• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EliasTobias

Corporal
10 Badges
Feb 22, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
THY WILL BE DONE
A SCION AAR

aar_header.jpeg

Hello everyone, and welcome to my second After Action Report: Thy Will Be Done. This is a re-imagined version of my first AAR that is now abandoned both due to a loss of interest and in anticipation for Federations.

This AAR follows the isolationist nation of the Holy Nommar Order, which was heavily influenced and is now subservient to the elder race known as the Yondar Guardians.
The various entries of this AAR will follow different characters as they shape or react to the various events as the Order reaches for the stars.

081ZVtU.png

CONTENT
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: MODRIG DEN VATORIS
CHAPTER ONE OVERVIEW AND SUMMARY
CHAPTER TWO: "MAD MAN THODRIG"
MODS USED
  1. Dynamic Political Events by Caligula Caesar and risker (Adds more events)
  2. More Events Mod by Various Creators (Self-explanatory)
  3. Pinwheel Galaxy by Agamidae (Cosmetic)
  4. Quadrant Fixed by Agamidae (Cosmetic)
  5. Ruler Agenda and Traits by Expert Map-Starer L.E. (Allows me to pick my starting ruler's traits and their agenda)
  6. Specific Gendered Leaders by Chapter Serf (Restricts the gender for rulers and leader)
  7. Crisis Manager - Mid-Game Edition by TehFishey (Controls certain variables regarding the Mid-Game crises like the Great Khan)
  8. Crisis Manager - End-Game Edition by TehFishey (Controls variables regarding End-Game crises)
  9. Mod Menu by had (Allows access to the different Crisis Managers)
  10. More Insults by .Del (Adds more insults)
  11. Insults and Injuries by Dr. Bright and Devious (Adds more insults)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks interesting, and I love your banner. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will try to follow

• 1Like
Reactions:
aar_prol.jpeg

"Pedrig, can you close the lights?" I say to my Podium Hand.

"Of course, Ruban Modrig," he answers.

He heads for the back of the altar. While waiting for him, I look at the ceiling; it is adorned with murals depicting religious figures. The altar has a central podium where I stand to give my sermons to the masses. Behind it are the various holographic depictions of Nommar saints. It is certainly nice to see this temple after spending the last two months in a pilgrimage to Prophet's Retreat.

aar_yeerak.jpeg

The chandelier closes and the murals are shrouded in the darkness; the various holograms of saints shut off, all except for the saint this temple was dedicated for: St. Yeerak. Unlike the other saints who are Nommar, he is of our overseers, the Yondar Guardians.

Eons ago, the Nommar were a primitive civilization in the middle of an industrial renaissance. Our home planet of Nordam was full of divided nation-states who believed in various religions. However, a religious minority caught the eye of an elder race who were observing us: the Yondar. This religious minority had a faith so similar, sharing similar names to the Yondar religion, that Yondar psychics contacted "the Shroud" in order ask if we were a "Chosen Race" that needed their guidance.

Suddenly, various members of this religious minority began to receive psionic messages and visions, turning them into prophets. They spread the prophecy that the "Divine's Chosen" would descend upon Nordam in the major city of Podici in order evangelize Nommarkind into the true faith. Many of these prophets were then executed and persecuted, forcing them into band together in mutual protection in a religious order led by their head prophet, St. Nodmox.

Eventually, the Yondar descended into the city of Podici, and the prophets proclaimed that the prophecy had come true. The city of Podici, and eventually the nation it resided in then fully converted. After that, nation after nation bowed down to the Yondar and preached the good word of the Divine. The Yondar then established an order that united and governed these nations and were led by a High Ruban. They appointed St. Nodmox to be our first High Ruban.

However, many unbelieving nation-states decided that this new religion led by an alien race was becoming dangerous. So they sent spies to pretend to be converts only for them to steal the technology the Faithful had. After they armed their forces with the Yondar technology, they proclaimed a great holy war known as "The Great Crucible" against the Faithful.

However, the Faithful had the grand vessels of the Yondar Guardians, who teared through the Crucible with divine lighting. In a matter of seven weeks, the entirety of Nordam was finally united underneath the Yondar Guardians and their appointed High Ruban Nodmox dos Perean.

Pedrig's voice echoes through the temple' halls. "It is done, Ruban Modrig."

"Good, head outside now, Pedrig. You did well in today's service."

