• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TreborTheTall

Captain
43 Badges
Mar 24, 2018
www.youtube.com
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Greetings commanders!

I have been working towards this post for a while now, and am very excited to share my tier list with you! If you want to watch the video version, here is the link:

FULL DISCLAIMER: My tier list was put together using my preferences and playstyles that I have developed over the past 9 months of playing planetfall. I have a lot more experience with some doctrines than others, and I did ask others a few questions about the doctrines that I am less familiar with. If you have any strong opinions about where they doctrines should go, please keep that in mind, and know that this is a general guide to help new players understand why I choose to use some doctrines over others. With that being said, I want to encourage the discussion of my tier list, so please feel free to let me know what you would change in the comments down below. Likewise, if you do agree with my assessment, then I would find it helpful to hear those thoughts as well.

In this post, I will cover how to use my tier list, and my plans for talking about each set of doctrines in more detail.

tierlist tyran.jpg

General Explanation:

Doctrines in the S tier are what I consider the best in the game. Doctrines in A tier are slightly less useful than the ones in S tier. Doctrines in B tier are slightly worse than those in C tier. Doctrines in D tier are my least favorite, and what I would recommend you avoid, expect in a few very specific situations. For example, Inner communion only allows every one of your units to carry a single extra charge of essence, which is fairly negligible, unless you heavily invest in a strategy that generates essence quickly, then it can be okay. Doctrine that are further left within each tier are better than the doctrines that are to the right of them.

Legend Explanation:

Doctrines with a number on the top left corner can be research in the tech tree. The number represents how far down the tech tree a doctrine is. Noble Diplomats has a 1, because it can be research from the beginning of the game. Divine Legion has a 7, because it is a "tier 7' technology (it is 7 slots from left, requiring that other doctrines are researched before it is).

Doctrines with NPC written on the top left corner are doctrines that are unlocked by befriending a NPC faction, like the Growth or the Psi-fish.

Doctrines with a E on the top left corner are doctrines which are unlocked by completing empire quests.

Doctrines with a L on the top left corner are doctrines which are unlocked by clearing a landmark.

Doctrines with the blue arrow and a circle on the top right corner are doctrines than can get significantly better with the use of other doctrines or strategies that synergise with it. With that synergy, those doctrines can be consider as good as the doctrines in the tier above them.

Doctrines with the two swords on the bottom right corner do extra damage to specific unit types.

How to use this Information:

You only get access to 7 doctrine slots in Planetfall (Syndicate get 8 doctrine slots), so you only want to pick doctrines that you think you are going to use for a while or the rest of the game, making your decision on which doctrines you use one of the most important decisions in a game. If a doctrine you want to use is further down on the list make sure you are passing up on an better option. It maybe that a doctrine that I ranked lowly will benefit you a lot more than one I ranked highly, so use your best judgment. (for example, Indentured Contracts may save you a lot more energy per turn than Noble Diplomats makes for you in a turn)

Future Doctrine Tier Lists:

I am going to be releasing videos that break the doctrines into smaller sets so that I can talk specifically why I like each one as much as I do, and why I placed each one where I did. I am currently planning on talking about the Vanguard doctrines next week, but Cknoor and Jimmy said in yesterday's Planetfall stream that there maybe some new about Planetfall coming in the near future, so that may interfere with my plans for releasing the tier lists.

If you enjoyed reading this, then maybe you could do me a favor, and like the video on YT as well as leave a comment. Cya around!

UPDATE FROM 4/14/2020

I wrote out all of my tier list images yesterday (I may have to review and edit a few of them; Syndicate image currently missing):

tierlist 1 vanguard.jpg
tierlist 2 kirko.jpg
tierlist 3 amazon.jpg
tierlist 4 assembly.jpg
tierlist 5 d'var.jpg
tierlist 6 syndicate.jpg
tierlist 7 xenoplague.jpg
tierlist 8 heritor.jpg
tierlist 9 psynumbra.jpg
tierlist 11 promethean.jpg
tierlist 12 synthesis.jpg
tierlist 13 voidtech.jpg
tierlist 10 celestian.jpg

