• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A tale from the realm of mataram

It was a sunny day in bali as the recenly crowned king ,
drake and his advisors where sitting on the balcony in the royal palace, overlooking the the sea wich stretched endlessly till we could see no further ,
drake stood up and adressed his councel.

'My friends we recently been attacked by my brothers in brunei and malaka loosing some of the more vital colony of palembang yet we may have lost this war but we stil got a change ,
let us ally our former enemys and unite the indonesian people alowing us to expand trade and realm by setling on the many islands east of us once this is done we can build a fleet the world has never seen

The councilors agreed to this.
already our merchants came back with vast riches from the west and north,

it was time to expand , first came to mind the island of zanzibar,
a distand but rich island of the coast of a unknown continent wich was thougt to be the perfect suply point for conquest of this yet unknown continent.
king drake gave order to the army to embark the mighty fleets, orders where given several months later sailing to the west drake himself arrived leading a army of men right into the capitol of oman
with a suprise attack. and assault of all his men the capitol fell in matter of days leaving omani no time to respond
a route to zanzibar was discovert and now only thing in the way to glory was the mighty fleet of omani sailing acros the coast near mascate blocking the way for drake

yet drake is confident soon omani will fall no matter what the cost,
now the question is where the people of mataram and king drake wil go next.... only time will tell

Last edited:
The Hour of Power
1492-1519

…Shadow-fighting was taken to a new level earlier this evening, as the Prince-of-Darkness-Look-Alike-Really-Secret-Entity went fisticuffs against the Shades of Memory Lost over the rights to True Darkness(tm). While the eventual outcome is in doubt, the PoDLARSE has recently been joined by the dynamic duo of Peter Mandelsohn and Dick Cheney of Earth #2, and it is speculated that this might be an initiation rite. In other news, despite progress, the average rate of births STILL exceeds the rate of deaths. Spokesbeing B’rian B’rian of the Unusual Eviscerators denies responsibility.

[deep evil voice] Bwhahahahaa. Welcome to.... the Hour of Power!

MEPHISTOPHELES: I am the bite behind the bark, I am the knife behind the back, I am the joker without humour, I am the cry of finality, I am the rage in the heart of the bold, and the terror in the heart of the craven, I am the light beyond the dark, and the dark beyond the light, I was the cause of the primal scream, and this is my show, the Hour of Power!

ASMODEUS: And I am Asmodeus, and, while I cannot beat Mephistopheles in terms sheer of megalomania, I can assess a soul at a glance down to a centi-sin. I also do card tricks.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Tonight it is our pleasure to bring to your attention a lighter fare than usual.

ASMODEUS: And believe me that was not easy to find.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Follow us as we view the natural splendours of Asia on Earth #29. See the birds shot out of the air by hunting enthusiasts, rejoice in the serfdom of the downtrodden serfs. Laugh with us as the nobility exercises their powers to the fullest – and to their damnation. See virtue ever embattled, ever on the lookout for some dummy with more brawn than brain and a True Soul.

ASMODEUS: In other words, it is business as usual.

MEPHISTOPHELES: And that soul has been found! – or, to be more precise, ELEVEN souls have been found. Where one soul might have been sufficient to be the One True Guardian of Heaven on Earth, eleven souls is ten too many. Thus, these eleven mighty souls, each of them a potential Crusader for good, do what humans do best.

ASMODEUS: They fight for the right to call themselves good. Currently, Alesso of China, whose arse sits the Throne of Heaven itself, is clearly the one who is good. He says so himself. On the other hand, considering that his first actions upon claiming the throne was to banish his brothers rather than sharing the ample power of the throne, his claim must be considered… Imperfect.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Eleven mortal souls tied to eleven undying bodies. No matter how badly hurt, no matter how dismembered (as you shall shortly see), the will lives on. Eleven souls that now, because of the selfishness of the youngest brother Alesso, strive against each other to achieve superiority, lay waste to the lands of Asia.

ASMODEUS: Alesso, we salute you! No man out to do evil could have done better than you!

[canned laughter]

MEPHISTOPHELES: Predictably, the scorned older brothers have taken control of the destiny of nations, and wage war upon each other to gain the strength to challenge Alesso. In the west, decades’ long fighting between the puny Alvaro of the Chagatai and Amzad of the Mughals over the rights to conquer the sheep-loving Uzbeks, sees the mighty Qutb-ud-din Aibak of Delhi drawn in on the side of Amzad. When the dust settles, Alvaro, long known as a master of animal husbandry, owns their arses.

ASMODEUS: And sheep.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Indeed, and sheep, and both Amzad and Alvaro lie stricken with mortal wounds on the field of battle. Wishing to die, but entirely unable to, they are brought to their capitals for R&R from which they will in the fullness of time rise again.

ASMODEUS: On an interesting side note, that war was rather more vicious and longer-lasting than expected by disinterested onlookers because it was (or so it is said) lavishly funded by the Good Alesso. That significantly increased civilian casualties, and the region is expected to be decades in recovering.

MEPHISTOPHELES: That’s nice. I might end up liking Alesso. To end the tale of the western fighting, it would appear that both the Mughals and the Chagatai are now striking for unexplored Siberia. If everything goes according to plan, they will be able to divide it equally in peace and prosperity.

ASMODEUS: Thankfully, things seldom go according to plan. If nothing else, the question of who gets the gold mines should be good for at least one large-scale war.

MEPHISTOPHELES: The second field of battle was India, where Quth-ud-din Aibak of Delhi, Sui-cuf-noc of Bengal, and Bistami of Vijayanagar fought for supremacy in an interesting three-way fight with occasional alliances. When the smoke settled, it was clear that Bistami was the victor. While Quth-ud-din-Aibak did get a small share, he was far behind in the race… And as for Sui-cuf-noc? Well, somebody has got to lose, and he did it big.

ASMODEUS: Possibly because his armies were engaged in Africa most of the time, fighting fierce Mameluke hordes as he conquered Delta, Alexandria, and other parts thereabouts.

MEPHISTOPHELES: There is that. Losing most of your men, and, I believe, your own body, to a fight far from the main scene of the action can put a crimp in your style. Now, Alexandria is a rich target, but even for such a target, the expense seems excessive. Can you elaborate, Asmodeus?

ASMODEUS: Of course, Mephistopheles. According to a reliable rumour caught by an INN seductress 1st class, Sui-cuf-noc was trying for an end run. To put it bluntly, he wanted to relocate the centre of his power to Africa, to leave his brothers behind while he built an African power base for world domination.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Nice plan. So, what went wrong?

ASMODEUS: He failed to consider the source of his power. Eleven brothers, each more powerful than any of the mortal rulers, and they all end up in control of nations – in Asia. Coincidence? I think not. The source of his powers lies somewhere in Asia, probably near the place he ended up ruling, and the further away the weaker he gets. He could no more relocate to Africa than he could give up his curse of immortality. Thus, despite financial aid from Alesso (that financier of wars), he ended up, overall, rather the worse for wear. He also lost against BrotherX of Vientiane.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Well, in that case, bad cess to him. The third field of battle was in Indochina and places south. BrotherX of Vientiane, Muhammed of Brunei, Drake of Mataram, and Ilyar of Malacca did a careful dance of alliances, betrayals, wars, and… Asmodeus, just what sort of stupid name is BrotherX?