As he walks out of the doors, I lock the wide entrance doors and close them. I then reach into my bag to grab a white envelope and a book.

"Pedrig! I believe that last Yeerday was your hatchday! I believe that you're fifteen by now, correct?" I call to my Podium Hand.

"Yes, yes I am. Why is that?" He asks me.

I give him the book and the envelope. "I just want to wish you a Happy belated hatchday, Pedrig. This envelope contains credits for your schooling and this is 'Living with the Saints: St. Thodmox.'"

"Thank you so much, Ruban Modrig. What about you, how old are you?"

"I'm sixty-five. You have a lot of things to do with your life right now, Pedrig. Don't squander it," I say. "You served the Divine well with your seven years as my Podium Hand," I say. "Anyways, it's probably time for supper. I think you should head home now."

"Of course. What about you? Where are you heading Ruban Modrig?"

"There's going to be a clerical meeting with a couple other Rubans in the St. Jorim Academy. I'll head be going there."

"Does this have to do with the recent resignation of High Ruban Feldrim?"

"Wait, he resigned?" I asked. For the past two months, the Holotemple was underneath the management of Ruban Goridrig den Sukar. It is customary that people on pilgrimages to the Holy Worlds protected by the Yondar Guardians leave behind any means of communication, as a show of trust in the Divine is protecting them.

"Yeah, he resigned two weeks ago.," says Pedrig. "But again, you were on a pilgrimage at that time"

"Hmm... Thank you for telling me this, Pedrig. I didn't know." I feel kind of dumb right now. I have been here for four days already, I should have known that by now. But there's no changing that anymore. "I'll head out now, blessings upon you, Pedrig."

"Blessings upon you as well, Ruban Modrig," says Pedrig, and we part ways.
The St. Jorim Academy is seminary for aspiring priests. The academy is surrounded by trees, providing a quiet sanctuary that contrasts with the noisy Podici cityscape. I enter the building that leads to the cafeteria where the pupils eat, because the second floor has a dedicated room for the Rubans and Priests who mentor these pupils.

I walk up the stairs and I see a few familiar faces eating in a long table.

"Good evening Ruban Vatoris," says an old Ruban, his feathers dry and aging. He is Ruban Goridrig den Sukar, a 135 year-old Ruban.

I shake Goridrig's hand. "Evening, Ruban Sukar. Thank you again for taking care of my Temple while I was gone."

"It is what is right," says Goridrig.

"Good evening, Ruban Vators," repeats another one. He is Priest Pendirm den Adasga, the Priest who runs this academy.

The Nommar Priesthood follows a distinct hierarchy. At the bottom are the pupils, who are still learning the ways of the faith and priesthood.

Once a pupil is ordained, they become a Piram. Pirams are Priest apprentices who share a Temple with and follow a Priest or Ruban. They cannot enact any liturgies but can act as an assistant to the one enacting one.

Priests oversee a Temple and take care of the spiritual guidance of small communities or entire cities. They can enact certain liturgies but not all of them.

After he is promoted, a Priest becomes a Ruban (also known as a High Priest). They manage Grand Temples (also known as Holotemples) and oversee the spiritual guidance of entire cities as well as the actions of Priests. In each national division in Nordam, each Ruban will elect a National Ruban, who is in charge of promoting different individuals in their national division. A National Ruban's term last fives year before an election falls through.

At the top of the Holy Hierarchy is the High Ruban. When selecting a High Ruban, the Rubans gather in the Celestial Throne in B'Yond. There, the Rubans who cast their nominees for the position, and then the Yondar Emperor (currently Emperor K'nuurak) and their several High Priests would select the new High Ruban from the pool of nominees. If they find no suitable leader, the process would restart. The position lasts for a lifetime, until the High Ruban resigns, or if the person commits a heinous crime (this has never happened due to the pre-cognitive nature of the Yondar).

There are four more fellow Rubans in the table. They appear to be eating.

"Have a seat, Ruban Vatoris. We have important things to discuss."

I take a seat and Pendrim passes me tonight's supper, Pildas, a dish that has a flatbread and a sauce with meats. The dish is spicy because Nommar tend to eat spicy dishes to pass away the usually cold climate of Nordam.

Goridrig clears his throat. "I gathered you all today because you all know that High Ruban Feldrim den Hullos has recently resigned in the wake of the construction of all-new high-tech vessels designed for space travel. The Rubanic Council recently announced that we will be heading to the Celestial Throne for the election of the new High Ruban in four days."

aar_throne.jpeg

"What should we bring?" asks one of the other Rubans.