So I think I would like to keep all of my posts about tierlists in this thread. I am going to start out with the Vanguard Doctrines today, then cover the Dvar Doctrines on Thursday, and the Assemebly Doctrines on Saturday. Every week for the next 4 weeks, I will cover 3 sets of doctrines on those days (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday)

Vanguard Doctrines:

Hearts and Minds (A Tier)
I like this doctrine because absorbing colonies is the best option (when conquering another commander), and with this it gets even better. Getting more influence from quests will allow you to buy more from NPC factions, integrating them faster. I almost put this in the S tier.
Frontier Survival (B Tier)
I like this doctrine because getting more food in all of your colonies let's you get more pops quickly.
Planetary Conquest (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because you get +200 popular support, which reduces the upkeep of your units allowing your economy to support larger armies.
Colony Militia (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because making it cheaper to recruit units is useful, but usually not worth spending a doctrine slot on.
Big Stick Diplomacy (D Tier)
This doctrine is bad, because it makes it so being evil/starting war no longer give a reputation penalty, which won't really matter. After you win your second war, most AI commanders will want to attack you regardless.
Integrated Support (D Tier)
This doctrine is bad, because casting an operation on the 1st turn doesn't open up that many new strategies.. you can use it to rush down fights a tiny bit quicker.

Dvar Doctrines:

Fortification Efforts (A Tier)
I like this doctrine because reducing the cost of colony militia upgrades by 30%, giving colony turrets +3 armor and all colony militia +10 health makes playing defensive even more viable. Removes all upkeep from defensive structures! The AI love wasting units attacking annexed sectors. (+1 with synergy)
Revised Safety Regulation (A Tier)
I like this doctrine because it reduces the cost of building by 20%. Pairs nicely with the Builder empire quest doctrine, which also reduces the cost of buildings. (+1 with synergy, building lots of heavily fortified colonies)
Native Displacement Act (A Tier)
I like this doctrine because it reduces the cost to move independent armies, which cost influence. The impact of saving influence is that you will be able to buy settlements earlier in the game, as well as clear out sites, and you won't have to choose between those two options as often. Having more influence also means you can buy more from NPC dwellings. (+1 with peaceful synergies/strategies)
Cosmite Collection Program (B Tier)
I like this doctrine because it increases the income of cosemite nodes by 20%, which will allow you to apply more mods more often, but eventually you will probably find that you have more cosemite than what you know what to do with.
Chrysocracy (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay because all colonies get +2 energy per worker but each colony also loses 10 happiness. A worker can make roughly +5 energy or +5 happiness, so this doctrine is only good if you have on average more than 5 workers per colony. Gets much better the more large colonies that you own. (+1 with synergy)
Military-Industrial Complex (D Tier)
I don't like this doctrine because it only makes rushing units 25% cheaper, and reduces the upkeep of heavy units by 35%. That won't save you very much energy. (+1 with synergy)

Kir'ko Doctrines:

Hive’s Embrace (A Tier)
I like this doctrine, because getting +2 influence for every non-kir’ko colony is massive, and doubling the rewards from happiness event is pretty nice too. The only problem I have with it is how late in the tech tree it is (low accessibility) (+1 when you have more than 1 non-kir’ko colony/ +1 with synergy)
Planetary Swarm (A Tier)
I like this doctrine, because reducing the upkeep on kir’ko units by 35% will allow your economy to support a lot more units. Reducing the cost of recruiting light units is nice too. (+1 with synergy)
Act of Reconciliation (B Tier)
I like this doctrine, because you get a lot of influence out of this doctrines.
Preserving the Future (B Tier)
This doctrine is good, because having extra food growth (+20%) means you can more pops faster/get more production from workers and can annex more sectors more often.
Dream Sharing (B Tier)
This doctrine is good, because the kir'ko benefit a lot from leveling up, as their race focuses on expanding quickly and then using that momentum against other commanders. But extra experience does nothing once your units hit prime rank. (+1 with synergy/early combat)
Act of Retribution (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because getting a 10% damage boost to non-kirko units applies to so many units, but it is not as valuable as the benefits from other doctrines. (maybe +1 against certain opponents)

