• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Do not do such things to proper Dutch names, heretic!

+1

--

I told you a LONG LONG time ago, Canonized, that Spain should've used less stick and more carrot.

EDIT: Hmm... who IS the prince of Orange, actually... I get the feeling Canonized may be coming with a sneaky surprise there.... (A direct cross-corelation between OTL and TTL(timelines timeline) gives us Frederick Henry.. Which should prove an interesting matchup for Schenkhuizen)

Last edited:
I just realized that my bastardization lacked the proper HADOKEN-ness.

It's Shenk-hui-zen, emphasis HUI. :D

I'd like to see you try and pronounce both the "sch" and "ui" combinations correctly :p

Ahem, canonized. Enough with your unnatural fixation with the Dutch.

It's called karma; It is the natural way of things that the Dutch should be free of the Spanish joke. I dare say that it may not even be Canonized doing that writing, but just the universe trying to establish the proper order :D:p

12 chapters in 12 weeks and a half, ending with the Tercios sitting at Amsterdam eating paella and tortilla and drinking sangria. :rofl:

While I'm all for multiculturalism...

..I don't think it was typical for the times to have prisoners prepare their own food. ;)

6 chapters, 8 weeks.

What a sober guess XD
All things considered, "optimistic" seems to be a better qualifier than "sober".

It's probably because you're stuck in a timeloop, with you trying to go against the Cosmos and secure a Spanish win against the Dutch.

Haha , did you know that if you think a particular penance is too hard , you can actually go to a different priest for confession again and get a new penance ?
Was it the "update" or the "let the Dutch win" part that made you consider finding a new priest?

I sense a hint of "Matrix" in this update...

And those English are fools if they think just surrendering themselves will make THAT much of a difference against the Persians.

Capture/isolate the Spanish army, and negotiate from there, now THAT might be an idea.
At this time, the Spanish position still looks decent, so the Spaniards are just going to assume *this* rebellion considers itself futile, leading to very little, if any, troops being rotated off the island (to fight the Persians)
OTOH, if you first make sure they realise that the army is lost, and you offer to "return" it.. now that might get you something.

Schenkhuizen.. Well, let's wait and see what exactly the following chapter suggests about what makes him an abberation. So far, he hasn't acted against Dutch interests as such, so I'm willing to grant him some leeway...

I intentionally left the first 100 years of this scenario hidden .

I thought that was just because it was only then that you decided to make it an AAR.. But I guess you just admitted to save-scumming :p Just like you are cheating the Dutch out of their well-deserved and natural freedom.

Unleashing a legion of fierce Peti Nieblas would do the trick, perhaps?:p

I thought you said saving?

You have an interesting take on the word "saving"...

Peti: I mean no offense, but surely you agree that there's only enough Pizza for one Peti Niebla :)

I don't trust this "Roland" guy any more than Woodhouse.. And Woodhouse was going to sell out England, the bastard.

vote III

Each path will have consequences that will affect the course of the AAR
Some of them causing the premature abortion of the AAR? :eek::(

Canonized had a little too much fun with Halloween?

6 chapters, 8 weeks.

Can I request a rewrite of my bet? :D (I meant to say months, really!)

Canonized had a little too much fun with Halloween?

and ugh .. i'm so sorry for dropping off the face of the earth . Halloween was AMAZING . Not to mention something was bought on Halloween that's been taking up a lot of my time:

And while I love being proven right in general, this must've been one of the more disappointing cases.. :(

A month since the last update, if we count the intermezzo...

surely Dragon Age can't be THAT much of a timesink? :eek:

Considering the number of "doubles" working for different sides.. I'm tempted to say the brother can't be trusted.
Then there's the Spanish supposedly being the good guys (but then, they're still oppressing the Dutch :mad:)

But hey, a few seconds to check the room doesn't seem all that much...

XXXXXXXXXVIC (that's 100 minus 96 :p or IIII as Canonized would prefer it)

Last edited:
only a week since the last fake* update :p

* I'm pretty sure it was labelled interlude or somesuch.

I don't even believe in real updates anymore :(

---

but good luck anyway :p

McLeod made me think of Highlander immediately... An immortal by your side could be quite.. useful :p

If you leave Pygmalion behind because of the reason stated, then you ARE setting yourself up for a failure.

----

I find the reasons to leave one or the other behind poor in any case. Shouldn't one be looking for a POSITIVE reason rather than a negative one?

So I go for I: leave Woodhouse behind; he can work well alone, and the three (presumably) can work well together

Technically, the Rocroi pool runs from the start of the battle. So hopefully the clock will start ticking from the next instalment, although given the "brief" diversion we have just endured, I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh, I thought the bet was from then (The mention of the bet, whenever that was) to the end of the battle.