"Basic clothing for three days, two pairs of ceremonial attire and equipment. That's the minimum."

"Ruban Sukar..." I say. "You've been a Ruban for quite some time. I believe that you were present when Feldrim was elected as Ruban, can you tell me more about the Celestial Throne?"

"They're incredible. They sing their hymns without opening their mouth; they use their mind," he answers. "Their architecture is adorned with the images of a theological history that lasted an entire millenium. Trust me, your first visit there will change your life." Goridrig stands up from his seat. "Anyways, that's the only reason why I called you all here, just to tell you all about this important announcement from the Council. I'll be heading back home to prepare for the rip."

"Thank you, Ruban Sukar. See you soon and stay safe," I say to him.

The rest of us eat our supper. The meal is quiet and solemn, the only noise being the noisy crickets of the night.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, and I love your banner. :)

Thank you! I was really proud of myself after making that banner and that alone made me really excited to open up this AAR.

A Scion AAR? Oh, this is going to be very interesting! Looking forward to more.

Thanks! I was afraid that some people would think of the AAR to be a bit "noobish" because of the origin. It's honestly my favourite origin, I love the roleplay opportunities

That post does a very good job at giving a slice of life of this species.

Thanks! I was afraid that some people would think of the AAR to be a bit "noobish" because of the origin. It's honestly my favourite origin, I love the roleplay opportunities
Not at all :) You will find that in AARland the story is important. :)

Edit: just noticed the banner. Very nice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
aar_chap1.jpeg

The Nommarian clergymen and several Yondar High Priests walk in unison as they enter the throne room of the Yondar Emperor. The throne room is adorned in an odd mix of ancient and hyper-futuristic designs that still somehow blend seemlessly together. Just like Saint Yeerak, the ceilings and pillars are decorated with various religious murals depicting the millenia-old history the Yondar have. I recognize some of the designs, a mural depicting Saint Marazukal fighting the First Wraith and a mural of Yondar High King Bazagg the Shining.

At the end of the path we walk in is the holy throne of Emperor K'nuurak. I learned back during my schooling days that Yondar monarchs used to be hailed as living gods, until Saint Aznakha led a great reformation that rid the Yondar of those old religious notions. These days, the Emperor is instead the main religious head and after their death, the Yondar Clergy convene to elect a new Emperor. It is an elective monarchy of some sort.

aar_yondar.jpeg

From the balconies in the room are several regular Priests who are in charge of singing solemn hymns. It turns out that what Ruban Sukar told me is true, they sing without opening their mouths, they sing with their Psionic abilities, their voices echoe through my head as if they were standing right next to me.

As we approach the throne, with the Yondar Emperor himself singing hymns and praying toward the large glass window behind him. We then stop, kneel before the throne, then proceed to take our seats in a long table behind us to vote.

Emperor K'nuurak then proceeds to call upon their Psychic powers. "We walk in the ways of the Divine, and today, we shall select who shall guide the Divine's chosen scions. Please write down who you think is worthy to be the new High Ruban of Nordam."

In front of me is a blank piece of paper and a pen. In the middle of the table are several piles of paper weighed down by metal paperweights. Although this technology and practice is practically obsolete to the Psionic Yondar, who could just read our minds for our chosen candidate, tradition is still held into high regard it seems.

The Nommar Rubans begin to write down their candidates and the Yondar High Priests and Sky Cardinals observe us, I can almost feel a hand in my mind. As everyone else places down their pens and paper, I quickly scribble the name of the person who I find to be the perfect man to be High Ruban.

The papers are then collected and are given to the Emperor. We then wait for hours as they review over each and every candidate. I believe that they use their powerful Psionic abilities to view the life of each and every nominee and perhaps even the future of that nominee, or perhaps they consult the Shroud. The possibilities truly are endless with the Yondar.

After the dreadfully long wait, the Emperor K'nuurak walks away from his throne and toward the large staircase before him. Two Sky Cardinals walk toward him with the various ceremonial items . The ceremonial headwear of the High Ruban the scepter of St. Nodmox, the High Ruban's ceremonial garment, and a bowl of holy water.

The Yondar Emperor speaks normally, without the assistance of Psionics. "Noble Nommar, we are pleased to announce that we have selected the New High Ruban from your chosen candidates. For those who have chosen him, you have chosen well."

