• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm pretty sure the Greek Revolution would be seen in the SBU as an inevitable uprising against Monarchism, and the Communist Revolution being the next step in the process.

The French Revolution isn't looked upon unfavorably in leftist circles OTL afaik and was rather seen as something aspirational, so I don't see why the Hellenic Revolution would be here.

A King survives assassins, the Khitans double down on nuclear power and India threatens to shake up the status quo... exciting times.

Hell of a way to start the 60s, a king surviving an assassination attempt, the Khitan pumping out nuclear reactors, the Japanese stirring up revolts in areas under the SBU's sphere. And of course, the Indian tiger on the verge of waking up.

To think WW3 would have sparked if the SBU did not back down and actually sent troops to deal with the Danubian crisis. Seems a massive powder keg is looming over the entire world. All it takes is one or several sparks to light it up.

As fate would have it, Franklin would live, the Shot to his head hitting at an angle so as to be deflected away from his Brain. The First shot however had passed through the King and struck Prime Minister Arthur Wensly in the back of the Neck, Killing him instantly. It would be the first major assassination attempt on the American Head of State and while King Franklin had escaped with his life, it would shake the perceived security of the Monarchy to its core.
Consider me pleased. It's a miracle Franklin survived. He will continue leading his nation for the foreseeable future.
The Indian Tiger was about to Wake, and the Order of Asia would forever change as a result.
I have a bad feeling about this...

It seems Japan’s fortune continues to hold, but the other powers are stirring.

On a mostly unrelated note, why are the Pegu Empire and Tibet trying to federate? They don’t really seem to have any major reason to, far as I can recall.

It seems Japan’s fortune continues to hold, but the other powers are stirring.

On a mostly unrelated note, why are the Pegu Empire and Tibet trying to federate? They don’t really seem to have any major reason to, far as I can recall.
I like how Japan seems to be mostly waiting and watching the other major powers, ready to claim victory once the others are exhausted. Definitely playing the long game. A smart move given its domestic and economic situation.

Probably something from the EU4 or Vicky era I guess? Or maybe they're scared of their neighbors.

I like how Japan seems to be mostly waiting and watching the other major powers, ready to claim victory once the others are exhausted. Definitely playing the long game. A smart move given its domestic and economic situation.

Probably something from the EU4 or Vicky era I guess? Or maybe they're scared of their neighbors.
Japan is definitely more in the "I've been ignoring them as they usually aren't directly part of the narrative" gang which makes them kind of a wildcard here.

Good to see King Franklin survived dogged the fate his of IRL counterpart did in the assassination attempt. This will be an interesting divergence for America going forward, I imagine he'll get the chance to become an important leader going forward.

Seems like Germany has become quite the dumpster fire here, I guess being partitioned being various foreign powers around Europe and then being split up into puppet states under those same powers would do that to you. I expect the German states will continue to be a quagmire even after this Cold War is over.

Japan is definitely more in the "I've been ignoring them as they usually aren't directly part of the narrative" gang which makes them kind of a wildcard here.
That too. Works to their advantage as it appears the other powers are largely ignoring it so far.
Good to see King Franklin survived dogged the fate his of IRL counterpart did in the assassination attempt. This will be an interesting divergence for America going forward, I imagine he'll get the chance to become an important leader going forward.
Definitely. Spares the country a succession crisis which could take it in a completely different direction or give the other powers an advantage.
Seems like Germany has become quite the dumpster fire here, I guess being partitioned being various foreign powers around Europe and then being split up into puppet states under those same powers would do that to you. I expect the German states will continue to be a quagmire even after this Cold War is over.
Yeah, I see Germany as one of the main battlefields, ideologically if not militarily, between the Khitans and the SBU. The region will be important for both sides going forward.

Lehr is proof, once again, that socdems will always betray the revolution.

Reactions:
Danubia seems like a powder keg.

Good that the reformer king survived, although bad that the attempt harmed American Solidarity...

If I had to guess, they do have some cultural and linguistic association, but the main thing would just be that they're surrounded by major powers with potential to become expansionist on both sides and would do better together than apart.

Well since it's gonna be a while for someone else to post. I wonder if the Xia dynasty in the anniona-verse is going to be hyperborean levels of conspiracy theory and would the HTE integrate the Atlantis myth into the narrative of the ancient human space empire?

Well since it's gonna be a while for someone else to post. I wonder if the Xia dynasty in the anniona-verse is going to be hyperborean levels of conspiracy theory and would the HTE integrate the Atlantis myth into the narrative of the ancient human space empire?
Interesting. I imagine it and other creation myths would be fused with what little they know about the precursor humans (which I will talk about in detail in my megacampaign as it shares the same precursors). I can easily see the Atlantis myth being folded into the downfall of the precursors, especially since I think the philosopher’s stone interlude does mention Atlantis.

Interesting. I imagine it and other creation myths would be fused with what little they know about the precursor humans (which I will talk about in detail in my megacampaign as it shares the same precursors). I can easily see the Atlantis myth being folded into the downfall of the precursors, especially since I think the philosopher’s stone interlude does mention Atlantis.
Really neat ngl, I would however recommend watching Isaac Arthur's video on interstellar empires so that you can try and have a go at writing the scale of your empire and possibly worldbuild how it governs it's people.