• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the sound of Von Von :rofl:

It was under his leadership that BAC was made totally useless! TSR2!

Well, he was just following the great English tradition of making "slightly wrong" decisions, started by Edward the day he promised the throne to his cousin William.:D

Hmm a stock market crash while confusion abounds in the government . Somehow I suspect this will mean some shakeups in both realms XD

Thank God, the market crash took place in 1936, and Duckie is living in 2004. Germany is punished enought already to have a market crash on the top of it...

I like the sound of Von Von :rofl:

Like Major Major? :D

If you have just only one fool, you are going to run out of scapegoats soon...

c'mon, you know that fools are everywhere, and they come cheap. :p

Chapter 25

First set - The Failure of a Revolution

Thus, while the countries were struggling to escape from the devastation that the last war had caused and which had almost sunk the world into a global depression, some minds were working to reverse the result of the last war, not caring if that may cause another devastating conflict. The world seemed fated to perform a definitive plunge into Totalitarianism, Red or White, it seemed, as there was no place for neutral countries. Thus, France and England were lost to that perverted form of Communism called Syndicalism. South America witnessed the rise of militarism as the best hope at solving the crisis of their economies. Finally, while America, attempted to become a beacon of light to the Free World with his example of Democracy, Germany decided to make a turn, away from Totalitarianism, neither Prussian nor Red, but also away from pure democracy.

Louis-Ferdinand's ascension to the throne signalled the beggining of a change for the House of Hohenzollern. Not wishing to return to the old iron grip of his grandfather, Louis-Ferdinand's mind was set on a reorganization of the German government that would allow the Crown to have more of a direct role operating of the British Empire, combined, if possible, with an autonomous government. If it was a contradiction in terms, nobody seem to notice in Germany, as no voice was heard about it.

The Kaiser was determined to end with the symbolic role of the Crown. Enough of just being the Head of State figuratively. It was time to rule to show that the Crown was in charge of the Empire and concerned with it’s subject’s well being,. Thus, the Kaiser began to meet with members of the German political parties and of the imperial instituions as the reichstag, to persuade them that the time was ripe for a change. The times were hard, the old models were in crisis. And now the Kaiser proposed to go back in time? It's no wonder that many politicians felt a cold thrill running up their spines.

Louis_ferdinand_c1930.jpg

Louis-Ferdinand, as seen in a picture taken during his time a Kronprinz of Prussia.​

Third set - The Brown Bolshevik.

The Black Monday had no apparent efects on Germany until a few weeks later, when many industries just closed their doors. Even then the fear and the vertiginous disorientation it caused were quickly cauterized with denial, both official and mass-delusional. Bussiness resumed "as usual". Or so it seemed.

The international news helped to keep this illusion in Europe. The news of the failed coup d'etat in Australia (March, 5th 1936), which followed the death of his Prime Minister, refuelled the Red Scare towards the world-wide Sindicalist conspiracy that threatened the Western Civilization. Then came the Caribbean War, when, Haiti went to war against the Dominican Republic on March, 11th.

Thus having the public opinion centered on the issues abroad gave a bit of time to implement some measures to redress the balance. While the war and the crisis seemed some distant problem, far away from home, calm would reign over Europe. Even more if, by middle March, Germany annouced, in a propagandistic and bombastic proclamation, that its economy had reached, again, the pre-Crash levels of production.

Had the Kaiser and the German populartion knew that it was just a half lie from Remer's Gabinet, the Reichsklanzer would have found himself swinning in too deep waters.

bigbenc.jpg

The Big Ben in those dark times...

Meanwhile, in London, Adolf Hitler had met with the British Cabinet, and, after a long and protacted series of gatherings, had obtained the first tool to conquer his dream: to rule Germany on his way to Freedom and the Worker's Paradise. Initally, Britain would just provide him with funds to reorganize his party, and to create an underground movement that, when the moment arise, would topple the Hunnic Master from his throne. To find the weapons he would need to travel to Paris.