As K'nuurak says that, all the Rubans along the long table tense a bit. My heart races and my legs shake in anxiety and excitement.

"Blessings upon you, son of Jargim den Vatoris, Ruban of the Grand Temple of St. Yeerak..."

My heart stops and the other Rubans immediately look at me, some in surprise, some with respect.

"...Ruban Modrig den Vatoris."

I stand up from my seat and I slowly walk toward the Emperor.

When I stand in front of the stairs, the Sky Cardinals proceed to place the ceremonial headwear on my head and the ceremonial garment around my neck. They then hand me the scepter of St. Nodmox, and I take hold of it.

Emperor K'nuurak walks toward me with the bowl of holy water. As part of tradition, I submerge my hands in the holy water. In our religion, the Holy Water acts as a conduit between this world and the next, like a telephone to the divine. By submerging my hands, I wash myself of any vices and material needs.

"High Ruban Modrig den Vatoris," says Emperor Kn'uurak. "Do you swear to accept the Divine as well as the lordship of his chosen Guardians?"

"In the name of the Divine, I swear."

"Do you swear that you shall refrain from contaminating the faith by compromising with the heretical beliefs of unbelievers?"

"I swear."

"High Ruban Modrig den Vatoris, you shall now bring the Nommar into a new age. Do not think of this as an obstacle, for if you were not ready, we would have never made your Ruban or give your species the technologies to reach for the stars...' says Emperor Kn'uurak. "Now, High Ruban Modrig, you are now blessed by the Divine, may he and his servants in the shroud give you good health and wisdom. Go on, High Ruban and the Nommar makes us and the Divine proud."

"Thy will be done...'

As K'nuurak says that, I take my hands away from the bowl and then I turn back, in my High Ruban attire, and the Nommar and Yondar clergy give me a round of applause...

aar_modrigstudy.jpeg

I pack various personal belongings into the cardboard box. I pack several books and leave behind certain ones that would be of use for the Ruban who would take over after I leave for Saint Nodmox's Cathedral.

"Ruban Modrig, I finished packing your clothing into this box," Pedrig says to me, plopping down a box right before my feet.

"Oh you didn't have to, Pedrig. But thank you anyway."

With everything packed into neat boxes, Pedrig and I leave my study. We walk outside and the cold, night winds make me pull my coat closer to me. Fortunately, the clergy decided to hold off on announcing me as the new High Ruban. I don't want to deal with large crowds of people in front of me right now.

Pedrig helps me load the boxes into my vehicle and I close the door.

"Thank you so much, Pedrig. I'll make sure we keep in touch even if I am the High Ruban," I say to Pedrig. I hand him an envelope of credits again, "This should be enough to help you continue your schooling. Use this carefully."

"You've helped me so much, Ruban Modrig."

"You can just call me Modrig, Pedrig. There's no need for formalities and that title is rather... incorrect now," I utter. "After I'm gone, are you going to serve as a Podium Hand for the next Ruban here?"

"I don't know what I want to do, to be honest, Modrig."

"I suggest that you try going to St. Jorim's. You don't have to be a Piram, you can just go there to get spiritual enlightenment. The best life lived is a life in service to the Divine, and perhaps St. Jorim's will lead you to that life."

"Hmmm... For now maybe I will still be a Podium Hand for this Temple, but I'll miss having you around as the Ruban."

"It will be quite the change for both of us, but I'm sure that this is for the benefit of us all, it is the Divine's plan." I check my clock, and it appears that I have to leave for St. Nodmox now.

"I have to leave now, Pedrig. I'm sure we'll stay in touch, right?"

"I'm sure we will. Good luck, Modrig."

"I'll see you soon, Pedrig."

That post does a very good job at giving a slice of life of this species.

I honestly wanted this AAR to stand out by picking up a first-person perspective instead of the regular "Government: this and that" format. I was a bit nervous about it, but I'm glad that it looks like its's working.

Finally got a chance to give this tale a good read-through, and I'm glad I did. It's quite obvious that you've put a lot of time, effort, and care into this AAR. Definitely going to be following this one :)

Not at all :) You will find that in AARland the story is important. :)

Seconding this. Exceptional feats of gameplay skill are of course welcome but not required here. The important thing is to make your story entertaining and enjoyable, both for your readers and for yourself :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
That was, I do believe, a somewhat surprising elevation - at least for our chap being elevated :)

I honestly wanted this AAR to stand out by picking up a first-person perspective instead of the regular "Government: this and that" format. I was a bit nervous about it, but I'm glad that it looks like its's working.
Indeed. There are, scattered about here, some very good narrative approaches to these wonderful societies.

