• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Shah appears to have a touch of Ozymandus about him.

Its up to you but I suggest that you could reduce the summaries to the following salient facts:

Current time: Thomas Royce is crazy and needs to stick to the school curriculum if he doesn't want to get into trouble.
Old time: Gen Gonzalvo & Cardinal Ximenes hop into France after running over the New World and Alexandria.
Game Concepts: The Silent Room - its old, dusty and very quiet.
Post modern in joke reference: Star Trek
Showers scenes: 0

I hereby appoint Davout as Summarizer of the Summaries... ;) :p :D

Excellent idea canonized! Will be very helpful to remember well everything

Davout said:
The Shah appears to have a touch of Ozymandus about him.

Its up to you but I suggest that you could reduce the summaries to the following salient facts:

Current time: Thomas Royce is crazy and needs to stick to the school curriculum if he doesn't want to get into trouble.
Old time: Gen Gonzalvo & Cardinal Ximenes hop into France after running over the New World and Alexandria.
Game Concepts: The Silent Room - its old, dusty and very quiet.
Post modern in joke reference: Star Trek
Showers scenes: 0

Haha , in honour of your dedication to our AAR , I've decided to add your Salient facts to the summary . Don't worry , you're under no obligation to write any more but as I write more summaries and you feel the urge , feel free to do so and I'll addo it :D .

Furthermore , I do indeed would like to encourage and spark more discussion during this inter-season showcase on past chapters especially as i highlight things that you may have missed . Would be great to 'relive' Timelines now that we're at the somewhere-near halfway point in the series !

democratickid: You're welcome !

Murmurandus: Good call XD

Capibara: Yep :D will be fun to relive Timelines for me too as I go through the chapters re-reading and summarizing them !

Edit: Salient Timelines Trivia: 36% (as of today) of Davout's posts since the year 2000 have been in Timelines .

Murmurandus said:
I hereby appoint Davout as Summarizer of the Summaries... ;) :p :D
I second this appointment :)

canonized said:
Edit: Salient Timelines Trivia: 36% (as of today) of Davout's posts since the year 2000 have been in Timelines .
More interesting Timelines Trivia: 47% (as of today) of Canonized's posts since the year 2000 have been in Timelines.
(and only 1.5% of ForzaA's [counted] posts)

ForzaA said:
I second this appointment :)

More interesting Timelines Trivia: 47% (as of today) of Canonized's posts since the year 2000 have been in Timelines.
(and only 1.5% of ForzaA's [counted] posts)

ROFL those are some interesting stats XD Kind of astonished at my own posts but I do so chatting with you all here anyway XD

Chapter 2 Summary: The Spanish Curia

Davout's Salient Facts said:
Old Time: Eleven years later, Cardinal Ximenes dies. Spain loses EuroPope 1540 to England. France is Lutheran because Spain is Catholic. Spain starts the Counter Reformation because France is Lutheran. The Counter Reformation is comprised of the Jesuits and a final bollocking of France by Spain. Lorenzo (new character) thinks Franscisco Jiminez (new character) is a bastard.
Current Time: Tom is spending too much time playing computer games. This will only lead to trouble. Tom thinks he is going to get a bollocking from Fr Franscisco Xavier (new character) because of his homework but instead Fr Xavier wants to publish it. This will only lead to trouble. Rodrigo is introduced.
Game Concepts: The Curia - Soon bypassed and not a recurring concept.
Post modern in joke reference: 0 (unless I missed something)
Shower scenes: 0 (the AAR is pretty chaste at the start)

Chapter II said:
“Unfinished business?”

“Yes. Especially in Southern France where Templar and Albigensian activity in the past were so focused on. My father was intent on finding and securing the secre—”

Their moment was suddenly disturbed as one of the Sword Bearers of the palace came running down the hidden staircase.

“What is it?” Francisco asked over Lorenzo’s shoulder as the other young man turned to face the messenger.

“My Lords, I have grave news from the King of Portugal.”

Scene 1: Cardinal Ximenes passes away but not before convincing the Pope to accept the Society of Jesus as a new order. His death creates a vacation in the Roman Curia.

