• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played a ton out of the old HoI2 mod for 191, and one recommendation is to move the Confederate capital to Petersburg. The old modder did that, because the AI really struggles to hold the capital when it's directly on the frontlines.

Agreed. Richmond is just a LITTLE too close to the border for my tastes and we all know the AI can be...interesting, at times.

I played a ton out of the old HoI2 mod for 191, and one recommendation is to move the Confederate capital to Petersburg. The old modder did that, because the AI really struggles to hold the capital when it's directly on the frontlines.
I also thought about potential issues the location of the capital might cause. I wonder if spawning level 10 land forts there at the start of the war would help?

I also thought about potential issues the location of the capital might cause. I wonder if spawning level 10 land forts there at the start of the war would help?
It would make sense for Richmond and the surrounding area to be heavily fortified. I know modding the map can be very daunting, but I wonder if you could make all approaches to Richmond impassable except from the south?

Here is a screenshot of North America
Timeline-191-North-America-1.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
It would make sense for Richmond and the surrounding area to be heavily fortified. I know modding the map can be very daunting, but I wonder if you could make all approaches to Richmond impassable except from the south?
Actually just modding the adjacent provinces stuff isn't too hard. Already considered doing something similar in Panama, since the Canal doesn't exist in the books.

I really like the work you are putting into this, a massive undertaking to cover 191 from the ground up really but just seeing the CSA and Quebec done really does give hope that an early release could come out somewhere in the future. Keep up the good work

I really like the work you are putting into this, a massive undertaking to cover 191 from the ground up really but just seeing the CSA and Quebec done really does give hope that an early release could come out somewhere in the future. Keep up the good work
To be fair, using the HOI2 editor to make Quebec and the CSA is pretty easy. It's events, decisions, bug fixing, and ai that requires a serious amount of work for a mod of this scope.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To be fair, using the HOI2 editor to make Quebec and the CSA is pretty easy. It's events, decisions, bug fixing, and ai that requires a serious amount of work for a mod of this scope.
Oh boy, ive spent 1 full day reverse engineering and fixing bugs back in the day. I feel ya.
Tbh i never got to put my hands on the HOI2 editor, i will tinker with it a little now that you mention it.

@Ramiro007
Damn, no wonder you spent a full day on bug fixing. As far as I'm concerned, you basically need the HOI2 editor if you're gonna mod.

@Tommy Vercetti

Also, here's all the stuff I promised. I didn't know if Featherston was going to have a unique minister trait (seeing who he is in this timeline, I just assumed so), so I didn't mess with the minister traits and their names.

Attachments

• For Tommy Vercetti (TL-191).zip
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@Ramiro007
Damn, no wonder you spent a full day on bug fixing. As far as I'm concerned, you basically need the HOI2 editor if you're gonna mod.
You see back in the day i had to reverse engineer some processes bcs guides werent as detailed or were outright nonexistant/hard to find, actual bug fixing wasnt as tedious as that. I was completely unaware of the editors existance and i modded like for 3 years by now, could have spent numerous days on other things if only i had known!. Private projects like porting vic2 scenarios manually were a good teacher in this, i remember reaching a point where i knew how to fix things and bugfixed pretty quickly.
I have to recognize that the HOI2 editor still eludes me in its functioning but im glad modding has been gradually simplified(lets hope the first release of TL 191 comes soon...i really want to go to war with the US and relive that ACW goodness). Really offtopic i know but is the editor even 1.05.1 compatible?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Austro-Hungarian Empire
2022-01-23-15-40-29-Greenshot.png
Looks good, I've never actually played with the E3 map so I'm hoping this comes out. One thing I want to note tho, the province of Ruma was a part of the Hungarian half of the Empire

Timeline-191 is always interesting idea for mod, but, why using that complicated E3 map?
It adds much more complications to the creation process then it gives benefits.
As I remember earlier attempts to make Timeline-191 mod also used E3 map and failed, partially due to complicated creation process caused by map.

Timeline-191 is always interesting idea for mod, but, why using that complicated E3 map?
It adds much more complications to the creation process then it gives benefits.
As I remember earlier attempts to make Timeline-191 mod also used E3 map and failed, partially due to complicated creation process caused by map.
My user base voted for it

Still need graphical contributions as well.