ASMODEUS: Apparently, he is the Brother who used to be called Brother Dummy by his brothers, due to his occasional acts of incredible stupidity, and over the decades it sort of stuck. When he secured power in Vientiane, he decided that the most important thing he lacked was a middle name, as all important people have a middle name, but as he could not come up with one, he just chose an initial from the arse end of the alphabet, representing nothing. He was thus briefly known as Brother X Dummy, but after his assumption of power it was shortened to BrotherX by a vizier somewhat smarter than his master.

MEPHISTOPHELES: That was just SO much more information than I wanted, Asmodeus.

ASMODEUS: I aim to please.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Right. Be that as it may, in the four-way fight in the east, Muhammed and Brunei ended up the clear victors. Muhammed, though managing to get his body dismembered by rebels, did end up colonising most of the neighbouring islands, became a major trading power, and, moreover, he managed not to lose any provinces at all when he and Ilyar fought Drake for the right to…

ASMODEUS: … colonise two provinces.

MEPHISTOPHELES: You’ve got to be kidding, Asmodeus.

ASMODEUS: Nope. That would appear to be what they were fighting for. In addition to personal gratification, of course..

MEPHISTOPHELES: Right. Goes without saying. Anyhow, while Drake ended up losing the rights to those two colonies, Ilyar ended up the real loser, when Drake brought BrotherX into the war. BrotherX took three Buddhist provinces off Ilyar and forced Ilyar to flee the mainland, his last tattered survivors fiercely pursued by BrotherX himself.

ASMODEUS: Indeed. Ilyar was the clear loser. However, notice how Ilayr, Muhammed, and Drake settled their differences after the war and joined in alliance?

MEPHISTOPHELES: Certainly, Asmodeus. And I also noticed how certain parties of that alliance were financed by Alesso. Does he have nothing to do save financing warmongers? Not that that is a bad thing, of course, but one does wonder. Now, as to the alliance, this is quite obviously a grand naval alliance intended to rule the waves, live in prosperity, and possibly punish BrotherX.

ASMODEUS: Far be it from me to disagree with you, Mephistophelse, but

MEPHISTOPHELES: But you’ll do it anyhow. You always do.

ASMODEUS: Indeed. An alternative scenario – far out, of course – is that it is not a long-lasting alliance but a temporary convenience. Now that Ilyar and Muhammed has fought Drake before, and it is entirely likely that they will turn on him again in order to get the nice Zanzibar Centre of Trade amongst other things.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Sure, it could happen – but is it likely?

ASMODEUS: If they cut a deal with BrotherX, who could prevent it?

MEPHISTOPHELES: Alesso?

ASMODEUS: Well, yes, his Chinese are very good at swimming, but I was thinking of somebody closer to home. Bistami, lord of Vijayanagar. He is mighty, rich, and his people are Hindus. Just like Drake’s. One has armies, the other a fleet. That is not too bad a basis for an alliance. Bistami is sure to be looking for a naval partner at some time, and what better time than the present?

MEPHISTOPHELES: The past?

ASMODEUS: Yes, obviously things were better in the past.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Surely. Even nostalgia isn’t what it used to be. I’m afraid it is time for one of those loving commercials from the talented people who pay our wages. Join us in the second third of the HoP after this 17 minute ad break.

…Sacrificial knives. Don’t leave home without them. Actual statements from actual customers: “I left home without my sacrificial knife the other day, and came across a virgin that I could not sacrifice. You have no idea how annoying it is when that happens and you have been carrying the stone altar on your back for hours. It is always the smallest things that trip you up. I had to make do with a ravishing and a cup of tea.” A satisfied customer: “I remembered to bring my sacrificial knives and sacrificed my immediate boss during the performance review. When the higher-ups heard it, I was promoted to human resources”

Last edited:
A tale of deceit, mischief and stubborness: The war for Palembang

In the year 1492 by some odd western calendar, Ilyar decided to add the rest of the Atjeh island to Malacca. His brother Muhammad had already agreed to stay away from Atjeh island, but the hateful brother Drake desperately wanted to have the easternmost tip of Atjeh island. This was of course unacceptable and Ilyar declared war on that spiteful brother, who claimed to be the king of the hindu Mataram. The war was firstly quite uneventual one, as cowardly brother Drake didn't dare to venture away from Java, but then Ilayr heard that the lands of Brunei, his ally, were under siege by Drake. Reckless Muhammad had been temporarily slain by angry Makassarians earlier.

Then the evil and powerhungry BrotherX, who now calls himself Gothmog (which means Horrible Bloodthirsty Demon in malaccan language) attacked the northern buddhist territories of Ilyar. This was quite unfortunate as the rabidly trained forces BrotherX employed did cut through the Malaccan defense and Ilayr was forced to give his buddhists territory to BrotherX, who now calls himself Gothmog. Ilyar never liked those buddhists anyway.

Against weak brother Drake, Ilyar was mightily successful though as Drake was forced to withdraw from Atjeh island and confirm it as Malaccan territory now and for ever. Then the puny Drake approached the mighty Malacca-Brunei alliance and groveled to ask to be included in the alliance. In their grand wisdom, honourable Ilyar and merciful Muhammad agreed to let Drake join their grand alliance.

Then years passed, until around year 1502 or 1503 in that odd western calendar, Ilyar went mad and started to stalk baboons in the jungles of Malacca. While Ilyar was mad for a decade or so, Malacca was managed by a regent, who remains unnamed as when Ilyar returned, he strangled the regent and ate the corpse.

So, everything is again well and fine in the fabulous Malacca.

Muhammed of Brunei

Brother Muhammed uses his divination skills, and collects the stats and facts of each brother: Read more here

XX-1575a.jpg

It was daylight when I was resurrected. As I opened my eyes first I could at first see nothing, but presently I caught a glimpse of a bit of men moving among the scarlet and purple and yellow. I was back in my tent.

The Chagatai and the Uzbek people were now my people. They call themselves the Horselords, and they call me Alvaro the Horselord.

My advisors told how the people had suffered. The Horselords were short of everything. I did listen to the advisors, and with a mighty word I called a shower of gold. Gold was raining in my tent.

The gold was put into good use. My people would not have to suffer for a while.

The Khazaks were added and admitted into my realm. They are now also one of the Horselords.

Adventurous men wanted to join my dream to find the Way. Three of them proved to be more than mere mortals. I called them the Conquerors, for they did conquer the unmapped areas of Siberia. They are now immortalised in the songs and stories of the Horselords, because they did find another way to the Throne of Heaven. But it is not the Way I am looking for, because the final part of that way is blocked by the Manchu.

I ordered the way to be settled. Exited by the prospects many of my subjects put their holdings in wagons, and set course for the way. These low, commodious wagons moved two abreast, and on either side of them marched solid ranks of mounted warriors, for in the chariots were the women and children. The scene of these gorgeus trains leaving for the way is unforgettable.

To north! After a long journey they rested in Karsak, the frontier city of the Horselords. Then, straight toward the east, day and night, their destination led. Tradeposts were erected, small colonies formed. In Angara a golden city was built.