Hitler couldn't avoid smiling at the thought that, again, as in the times of the Napoleonic wars, the British went to war just by funding their allies, not by sending his armies to the battlefield.

Last edited:
Hitler couldn't avoid smiling at the thought that, again, as in the times of the Napoleonic wars, the British went to war just by funding their allies, not by sending his armies to the battlefield.

Ahem.

A small exception. :D

Well, that's very British. Those who have the means to do so, can have their wars fought by others if one pays them well. :p

Ask the Gurkas...

Is it just me or does KronPrinz L-F look like a rat?:wacko:

Perhaps does the rat look like a prince? Sheer coincidence...

In Leipzig you could find more Spaniards in the French army than Brits on the Allied force. :D:D

A small exception. :D

And God be praised for that exception. Otherwise, if good old Blücher and good old Prince of Orange were alone in co mmand, Waterloo could had had a very different ending.

Sorry, Gaiasabre11 ;)

Well the British will be British, Germans will be Germans, and Hitler...and Hitler...ah forget about it.

A bad painter? :D

I sense the foundations for misery set.

Do you feel an alteration in the Force, young padawan?

And God be praised for that exception. Otherwise, if good old Blücher and good old Prince of Orange were alone in co mmand, Waterloo could had had a very different ending.

Sorry, Gaiasabre11 ;)

I already gave Waterloo a different ending in my AAR, hahaha. :p

Nice spin of storyline. Diffrent timelines are nicely crossing trough story.

Chapter 26

Second set - The Failure of a Republic

Berlin, April 23rd, 2004.

April 23rd was to be remembered for many as the day when Mathias Rust, after nearly avoiding colliding with the Big Ben, after circling the city for some time, he was able to land his Reims Cessna F172P D-ECJB on Southwark Bridge.

Good old Ducky was not going to be one of those, as he had his own reasons to remeber that day.

Rust, after bien arrested by the British bobbies, would claim -during his trial for hooliganism, disregard of aviation laws and breaching of the British tea time break- that he had escaped from Germany to warn the world that an evil worst than any had the world ever dreamt had befallen over the Reich.

The claim might have caused some upheaval had not been revelead that Rust had a serious mental illnes which dated back to 1989, when, while doing his obligatory community service (Zivildienst) in a German hospital, he stabbed a female co-worker who had rejected him. The injuries were life-threatening and he was sentenced to four years in prison for attempted murder and was released after having served fifteen months. Sentenced to four years, Rust will fade into oblivion.

bri4.jpg

As said, Ducky was not one of those who would remember Rust flight, due to several reasons. It will be wiser to leave the most important one, related with his wife, to later on. But not oo late.

The day had started badly to him. As it was the normal use in those days, he kept fighting (and loosing) his doomed war against his is Private Secretary, Bernard von Schwarzerwäldchen, and the Permament Secretary of the DAA, Humbert Freiherr von Funck. It goes without saying that he was loosing badly the fight.

The battle of that day began with a problem of interpretation. Bernard was patiently waiting for his minister to understand some pice of impenetrable prose that Duckie had to read in answer to a question that he had made yesterday. And damned be the need of making the silly rot question, Duckie thought.

-So, Bernard... I've read it... very interesting... very dense... very... what the heck does that mean?

-Minister, it means that nothwistanding the provisions of paragraph B of subsection 3 of Section A of Clause 73321 of Chapter 20th of the Administrative Procedures Act of 1987, it has been agreeed that, insofar as the implementation of the statutory provisions is concerned, the resolution of anomalies and uncertainties between responsible deparment shall fall within the purview of the Minister for Administrative Affairs.

After Duckie gazed at Bernad blankly for almost an eternity and a half, and realizing that Bernard had not noticed that Duckie had not understood a single word of all, our dear Minister, who began to feel quite miserable at that time, said:

-Thank you very much indeed for reading me aloud what I have just read, Bernard, but... what does it mean?

