Time to call it. Paradox treats PA better than Introversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

thekillergreece

Sergeant
13 Badges
Jan 11, 2014
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
So far they released massive free updates (new items, features, etc) and are finally bringing Psych Ward from Consoles to PC.

None of these were possible when Introversion was the developer, especially not post 1.1. Keep it up, Paradox.

To be fair, introversion was an small publisher doing things an indie way, to the point that they were working on this for almost a year after they said "the final update" just because they wanted to try other things. They also steadfastly refused to do a sequel or spin offs.
Selling it was a great move and I enjoy what paradox is doing. I love seeing some of the nice changes incorporated, including some I suggested (probably not alone!).
I look forward to further DLCs and where they take this, and what PA2 will look like! (multiple levels? Better graphics? etc.)

As i recall, Introversion also promised free access to future content to kickstarter backers, which limited the financial incentive for doing new things with the game considerably.

PI is charging kickstarter backers the same price as everyone else, and so doesn't have that issue.

I don't remember any of the regular IV updates being as buggy as the more recent updates from Double Eleven. Also, there's almost no communication with the fans.

I'm very happy for more content. But the way it's delivered is less than ideal.

For example, what is up with the room quality system in the new update? Back in the day a IV video would have explained it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember any of the regular IV updates being as buggy as the more recent updates from Double Eleven. Also, there's almost no communication with the fans.

I'm very happy for more content. But the way it's delivered is less than ideal.

For example, what the hell is up with the room quality system in the new update? Back in the day a IV video would have explained it all.
They respond on the Discord and they have a stream once a month (also a stream for release of Psych Ward).