• 1Like
Reactions:
chap1_crucible.jpeg

I have been High Ruban for a couple months now. Two science ships named the HOS Urgion and the HOS Lurrion are mapping the stars and two key systems us have functioning space stations around them: Chandar and St. Rodrig's star. Both of them have perfectly habitable planets that are now candidates for colonization: St. Rodrig's Star IV, whose environment is similar to the Celestial Throne, and Chandar III, which is a Tundra world much like Nordam.

aar_nodmox.jpeg

The task of being the High Ruban is stressful, I barely have time to improvemyself spiritually. This is why I find a certain delight as I sit down in one of the seats in the beautiful St. Nodmox's Cathedral I now run. The Cathedral is surrounded by a vast complex of clerical and bureaucratic buildings. The windows behind the altar give a clear view of the vast historical museums and and bureaucratic centers in architectural styles similar to those found in the Yondar Guardians' worlds.

"Your holiness, sir," an voice echoes through the Cathedral's silent halls.

"I look back to see a young Piram walking down the room towards me.

"Barim! What brings you here?"

"Troubling news, Holy Ruban."

"I see, what is it?" I stand up and walk toward him.

He hands me a touch-pad. "Hostile ships are attacking the Gaullia shipyard as we speak."

"Holy Divine..." I stutter. "Have you identified them? Has there been a response from any Task Forces?"

"Admiral Polosch is leading them into battle as we speak, your holiness," says Barim. "Information on the attackers are on the touchpad."

I read the touchpad and find out who the attackers are: The Final Crucible.

After the Yondar evangelized Nordam, there was still an adamant minority of individuals who believed in false gods. However, they were a extremely small minority who were not all too vocal about their beliefs. However, their activity has had a resurgence as of late due to some radical believers claiming that the end of the world was upon us. Apparently, hyperdrives led them to believe that a doomsday prophecy that says:

"Nommarkind's wicked will try to reach for the heavens, they will despoil those heavens, and the faithful sahll lead an army that will cleanse the heavens of the wicked."
These radicals then began to rise up. They beat faithful to death, they attacked Priests, they vandalized and damaged temples, and even bombed large gatherings. They collectively called themselves, "The Final Crucible," a clear reference to the wars during the times of Saint Nodmox.

"How were they able to secure space-faring corvettes?" I ask

"According to the Navy, several operators have been reported missing, as well as several Corvettes. We suspect that several members of the navy were part of the Final Crucible and ranoff with several corvettes from the shipyard."

"Distressing..." I utter. "Let us pray for Admiral Polosch and the brave soldiers fighting those heretics... Would you like to join me in prayer, Barim?"

"Sorry, your holiness. I am sure I will pray for them of course, but I have to head to the museum chapel to clean some of the sculptures."

"Oh that is fine. Thank you, Barim."

With that said, Barim walks away.

"Hostile fleets are in attacking range for missile barrage. Requesting permission to engage, Kampas."

"Mirasma, this is Bridge Command of Kampas. You have permission to engage."

"Got that, Bridge Command."

"Captain! Permission granted from Admiral Polosch, prepare to engage!" I shout to Captain Jardur.

"HOS Camdur Missile Crew engage hostile fleets," says Captain Jardur through the radio. "Watch out for friendly fire. Kampas and Gaddlar will advance after initial barrage."

Through the radio, the missile crew leader says, "Firing missile barrage."

The hull of the ship shakes a bit and the muffled sounds of nuclear missiles firing off are heard throughout the room.

A few minutes later, the connections to the missiles have been severed, meaning that they have exploded.

Captain Jardur speaks to the radio. "This Camdur Captain Jardur. Initial barrage expended, you can now advance."

"Kampas, Gaddlar this is Bridge Command initiate advance!"

Our ships begin to power through at top-speed. Lasers bounce off our shields like stones on a concrete wall. Clanking noises echo from our hull as rounds penetrate it.

aar_nordam_cult.jpeg

"Missile Crew prepare for second barrage."

"Missile barrage ready to launch in thirty-five seconds."

"Okay. Gunship crew keep pressure off the missile launchers. Keep firing on any nearby ships."

