• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Console time limit

Nonchelante

Private
Nov 6, 2021
This is next-gen only. X and PS5 can for sure handle very late gameplay. If stellaris can do it with actual graphics why can't CK3 on consoles? And i am aware of CPU throttling late-game. But to not have this option completely turned me off the game. Can a dev please tell me if they are considering this?
And for everybody else, How long irl hours until the game ends from 1066. ? (if you know how the game works and are simply playing a 1066 campaign) please answer me :( (The specs of both series x and ps5 has more than enough CPU and RAM.

How long irl hours until the game ends from 1066. ? (if you know how the game works and are simply playing a 1066 campaign) please answer me :( (The specs of both series x and ps5 has more than enough CPU and RAM.
Extremely loose ballparking here, but at game speed 4 you pass about 2 days per second which means a year takes 3 minutes to pass with no pauses. 400 years to the time limit means 1200 minutes, or an absolute minimum of 20 hours to reach the year limit if you started a game, set it to speed 4, and somehow never paused.

A significant portion of the game will be spent paused. You'll want to spend time looking for appropriate spouses, alliances, considering strategies and plans, etc.

It's completely up to you if you blindly select the first option you see for everything or research every option to the utmost, but either way, you are not realistically finishing a single run in under 40 hours.

Extremely loose ballparking here, but at game speed 4 you pass about 2 days per second which means a year takes 3 minutes to pass with no pauses. 400 years to the time limit means 1200 minutes, or an absolute minimum of 20 hours to reach the year limit if you started a game, set it to speed 4, and somehow never paused.

A significant portion of the game will be spent paused. You'll want to spend time looking for appropriate spouses, alliances, considering strategies and plans, etc.

It's completely up to you if you blindly select the first option you see for everything or research every option to the utmost, but either way, you are not realistically finishing a single run in under 40 hours.
Notably, game speed 5 (at least on PC) is not set, but instead is as fast as the game can run given the specs of the computer, if I recall right - hence speed 4 used in the comment above.

Notably, game speed 5 (at least on PC) is not set, but instead is as fast as the game can run given the specs of the computer, if I recall right - hence speed 4 used in the comment above.
They confirmed a "no time limit" option on twitter soon after i wrote this, so that's great. But jesus the DLC is taking way too long.