Bernard just looked blankly to his minister and answered:

-What it says, Minister.

-F**k. This is going to be long day.... - Duckie muttered to himself-. Ok, Fine, that mean that. Let's go for the next topic. What comes next?

-Minister, you are seeing a deputation form the Trade Union Federation in fifteen minutes, and from the Council for the Protection of Rural Germany gahlf an hour later, and finally, there is the meeting with the NUTs at 12 noon...

-The NUTs?

-The National Union of Teachers, Minister.

-So fitting... erm... what do they all want... in just a few words, please?

-They are all worried about the machinery for inflation, deflation and reflation, Minister.

Feeling like bicycle pump instead of a Minister of the German Crown, Duckie just rose to face his fate. Trying to put a brave face, he said, while making his way to the door.

-You know, Bernard. The Kaiser wants us, his ministers, to govern. Not just preside like our predecessors did. When a nation's been going own downhill you need someone to get into the driving seat and put his foot on the accelerator.

-Perhaps you mean the break, Minister? -replied Bernard.

Duckie simply did not know whether he was beign helpful or putting him down.

New-Scotland-Yard-Victorian-building-Big-Ben-1890.jpg

Later on, that day, Duckie was to have a nice surprise when she found his two wives discussing.

-What is going on?

-We are going to decide about who of the two is going to go to bed with you -said Käthe, deeply serious looking at Käthe's face. A coin shun on her hand- Ready?

After looking sides, the coin was thrown into the air. It twisted and spinned until it was back again into Kathe's hand.

-Head -said Alix- I win! I win! I win!

While Alix, mad with happiness, began to jump and race all over the place, Käthe sat down, looked defeated. She looked so bad that Duckie felt awfully bad, so he sat by her side and surrounded her shoulders with him arm.

-Don't be so sad, my love. I'll sleep with you tomorrow, don't...

-Oh, shut up, you fool! -she answered, raising from the chair and grasping him by the neck- I'm going to sleep with you tonight, 'cause I lost!

As said in the beginning, Duckie was unable to forget that April 23rd...

Not the following morning, when he overhead a private chitchat of the two ladies.

-You know, Alix... after all, it's not so bad... and Duckie is quite... surprising... He needs some practising, you know...

Was that the beginning of a change?

Duckie went to work that day with a happy, huge, silly grin on his face.

Thus, while Germany's fate was being settled, one of his ministers was completely unaware of that.

Something is wrong with the Mathias Rust event. REALLY WRONG.

Chapter 27

Second set - The Failure of a Republic

Disclaimer: I know that some of the elections for the Royals may be seen as a crime or a sin by some sensitive or sensible readers. I apologize but, ey, it's not my fault to have to most wicked (1) and silliest sense of humor of this side of the Atlantinc Ocean. I was going to ask Peti for advice, but I have some kind of hearing problem, as I cannot understand him when that silly dog has his big mouth filled with pizza.

Any resemblance with any actual, real or similar political situation with any one of the mentioned countries or any character here described, it's just sheer unwanted coincidence.

Berlin, May 23rd, 2004.

Hardly a month after Mathias Rust's flight, the whole Europe awakened to a new and unexpected event, the so called "Revolution of the Royals", or "die Königlicherevolution". Even if there were rumours about it since the beginning of the year, no one in the use of his wits would have considered that possibility as a real one. And, to anyone's surprise...

It had begun a few weeks ago, as a joke, when, during a cabinet meeting in Latvia, an amused minister had made fun of the return of the Kaiser to Germany. "Perhaps they hope that money will begin to grow from their trees if they have again the kaiserdoom". The joke was recorded by a journalist and soon the joke came to be worldly spread.