Scene 2: In the Silent Room, people are deliberating. The English have bribed the Curia their way and the Room's operators refuse to bribe them back. We find that there is a younger leader of the Silent Room than the Cardinal this time around. Enter Lorenzo, one of the men of the Silence and he explains how the rising Reformation in France is threatening to overrun that country's political structure. France, at this time, is a vassal of Spain (thanks to the actions of the previous actors and chapters). Lorenzo therefore proposes to annex France as a last ditch effort to save the political structure of that country and to directly fight the heresy growing there. The others are skeptical. We find out that the name of the new leader of the Silent Room is Francisco Jimenez. He is actually the son of Cardinal Ximenes (Cardinal Ximenes had been a father before he entered the priesthood after his wife died). Lorenzo and Francisco talk aside and Francisco says that unification will also bring to close something important regarding “unfinished business” in France especially old Templar business. They are interrupted by a message from Portugal.

Interlude

Tom finishes his Hispania Universalis III session and people talk about how challenging it is to play a minor nation like Portugal. The next day, Tom goes to school and is told by his teacher to go see Father Xavier to talk about the essay he turned in for his AP exam. He meets with the priest/administrator and is apprehensive but is relieved when Father Xavier says he would like to publish the paper and contacts a local publisher. On his way back to class, Tom meets up with his rival in HUIII, a handsome young man named Rodrigo Jimenes who had been playing as the Spanish Holy Roman Emperor.

Chapter 3 Summary: Spanish Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire (coming soon)

Last edited:
Man this is really a long time ago :p Will we see the inspiration sources for this seasons characters like last time as well?

To hold up the line of nonsense-spam-summaries:

canonized said:
Chapter 2 Summary: The Spanish Curia

blah blah blah no shower scene here blah blah blah

:D

Grubnessul said:
Man this is really a long time ago :p Will we see the inspiration sources for this seasons characters like last time as well?

To hold up the line of nonsense-spam-summaries:

:D

ROFL I can do that today actually :D That's a great idea , Grubby !

Why don't you put "Davout Summaries" in each chapter summary?
That would help us skip the non-shower scene chapters. :D

I completely agree, we want more shower scenes in the summaries :D

By your leave, canonized.

Chapter 2 The Spanish Curia (aka Spanish boys don't cry)

Old Time: Eleven years later, Cardinal Ximenes dies. Spain loses EuroPope 1540 to England. France is Lutheran because Spain is Catholic. Spain starts the Counter Reformation because France is Lutheran. The Counter Reformation is comprised of the Jesuits and a final bollocking of France by Spain. Lorenzo (new character) thinks Franscisco Jiminez (new character) is a bastard.
Current Time: Tom is spending too much time playing computer games. This will only lead to trouble. Tom thinks he is going to get a bollocking from Fr Franscisco Xavier (new character) because of his homework but instead Fr Xavier wants to publish it. This will only lead to trouble. Rodrigo is introduced.
Game Concepts: The Curia - Soon bypassed and not a recurring concept.
Post modern in joke reference: 0 (unless I missed something)
Shower scenes: 0 (the AAR is pretty chaste at the start)

ColossusCrusher said:
Why don't you put "Davout Summaries" in each chapter summary?
That would help us skip the non-shower scene chapters. :D

ROFL you guys are like rabid dogs XD

Capibara: I think I'll have to write a shower scene special just to make fun of all of you guys ! haha

Davout: Thank you again and once more added :D I'm enjoying reliving the old chapters and especially being able to poke fun at them every now and then , thank you , Davout :D . All I need now is a Ney , Murat , Soult ...

Maybe I will finally find out what this Time Piece Thingie Stuff is all about... :p ;) :D

Yes, we need a chapter devoted to shower scenes!
That would be perfect!

We're not rabid, just mad!

Please, post a shower scene with Queen Elizabeth II...that oughta give these boys some nightmares! Then the rest of us readers trying to stay pure and chaste won't have to deal with the constant clamoring for baccanalia...

:p

TheExecuter

TheExecuter said:
Please, post a shower scene with Queen Elizabeth II...that oughta give these boys some nightmares! Then the rest of us readers trying to stay pure and chaste won't have to deal with the constant clamoring for baccanalia...

TheExecuter

-_- Not funny... :p

TheExecuter said:

TheExecuter
You do realise this is timelines yes? A 1940's timeline isn't entirely implausible (considering the nazi's appear to be a fairly prominent)
..I think some among "these boys" would settle for that :p