• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel very heroisch now, ja? :)

but more timepieces? :yikes:

The Bilderberg (group), ofcourse, is FAR too obvious if you actually type it out :) (and, I suppose romanfellow =rockefeller)

As to Dante; well, atleast they didn't fall to sin YET.. I'm curious which arch the soldiers will enter (should they manage to follow) though ;)
...I'm also curious how the various circles will translate into traps (some seem fairly obvious, others much less so...)

English Patriot: Yep ! XD Lots of goodies this time around and one of my professors told me that if I ever wanted to make an epic , a trip to the underworld is necessary XD since all the greats had it . Trying to get back to my roots as amateurly as I can haha .

VILenin: ROFL , abridged version HUFF . I'm sure we can cover a few in one chapter XD Either way it'll make for one epic adventure !

comagoosie: Haha , obviously you're unfamiliar with the punishment of the hoarders and wasters if you have to ask about boulders XD

Avernite: An interesting idea , but we have to remember that they could have run off with one set of Keys but they chose to sell it instead to the Ming/Wolves group . They wanted money for Operation Supernova so it has to be something else .

ForzaA: Haha , well it's just the name of the mountain but I wanted to make the secret organization connotations clear with that XD . You're close with your description of Romenfeller , though it's a play on the Romefeller Foundation which is one of my favs XD I even made this avatar for when I finally reach 3000 with their coat of arms superimposed on the bicephalous HRE eagle:
romefeller1.png
although if anyone out there likes it I wouldn't mind letting them have it . I made it myself (after English Patriot was kind enough to tutor me on the blending template) so I feel like paying forward the good luck I had in making it .

Murmurandus: So do I ! Can't wait for the new movie XD

canonized said:
(after English Patriot was kind enough to tutor me on the blending template)

Glad to be of service! :D

Nice writing place. I too brainstorm on the couch. Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to store notes...I merely end up storing it all in my head, then get dissapointed when I can't remember that awesome turn of phrase! Oh well. Don't let the Eye oppose you!

Onwards, for the glory of AARland!

TheExecuter

Interesting parallels between heaven, hell and limbo. Especially like the Dante reference.

Nice (future) avatar. Though according to the forum rules, you can have a adm grant you one ;)
forum rules said:
In addition, the Administrators may also grant custom avatars, which allows you to select your own avatar image. Users with 3000 posts or more can request Custom avatars. Remember that they still have to comply with the standard shapes and size of the Standard avatars.
I think it is about time for me to start making one :D

English Patriot: Huzzah :D

TheExecuter: Hooray ! Very glad to have you back XD . Yep , nice place to contemplate what I'd like to write next etc . Glad you enjoyed the bonus XD

JimboIX: I'm going to have a lot of fun with the adaptations :D

comagoosie: I'll just wait it out I think . I shouldn't be that far behind XD

Isn't Romefeller from Gundam?
What's BilderBerg?

canonized said:
To that end, it was the reason why Colonel Miguel had sent some of his best students who understood the necessity of gaining more of the product to attempt to pick off some of the travelers before they reached the base. His best student whom they called “Iceman” for his even-tempered and almost cold-blooded execution of drills, as well as some of the others including “Goose”, “Wolfman”, and “Holy Wood” were sent with a small team to do the deed. A deed, the Colonel later found out, which only succeeded in killing a marine and a few horses. His opponents were certainly an innovative group, the Colonel admitted—especially when they were together.

Goose, its time to bust the tower

No, no Mav, you can't do this!

Tower, this is Ghostrider, requesting a flyby...

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

:cool:

TheExecuter

Wait a minute!

So...the Germans are the 'third party'...hmm.

Anyone notice that the major factions in this AAR could conform to the major religions in the EU universe? Spain for the Catholics, Persia for Islam, Ming for the eastern religions, and Germans for Protestants? I may have to root for 'ze' Germans now! That or it is now late enough that my sleep deprived brain is inventing things...must...keep...reading...

TheExecuter

canonized said:
A few of the students sighed a kind of aw at Sr. Joseph’s words that caught Tom off guard. Even he admitted that the reasoning intrigued him. In fact, it intrigued him enough that he began scribbling some more on his paper. “An object that was intended by God to have the power to bring his plan together,” he wrote down. All he needed now was to give it a name.

So, back to the beginning...

...his plan? or His plan?...big difference you know...

The wheels in my head are turning now. Must read on....

TheExecuter

ForzaA said:
What, then, is the difference between using a magic wand, stone, or incantation, and the usage of prayer? Or the difference between an ascetic lifestyle and the lifestyle of a shaman (many rituals are involved) ?

Perhaps the method has something to do with its acceptance? Prayer being the set apart method which brings glory to God; while magic wand, stone, or incantation brings glory to the wand, stone, or chanter? The thing to remember is that God is not some machine (input A = output B) but someone much more complicated.

Edit: Just saw the 'colored text.' I've adjusted this post accordingly.

TheExecuter

Last edited:
canonized said:
Of course that was when the Timepiece entered the vision of his mind’s eye. He did not even know what it looked like, but he had coined the phrase himself. It was only after Rodrigo had told him what it truly meant that he, at first, sensed a great danger from this shocking coincidence. Now, however, he welled up with a sense of hope. What if the horrors he had seen would not need to happen. What if… he could change the world? If Rodrigo is right, then he must be the one to make the choice: the ultimate choice; to cast out the world they know. And it rested in one young man.

