• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
canonized said:
We'll be seeing a lot more of them too !

I don't know about others, but I personally don't really care to see Antonio, Renault or Raul in a bikini.

* list is not complete :)

ForzaA said:
* list is not complete
I think it is best if you don't expand the list at all, or at least not male figures. :D

midnight mass, do they still exist? When I did go to them, I would sit quietly towards the back end and catch a bit of sleep, dreaming of the next day.

Atlantic Friend: Thank you ! and glad to see you come by ! Haven't seen you in a while ! Hope you had a good vacation !

RGB: ROFL . you guessed it ! Pen Pen should be around soon ! XD

ForzaA: If there's one thing I can promise it's that there won't be any boys in bikinis , thank God XD

comagoosie: Yep ! In fact , our midnight mass was filled up this time around . I like midnight mass because it's like a religious slumber party XD After midnight mass we eat and open presents since it's already technically Christmas day :D . Plus it's the mass that it's all night time and cool and everyone's singing carols

jeep_60000.jpg

Happy 60,000 Views , everyone ! Hope you're all having a great Vacation !​

Just a quick reminder:

the reason we don't have an interview this weekend is because we're waiting for the 1st to publish the INSTRUMENTALITY edition of You've Been Canonized! so please check that out when it comes out on New Year's Day ! It'll be a wonderful special since RGB guest interviewed for us ! His host was ComradeOm !

Also , we'll have another update to the Christmas special tonight !

wow! :eek: Already 60k views, well deserved, congrats canonized!

Capibara: Thank you , sir !

comagoosie: nope XD Not my car . just random internet pictures again !

UPDATE IS NOW !

A Timelines Christmas: Part 3

25 December A.D. 2007

“That’s the fifth time your dad’s called, Rodrigo,” Taguchi informed the one driving to his left.

“I know,” Rodrigo responded tersely as he eased the wheel into another curved bank on the winding road leading into the mountains, “we’ll be there in a few more minutes.” The exasperation and tiredness on the young man’s face sagged his usually handsome features; it didn’t help that it was nearly pitch black on that road towards the resort.

“It’s almost three, and you’re the one hosting,” Taguchi let out his anxiety as he eyed the digital clock display on the dashboard.

“Well it’s not my fault the closest Lutheran church was forty kilometers from Osaka--” Rodrigo huffed under his breath and looked back through the rear view mirror at the one in the back.

Grinning awkwardly at the face staring at him through the rear view mirror, Thomas Royce tried to laugh the situation away. “Hey now,” he tried to explain, “everyone was going to Midnight Mass so I wanted to go to a midnight service too; and plus… I told you I didn’t want to go but you were the one who insisted I come along--”

Tom saw the eyes in the mirror relent and focus back on the road. Hearing no reply, Tom shrugged and leaned his body to the left door and rested his tired head on the window. He let the cold of the mountain air swishing against the pane create an arctic spot above his ear.

“I’m glad you decided to come along,” he finally heard Rodrigo say although it was a bit muted. Sitting directly behind the driver’s side, Tom could only see the small sliver of Rodrigo’s face through the mirror and his eyes were still intensely devoted to the road.

The young man in the rear of the car stared for a while at the mirror; for some reason he was genuinely taken aback. He couldn’t really explain it just then-- perhaps it was the tiredness he felt from being up for so long and having finished filming just a few days prior. He looked off to his right and noticed Taguchi looking at him inquisitively. As soon as his gaze met his, however, Taguchi’s face erupted in his trademark smile before turning back to his forward looking position. Perhaps it was the wind but it was as if he could notice Taguchi chuckling.

“By the way,” Tom raised his voice, “where’s Carlos and Lara?”

“Lara should already be at the place,” Rodrigo responded as he took another swerve up the winding road. “As for Carlos… he couldn’t make it tonight. He’ll be here tomorrow afternoon, but he had to take care of last minute shooting of his scene.”

“Armitage works him pretty hard,” Taguchi commented.

“Ever since that shower scene they shot triggered a firestorm with the fans, ‘Senor Producer’ has been giving him more and more things to do,” Rodrigo explained.