Finally one day did I did recieve the word that a caravan had settled in Amgoun, which had recently been acquired from my brother Kraunak. The Horselords had found the Sea.

I will find the Way. If I can't find it, I will make one.

Alesso strolled down the street, his flowing robes billowing out behind him whilst the young acolyte struggled to keep up with her swiftly moving master. “Today Flower of the Sun I will show you a truly spectacular sight” Alesso spoke to the young girl. The pair continued their progress, wending through the mass of humanity that throngs the streets of the richest city in the world. Whereever they stepped the people would move aside, reverently lowering their heads to one of the priesthood. Little did they know that Alesso, the Chosen one himself stepped amongst their midst.

In time they approached the city docks where the great trading vessels of the empire rested after unloading the goods and treasures gained from their western voyages. “Why do we come here master?” asked Flower of the Sun, “I have seen the docks many times”.

“Here lies the future child. Watch and learn.”

Kneeling down at the end of the farthest wharf Alesso carefully scooped his hands into the water. Whispering words that sounded like birdsong on the wind he threw out his hands sending a shower of pearly water over the bay, a shower the like of which none had ever seen as it expanded ever further until it filled the whole sky before dropping back down to earth. A hush fell over the bay then, the sailors and townspeople as expectant as Flower of the Sun. Their wait was not long as far out in the bay the sea began to churn and bubble. “What is happening master?” Flower of the Sun asked, a trace of fear in her voice, a moment later her question was answered as a sleek silvery grey dragon soured up out of the ocean and into the sky, its beauty and majesty so awe inspiring that even the most hardened of sailors fell down on their knees and wept to see such a sight in their own liftime.

“I call upon the spirits of the Ocean. Our friend here will scout a safe passage eastward and discover what lies over the far horizon. My brothers’ plot and scheme to capture the wealth of this world thinking it will grant them the power of the gods but we have allies to draw on that they can not even contemplate.”

Watching the silvery shape slowly disappear into the distance Flower of the Sun had only one thought as she turned to follow her master, would that she could fly one day, fly like a dragon.

The years of strife – 1519 to 1575

As the Dragon flew off over the eastern horizen Alesso turned his thoughts back to less savoury matters. Brother Sui had come begging him for aid in his attempts to flee his brothers. Sui had been all prepared to leave the continent and abandon the people “fate” had given him charge to protect, something that didn’t please Alesso one bit. Only the prospect of imortaility without power, an exile whiling away his years in distant lands stiffened Brother Sui’s resolve. Well that and a rather rash promise Alesso had made to lend him his protection. Alesso was a firm believer that with power came responsibility. Each of his brothers had been given power, for better or worse, over great nations and it was their responsibility therefore to protect and nurture the people they now ruled, not abandon them for personal gain, whim or wellbeing. With the passing of the next few decades Alesso would come to wonder if he’d chosen wisely in his promise to Sui.

As the years passed Alesso continued to commune with the Water Dragon receiving reports of distant lands to the far far east and routes of safe passage for his ships. Two of his brothers however had already reached these lands ahead of Alesso, intent on conquering its native peoples and Alesso was now in a quandry as to what to do for he abhored all violence yet couldn’t allow his brothers to rampage through this distant land spreading their evil across a new continent. Though it troubled his soul greatly Alesso nether the less ordered the dispatching of a great mission to save these distant people even if it meant having to form a permanent presence within their midst. It was a task he knew could not be done without violence. Beset already, the people of the Maya were only too eager to receive Alesso’s protection with most of their land already overrun by Alesso’s brothers Muhammed and Sui. News of the brutality of his brothers occupation soon spread to neighbouring lands and before long the leaders of the Azteks were asking for Alesso’s protection which he reluctantly gave with a troubled heart. Over the coming years Alesso spread peace and prosperity over the land of the Mexica and peacefully persuaded the Mayan people Sui had oppressed to join his growing community.

When he thought about the violence that had been necessary Alesso consoled himself that he would at least bring these people civilisation and knowledge, and trust that one day they would be able to stand alone without fear of neighbour or Brother. For now though a permanent presence would be required in this distant land.

Alesso’s promse to Sui would also come back to haunt him with the passing of the years. Alesso had watched first as Sui and Qutb marched on Bistami of Vijayanagar in the mid 1520’s. Gothmog had intervened in that war and Alesso had been sorely troubled. His brother of Vientiene had assured him however that he wanted nothing more than to enfore the peace in that region and so Alesso had stayed his hand, deciding to test his brother instead the better to discover his true colours. Somewhat surprised Gothmog had remained true to his word and a white peace had shortly thereafter been signed all round.

Peace did not reign long however before fighting errupted once more in India. Brother Sui sadly began it wishing to reunite people long lost to his brother in Vijayanagar. Alesso had some sympathy with him even though he abhored the violent means with which Sui went about his task. It was with a sad heart therefore that Alesso watched the combatants labour across the continent. When Qutb of Delhi entered the fray Alesso's concern grew. Qutb was always promising Alesso that he would follow the true teachings but he never followed through on his promises. Gold sent to feed the poor people of India always seemed to find their way into Qutb’s own coffers or the hands of the rich. When Qutb begged Alesso for more aid during his war Alesso told his brother to repent his wrongs and prove to him that he would indeed follow the path of peace and forgiveness before coming once more with the beggars bowl.

Still, against such odds Bistami could not compete and after long years of fighting Qutb and Sui controlled the majority of Vijayanagar, yet Bistami fought on with a core guard that managed somehow to remain unbroken. Bowed yet unbeaten Bistami cut a deal with Qutb and Alesso watched as Qutb sold out his brother Sui to the vultures having seen his own demands met with nary a thought for his poor brother. And so Alesso’s regrets were brought to the for as he was forced to fulfill his vow and step in to save Sui from perhaps his own deserved fate, a task that involved threatening brother Bistami with the wrath of God if he didn’t make peace immediately with Sui. Alesso gave thanks every day for the next month that Bistami hadn't called him to fullfill those threats and so sully Alesso’s soul further.

Epilogue

Flower of the Sun watched her master as he knelt before the statue of the Jade Emperor. She knew he was sourly troubled in heart and spirit over the events of the last 50 years which had conspired to force him to actions that were against his nature. When he finally stirred she ventured the courage to tentatively ask if she could perhaps help and shoulder some of his burden.

“No my child” he replied, though now she was anything but, “this is something I must solve on my own

“I must go on a journey the likes of which you could not understand and there cleanse my soul of these deeds that I might find peace.”

“A journey master?” Flower of the Sun asked, for Alesso hardly ever left the temple these days “How long will you be gone?”

“Who can say. I don’t expect to be back before 5 years have passed” Alesso replied, seeming half lost in thought. “You must understand time has little meaning where I go. Years could pass here whilst I blink but an eye there, but do not be distressed for I will keep my journey short. Before I depart however I must make plans, plans to protect the greatest treasure in this world after the Throne itself!”