Laugh died as soon as Germany's fortune resurfaced. In fact, it had nothing to do with the return of the Kaiser, as it was a culmination of a process which had begun as soon as Syndicalism vanished in the so-called Wirtschaftswunder (German for "economic miracle") process, in the the rapid reconstruction and development of the economies of Germany and the obliteration of the decadent Syndicalist structures. The old Syndicalist slogan, "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt Euch!" (Workers of the world, unite!) , was forgotten as the Deutsche Mark was replaced with the Reichsmark as legal tender, halting rampant inflation.

In part it was related the economic aid provided by the United States and Japan, but it was forgotten (or unnoticed) by the masses of some Eastern and central countries. Amazingly, for them, the source of money was the Kaiser. There were some exceptions, of course, but the fever swept them in the wave of Royalism that flooded central and western Europe. And both Frederick and Berthold were ready to take profit from it. Both were pratical men, too down-to-earth for their own liking, as they recognized openly, but both had a dream, to restore the whole pre-1940 status quo that reigned in Europe before the Syndicalist nightmare: a Europe led by Germany. And that meant reintroducing the Austro-Hungarian empire and the formet Eastern kingdoms.

It goes without saying that many were unwilling to see that project to come alive. For that reason it was kept secret. The contacts with the royalists parties (in those countries were existed) and the interested parts of the "conspiracy" were kept away from the daily light in such a way that even today is possible to know what happened exactly. We can politely guess that huges amounts of money were used to "win" consciences or remove possible adversaries, as to do some kind of massive advertisement campaign in the countries fated to rediscover his royal past. At least, this is what we can find the conspiracy theories. However, those theories seem to forget that many minds were won by the Royal "conspiracy" even before it existed.

All in all, it will never be known what really moved some human beings to act as they did. Let's see what happened, country by country.

Latvia

Since the end of the war, Latvia and Estonia had become a puppet state of Russia as soon as the United Baltic Duchy split appart. As soon as the Russian grip began to slacken a bit, several socio-political organisations – Tautas Fronte (Popular Front of Latvia), Latvijas Nacionālās Neatkarības Kustība (The Movement for National Independence), and Pilsoņu Kongress (Citizen's Congress of Latvia) - made use of this opportunity to fight for power. As the situation threatened to end in a possible civil war, the German suggestion of restoring the rights of Heinrich XX Prinz Reuss zu Köstritz, heir of the late Duke Adolf Friedrich I of the United Baltic Duchy, as the head of a reconstituted Duchy looked as a bright idea. So, under a provisional government which drafted a new constitution that turned Latvia into and Estonia into a constitutional duchy, the first stage of the "Royal Revolution" was complete, even if the evident question of that the provisional government was completely dominated by Latvian politicians remained unanswered (2).

screensave2i.png

Lithuania

The events in Lithuania mirroed the Latvian and Estonian processses, but with a twist. Willing as their politicians were -most of them former true profets of Syndicalism now turend to the true religion of democracy- to change, they were not keen on doing that without having as profit. Germany knew their prize, and what the Germans wanted in exchange. Thus a referendum was held on 23 to gauge public opinion on the matter and 61% of all the eligible voters supported the restoration of the monarchy.

screensave3t.png

Bielorussia

Bielorussia was part of a bufonesque situation. Still calling themselves the last trueSyndicalist nation of the world (Being Cuba and North Korea the OTHER last trueSyndicalist nations), their leaders had no trouble to become, from one day to the next, rabid democracymongers, to many's surprise -but not perhaps to the Reichsbank... Thus the kingdom of White Ruthenia returned to life.

screensave4.png

Then, astonished, the world turned his eyes to Ukraine...

(1) According to my former girlfriend, the she-Aussie, I am the "wickedst" man on earth. Dunno if that makes me most evil than the most evil human being (i.e. Hans Gruber comes to my mind) or if I should add that to my signature.
(2) Blame my modding "abilities". After noticing the failure, I decided to leave it that way, as it may produce some interesting events about the non-represented half part of the new Duchy.