• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm waiting for the dog to bite the hands that feeds it. Then eat it.

Do Persian inquisitors hold court proceedings same as regular inquisitors? I'd like to see one played out?

Hey! She's 18, and given that I'm heading for a midlife crisis soon that makes her age range ideal! ;)

Haha oh good grief Iain ! you always find a way to scandalize me !
Wow - brilliant line to close on!

Well done!

Thank you :D thought that would be an interesting way to end the update !

I'm waiting for the dog to bite the hands that feeds it. Then eat it.

Do Persian inquisitors hold court proceedings same as regular inquisitors? I'd like to see one played out?
Haha , you'd also have to ask our local saracen to find out XD .

At the risk of asking you to divulge polt spoilers, may I ask - up to Rocroi, we were following the Purgatorio but it has been a long time since then. Do you propose to go back to that scheme or are we going to jump ahead a bit with a main character doing an exposition to cover the intervening levels and jump to the Garden? I only ask as the season seems to be reaching its denouement and time is running short.

At the risk of asking you to divulge polt spoilers, may I ask - up to Rocroi, we were following the Purgatorio but it has been a long time since then. Do you propose to go back to that scheme or are we going to jump ahead a bit with a main character doing an exposition to cover the intervening levels and jump to the Garden? I only ask as the season seems to be reaching its denouement and time is running short.

A good question. I had decided to change a few things up for the sake of getting updates out through this busy time but I do plan on finishing the purgatory / tree of life dichotomy this season.

tumblr_l37luwySYY1qbg16co1_500.gif

Looks like time's up for Timelines .

After a bit of 'market research' as it were , Timelines isn't performing as well as I had expected .

So I figured it's time to cancel the old girl .

She's been a lot of fun throughout the entire journey but ended up getting too long . A lot longer than I expected .

After averaging two comments or two per update I wasn't exactly encouraged , but it's alright . I've had other things on my plate as well .

I've been developing a space opera with someone I ended up having a crush on . Talk about taking a lot of time out of my day ! Also working on writing for that video game has been taking up some energetic juices .

For the loyal fans that have kept up for so long . I do apologize . It's one of those things though : You think that a TV show will just keep going but then if ratings get too low , it has to be canceled .

I'll move on to smaller projects . Some Tangential work from Timelines too ought to be fun . I'll still be around in AARland hopefully spinning some new tales . It's time to reinvent myself .

Worst. Birthday present. EVER. :mad:

I'm really sad to hear this. I've always followed this AAR as a lurker. Very sad to see it go. :(

Well...that was pretty sudden.

But all the best with your future work, if this one is anything to judge by, it will be great.

And you will always remain an AAR pioneer in many senses.

At least Epilogue it for us...:(

Ey ey ey!

Why not putting it on hold instead of killing the girl! Remember, killing is a sin!!!! And a mortal one!!!!

A Peti will crush you if you just do it!

Oh no!!! Fox has taken over the Paradox AAR forum. Curse you Rupert Murdoch and your cancelling of my favourite shows.

On a more serious note, I have been following this AAR since day one. I respect your decision to put Timelines aside. You certainly have to want to write and I know what a mammoth effort you have put in to get this far. Maybe with the Summer break you can come back to the storyline with some new energy. I prefer to think that until then, Nia and the others will be taken to a farm where theycan play all the other puppies.

I'll do a more fitting eulogy once you finish the 3 part epilogue to wrap up the loose ends.

rabble rabble rabble!

(though I fully understand, and can sympathise with, the reasoning)

'Tis a sad day :(

Could you have at least finished this season. Even if it meant giving us a chapter monthly, or something. Even a longer hiatus wouldn't have been bad. But terminating it?!

Last edited:
I'm surprised, and not, at the same time.

Timelines will always be a behemoth of an AAR, and I'll always remember it as something I'd always and will always look up to. I remember the many days writing my poopy little CK AAR, and when I broke into EU3, how I stood in awe of Timelines.

