• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder what Herr Gehirn has up his sleve, or rather in his box... Perhaps Renault can make some miraculous escape, though i doubt it. :(

Ah... the labyrinthine plot continues! :) No fire from the sky, and no Geico commercials...

Murmurandus: ROFL , and I thought you were a married man ! Oh wait ... you're in Europe ... does that mean ? ... XD

Grubnessul: Right on the money , my friend :D

RGB: Then I suppose that we shall have to see XD

Kurt_Steiner: As Herr Gehirn said in a previous chapter: What is a man?! A miserable little pile of secrets !

Grubnessul: Correct , he has 3 henchment with different colour codenames XD Gehirn might also similarly be a codename since he is also the 'brains of the operation' . Codenames may be an essential part of some of the nazi agents considering how it could affect the Timeline

Avernite: A clue is that both a nuclear weapon or reactor AND the Keys seem to emit radiation . Remember the way a broken Key emits radiation from its exposed parts enough to burn a hole through paper ?

Rensslaer: Indeed ! Lots of different flavours we like to try . Season III will also similarly have lots of new adventures along with it to keep things dynamic XD I probably would only stop if I ever run out of ideas XD

Mettermrck: That's one of my dreams ; to write for tv or movies XD but you know , such far fetched dreams . - sigh ! -

ColossusCrusher: Haha I just noticed that XD You know , I've been dying to find a way to use a coat hanger sequence XD

AlexanderPrimus: Thank you , sir XD

robou: Considering the nature of the labyrinth ... hm we'll have to see XD

General_BT: ROFL Geico commercials ? XD Did I miss something ?

Also , wanted to point out that A Baoa Qu , Solomon , Luna II , Granada , and Axis will all be important especially in the HOI2 arc ! You can start your guesses now XD

canonized said:
Kurt_Steiner: As Herr Gehirn said in a previous chapter: What is a man?! A miserable little pile of secrets !

What is a lady? An endless mountain of secrets. :D

I could add some spicy comments, but Peti is calling my Aussie lady, so... better stop while my tongue is still inside my mouth and not around my neck, :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
What is a lady? An endless mountain of secrets. :D

I could add some spicy comments, but Peti is calling my Aussie lady, so... better stop while my tongue is still inside my mouth and not around my neck, :D

Well you do know what they say: "A secret makes a woman , woman" XD

Congrats on 100,000 views Canonized. :cool:

Hardstuff said:
Congrats on 100,000 views Canonized. :cool:

Thank you , sir ! :D

In case you're a bit lost...

dantesinferno.gif

Ah that is a lot clearer. They still have a long way to go! I wonder what awaits them past the Great Barrier.... Also, where, at the momment, is Renault and Herr Gehirn?

robou said:
Ah that is a lot clearer. They still have a long way to go! I wonder what awaits them past the Great Barrier.... Also, where, at the momment, is Renault and Herr Gehirn?

They're in circle 6 , the heretics .

Mini Bonus: The Wolves

pp-photos-toht.jpg

As much as one can tell from the story so far , we've got some Nazis running around causing trouble ! The curious thing -- if one had been paying attention closely enough -- is that the Silent Room has had some hints that they would be coming . [Director's Note: Someone may want to check the Dead Sea Scrolls] Not much is known of their overall number although there are at least a handful operating in China , the Americas , the Iberian peninsula itself , as well as in Russia and Constantinople . Herr Gehirn seems to be another section chief operating in Mexico . Highly intelligent and somewhat arrogant , he has special agents (Pink , Red , and Purple if I remember correctly though somehow my memory seems to be fading tonight) who specialize in assassination tactics . Herr Gehirn , as we know , supplies the Jungle Weapons school with heroin which he apparently hints is being grown under Nazi auspices in Asia . Aside from his deadly assassins , Herr Gehirn (we're not even sure that's his real name) also utilizes the mainstay Wolf Soldier:

wolves.jpg

They're not your average Nazis...

The Wolves Infantry . Herr Gehirn brought six of them (pictured above) with a box (also pictured above) into the underground laybrinth that we've seen . Heavily armoured : a curious little irony is that much of the Great War era personal armour as well as mechanized armour was inspired by a certain German Cardinal whom the people of that part of Europe had particular pride in (as noted in one of the earliest chapters) .

Just as to who the Wolves are are remains somewhat of a mystery although the Nazi connection was confirmed for the reader by Akanishi pointing out the 'backward hindu' symbol that some of them sported on their arms . We do know there are officers like Gehirn operating currently in Constantinople . Lieutenant Drescher if I recall .

How Nazis came to the past has something to do with the Timepiece . There is also mention that it was a 'one way' trip kind of mission for them and recently we're reminded by Renault that he saw them in Mecca as well .

How did the Nazis come to find out about so many of the secret resting places of powerful artifacts ? Part of the clue is given by Herr Gehirn himself who says that the labyrinth Renault built was one of the greatest archeological finds insinuating that they knew of certain locations because of their knowledge of what occured or was discovered in the future .

Oh and we do know one more thing about the Nazis: They have a U-boat which operates out of Veracruz harbour . Although it is certain that they have other modes of transportation , the U-boat is unique in that it is one of the most deadly mechanized units in their arsenal but has a limited amount of fuel . Well , that's some recap on the Wolves . If anyone has anything to add , feel free XD

I really appreciate both the map of Dante and the info about the Nazis. It sounds like I'd reasoned out much of the German presence, which makes me content about that. I am SO glad to see the entirety of Dante in one image...really shows you how detailed it is and how much further there is to go. :)

robou said:
Those are certainly not your everyday nazi's, wouldn't want to walk into them on a dark night!
Can you name me one nazi you would want to walk into on a dark night? :p

Grubnessul said:
Can you name me one nazi you would want to walk into on a dark night? :p

i spose you have a point... :D

Where did those Nazis get that armor?
It looks so...Vader-esque...

Great update.

It seems with every trap there is something that must be talked through and once it is there is something that they missed.

I do wonder what is in those boxes. What could those Nazis be carrying?

nukes

robou said:
Those are certainly not your everyday nazi's, wouldn't want to walk into them on a dark night!

Yep XD They look very .. inhuman XD

Mettermrck: Yep ! The big picture definitely helps . The architecture itself of Dante is worth much contemplation and then especially how well it pans out if you look at the canto structure of all three portions (inferno , purgatorio , paradiso) and you get to see the greatness of each part .

Grubnessul: Rommel XD

ColossusCrusher: You'll have to ask some of the fanboys out there for any of their speculations about *this* particular set of armour XD

comagoosie: Thanks !

Grubnessul: Correct , Grubby correctly pointed out the geiger counter which means something radioactive is in the box . Because we already know of Marcus's method for attempting to open the Timepiece , it is safe to assume that Gehirn is bringing in a nuclear warhead .