The 1st Battle of Howrah commences​

Sui-cuf-noc traps Bistami in the 2nd Battle of Howrah​

Sui winning the 2nd Battle of Howrah​

Sui traps Bistami, but is unable to reach Howrah before Hindu forces reach the capital. The terms upon which peace were later made are also displayed​

Qutb-ud-din abandons his brother and makes off with his gains for the first time.... Meanwhile, Bengali forces converge on Tirhut, the province to which the demoralized army of Bistami flees.​

Peter's request fulfilled with the only photo in existence of the Egyptian campaign.​

After abondoning Bengal in the last war Qutb-ud-din comes begging to Bihar, capital of Bengal, when he discovers that he is no match against Bistami, who he foolishly started a war with.... Bengali and Chineese forces unexpectedly run into one another and discover they have a common foe.​

Sui prepares for the 3rd Indian War. Notice the monthly income at 50% slider mantience.​

Sui makes his demands, and unleashes the dogs of war. He also recieves an untimely message from his brother Qutb-ud-din. Finally, notice the costs at 100% mantience.​

Sui strikes when Bistami unwisely splits his army​

Bengali cavalry go on a raiding expidition to suppliment Bengali income. Sadly the 3rd Indian war ends with brother Qutb-ud-din once against scuttling off with his gains while leaving Sui to face the massive Hindus alone.....​

A story with a moral appended is like the bill of a mosquito. It bores you, and then injects a stinging drop to irritate your conscience. Therefore let us have the moral first and be done with it.

All is not gold that glitters.

Everybody has heard of gold, but in the favoured Mughal Empire there are many uneducated persons who do not precisely know what it is, and who no doubt wonder why it should be such a bugbear to the Great Mogul.

However, Amzad knew the Mughal Empire needed gold. Much of it, to finance its wars and to prevent the nation from breaking under the weight of lengthy campaigns, as almost happened after the decades of warfaring against the Chagatai Khanate, more then fifty years ago.

Some of his brothers acquired vast wealth, but they refused to share it with him. Curse them all!

Since the Mughal Empire lacked gold resources, they had to find other ways to it. Of course Amzad could cast a few spells for money...but spells can be used for so much better things then casting coins...And it would be only a temporary measurement.

Rumours tell the Chagatai know where certain gold mines are. It is even said they recently found a new mine in their own realm.
Delhi claims they haven’t gold mines, but then, how could they be so rich? Amzad suspected them to have a hidden mine in their realm. Alternatively, Delhi would know about gold mines elsewhere.
Finally, there exist gold mines in the west, occupied by Persia.
So, the problem could be solved quite easily by a good conquest, right?

Unfortunately, the Mughal Empire was surrounded only by friends.

In the northeast, the Chagatai Khanate who swore to protect the Mughals and were willing to share the steppes.

“So, they cannot be attacked”, Amzad thought.

In the west, Persia, with them the Mughal Empire signed an official treaty to not attack each other. It would be extremely dishonourable to attack them.

In the east, Delhi, with whom the Mughal Empire signed an alliance and whose ruler pledged it’s loyality with the Mughal Empire since the very beginning. Qutb was a very good brother.

In the north, there was only ice. In the south, there was only water.

Amzad found himself in a deadlock. A boring deadlock. How can one gain glory when everyone who is conquerable, is a good friend of you?

Amzad had to meditate about this. Possible one of his friends would betray him, that would be fortunate. But a defensive war is apt to betray you into too frequent detachment. Those generals who have had but little experience attempt to protect every point, while those who are better acquainted with their profession, having only the capital object in view, guard against a decisive blow, and acquiesce in small misfortunes to avoid greater...
No, offensive is the answer...and still the best defense.

"Knowing the enemy enables you to take the offensive, knowing yourself enables you to stand on the defensive." A wise man once said.
Amzad might add to that: "Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack."
It would be hard to find a better epitome of the root-principle of war.

Slowly, but steady, the answer for the problem took form in his mind.

Yes…that would do it, without making me look dishonourable to my brothers…

*All foreign Ambassadors in Nippon are summoned and rudely forced by armed guards to the Royal palace*

Silence! The exalted Emperor Kraunak of Nippon is about to speak!

There are many nations in the world but none so glorious as Nippon! All nations are bleak comparisons to Nippon and all rulers fade into obscurity in the presence of the most revered Emperor Kraunak of Nippon.

There are many voices telling their stories here but this concerns us not since we rule the fairest island in the world. Other nations expand their Empires far across the square earth plateau but we do not wish to do so since we live in isolated splendor never to be surpassed.

To furnace Emperor Kraunaks many palaces in Nippon we have excavated a holy gold mine in Enkan where the Emperor has decided that Nippon's divine subjects shall live and send gold to him so that he may surround himself with beautiful things worthy his excellency.

Foreign ambassadors must learn to adress the Emperor Kraunak in a dignified and humiliating way or their heads will be removed and their genitals fed to the dogs and these nations will be without ambassadors in the most important nation of the world in isolated splendor, Nippon.

The Chagatai barbarians have no culture, are ridiculous and we have defeated them in war which shows Nippon is the most formidable nation on the earth. We let the Chinese Empire thrive under our benign leadership since they pay us tributes and send us gifts that the Emperor Kraunak enjoys. Sugared swallow's nests are one of his favourites.

We ask no favours of the God's and need nothing from others. Nippon shall live forever and we expect respect and obediance from all others without oursleves doing anything in return since Nippon has a Godgiven right to rule all. We will now isolate ourselves with our concubines in our gold furnished chambers to breed heavenly creatures so that Nippon may continue to shine as the brightest star of heaven.

Leave us in peace!

*All foreign Ambassadors in Nippon are rudely forced by armed guards to leave the Royal palace*

om-symbol.jpg
I like books :)
This time, I quote and/or use ideas from "the Years of Rice and Salt" by Kim Stanley Robinson- hope I won't spoil anything for someone reading the book

So many had died that those who had survived the past three years were like the Eight Immortals,
walking under a description, surviving day after day at a great distance from a world they
only heard about, only saw wrong way through the telescope.

The second Bengali War

Bistami quickly assembled the garrison to replace the muslims at Burhanpur. But then word arrived, again Bistami had been betrayed by one of his brothers. Despite his word, Qutb had decided not to honour the agreement. Bistami knew this could mean only one thing, and the army was quickly prepared to defend the Deccan.
But when the attack came, more brothers than Bistami had expected, fielded their armies against Vijayanagar. On the plains north of the Deccan, troops from Bengal, Delhi, and even the Mughal empire could be seen, preparing for the assault. Fortunately, Bistami's dearest brother, Gothmog, was prepared to send aid to the beleaguered kingdom. And while Bistami and his troops held out in the Deccan, Gothmogs troops quickly forced Bengal out of the war, and the tide of war soon turned in favour of Gothmog and Bistami. Soon, Qutb pleaded for peace, and Bistami in his mercy, granted him peace for but the contested province of Khandesh.

The third Bengali War

Yet, Bistami's mercy was not to help, as soon after, Sui and Qutb yet again invaded. This time, despite the best efforts of Bistami and the crack troops of the Deccan, the Deccan was slowly but surely overrun. However, even in defeat, Bistami stood firm, and thought clearly. Qutb's demands were met, and Khandesh and Bastar were given up. Then, Bistami and his troops marched on Bengal, to exact revenge. But, even now, Sui had the temerity to ask Alesso for his protection, and however reluctantly, Alesso promised his protection, and so Bistami had to return empty handed. However, the war had not been entirely in vain, as reports from spies soon reported that the Qutb had ruined his economy to continue the fight, and Sui's economy, too, was in worse shape than that of Vijayanagar.