You really built a community around Timelines, and as a person and a WritAAR, you brought me into AARland proper, and kept me on the straight and narrow. I'm proud that I've managed to lend a helping hand at times, and sorry I could not do more.

Still, it's good to hear you're still around, just thought I'd write a little on my thoughts, just to let you know I'm still reading, even though I'm so bad at commenting, hell, even my game in SPVII is going to hell. Thanks for giving me so many cameos too XD, I hope someday you'll finish off Timelines, but it's better to do it on your time schedule, when you feel properly inspired.

Congrats C, and damned well done.

Worst. Birthday present. EVER. :mad:

I'm really sad to hear this. I've always followed this AAR as a lurker. Very sad to see it go. :(

Awww i'm sorry ! Thank you for your patronage !

Well, it's your decision! I'll be looking forward to your future AARs!

Thank you !

Well...that was pretty sudden.

But all the best with your future work, if this one is anything to judge by, it will be great.

And you will always remain an AAR pioneer in many senses.

I really do appreciate that !

At least Epilogue it for us...:(

I don't think I can do an epilogue that would do it justice I'm afraid . If i ever do one it would have to be like several chapters long . I'll think about it though . If I do make an epilogue it'll be a surprise in the far future with pages upon pages to read .

What? Nooooooooooooooooo! *breaks down crying* :(
Why did you do this?:mad:

I agree. We need more. Just an epilogue, Canonized. Please.:p
I'm sad to see it go.

Long AARs just aren't as popular nowadays . Hard to get new readers as well . Plus I've been on the ole girl for too long . I'll think of an epilogue , but I'll just take it easy for now .

Well, this is a real shame, but I understand your reasons.

Just be sure to keep writing!

I will :D

Ey ey ey!

Why not putting it on hold instead of killing the girl! Remember, killing is a sin!!!! And a mortal one!!!!

A Peti will crush you if you just do it!

=( I'm sorry ! I won't call it killing her : we'll just cryogenically freeze her for future generations .

Oh no!!! Fox has taken over the Paradox AAR forum. Curse you Rupert Murdoch and your cancelling of my favourite shows.

On a more serious note, I have been following this AAR since day one. I respect your decision to put Timelines aside. You certainly have to want to write and I know what a mammoth effort you have put in to get this far. Maybe with the Summer break you can come back to the storyline with some new energy. I prefer to think that until then, Nia and the others will be taken to a farm where theycan play all the other puppies.

I'll do a more fitting eulogy once you finish the 3 part epilogue to wrap up the loose ends.

haha . thank you very much . Like I said , I don't think an epilogue would do it justice . I'd have to think long and hard about it . But you were always one of my most favourite fans , Davout . I hope you'll still be around .

rabble rabble rabble!

(though I fully understand, and can sympathise with, the reasoning)

An era comes to an end. :(

'Tis a sad day :(

thank you all for your support !

Could you have at least finished this season. Even if it meant giving us a chapter monthly, or something. Even a longer hiatus wouldn't have been bad. But terminating it?!

I'll think about that too . we were getting rather close to the end of Season III . I'll reformulate and get back to you

I'm surprised, and not, at the same time.

Timelines will always be a behemoth of an AAR, and I'll always remember it as something I'd always and will always look up to. I remember the many days writing my poopy little CK AAR, and when I broke into EU3, how I stood in awe of Timelines.

You really built a community around Timelines, and as a person and a WritAAR, you brought me into AARland proper, and kept me on the straight and narrow. I'm proud that I've managed to lend a helping hand at times, and sorry I could not do more.

Still, it's good to hear you're still around, just thought I'd write a little on my thoughts, just to let you know I'm still reading, even though I'm so bad at commenting, hell, even my game in SPVII is going to hell. Thanks for giving me so many cameos too XD, I hope someday you'll finish off Timelines, but it's better to do it on your time schedule, when you feel properly inspired.

Congrats C, and damned well done.

Thank you again , old bean . I wish you were around more =(

Wow. I'm not even sure what to say. :(

Thanks for your support always , Alex !

Well on a bit of good news . Trying something new :

Go check out chapter I !