Assembly Doctrines:

Scavengers (S Tier)
This doctrine is amazing, because it increases the rewards from clearing structures, which is something you will do a lot in just about every game of planetfall. I like rushing to implement this doctrine before I clear out any structures. (+1 with synergy/early investment)
Battlefield Autopsies (A Tier)
This doctrine is good because it allows you to power through you tech trees in the early game. (+1 with synergy/heavy investment)
The Great Harvest (A Tier)
This doctrine is good because it gives 5 food and 10 production for enemy units killed, multiplied by their tier. This doctrine will give you great late game production for finishing off tougher opponents.
Re-cycle of Life (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because it allows you to recover a bit of the energy used to build a friendly unit when it dies. You get 25 energy per friendly unit that dies, which is multiplied by the tier of the unit, and, on top of that, cyborg units get +400 morale. Moved from B to C. (+1 with synergy)
Connected Society (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because getting 1 extra research per worker for 4 unhappiness on every colony is valuable as long as you have on average more than 4 pops in your colonies, and that only gets more valuable the bigger your colonies are. It is a very minor boost, and, unless you don’t have better doctrines to enact, it is not really worth the doctrine slot. (+1 with synergy/a wide empire)

Amazon Doctrines:

Ecological Construction (S Tier)
This doctrine is amazing, because getting a +10 boost to production for every forest makes forests as valuable as rivers, meaning you should annex sectors with forests unless the other sectors available to you provide cosmite or a free exploitation (i.e. landmarks).
Advanced Wildlife Militarization (A Tier)
This doctrine is great, because giving your animal units more hp, experience gain, and morale will make those already amazing units even better. Will make it easier to level them up to get them to evolve. (+1 with lots of animal units)
Progressive Cultivation (B Tier)
This doctrine is good, because getting a boost to food production is almost as good as production, but regular production is a bit more valuable. Having a bit more food is less likely to grow a pop faster, than having more production is likely to reduce the number of turns it takes to make a building or a unit. Rushing production is expensive too.
Arboreal Eden (B Tier)
This doctrine is good, because it makes forest even better than they already are for the amazon. (+1 with lots of forests inside your empire).
Ecological Warfare (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because it can help you improve your combat effectiveness by applying poison, which lower enemy morale, leading to them missing their attacks
Bio Crusade (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because doing +20% damage to mechanical and cyborg units is a big boost to damage, but only in specific circumstances. Now, gives frenzy your melee attacks (+2 when fighting certain opponents/ commanders with that uses mechanical and/or cyborg units)

Psynumbra Doctrines:

Initiation Rites (A Tier)
This doctrine is great, because giving all psynumbra units an extra rank as well as the ability to summon in a weak unit when it falls in battle is an effect that is better than a lot of the effects that the buildings from landmarks give to units recruited from the colony with that landmark.
Torture Regimes (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because dealing +20% psi damage is fantastic for this ST as all of its units have high dps and deal psi damage.
Sinister Chant (B Tier)
This doctrine is good because lowering enemy morale and their psi res will allow psynumbra units to deal more damage, as well as take advantage of more pysnumbra status effects. (+1 with synergy)
Sadistic Indoctrination (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because dealing extra damage to units with low morale is useless by myself, but the psynumbra focus heavily on lower their enemies morale. (+1 with synergy)

Synthesis Doctrines:

Worker Integration (S Tier)
This doctrine is amazing because getting more energy and production per worker on that job is useful for all synthesis playstyles and builds.
Total War Automation (A Tier)
This doctrine is great, because giving all mechanical and cyborg unit an extra rank and reducing this energy cost by 20% is better than a lot of the effects that the buildings from landmarks give to units recruited from the colony with that landmark.
Society 2.0 (B Tier)
This doctrine is good because you have to invest a lot of energy early on to make this profitable (maybe run though how long it might take to get a turn on it.. My Kirko synthesis playthrough could serve as an example) (+1 with synergy)
Organized Cyber Divisions (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because this doctrine costs energy to make things like stealing energy cost a tiny bit less influence. I have had a lot of success ignoring covert operations entirely, but I could see this being somewhat useful in a multiplayer setting. (+1 with synergy)