I look at the camera footage from our red laser. It and another ship, the Somox, are targeting the point-defense systems of a Cultist ship to provide assistance for other missile boats. Our lasers quickly pass through the shields and their point defense turrets explode once they're hit.

"Missile crew, hostile ship's point-defense systems are disabled."

"Got that, Captain. ETA for missile barrage is thirty seconds."

The laser continues to target the ship's other weapon system, but the ship is eventually disabled as our missile barrage destroys its bridge. Several escape pods from the dorsal section of the ship are shout out, ripe for the taking.

"Bridge Command this is the Camdur. One hostile vessel is disabled. Request to send to intercept escape pods."

"Negative, Camdur. Area is too hot."

"Bridge Command, this is Gaullia station. We are getting hit by an enemy vessel and it may damage the shipyard soon, requesting fire support," a feminine voice speaks through the naval comms.

"Got that, Gaullia Station," says Admiral Polosch through the navy radio. "Camdur head to Gaullia station immediately to provide fire support."

"Rest assured, Bridge Command," says Captain Jardur answers. "Full systems throttle, Sergeant Sukar!"

The ship moves forward at high speeds, other friendly ships and the lasers being fired slowly turn into small blurs as the HOS Camdur's thrusters propel it at high speeds.

"Missile crew, eta on barrage?"

"Ten minutes, Captain."

"That's a bit long, keep me updated on any changes on the eta time," says Captain Jardur. "Gunship crew prepare for capacity overload. We need the highest rate of fire possible."

"We'll do our best, Captain."

As we slow down to fire on the enemy vessel before us, the three turrets of the hostile corvette shred through our shields, our hull echoes with kinetic fire penetrating through it.

The lights flicker, which is of particular concern.

"Lieutenant Torrib," Captain Jardur says to me. "Check our energy supplies, we need to know if we're running into a power problem or if the wiring to our lights is getting fuzzy."

"Understood, Captain." I say, bringing up a report on the energy supply on my computer.

To my horror, it appears that the reason is the former. The ship just came back from full-throttle speed and the overload of the red lasers is draining more power than the corvette's fission reactor can supply. We will run out of power soon.

"Captain, we're running out of power. We're consuming more power than we are generating!" I say.

"Re-route all power to the shields. We should at least sponge in enough damage to buy Gaullia station enough time, even if we do run out of power."

My heart races as sounds of bullets hitting our ship's armor thunder through the room like rain falling on a window. I hastily re-route all power to our shields from our turrets, missiles, and thrusters.

Then the bullets stop hitting.

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I see bullets and even a few lasers get absorbed by the ship's shields.

"Tarrob," Jardur says to me. "If that ship starts firing on the station, re-direct some power to the turrets so we could return fire."

"Understood, Captain."

Our shields keep tanking shot after shot, and I begin to worry if it could keep this up any longer. I am too anxious to even look at my computer to check on the shields...

But then suddenly, a barrage of missiles hit the turrets of the ship, disabling. After that, the hostile ship blinks its beacons, indicating surrender. Several other corvettes surround the enemy vessel.

The crew lets out a collective sigh of relief, knowing that the fighting was over.

We are all silent, utterly exhausted and overwhelmed.

I just stay at my seat, utterly exhausted and overwhelmed as well by my first taste of interstellar combat. This battle will surely go down in Nommar history as the very first space battle the navy ever had. Undoubtedly, today we had just been baptized in fire through a near-death scenario. However, we must toughen up soon, for this will certainly not be the last time we will see these Cultist Fleets in battle.

A grim day, to have space so defiled.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A hard-fought victory, but a victory nevertheless. Something tells me that the Final Crucible will continue to be a thorn in the side of the Nommar, but their fledgling space forces have proven themselves capable of fulfilling their mandate.

The presence of dissenters and heretics within their own ranks is cause for concern, though; who knows if there are any others lurking about in high places?

• 1Like
Reactions:
A grim day, to have space so defiled.

A grim day indeed. Not only to the void that the Divine had gifted us, but also for the spirituality of the Nommar people.

A hard-fought victory, but a victory nevertheless. Something tells me that the Final Crucible will continue to be a thorn in the side of the Nommar, but their fledgling space forces have proven themselves capable of fulfilling their mandate.

The presence of dissenters and heretics within their own ranks is cause for concern, though; who knows if there are any others lurking about in high places?