The largest effect, though, was the Alesso eventually withdrew his pledge to defend Sui, for Sui seemed to be determined to call ruin upon himself and his nation. New plans were made, but noone knew yet what would happen.

Last edited:
om-symbol.jpg

Isam Chin-Qun had been silent for a long time after the failed negotiations with Bistami's brothers Qutb and Sui. So quiet in fact, that Bistami had not bothered sending him on new diplomatic missions for quite a while. And so Isam sat in one of the many palaces of Vijayanagar, the foreign office had seldom be so silent.

All this changed when an envoy from Bengal arrived, bringing a message, nay, a request, from the rash brother Sui. It seemed that Sui had finally seen the error in his ways.

Sui practically begged Isam to talk to Bistami and convince him that both Vijayanagar and Bengal would benefit from Sui's proposal.

And indeed it seemed likely that Vijayanagar would benefit from the proposal ( Bistami did not care much for the benefit of Bengal ) as the proposal meant, in effect, that Sui surrendered to Bistami and that the Bengali's would henceforth serve the Hindu nation.

The treaty signed meant three things:

Firstly,
A third of Sui's power would be diverted to Bistami to be used at his discretion.​

Secondly,
Bengal would pay a yearly tribute to Vijayanagar.​

Thirdly,
So long as it meant no direct threat to Bengals survival, Bengali troops would fight where Bistami told them to fight. In return, Deccan troops would help protect Bengali holdings when necessary​

This was indeed an opportunity Bistami could not pass upon, even if it meant that other plans would likely not bear fruit.

And so, in the year 1575 of the Kris-ti'un calandar, that had spread through all of Vijayanagar, and indeed most of Asia, the treaty was finalised, and the brothers Sui and Bistami signed it.

The madness of Brother Qutb-ud-din Aibak

Qutb sat on his throne, his head resting on his hands, pondering many things. The throne room was empty, ordered so by Qutb. News had just reached him of the change in power in India and Qutb needed the time to think and decide what his next move was going to be. Much depended on what he was able to come up with in the coming hours, the fate of New Delhi rested on his shoulders and for the first time since he ascended the throne, Qutb was worried.

’So Bistami has betrayed me with Sui. I expected as much, but Bistami has played his hand cleverly, picking the precise moment when I am at my weakest, what with Brother Amzad being locked in contemplation of the future. I am without support on the eve of my greatest triumph.’ Qutb mused to himself. Sui was to have been defeated, the plans were all in place, but now his grand plans were shattered, his dreams of Empire were put on hold.

‘The Throne is out of my reach!’ Qutb yelled suddenly. ‘Damn you Bistami! The Throne was mine! I was so close to being able to take it, now it is further away then ever. All my plans, all my dreams are as nothing!’

Qutb returned to silence, plans and stratagems passing through his mind, all being evaluated, throwing aside the ones that were unworkable or unfeasible. There had to be something that Qutb could do to change the tide of events, for he could see where things were going, Delhi destroyed by the armies of his enemies, his people raped and enslaved, their faith cast aside and more importantly, he could see what they would do to him, casting him out, sent to wander the void for all eternity.

‘I will not allow that to happen. There must be something that I can do to change the future. I will not be cast out, there must be a way!’

And then it hit him.

There was a way.

If he was but brave enough to seize it.

Qutb started to laugh manically, his laughter echoing around the throne room.

h_lords.gif

The development of the Horselords realm.

Last edited:
A Handful of Shadows
1519-1575
In which Gothmog does his best to appear serene

He views the excavations outside the capital city with pleasure. Deep under the surface of the earth shall he build his new home, and in the fullness of time armies shall march from its halls. He will name it Daegûl in memory of what was.

For now, he will keep a low profile. A stream of pious messages from his hand flows to his kin, these mortal fools, who strive for a power greater than any man can handle. He promises peace and justice for all, or at least for those he can influence. He pledges to support his dear brother Bistami, should he be attacked yet again by the vicious Qutb-ud-din Aibak and Sui-cuf-noc, though noting with sorrow that if Alesso proves unreasonable in protecting Sui from the folly of his actions, HE may have to leave Bistami to his fate.

And as the years pass, his powers grow. Fully justified in the eyes of the world, Taungu is annexed in the deepest of winter 1519. Pegu falls in the autumn of 1524.

1528-1530 sees the armies of Gothmog led by a lesser spirit halt the aggression of Sui, Qutb, and Amzad against Bistami. The arrival of his armies spreads fear in the hearts of the aggressors, and a peace treaty is concluded in a hurry, yet the mightiest efforts are diplomatic: Stalling Alesso with promises of non-conquest and only pacification, he manages to avert an invasion from Alesso’s China. He is pleased.

After all, apart from maintaining India divided and preventing anyone from growing too powerful, he has attained his primary goal of intervention: From the sack of Sui’s capital, he has gained the secret maps of the west that Sui had constructed from explorer’s tales in secret.

Over the years to come, he will freely share his knowledge with anybody who is interested. After all, is he not a giver of gifts? Should he hoard knowledge, which is more likely to foment strife is known than if secret? Hardly.

Cambodia is annexed in 1537 after an excessively stupid Cambodian diplomat delivers what can only be termed an insult, and he laughs as, yet again, his realm expands by very nearly legal means that nobody can complain of.

He laughs, and he commences the construction of a fleet. In time it may prove of use.

In the west, Bistami, Qutb, and Sui fall to fighting again, and this time he watches as Bistami gets the worst of the deal. Yet, even so, the war drags on for years because Qutb and Sui make unreasonable demands of peace. HE himself offers himself as arbitrators and publicly bemoans the overweening ambition of the aggressors, knowing full well that he gains credit in the eyes of Alesso for such behaviour.

And when Qutb cuts a deal with Bistami and gains a little land, leaving Sui to face the might of Bistami alone, even Alesso has problems justifying not letting Sui face his fate. Yet, he does so, but by doing so erodes even further his moral authority, and Alesso knows it. And as Alesso is tainted more, so do those who would appear virtuous appear the better by comparison.

HE laughs, for even without lifting a finger his enemies strive to improve his position, though they know it not, and under Luan Prabang, the halls of Daegûl take shape.

It is time to stretch forth his power and touch his enemies. To the south, three brothers have nearly severed themselves from the fraternity, and their arrogance, avarice, and ambition may yet prove their downfall. Though by no means certain of their destruction, they should be vulnerable to a gentle push, and in his generosity he has always been willing to throw the first stone.

A wave of sorcery to make them know fear and a secret alliance to bring one of the brothers’ down while raising the other up: His plan unfolds.

Brunei Development in the Period 1519-1575​

- Muhammed receiving the report from his Grand Vizier-​

Honorable Sultan, here are the newest income figures, after your divination for the year 1575. We are sorry these figures arrive so late, but you have been very absentminded for many years. Its has been a battle to even get your attension, I seen several diplomats leave your court very angered because you ignored them. I have been thanking Allah each day, since you came back to us.

post-4-1093182178.jpg

post-4-1093182257.jpg

Yes I undertook a long vision quest, it what a hard and dangerous journey, but I know now the true path to glory

This is indeed good to hear, shall we look at how the nation is doing, we did our best to increase our income. In all we acheived a 2,2% income increase. :cool:

Good well done, Grand Vizier!