Heritor Doctrines:

Divine Legion (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because giving your drained resurgence, +2 shields, and allowing them to carry two more essence charges is useful at all stages of the game. Combine with empowered drained and/or the doomsday tech for amazing results. (+1 with synergy)
City of the Awakened (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because lowering the cost to get more workers is great until you get to the late game, then its ok. Getting +20 happiness is alway great.
Technoclast Crusade (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because the boost to damage against machine units is significant, but only useful when fights mechanical or cyborg units. So can be useful when clearing out certain archaeology sites, landmarks, or for fighting Commanders with Assembly units, and/or autonom units (+1 or +2 against certain opponents)
Inner Communion (D Tier)
I don't like this doctrine, because allowing all units to carry an extra essence charge can be accomplished through heritors mods that come with additional effects, and is not worth a doctrine slot. (+1 with Synergy)

Xenoplague Doctrines:

Biomatter Preparation Training (B Tier)
This doctrine is good because it will allow you to get a lot more free pustules units.
Organic Mutation Research (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay because getting more research is nice, but not worth pursuing as it costs a lot of research to unlock this doctrine, and then it takes up a doctrine slot. That research could have gone elsewhere and given you a tactical advantage a long time ago
Forced Infection (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay because increasing the rate in which you spawn and evolve xenoplague units will help you get awesome units if you make lots of bad units and then let them die in combat. You have to invest a lot in this strategy to get it to work, but it can work (+1 with synergy)
Biomatter Scavenger (D Tier)
I don't like this doctrine because it only heals a little bit, and it's really not that hard to keep your units near full health most of the time.

Voidtech Doctrines:

Echo Protocols (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because you will get a lot of resource production from this in the mid to late game. (+1 with synergy)
Quantum Energy Tapping (B Tier)
This doctrine is good because you will get a lot of production from this in the mid to late game. (+1 with synergy)
The Quantum Project (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay because getting more research is nice, but you can get a lot of your research from anomalies now.
Preventative Surveillance (D Tier)
I don't like this doctrine, because while knowing what your enemy is up to is nice, getting a tiny boost to vision range using a doctrine slot is a waste of the doctrine slot.

Promethean Doctrines:

Phoenix Defense Protocols (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because getting +2 armor on all units inside your border will allow a lot of your units to take a lot more damage before they die, and getting +6 operation defense on top of that makes this doctrine A tier, almost S tier. Slightly less good when fighting against enemies with psionic damage. Moved from S to A after comparing to other S and A tiers. (+1 with synergy/investment)
Phoenix Armament Protocols (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because making promethean units cheaper is a great way to build multiple stack earlier in the game. (+1 or +2 with synergy)
Extermination Protocols (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because very few things boost damage done by all unit by 10% without any other conditions to fulfill (like enlightenment) (+1 against certain opponents)
Phoenix Colonization Protocols (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay because it allows you to settle in a sector that you would have to put off too much later in the game otherwise. Not really worth taking up one of your early game doctrine slot.

Celestian Doctrines:

Karmic Amplification (A Tier)
This doctrine is great because questing is one of the best ways to farm resources, especially once you figure out how to use units well in combat. Lowering the time in between quests will allow you to integrate NPC faction faster too . (+1 with synergy .. maybe even +2, taking it off the charts XD)
Missionary Negotiators (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because reducing the cost of bribing NPC stacks will allow you to get things like cosemite sites and some landmarks more often, significantly increasing your overall strength without the risk of losing units. Finding those locations just require good scouting ( +1 or +2 with synergy) Moved to C from B.
Celestial Judgment (C Tier)
This doctrine is okay, because dealing extra damage to non enlightened units with is useless by itself, but the celestian have a lot of ways to enlighten their units and gain a lot of benefits from doing so (+1 with synergy and +1 against certain opponents/most opponents.. Maybe don’t mark as +1 against certain opponents)
Harmonious Existence (D Tier)
This doctrine is bad, because getting more race relation will make units from those races better in combat, but not enough to be worth a doctrine slot. Getting +6 happiness in every colony is negligible.
Distinctive Prayers (D Tier)
This doctrine is bad, because dealing with marauders is easy, and you have no need to waste a doctrine slot keeping that easy exp from walking into your hands.