Paranoia will envelop the land, but the faith must assert itself to avoid a schism among the Nommar people. Everyone is advised to tell their local Piram, Priest, or Ruban of any suspected Final Crucible members so that they may find their way!

chap1_new_podici.jpeg

aar_broadcast.jpeg

"...And with that said, please remember that everyone is encouraged to report any suspected Final Crucible members to their local religious official .
This includes Pirams, Priests, and Rubans."

"Now we have a special announcement from his holiness High Ruban Modrig den Vatoris."

"Blessings upon you, brothers and sisters. Today, we commemorate the successful colonization of New Podici in the Chandar system."

"I say this to our heroes who are working hard day and night as I speak to bring the Holy Nommar Order and out faith into a new age..."

"Just as saint Thodmox said unto the Baljons as he converted them, 'With this tree you now plant and grow for the glory of the Divine,
raise your children in his glory, prosper with the lands he had given you, and in everything you do, you shall do it for the glory of the Divine...'
The Divine has given you all an opportunity to start a new, holier, more pious life with these new lands he has blessed you. The universe
he has created is but a dream we all happen to share, so we must cherish every moment we spend in it."

"May the Divine bless you all, goodbye."

The broadcast disappears and it cuts into another set of commercials.

"I feel like I'm getting a lot better with speaking, Ruban Jargim," I say. "For once I'm not embarrassed when I see myself on boardcasts."

"Indeed," says Ruban Jargim. "Here's the news, I really like the photo of New Podici. It reminds me of the windy countryside of Baljon." Ruban Jargim proceeds to hand me a newspaper, its front page is dominated by a beautiful photos of New Podici.

aar_new_podici.jpeg

"It's certainly beautiful," I say. "I would like to go there myself one day..."

"Rodrig," says one of my fellow archaeologists. "You see that? I think that's the thing the locals here have been talking about."

Amongst rolling hills and that block our view of the sky, I see what looks like an ancient skyscraper.

"I believe that is it. Okay chop-chop, team, looks like we got it!"

We then jog through the dense forest, ducking underneath tree branches and we make our way to a point of interest here in New Podici.

Quite an interesting development has happened here in the new colony. During colonization, a team of explorers were dispatched to find any key resource caches the colony could use. As they explored a large plot of land, stumbled upon what appears to be the abandoned colonial ruins of an extinct alien civilization. They then took a photo of the ruins and submitted it as they asked for an archaeological team to investigate it.

aar_abandoned_ruins.jpeg

As we emerge from the thick wood, we finally get a clear view of the ruins, and I am utterly overwhelmed by the scale of it. The large building in the middle is so tall that it would rival some Nommarian mountains. There are a few buildings surrounding it, but these don't extend too far, so that is why it's probably just a colony.

We explore the ruins and we are immediately captivated by its condition. The buildings are ruined, as expected. However, the damage don't seem to indicate signs of battle, which is what we expected. It was just purely abandoned, making some items in the ruins perfectly usable.

I dispatch a few members to explore the rest of the buildings and the rest would follow me the large building.

We walk up a large flight of stairs and we stand before large, imposing metallic doors. We moved closer to inspect it, but we were then surprised as the doors opened.

A robotic voice springs to life. "ZAKA UKUL OKONIA CAZA OGA-OGA-OGA-OGA-," then the voice shuts down.

We carefully walk inside of the ruins, the lights are still on and there is little to no damage. The room is just extremely dusty.

Everyone coughs a bit as our respiratory systems are met with a gust of dust.

Across the room is a blue-ish glow. I decide to approach it and as I walk toward the light, it reveals itself to be a crystal lying on the floor. But what intrigues me about it is that as I walk closer to it, unintelligible whispers echo through my mind. When I finally stand inches in front of it, the whispers become evidently clear.

"Grasp the crystal, Rodrig..."

"Rodrig, are you getting these strange whispers as well?" asks one of my teammates.

"I do..." I then reach for the crystal.

"Rodrig! Don't touch i-"

His voice disappears as my mind is suddenly overwhelmed, the whispers grow and the whispers of a billion voices, telling me something, but they overlap so much that I can't tell what they are saying. However, an imposing voice among the masses stands out...

"Zroni..."

"The Shroud...."

"Covenant...."

I scream as the voices begin to die down, and eventually disappear. I lie completely flat on the dusty floor.

"Are you okay, Rodrig?" asks one of my colleagues as he pulls me up.

"I know what happened here..." I say.

Last edited:
Well now, that is certainly an unanticipated discovery

• 1Like
Reactions: