• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gzav

Belgian.
71 Badges
May 31, 2002
Visit site
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
To ensure a better organisation of your mod subforum, and to make it easier to find stuff, you ask people to keep related subjects to certain threads. Very well, and I don’t mind at all (well, almost not at all :D) when you ask me to merge “offending” threads with others. But, sometimes, it’s a pain, especially when the threadtitle you give me is not the exact one, or when the thread is really old. I don’t like looking everywhere for the thread you want the “offending” thread to be merged with.

So, the best solution I think, is that every week (every 2 weeks, every month? Or, if you really need it, every 2, 3 days…) one of the modders send me a PM asking me to do some tidying.
The easiest way for me to merge is directly with the url’s, so the perfect PM would be:

Hi oh mighty gzav :)D)

We would like some tidying in the X forum done;

Could you merge these threads with “thread X” (url of thread X):

http://www.somethread.com (thread to be merged with X)
http://www.someotherthread.com (thread to be merged with X)

Could you also merge these threads with “thread Y” (url of thread Y):
http://www.anotherthread.com (thread to be merged with Y)
http://www.somedifferentthread.com (thread to be merged with Y)

So, I don’t even need to look around for the threads in question, and this way, the tidying is much quicker and more efficient.

Thank you

gzav

Well, that's fair enough.

I do have some comments:
Firstly, tidying doesn't work on a regular basis. If you let the thread amass, then newcomers will ignore all hints and orders not to open new threads. It's just the way rubbish disposal works. If you find a heap of wild rubbish somewhere next to a street, you have to remove it immediately or it will grow steadily.
Secondly Stickys only make sense if they are something special. A long list of sticky threads will just be ignored, and since they are just some sort of mess, people won't care about messing it up even more. Best to throw as many of them away as possible. "DO NOT OPEN NEW THREADS" for example has nothing of importance in it, while a thread "READ THIS FIRST" will be ignored for its nondescriptive title. The FAQ Metathread is really just one posting, since we won't have any new threads we never really need to edit it or append it.
This thread here only addresses the mods so it would best be moved to wiki. (Done that)

Thanks for your continous effort.

I don't really care when you send me a PM, but it's just easier for me this way, with the urls given,i can do it much quicker. But if you send me a PM for only 2 or 3 threads, that's fine too, it's up to you to know when you want to get some tidying.

actually I believe that the best thing to do would be giving one of the old guard CORE members merge privelidges on the CORE subforum so the regular moderators dont have to bother with it.

Ghost_dk

I'll talk about that with the admins, but it would be their call, and if that doesn't happen, my solution would be the best (of course...:D)

Last edited:
Well, the CORE forum finally got two administrators belonging to the CORE team so that we can keep this place as tidy as possible.

Nachinus and I will be moving or merging any new that appear outside the regular CORE threads to keep things as organized as possible.

Remember that there is likely a thread for any type of question you might have and if it does not appear at first glance please take the time and see if it has no just slipped past the 30 days since last post listed at the bottom of the page. If you extend it to 100 days you will most likely find somewhere to put your concern.

Should everything else fail, feel free to use the discussion sticky at the top of the page, which also serves as a pick up thread for any questions out of the ordinary categories.

Thanx in advance.

Ghost_dk