Attachments

• tierlist tyran.jpg
    tierlist tyran.jpg
    381,3 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hei @TreborTheTall thanks for the all the content you produce, I really enjoy it (especially your 1 city challenge thing!). But I don't like this list. What beginner could possibly make anything out of 96 symbols that say nothing to anyone who hasn't played the game a lot and knows the doctrine symbols by heart and what the doctrines do.
Also your argument for placing most landmark doctrines at the very bottom is - Quote from your video: "All of those are pretty much useless to you unless they are your secret tech and then it's really good" and this is expressed as "better with synergy" but if you really want that argument to hold then why is e.g. Phoenix Armament Protocoll in A tier? After all it's only really good when you play Promethean... at the same time Access Phoenix Archives, the Promethean Landmark doctrine, is at the very bottom in D-tier. Basically for every doctrine you assumed that you have the conditions to use it (like being Promethean or having amazon) except for the landmark doctrines, this argumentation confuses me. Simply say that they are bad compared to most other doctrines or move them up.
All in all I'm not sure if listing doctrines in a tier list is a good idea, mostly they seem too situational to me. But I'm looking forward to your doctrine by faction or doctrine by playstyle videos (but I'd wait until the new expansion comes, otherwise you'll probably run into the same problem as with T-rex...)

I agree with Fluksen. The icons don't tell much to me despite I have 700+ hours and have played almost every possible combo. An excel file with descriptions and ability to filter by doctrine type (landmark/research/empire quest) and race/ST would be much more useful. How am I supposed to use the image? By carefully studying my research tree after starting a new game to find icons for all researchable doctrines, then find them in the image, then recall which doctrines are granted by which empire quests and how they look like and find them in the image too, then compare those 20+ doctrines?

Hei @TreborTheTall thanks for the all the content you produce, I really enjoy it (especially your 1 city challenge thing!). But I don't like this list. What beginner could possibly make anything out of 96 symbols that say nothing to anyone who hasn't played the game a lot and knows the doctrine symbols by heart and what the doctrines do.
Also your argument for placing most landmark doctrines at the very bottom is - Quote from your video: "All of those are pretty much useless to you unless they are your secret tech and then it's really good" and this is expressed as "better with synergy" but if you really want that argument to hold then why is e.g. Phoenix Armament Protocoll in A tier? After all it's only really good when you play Promethean... at the same time Access Phoenix Archives, the Promethean Landmark doctrine, is at the very bottom in D-tier. Basically for every doctrine you assumed that you have the conditions to use it (like being Promethean or having amazon) except for the landmark doctrines, this argumentation confuses me. Simply say that they are bad compared to most other doctrines or move them up.
All in all I'm not sure if listing doctrines in a tier list is a good idea, mostly they seem too situational to me. But I'm looking forward to your doctrine by faction or doctrine by playstyle videos (but I'd wait until the new expansion comes, otherwise you'll probably run into the same problem as with T-rex...)

I'm going to start by simply addressing why Phoenix Armament Protocol is in A, and Access Phoenix Archives is in D. You can't get Phoenix Armament Protocols if you are playing anything other than Promethean, so yeah, there is no situation where it is 100% useless. The bonuses that access phoenix archives are amazing for a Promethean commander, but 100% unless to a Celestian commander. I know that most of the time when I unlock one of the landmark ST doctrines they are 100% useless to me, so I felt like that should be reflected in there placement. I may remove the better with synergy icon from the Phoenix Armament Protocol or move it down a to B tier, as it does require a fair bit of synergy in order to be really good.