“I’m not surprised,” Taguchi shook his head as he sighed onto the window. A two dimensional cloud manifested where he let his breath out. “I read that part in the book after I read it in the script; no matter how much the literary types explain it away as a baptism scene, casting someone like Carlos to play the part is only asking for sex appeal troubles.”

“I think Senor Vsevolod was directing that day so it was only natural that Carlos’s… latent qualities would come to the fore,” Rodrigo mentioned with a twinkle in his eye.

“If Woodhouse-san ever found out--” Taguchi interrupted eliciting a smirk out of all of them.

“Why does Mr. Armitage keep them around anyway?” Tom asked.

“I think Senor Woodhouse was doing something in Studio 10 when Armi started,” Rodrigo explained using the familiar for their executive producer, “and they met one day and became good friends and stayed that way ever since. Though Senor Woodhouse is a bit more reclusive these days. As for Director Vsevolod-- I think it’s because of some of their aesthetic similarities.”

“It’s only natural,” Taguchi added, “Armitage-san is making something for world wide television, he can’t afford to take any chances with ugly, uninteresting characters.”

“But what’s next?” Tom asked under his breath before speaking up louder, “Soon they’ll be talking about putting us guys in bikinis.”

All shared a collective chuckle at that, even as Rodrigo took another careful swerve in the mountain pass. Although it was all in good fun, the other two noticed Tom’s tone-- being the ‘regular’ one amongst them meant that Thomas Royce wasn’t exactly the next cover model for Vogue. That’s not to say Tom didn’t have his own qualities-- and being an avid fencer off-screen, he definitely had the tone to rival anyone else in any shower scene, but that wasn’t the reason he was cast in the role of the unwitting every-guy.

“There it is,” Rodrigo said with a relieved sigh. All peered across the windshield and noticed past a few more bends the hazy lamplights of the mountain sanctuary. “Just ten more minutes.”

---

“Ladies and Gentlemen we will be closing in ten minutes,” the sound system alerted the maze of aisles.

Carlos looked up at the invisible voice coming from the speakers before letting out a fatigued sigh. He was holding a few packets of instant Ramen in his hands and some pouches of curry sauce and he kept them tightly against his striped t-shirt which ruffled carelessly inside the cradle of his Hollister™ jacket. Faded jeans and sneakers which now squeaked against the cleaned floor of the frozen foods’ aisle completed the ensemble.

A hazy reflection greeted Carlos as he passed down the wide walkway. Already a few hours after Midnight Mass and the feelings after leaving the church that morning were still raw in his heart. The messy glass reminded him of the uneven puddles of the church parking lot.

He ripped his eyes from the glass and looked down at the crinkly plastic labels on the ramen packets. Food, he thought. Although, for some reason, he didn’t understand why he went out to get some. He would be at the resort tomorrow after some more shooting, but something drove him to seek nourishment that night-- there was a hole in him he wanted to fill with noodles and MSG.

His jet black hair obscured some of his view, but not so much as to put into question which scene he belonged to. In his quiet contemplation on the way to the cashiers, he remembered the voice of the young woman singing a few persons down from him reaching him only a few hours ago. It had been his best chance, he thought to himself, to tell her... Lara de Fronsac, however, was already somewhere in the mountains-- enjoying the warmth of the hot springs.

It was then that his cell phone began to vibrate in his pocket. Taking a short detour to one side, he pressed the Ramen packets between himself and the chilly glass doors that held the frozen foods within. Curving his lower body slightly forward to apply enough pressure to be able to hold his belongings with one hand, he reached into his pocket and fished out the mobile that lit up towards him. “Lara!” he exclaimed as he read the name on the screen.

There was a hesitation, however, and his excited face faded. His finger refused to move towards the green button to accept the call. A wave of obscurity washed over him and he let out a heated breath against the glass. “Why should I answer it?” he asked himself. The red button was his choice.

He was in no mood to talk, he said to himself. After missing his chance there at the parking lot like some fumbling idiot, he didn’t feel like any sympathy calls-- especially if she was over there at the party. Let her enjoy her night, he thought. She shouldn’t be bothered.

It was after these small contemplations that his mobile began to light up again. It wasn’t a call this time, however, it was a text message. Lara again. “No harm in reading it, I guess,” he said to himself as he opened up the communication.