Tom looked down both sides of the hallway before taking out his cell phone. He had nearly forgotten he had it with him, but ever since they gave him his regular clothes back, the force of habit brought the barely charged machine into his pocket and now into his hand. He had not thought about using it since roaming charges in Japan would have been exorbitant, but it did not seem to matter now. He scrolled down to where Marcus Councilman’s name was on the screen and pressed the call button. His choice was clear: he must see the Timepiece himself.

Yes! Tom takes matters into his own capable hands. Build that protestant dream!

Also:
Something about the bloody stone is nagging at my memory...I'm sure it will be obvious once you reveal it...still hoping I'll figure it out before you tell me though!

Only five pages to go!
TheExecuter

canonized said:
“Yes,” Rodrigo’s response was fatigued. “No matter how much we’ve tried, Third Impact is coming.”

“Can nothing stop the Timepiece?” Lara asked. “Does this really need to occur?”

Rodrigo only looked at her while Carlos continued to type away at his laptop. “It’s up to him,” Rodrigo said motioning with his head towards the door that separated them from where Tom was standing, “Just like it is up to all those before him. The only thing we can do now is to bring him to the Timepiece and he must make his choice. At least now he has chosen his path and now we can finally move out of this stifling Limbo.”

Tom, follow the white rabbit! :p

And I'm up to date...only 3 hours of reading. Serves me right for spending all that time away! I ended up reading while listening to Mozart's Requiem Mass...quite a good piece for background to the story...

Anyway, keep up the good work canonized!
TheExecuter

TheExecuter

Hmm that's going to be a lot of traps.

ColossusCrusher said:
Isn't Romefeller from Gundam?
What's BilderBerg?

Yes , Romefeller is from Gundam XD Hence why the coat of arms was on that avatar I made .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group and that's the Bilderberg group

TheExecuter said:
Goose, its time to bust the tower

No, no Mav, you can't do this!

Tower, this is Ghostrider, requesting a flyby...

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

TheExecuter

We all have a need for speed sometimes XD haha . I told you on your thread too that I recently saw Top Gun hence why I so loved those dogfight updates you had :D

TheExecuter said:
Wait a minute!

So...the Germans are the 'third party'...hmm.

Anyone notice that the major factions in this AAR could conform to the major religions in the EU universe? Spain for the Catholics, Persia for Islam, Ming for the eastern religions, and Germans for Protestants? I may have to root for 'ze' Germans now! That or it is now late enough that my sleep deprived brain is inventing things...must...keep...reading...

TheExecuter

Nationalistic identifications will indeed make a difference in the future especially when the nationalism of the 1930s pops up in the HOI2 arc :D

TheExecuter said:
So, back to the beginning...

...his plan? or His plan?...big difference you know...

The wheels in my head are turning now. Must read on....

TheExecuter

I got an essay back the other day and my professor noted how I enjoy Miltonic capitalisations . XD It does make it more ominous doesn't it !!

TheExecuter said:
Perhaps the method has something to do with its acceptance? Prayer being the set apart method which brings glory to God; while magic wand, stone, or incantation brings glory to the wand, stone, or chanter? The thing to remember is that God is not some machine (input A = output B) but someone much more complicated.

Edit: Just saw the 'colored text.' I've adjusted this post accordingly.

TheExecuter

That's correct , that the supernatural is personal , not mechanical .

TheExecuter said:
Yes! Tom takes matters into his own capable hands. Build that protestant dream!

Also:
Something about the bloody stone is nagging at my memory...I'm sure it will be obvious once you reveal it...still hoping I'll figure it out before you tell me though!

Only five pages to go!
TheExecuter

Nagging at your memory ? o_O you'll have to explain it to me haha .

TheExecuter said:
Tom, follow the white rabbit!

And I'm up to date...only 3 hours of reading. Serves me right for spending all that time away! I ended up reading while listening to Mozart's Requiem Mass...quite a good piece for background to the story...

Anyway, keep up the good work canonized!
TheExecuter

TheExecuter

Thank you XD Oh but you didn't comment on the most important part of that sentence :

Previous Chapter said:
Rodrigo only looked at her while Carlos continued to type away at his laptop. “It’s up to him,” Rodrigo said motioning with his head towards the door that separated them from where Tom was standing, “Just like it is up to all those before him. The only thing we can do now is to bring him to the Timepiece and he must make his choice. At least now he has chosen his path and now we can finally move out of this stifling Limbo.”
My Emphasis

Notice how the verb is IS not WAS . All those before him have not yet made the decision . Tom will only be part of that decision . Let the wheels in those heads turn , gentlemen ! On your marks ... get set XD

Grubnessul:Yep :D And lots of ways to get out of them XD

Ahh...

So the Timepieces create a sort of spatio-temporal link between multiple universes?

Or, in other words, it really IS the same story in all times, IE at two times with two timepieces, and three if there proves to be a third, and they are all brought about by a nazi wunderwaffen gone wrong?

canonized said:
My Emphasis

Notice how the verb is IS not WAS . All those before him have not yet made the decision . Tom will only be part of that decision . Let the wheels in those heads turn , gentlemen ! On your marks ... get set XD

Grubnessul:Yep :D And lots of ways to get out of them XD

Technically, "is" can be read without implying that they're STILL involved (ie. alive somewhere or somehow)
("Dutch *is* the language of my forefathers")

..It could just mean that their choice was "ask me some other time"- thus making it in part their decision to saddle Tom with the decision NOW.

But since you decided to emphasise it, that's probably not what you want to hear...

Damn, I really should go and read the various time-travel stories I read over the years again, just so I could come up with the most complex theory :p