But yeah, I saw a thread last week saying that they may wait until June to release the next expansion (as that is still technically spring).. of course the day before I planned to post this video, they would hint that the release maybe sooner. Hopefully I have time to explain why I placed each doctrine where I did. And hopefully they will only add new doctrines, instead of changing the values on previous ones.

Regardless, thanks for your input!

I agree with Fluksen. The icons don't tell much to me despite I have 700+ hours and have played almost every possible combo. An excel file with descriptions and ability to filter by doctrine type (landmark/research/empire quest) and race/ST would be much more useful. How am I supposed to use the image? By carefully studying my research tree after starting a new game to find icons for all researchable doctrines, then find them in the image, then recall which doctrines are granted by which empire quests and how they look like and find them in the image too, then compare those 20+ doctrines?

Yeah, I hear you on that. A guide that goes into all 97 in one go, is always going to be a bit of a information overload.

Next week, I plan on going over just the Vanguard Doctrines so that I can go over their names, what they do, and why I like them as much as I do next week, which should help newer players figure out what is going on in this tier list. Also that way if you are playing a Vanguard Celestian, you can just look up my tier list for the Vanguard doctrines and my tier list for the Celestian doctrines. You aren't the first person to suggest that I put this into an excel spreadsheet, so it is definitely something that I am looking into!

You can't get Phoenix Armament Protocols if you are playing anything other than Promethean, so yeah, there is no situation where it is 100% useless. The bonuses that access phoenix archives are amazing for a Promethean commander, but 100% unless to a Celestian commander
And you can't get access to use "Access Phoenix archives" if you are not promethean. Clearing and connecting a Promethean Vault to your empire will only unlock the doctrine if it matches your secret tech afaik, this is what I mean by it's the same: There is no action in the game that let's your Celestian leader get either of these doctrines. Anyway looking forward to your vanguard doctrines video and nothing personal but I hope the expansion is released earlier than end of June :p

And you can't get access to use "Access Phoenix archives" if you are not promethean. Clearing and connecting a Promethean Vault to your empire will only unlock the doctrine if it matches your secret tech afaik, this is what I mean by it's the same: There is no action in the game that let's your Celestian leader get either of these doctrines. Anyway looking forward to your vanguard doctrines video and nothing personal but I hope the expansion is released earlier than end of June :p

Whoops. You are correct about that. Definitely going to have to update that on my tier list. But yeah, I hope we get the next expansion asap, I was just working under the assumption that it maybe a while

If you want to focus on your secret tech then by the point you are able to clear these I typically already got halfway through what I need from the tech. I'd put them in B or C tier with the "better with synergy" symbol. I think they are S-tier if you want to go for a tech victory, otherwise I'd count them as mediocre at best. But then again I'm not such a fan of the Tier list for doctrines in general because I think most of the doctrines are very situational...

hey man,
great work. that helps a lot to figure all these doctrines out, especially if you are new and want to dig in. Never thought that there would be 91 of it in the game 0o
I could be wrong but the "Architects Touch" is missing in your list. It's a must if you go with Dvar, Assembly, Forgotten imo … all mechanicals and Cyborgs get +1 Def/10 HP with it:

Attachments

• Architect's Touch.jpg
    Architect's Touch.jpg
    5,7 KB · Views: 12
hey man,
great work. that helps a lot to figure all these doctrines out, especially if you are new and want to dig in. Never thought that there would be 91 of it in the game 0o
I could be wrong but the "Architects Touch" is missing in your list. It's a must if you go with Dvar, Assembly, Forgotten imo … all mechanicals and Cyborgs get +1 Def/10 HP with it:

I just checked my tech tree, and the imperial archives and couldn't see that doctrine. How did you unlock it?

Hey fella,
you can get it as reward for doing the anomaly with all these forgotten Emperors in it. The sector becomes a "Emperor's Palace" (?) afterwards. Not sure if it's really its name in the english Version.

cheers!

If you are going to say "better with synergy", I think you need to state what that synergy is.
Ditto for "better with certain opponents". (While this one may seem obvious, its not always obvious for example if a particular faction/tech combination is going to field enough Mechanical units to be worth considering.)