Blasted!!! those damn hindu's in mataram are still leading in trade income!! :mad: HOW can this be!!! Didn't I instruct you to send merchants to all cots around the globe?

I apologise dear Sultan, but we did and all merchants arrived and have setup shops. The problem is Hindus in Mataram have researched better trade techniques, and are earning more on all their deals. We did as you instructed and began researching new warfare methods are we have been very succesfull our troops are nearly the most advanced in the world. Compare that to Mataram that doesn't even have a proper fleet. :eek:

WHAT!!! another wouldbe naval power without a fleet. Have my brothers gone mad :mad:. Every sane person knows, the key to supremacy is naval superiority. I should teach all those pathetic brothers a lesson, Bengal is still so pathetic it burns my eyes to look at sui's nation when doing the divanations

Yes that is indeed pathetic, Our navy is the strongest in the known world, and with the new warfleet program all shall tremble at our might.

Interesting… China is still leading income wise, Alesso was wise to annex those pagans azteks in the New World.

Yes but thank God China is still so rich, otherwise Brunei could very quickly become a object of envy. I just hope all know Alesso's true intensions, Right now China is building manufactories all over his lands, this is a excellent way to hide his true power and point the finger at us. :mad:

Yes Alesso is not stupid, he is greedy as hell, we should try and build some manufacories also, our last manu program failed :(

Indeed Alesso does well, but still the incarnation of greed lives in Mataram. Drake spends nothing on this navy and fleet but everything on his trade empire. :mad:

Right, just so we are are clear I want to set a example soon of why naval superiority is a must. Start construction of the new warfleet and finish the defenses on the newly secured islands.

Yes sir, I am on it.

Good, thats all for now you are dismissed.

Last edited:
The Horselords assaulted Delhi under the leadership of Kenta-Ur, my able general, half man, half horse. I was following the scene from a hill, where I had given orders to erect my tent. Delhi fell, and it was now the newest jewel in my realm.

Turning my gaze to south-east I saw a massive horde of Bengal troops marching. A force of yellow warriors appeared from behind the next hill. They apparently had been planning to ambush my dear troops, and their sneaky infantry almost made it. I could sense my brother Sui leading the troops.

I sprang from the dais, casting a word to my messenger, he was to round up my Horselords, and also ask the troops of Amzad to hurry to the battle. I mounted my able stallion, and charged the the flank of the fifty thousand Bengals rushing towards the back of my beloved Horselords. But my destination was clear --- Sui!

Like a hot knife through butter I scythed my way towards Sui. He saw me charging, and with a snarl he spurred his horse toward me with naked sword in hand. Whether Sui was a good swordsman or a poor I never learned.

With a single blow I ran my blade straight through the rotten heart of Sui, and before the white, drawn faces of his army Sui rolled, grinning in horrible death, from his horse. He would resurrect, but now he was dead.

For a moment tense silence reigned in the field. Then the fifty thousand Bengal troops rushed upon me. Furiously we fought, the numbers were massively against me, but only a handful could fight with me at any given moment. I am not a mere mortal, I sat upon my mighty stallion, and the bengal troops had lost heart when their master fell.

On my left I heard the sound of Kenta-Ur shouting the Horselords to charge. I wanted the Horselords to see me and to know that Alvaro the Horselord was here, for I knew that this knowledge would inspire them to even greater deeds of valor than they had performed in the past. I stood up on my saddle, laughing at the Bengal soldiers. "To me, my Horselords, to me!" I shouted.

When Kenta-Ur and the cavalry reached the battle I could see Mughal troops on the righthand side. Soon they too charged in.

The battle was over in minutes. All Bengal troops lay dead on the field with their master.

Delhi was mine.

Alesso surveyed the chaos of India and mourned. He could only blame his own absence of the last 2 decades, yet at the same time his journey had been necessary, nay required after the events of previous times.

Alesso was revitalised now, his purpose clear. Where chaos festered order would reign. Where wars raged there would be peace. It was time his brothers were given a taste of just what the hand behind the Throne of Heaven could do.

With a whisper to the wind he called down the cyclones from the mountain. With a cry to the rain didst water rush across the desert. With a shout of anguish to the Sun didst fire streak down from the heavens scorching all who bore arms.

Before the thunder of his might his brothers cowered. Sui, Bistami and Gothmog, all three averted their gaze, scorched by his anger. "On this day your petty war ends! Let your armies go home, see to your wounded and give succor to the bereaved. Look to your people and pray that you do not provoke my anger again.

I have called on the King of the Mountains to come out of his lair. Let the Priest King show wisdom in India for I have seen none yet from you. Learn from his example for he shall rule now over Awadh, Tirput and Koch.

The people of Jodhupur require guidance. To them I say, Brother Amzad will show this to you. Amzad still has much still to learn but has shown more wisdom than most and we expect great things of him.

Now go brothers and do not cross my path any time soon for the forces of heaven are behind me and my wrath is like the fire of a volcano....

Bistami called upon the warriors of the Deccan and departed south, feeling strangely drained as though some of the immortal fire had been drawn from him. Likewise Sui sulked back to his lair, a grey shadow of his former himself. Both would recover in time. Of Gothmog, he departed with his armies back to the east, a smile upon his puckered lips though somewhat disappointed that the bloodshed had stop.

The Hour of Power
1519-1575

…The Hero dispatches the last four bodyguards with his trusty sword, the “Dayblade” with contemptuous ease. His armour, battered from numerous impacts, still shines brightly in the reflected firelight from the Chasms of Fire. The doom-laden air echoes with the clash of his steel boots on the marble walkway as he approaches the Throne of Bones, upon which the Arch-Lich X’v’ogatan sits silently watching his last defenders fall. The Dark Tyrant's eyes flame at the intrusion, and his bony grip tightens on the spines that serve as arm-rests. “Foul creature of undeath, your reign ends here”, the Hero declaims while assuming a truly impressive posture, “Prepare to be destroyed!”

X’v’ogatan rises from the seat, grasps his Staff of Power, and faces the Hero. “My armies are destroyed. My empire of darkness laid low. Even so, I will deny you your satisfaction, mortal”. Before the strong arm of the true Hero can strike down the Arch-Lich, it jumps over the edge of the walkway and falls down the chasm to the waiting fires below. A last despairing shriek is heard from the fires below, and then the Throne of Bones crumble into dust. The Hero smiles inwardly at such a fitting end to a foul creature, and painstakingly constructs one or two bon-mots that he will use to describe the situation in years to come, then begins the long road back to the king’s waiting daughter, the White Sorceress of Tangentia. “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, your beauty is great, and so is my lust”, he whispers, then edits it for parental acceptance. The kingdom is safe and the ancient evil destroyed, and who knows what the future will bring?

Meanwhile, X’v’ogatan dresses up in clean robes, opens the dark portal, performs a necessary act of cruelty, and steps into his destiny. The net strung across the chasm deep in its depths sure has proven handy over the years.

