing to take revenge from their defeat in the Great War (1914-1919). Now, after defeating France in 1939, Germany saw herself trapped in the war started by its puppet, MittelAfrika, leaded by the wicked and expasionist Hermann Göring, which declared war in 1940 to National France and South Africa. This conflict proved a to be a worse front than Verdun, consuming German resources at a vast speed. When finally the Combined Syndicalist States of America, joined Britain after being attacked by Japan, Germany found herself resisting the onslaught of the Syndicalist British hordes which, mainly helped by Reed, after defeating MittleAfrika and helped by the Syndicalist orientated revolutions in Egypt, had landed in Italy in early 1943 and in France on June 1944. Finally, On the Far East, the Empire of the Rising Sun had repeated the Russian example and had taken profit of the troubles of Germany to annihilate the AlgOstAsien Gmbh and to put the Qing Empire into his influence, going then into war with the Combined Syndicalist States of America. However, now Tokio was facing too the rage of the Syndicalist State, and its troops were pushing the Imperial troops back to the Home Islands. Even the revengeful remains of the British Empire (Canada and Australasia) and the decadent National France that had used the chance to strike back, siding with those who had been its mortal enemies until recent times (a paradox caused, alàs, by Germany herself), grabbing what the could of the dying MittelAfrika state.

Claus von Stauffenberg, as most of the young officers of the Imperial Army, felt outraged by the coward attack of France and had joined the war filled with national pride. When the war turned from defence into colonial expansion in Afrika, Stauffenberg began to drift away from this initial position. Trapped between his individual conscience and his religious convictions on one side, and his sense of duty on the other, Stauffenberg would not began to get in touch with the ring of the German oppposition to the war until 1941, when he saw clearly that the war had become an inmoral colonial war of sheer aggression.

Thus, it would be then when he stated, to an awed young officer called Axel von dem Bussche: "ich betreibe mit allen mir zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln den Hochverrat... " ("I am committing high treason with all my might and means....") -1-. It wouldn’t be until Zeitzler put his project in motion that Stauffenberg had the opportunity to put an end to the war

interlude2.gif

Interlude​

As soon as Wolf finished his report, Reinhard Heydrich felt a sudden need to kill someone. However, he obliged himself to remain calm. After a few minutes of silence, he asked, in a dangerous amused way:

-How many months have passed since the last failure of the Sonderkommando Hexen, Wolf? What was that? Oh, yes, I remember... the Naudabaum disaster. And now this. I wonder what would say Scheel about.. . oh, Scheel, how kind of you to come so soon!

Obersturmbannführer Prof. Dieter Scheel freezed at the door when saw the wolfish smile of Heydrich, but he moved before Heydrich could bark at them. However, the next comment by the Reichsführer put the fear of God into them.

-Still questing for Azathoth, Scheel? Nay, I was told that your department is quite busy with another experiment... –Heydrich paused, frowning as if he was lost in deep thoughts, trying to remember something. Then, clasping his fingers, he said, amused-. I remember! Unternehem Totenwelt, isn’t? Well, well, well. For a moment, forget about that, Scheel. Now, explain me what has happened with the Timepiece. And, watch out, give me a good explanation, or I swear that you’ll see that Totenwelt by yourself this very night...

Even if the statement was not adressed to them, Helmuth could not help to notice a cold feeling running down his spine seeing Heydrich's charming smile glaring the cold room.

-1- It seems that Stauffenberg repeated the same sentence at least two times, in addition to the one mentioned here (well, in OTL): the first one to Rudolf Fahrner, a friend of him and follower, like Claus, of the poet Stefan George, and to Urban Tiesch, a friend of Fahrner. A catchy sentence, don't you think?

Last edited:
Interesting. So Germany first beat France on mainland Europe, but loses against British American forces in France? And Russia grabs Eastern Europe while Germany does nothing?
And Göring decides to bite the Allies. :p
Interesting indeed.
Maps?

Another good update Kurt, as the plot thickens...

So Adolf is even more left than OTL? Interesting.

Interesting. So Germany first beat France on mainland Europe, but loses against British American forces in France?

More or less, yes. France was beaten before the English Syndies could help. Then came the damned Jack Reed and, well...

And Russia grabs Eastern Europe while Germany does nothing?

That part didn't make sense, so, don't worry. It has vanished. :D (I can tell that in the original plans Finland escaped unharmed. I can't promise that the same would happen twice in the same game
yyevilgrin0007.gif
)

And Göring decides to bite the Allies. :p
Interesting indeed.

Hey, it's the same Mr Meyer who promised to wipe out the RAF in two months!!!! And the one who said that no Allied fighter would fly over Berlin!!!! You know, good old Fatty is unpredictable.

In the making. Soon.

Another good update Kurt, as the plot thickens...

As my headaches... At least I've sorted out some minor troubles. :D

So Adolf is even more left than OTL? Interesting.

Even more, indeed. And with more "artistic" ideas in mind. :D

Btw, have you thought of Hitler defecting on Frances side? :p
Setting up a syndicalist government in exile for the poor german proletariat? :p
Just a hammer and sickle instead of swastika in their flag.

Btw, have you thought of Hitler defecting on Frances side? :p

Do you hate the French so much?

Give ze Adolf and ze Marx a chance!

Setting up a syndicalist government in exile for the poor german proletariat? :p

Mmmh... Have you ever seen Adolf running away (with the exception of some AARs)?

Just a hammer and sickle instead of swastika in their flag.

I've seen some flags like that, so don't be surprised if...

A not-so-ugly Germania perhaps?

Perhpas... But he has still his artistic ego alive and kicking, so, beware...

Oh by the way. Thank you, Enewald, for your invaluable hindsight. I've rewritten the part dealing with Germany and the war ("Berlin, July 5th, 1944") to make it more "common-sensical". I'm not yet satisfied about it, though.

Still, I want to slap Adolf and Speer silly for what they wanted to do to MY capital city. :D

Still, I want to slap Adolf and Speer silly for what they wanted to do to MY capital city. :D

Raze it to the ground with V1s and V2s? :confused:

Oh, right, you're German. :D

I'll found some proper fate for them, don't worry.

Suggestions are welcomed, in case...

Raze it to the ground with V1s and V2s? :confused:

Oh, right, you're German. :D

Well, trekkie is quite masochistic, from time to time -he reads my AARs, for instance-, but not so much...

And, indeed, he's German. Don't blame him for that.

Just a few people could be born perfect. For that reason we, Catalans, are so few.

Yes. Very much so.

Indeed, indeed.

Who will prevent Stauffenberg from saving the world? I say it was Heinrich Himmler, in the Reichstag, with the Timepiece! :D
Also, go update your table of contents ;)