“You wouldn’t pick up,” it read, “stuff in aisle fourteen must be very interesting.”

Carlos nearly dropped his food and his head immediately shot to either side of him-- no one was there. It only took him a second to press the call button on Lara’s mobile number. As he pressed the microphone against his ear, he simultaneously cocked his head upward as he realized that he could faintly hear the sound of Lara’s ringtone-- she was really there!

“Hello,” Lara said through the telephone.

“I thought you were at the party,” Carlos said quickly, “where are you?”

He could hear Lara’s soft laughter on the other side. “The store closes in seven minutes-- find me if you can.”

At that, the call was disconnected and Carlos detached from the wall allowing his packets to cascade on the floor in different directions. With cellular phone still in hand, he began running in one direction. As if following him, the lights behind him began to shut off.

---

“That’s weird,” Taguchi said.

“What is?” Tom asked leaning forward slightly in his seat. He noticed that Taguchi was tinkering with his mobile phone.

“I’m not getting any signal here,” Taguchi explained turning his head towards Rodrigo.

“Don’t worry about it,” Rodrigo pointed out, “there’s a small area blocked by the mountain here before we reach the resort. We’ll get there in about seven minutes so don’t worry about it.”

Taguchi nodded as he closed his phone and Tom sat back once more in his seat. Looking out through his window, Tom could see the moonlit treeline along the slopes of hills and valleys in the countryside. What a beautiful place, he thought to himself. “I thought you’d enjoy it here,” Rodrigo said. When Tom looked up he saw that driver looking back through the mirror again. Tom merely nodded before looking back at the scenery.

“There was something you said you wanted to tell me,” Tom spoke out curiously, suddenly remembering something, “and you said you couldn’t tell me till we got to the resort.” Looking back towards the mirror, he realized that Rodrigo was staring at him strangely. Taguchi already turned his head towards them in curiosity.

“It was nothing important,” Rodrigo said after a moment, “I’ll tell you when we get there.” Tom, however, furrowed his forehead at the intense look Rodrigo was giving him through the reflective device. If either of those had been paying more attention to the road, they might have seen the figure standing directly in front of the headlights as the car veered another turn towards the shadow at a high velocity.

Just an afterthought on the last update . I'll be continuing the special until after new years for maybe until the 6th (that's when the Church's celebration of Christmas officially ends) and I'll include a New Year's episode in the special :D

Great.... I have just to read ten pages of the AAR to update myself...

Well... last time the deal were ninety.... :rofl:

Kurt_Steiner said:
Great.... I have just to read ten pages of the AAR to update myself...

Well... last time the deal were ninety.... :rofl:

It's not that bad XD Mostly specials and what not until everyone gets back :D Hope you enjoy it though !

Happy New Year Everyone !

Lots of New Year stuff going on :

We plan on continuing with the concluding chapters to our first ever Christmas special

Then the second half of Season II will commence

We're approaching our one year celebration in February

The New ACA Campaign cycle is about to begin so please get your voting pens ready !

I'll be returning to Ohio on the 12th so that's when I'll be retroactively adding the missing pictures to previous chapters .

VILenin should also be continuing in the monday night spot when he returns from vacation

Lots of fun things here on Timelines so please stay tuned !

Happy New Year buddy!

I've read the first quarter or so...and the last quarter, but not the middle half (just too much to read honestly!). And I have only praise for you, Canonized. Excellent AAR, and a very interesting and different take on it all, mixing the past and present like that.

grayghost: you too , ole buddy !

comagoosie: haha yeah , a bit more mystery ; can't deny my nature in that regard so to speak XD

Capibara: thank you , sir ! you as well !

Geredis: Thank you very much and welcome on board ! I think you'll hear it from everyone who has caught up so far that everything in the middle is very juicy ! feel free to take your time though ; i'd love to hear your thoughts as we go along !

Mettermrck said:
Happy New Years! I'm back from my second holiday vacation and it was nice to read another Timelines Christmas update. On to Instrumentality soon...

Welcome back ! yep , INSTRUMENTALITY will be released tonight ; it'll be our fourth edition !