The White Sorceress greets the Hero with open arms. “My Hero”, she sighs, and as he embraces her (chastily, in case the king is watching), her head snuggling in his manly torso, her eyes flare briefly with the very fires of Hell, “share my life for better and for worse, and let us live happily ever after…”

[canned applause]

[bold voice of the True Hero, older and wiser] Welcome, Fellow Fallen, to the Hour of Power!

MEPHISTOPHELES: Greetings mortals, immortals, and those too weird for classification, INN happily presents, once again, the Hour of Power. Generously sponsored by several well-known brands of crack-cocaine. Remember to watch the advertisements or they just might watch you. Or worse. I am Mephistopheles, and I am your host tonight.

ASMODEUS: Must you be so crassly commercial?

MEPHISTOPHELES: I get percentages.

ASMODEUS: Right.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Tonight we follow the escapes of the natives of Earth #29. As you may well remember, eleven mortal brothers with immortal bodies fight against each other for the Throne of Heaven, and the right to proclaim themselves good. Well, when I say eleven, that is perhaps overstating the case.

ASMODEUS: Indeed, Mephistopheles. Three of the brothers, Muhammed, Drake, and Ilyar, have left their lust for power behind and become merchants.

[canned boohs]

MEPHISTOPHELES: Instead of fighting for might they are trading for gold, and being mightily successful at it. Surely, it might be a ruse. Perhaps they are merely prudent?

ASMODEUS: Perhaps. If seeing your magical powers atrophy through lack of use is prudent, then prudent they are. Power comes to he who is willing to seize it and use it!

MEPHISTOPHELES: And to he who is willing to buy it with his own soul in the balance, of course.

ASMODEUS: Of course, but it never, ever, comes to he who waits.

[the studio shakes violently as if in the grip of an earthquake]

MEPHISTOPHELES: Except in the case of lord Lucifer, of course. All hail!

ASMODEUS: Right. All hail!

[the shaking stills]

MEPHISTOPHELES: But enough of such matters. Let us turn to the matter on hand. India was torn by constant battles between Qutb, Sui, and Bistami… What is your analysis of the situation?

ASMODEUS: On the face of it, the standard alliances, betrayals, double-betrayals, and random bad luck set Sui-cuf-noc back the most. The most incompetent in warfare, he ended up in an untenable situation while Bistami and Qutb had both grown in power

[canned laughter]

MEPHISTOPHELES: But. There is a but, right?

ASMODEUS: Right. The alliance of Qutb and Sui would appear to have received a mortal blow, as Qutb vows to annex Bengal, Qutb’s realm. In response, Sui is pledging fealty to Bistami in return for protection. If this holds, Qutb may be in real trouble – unless he can find allies abroad. Amzad of the Mughals is definitely a possibility, as he appears to have made peace with Alvaro of the Chagatai.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Spoilsport. Ah, well, at least we can count on it ending in tears. Moving forward, in the war reaches of Siberia, Alvaro, deflowerer of horses, fought Kraunak the golden for his deepest desire: A safe harbour. Apparently, an ice-covered harbour thousands of miles from his homeland was the closest harbour he could conveniently acquire.

ASMODEUS: Only because he was too spineless to crush Amzad the Great Mogul and pave a way to the sea. In the end, the impotent Alvaro agreed to pay Kraunak a vast sum of money for a privilege that should have been his by the right of main force. A very poor showing by Alvaro – though excellent by Kraunak. It may have taken him a few decades to get truly moving, but now that he moves, watch out!

MEPHISTOPHELES: That is certainly the case. Regarding Amzad, it should be noted that a courageous INN camera imp snuck into his private quarters and acquired official Mughal documents, showing that Amzad was trying to ally himself with Alvaro, Qutb, AND Bistami, thus clearly setting somebody up for a double-cross, possibly himself. The brave imp managed to escape detection, as Amzad was occupied with exposing himself to seven nubile maidens and an elephant.

ASMODEUS: Those mortals. Always ready to try monstrous breeding programmes in the hope of producing superior warriors.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Actually, in this case I believe the case to be more prosaic. Selected pictures, which I retain for my private amusement, show that the elephant wore a sign “Burst Her With Your Mighty Tool”

ASMODEUS: Ah, one of those. That would explain much. I think we can safely leave Amzad to his pleasures.

MEPHISTOPHELES: As for the good, honoured Alesso, it is my pleasure to notice that he went on a killing spree, slaughtering the poor natives of what is laughingly referred to as the new world. Apparently his excuse for decimating the population and forcing them to eat bad Chinese food was that otherwise, they would have been conquered by somebody else, whereas his light occupation would practically pay for itself what with the gold mines and everything.

ASMODEUS: Gold mines worked by native slaves worked to death, if I am any judge – and I am.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Yes… His image is tarnished, his glory fleeting – but he does have the largest army in the world. As for the rest of the brothers, what have we got, Asmodeus?

ASMODEUS: Well, Drake of Mataram sits on a pile of gold, while Muhammed of Brunei attempts to psyche himself up to attack somebody. Possibly a penguin.

MEPHISTOPHELES: A penguin?

ASMODEUS: Yes. It is unlikely that he will strive against mightier prey. As for Ilyar of Malacca, he has been ominously silent. In fact, it is as if he has dropped off the face of the earth, yet nobody has admitted to his murder, so perhaps he is just in hiding, the cur. As for BrotherX, he has been steadily increasing his presence in the Buddhist lands while participating occasionally in the Indian wars, mainly supporting Bistami against Qutb and Sui-cuf-noc, but he not managed to conquer anything during these endeavours. His bark would appear to be significantly worse than his bite. As for peace, well

[BONG!]

MEPHISTOPHELES: Excuse me, Asmodeus, we have a direct transmission from Luang Prabang. I believe it is team #4

ASMODEUS: Right

…Live here from the glorious Luang Prabang, city of light, capital of Vientiane, this is Imp Foozle of the INN. As you can see, the mightiest of Vientiane are gathered here in the palace of BrotherX to hear an announcement of greatest notice. Oh shit, guardian spirits approaching – evasive action! EEP EEP EEP EEP! Erhm. I’m afraid we lost the camera-imp, let us all honour his memory with a silent second sometime when we are sleeping. I’m afraid we missed the best part but, yes, it appears the BrotherX has changed his name to “Bringer of Peace”, which in the old tongue would appear to be “Gothmog”. He pledges serenity to all Buddhists and a severe case of cold steel to any who would oppose him. People are praising his name. He raises his fists! Fires spring from clenched fist to clenched fist, a never-ending stream of light. Magnificent. Perfect mastery of the crowd, that is. Now he asks them “Are you serene?” and the crowd answers, “YO! We are serene”. Truly a momentous day in Luang Prabang. Gothmog proclaims that a new palace, safe from meteor bombardment, will be delved from the living rock near the capital, and what’s that noise? ARGHHHHHHHHHH NONONONO!!

MEPHISTOPHELES: Did you hear what I just did?

ASMODEUS: I haven’t got the foggiest idea, old chap. Funny coincidence, though.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Right. Gotmog is dead and buried, or at the very least destroyed. The wardens are nothing if not thorough, and Elderan and Pi-Low set him up good.

