Thoughts on FTL Fleets vs. System Fleets

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah would have certainly been helpful. Can't guess what you are thinking.

Still don't see what that would bring other than reducing the number of available shiptype since your corvettes are basically glorified strike craft (which should be a base tech in my opinion) and making earlier wars less common since the investment into a destroyer is much higher than for corvettes. Then again with them being system bound if you go full destroyers you can just snipe all outlying systems to box people in.
Corvettes aren't (or at least shouldn't be) "glorified strike craft". The ratios in the game have strike craft being a full order of magnitude smaller than Corvettes, which are an order of magnitude smaller than Battleships.

The OP was speaking to whether ships of a given size could have higher ratios of FTL to non-FTL systems than what's currently expressed in the game mechanics, with only the final statement positing a situation where warship-based FTL would be done away with (which I didn't recommend). If anyone was looking at the ship naming conventions also in the OP and thinking I was advocating that all Corvettes should have their FTL removed, please note that I was looking at a situation where a Corvette-sized warship without FTL would retain the Corvette name and the FTL variant would be a Scout (versus the Scout Wing Tier-1 strike craft), like the next size up would be Destroyers vs. Frigates and then Battleships vs. Cruisers.

Maybe I should Clarify - While I would love for their to be more mechanics around warfare in stellaris I believe it would require a complete rework in order for it to be successful. Stellaris is a strategic game not a tactical game - ultimately its all about how many alloys you can produce and how many alloys your alloys can destroy. if you have more alloys than the opponent then you win!