ASM. Indeed, Mephistopheles, indeed. Probably a simple temporal cross-over of terms. You know how silly they get at times.

MEPHISTOPHELES: Right. In other news, spell use appears to be up, and the first use of offensive, wicked, and wholehearted fun magic has been observed. Meanwhile, dark tendrils of power appear to be falling from the heavens more or less at random, occasionally grounding themselves in the soil of Asia. Do we have an explanation for those?

ASMODEUS: Yes. One expert claims that they are the souls of mistreated children returning for revenge, another is dead certain that they are a manifestation of the future representation of the letter “P” on Trombone. Rumours also link them to the pyramids, aliens (legal or otherwise), the torture of pigs by a farmer in Hebei, and loads of other nonsense. In other words, nobody has got a clue. Most likely it is just an unnatural phenomenon or in the worst case, an act of God. That said, wearing a grounded umbrella or spell might prove beneficial to your health.

MEPHISTOPHELES: As always, you are full of good advice. Remember kids, if you find an undetonated spell, do not activate it at home – your parents would not appreciate it.

Last edited:
The realm of Amzad, in the years faded out of memory

The sun rose to the bright blue sky as Amzad gazed into the glimmering horizon from the balcony of his castle.

Like whispers in the wind - words flowed through the air from his mouth - great deeds and betrayal will happen in the coming years... I foresee the map of india changed forever. The fate of the brothers will forever be driven to a new course over these years. I shall stand firm and not betray my word and be true to those I care for, but let my sword cut in half those who take up arms against me or my friends.

So it came to be that the brother in Vijaynagar begged Amzad to join against Delhi, for a moment amzad paused. Delhi indeed had been wicked in his ways in some years, but the service Delhi had done for Amzad would not go forgotten. Amzad sent his envoy to delhi and a treaty was signed between Delhi and Amzad stating the 3 Gujarati land provinces were to be given to Amzad for his everlasting and eternal support untill the last breath of the brother in Delhi...

Was all events to come part of Amzads clever scheme, or did the man stay serene. One can only guess but the events certainly unfolded in a way that would let Amzad escape out of the bonds of his word.

So the brothers in Vijaynagar and Bengal ascended upon Delhi, and Amzad joined his brother in defense. The provisioners and captains of the army however declined to rise the readiness status of Mughal army above 50% of the normal condition. Were they under secret orders from Amzad him self? or merely acting out of their own accord we shall propably never know, this caused Delhi to have to yield however. And the bloodfeud between Delhi and Bengal erupted even greater, in the end Delhi being completely succumbed.

Would this yield the perfect excuse to invade the whole proper of Delhi now? That Bengal had ransacked and raped the lands, would Amzad ride in and be the hero of the hour, only to mass immense wealth to him self? Secure the lands he wanted.

So Amzad rode in and vanquised all Bengal armies, and they had no other choise as to yield quickly all 5 bordering provinces, however one mistake Bengal made... Amzad had requiested the remaining Gujarati province to be given as well for a final peace, but it was not to be so.

Here one might note the fact that Bengals ally refused to honor the call to arms, backing off the battlefield, would greed and self interest rule the day for us all? Amzad would scream out no! He fights for justice and what is right! (atleast so he lets others see of his actions, what lies true in his heart only he knows).

2 years passed, when the Alvaro approached Amzad: "dear Amzad I deeply desire for my self a piece of India, will you my brother aid me in this?" Alvaro asked.

Amzad paused briefly, then replied: "You are my brother and I shall remain true to my word and aid thee in thy need, so shall it be, we will gain you a center of trade in India, I also desire my gujarati land back, these 2 demands and perhaps the province bordering Delhi should be all we take in this war dear Alvaro. Alvaro nodded and so it was to be.

The hounds of war barken again as the armies of Amzad marched into the battlefield once more. The brother of Bengal marched his armies to meet the Mughal and Chagatai army in Delhi, the battle was swift and merciless, the entire Bengal army was wiped off the face of the earth with few casualties. The war was decided. Provinces were taken and sieged, peace was offered to Bengal but he refused and called for Vijaynagar to come rescue him again, what a cowardly dog he is! He cried to Gothmog and the rest of the world how ill treated he was, despite him being the culprit. The peace terms were generous and light, only demanding what was refused before and was by justice Amzads, promised by Delhi allready.

So battles ensued with Vijaynagar, eventually them being pushed back and the horselord alliance controlling near all of Bengal. However at a critical moment Amzad had an urgent call from the palace, his sister was having a baby! He had to ride at all speed back home and the war was brought to an abtrupt ending, perhaps to be continued one day, but a brief pause to their enemies on that day. Now leaving an unwanted province of Ganges in the hands of Amzad instead of the 2 provinces he desired, the gujarati land was not to be as the evil bengal brother had released it as a vassal one second before the gates fell to Amzads armies, a magic barrier had halted the troops just as they were bursting through to the city.

To this day Amzad wonders what has his other personality been doing before now, relying totally on census income to fuel the mughal machine, much like a France of Darth Maur in its day. Efforts he made now to attempt to increase trade income somewhat, but a hard task it is. As well as asking him to colonize Siberia without any colonists or inflow of them, or without any conquistadors :(

Emperor Kraunak: What has passed in our realm since last we spoke so many years ago?

Chancellor juv-van-pong: My Lord, we have established foothold in foreign lands across the Eastern Sea adding great riches to our wealth.

Emperor Kraunak: Do they bring Gold to my realm?

Chancellor juv-van-pong: Yes your highness.

Emperor Kraunak: Then we shall keep them. Have the Chagatai Barbarians been punished for their rudeness yet?

Chancellor juv-van-pong: I would say so my highness.

Emperor Kraunak: Good! Should we perchance cook their ambassador in oil so that they might better understand our exalted position?

Chancellor juv-van-pong: I fear that might be unwise considering our exposed situation my delightedness.

Emperor Kraunak: Rubbish! I dare say every nation in the world will tremble before our feet if only we strike fear into their hearts by bioling their ambassadors!

Chancellor juv-van-pong: But our armies and navies are woefully unprepared for any retaliation such a daring action might provoce even done by your exquisite hand my worshipfulness.

Emperor Kraunak: Fear not for I have read in the flaggons of wine that no power shall be able to resist us no matter how we act in this world since the stars look kindly to us!

Chancellor juv-van-pong: But, but my highness...

Emperor Kraunak: Dear advisor, have you been amply supplied with revenue from our latest aquisitions overseas?

Chancellor juv-van-pong: Well, he he, I had some minor benefits, purely for my own survival put aside my graciousness, nothing excessive I assure you my Emperor.

Emperor Kraunak: Very well, worry not and feel free to tripple what little reward you received once you have implemented my orders. Now go my young apprentice! BWHAHHAAAHHAAA!!!

Chancellor juv-van-pong: Yes my Emperor

It was recently reported that most foreign ambassadors in Nippon were cooked in oil "to learn how to show respect to the greatest ruler of them all". Emperor Kraunak is reported to have uttered that "this hot bath will only make other nations feelings for us the more warmer." He was probably greviously mistaken in this but none of the attending nobles dared to gainsay him in fear of sharing the fate of the cooking ambassadors in front of them.