• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hate when your allies play the "Race an HQ unit through undefended enemy territory" game.

The German AI is on a killing spree! :)

I guarantee you that this lone unit is led by von Lettow-Vorbeck.

December 1941-January 1942

General Douglas MacArthur, while fatigued by his recent jaunts about Europe, as well as the added stress of commanding many units at once, was quite satisfied with the geopolitical situation. After all,the war with the Internationale was almost over and the remaining red powers would no longer be able to call upon Franco-British industrial might to spread their poison:

"Sir," began Brigadier General Smith "Bad news out of India!"

Mac_Arthur_69.png

"Dammit," replied the general shortly "With their population, Lord only knows how much trouble they could make in Asia."

"Awaiting further orders, sir."

"Tell the State Department to get Tokyo on the horn: Let them know that we'll be willing to overlook Guam provided they oppose this 'Asian Internationale'."

"Yes, sir! But there's good news out of Italy too! We've finally reinforced the German lines! It's only a matter of days before the red government falls!"

"Perfect!"

Mac_Arthur_70.png

Mac_Arthur_71.png

January-February 1942

"Excellent," said MacArthur to the phone receiver "Send our congratulations to Naples."

Mac_Arthur_72.png

With the foreign pleasantries concluded, MacArthur knew that one of his next, extremely important calls would be to organize a conference with the heads of state of the other governments of Mittleuropa.
However, first he would have to check in with a trusted subordinate of his:

"Smith," barked the general "Cancel the mass troop evac from England to the East Coast. It's important."

"But sir," came Smith's voice "That would leave our northern border wide open for Blue, as in projected enemy number 1!"

Mac_Arthur_73.png

"Forget those plans," ordered MacArthur urgently "I've got a conference to plan and we've got a new PE 1, Red."

Mac_Arthur_74.png

Make sure to not over extend yourself now, will you.:p

July-December 1942

With the(armored) limousine speeding towards the Stuttgart Airport, General Douglas MacArthur realized that there was still much work to be done: What would be perhaps his country's most decisive battle against the red menace would be coming in the next couple of years:

Mac_Arthur_75.png

The collective intelligence services of Mittleuropa, with the help of the Russian resistance, had confirmed that, in addition to funding the armament of the remaining Syndicalist states, Soviet Russia had already begun a massive military buildup of its own, in addition to having formed a new bloc of Syndicalist states. The leaders of Mittleuropa, Kaiser Wilhelm III of Germany in particular, realized that the Soviet problem would have to be dealt with sooner or later. However, this would be no mean feat: The Soviet empire, while not ruling over the entirety of the old Tsarist lands, was still massive with a manpower base to match its size.

Regardless of the massive task at hand, preparation had to begin immediately. To this end, the leaders of Mittleuropa held a top-secret conference in Stuttgart. Fortunately for the red-hating general, he was accompanied by a loyal and now quite skilled administrator:

"Preparations for Operation Falcon are hours away from completion, sir," reported Brigadier General Smith "The troops garrisoning Mexico have been redeployed to the southern border."

Mac_Arthur_76.png

"Good," MacArthur replied "You know how important it is that we deny Moscow any potential allies. Especially in our backyard."

"Speaking of Moscow's potential allies, sir."

Mac_Arthur_77.png

"Better they go with them than the Reds."

However, come Christmastime, the good news MacArthur received would dwarf any gift short of the fall of Moscow itself:

"Sir," came the familiar voice of Smith "Centroamerica and Red India have fallen!"

Mac_Arthur_80.png

Mac_Arthur_78.png

Mac_Arthur_79.png

"Perfect," answered MacArthur triumphantly "Only reason it took so long was those damnable jungles."

"Also sir," resumed Smith "About Hawaii..."

Mac_Arthur_81.png

"Granted, I was kind of angry when I first heard about it, but with the news out of India and Latin America, nothing's going to bring me down right now."

Finale: Operation Washington

June 6th, 1944

"Good news from the Baltic states, sir," came the voice of Brigadier General Smith "Our forces alongside the IGA have engaged the Soviet border guard! Operation Washington is underway!"

Mac_Arthur_82.png

"Good," replied MacArthur "But we've got to be careful: One wrong move could see our entire front collapse. That notwithstanding, get me on the next plane to Riga. There's now way I'm not being a part of this."

Mac_Arthur_83.png

Mac_Arthur_84.png

At his Narva field headquarters, General Douglas MacArthur was finding himself under about as much stress as he had experienced during the civil war. Not surprising given the situation: While the Germans and Austrians had succeeded overrunning red Poland easily, the Finns had almost folded under the Swedish onslaught:

"Sir!" said Smith breathlessly "While we've advanced a good ways into Russia and the German counterattack in Ukraine is going well, the Finns have almost collapsed completely!"

Mac_Arthur_85.png

Mac_Arthur_86.png

"Dammit," MacArthur muttered "We'll have to redirect most of our forces in the area to what's left of what we hold in Finland. We'll have to leave the bulk of the Red Army to the Germans. Smith, you'll lead the Finnish counter offensive. I'm going to Moscow, understand?"

"Yes, sir!"

Finale pt.2

November 20th, 1944

Winter, the bane of any invading army into Russian territory, had already gripped its hooks into Mittleuropa forces in Russia. Granted, roughly 80% of the deployed troops had specialized winter equipment, however it was still looking to be a less-than-comfortable winter, as General Douglas MacArthur could attest to, the only heat source for his field office being a wood-burning stove:

Mac_Arthur_87.png

"What is it, Smith," said the MacArthur, his teeth audibly chattering over the phone

"Sir, we've pushed the Swedish forces out of Finland!"
came the voice of Brigadier General Smith "And the Germans have already landed in southern Sweden!"

"Good: Now all this leaves is to take Moscow and Syndicalism will be resigned to the trash can of history where it belongs."

"Of course, sir: But the Russians have been preparing for this for years. They're going to have fortifications surrounding Moscow on all sides."

"Yeah, I noticed."

While Sweden fell to the Imperial German Army in fairly short order, the Russians were considerably more tenacious. Throughout the winter, the combined Mittleuropa forces launched a number of failed and abortive offensives against the fortress city. It was only with the spring thaw that the offensive was able to flare up again. By this time however, MacArthur was becoming extremely irritated with the situation:

"Is it ready yet, Smith?" inquired the general

"Yes, sir," replied Smith "Our bombers are taking off from Memel right now."

"Perfect: The attack will commence shortly afterwards."

Mac_Arthur_88.png

After the first ever tactical nuclear weapons against the Red Army, the situation crumbled completely for Moscow: Their last remaining defenses collapsed and a joint German-American force entered the city shortly afterwards.

Mac_Arthur_89.png

Invited to Berlin for the massive victory celebrations, MacArthur declined, stating that there was still much that needed in his own country. Even on the train back to Riga, there was still work to be done:

"Going to Berlin to celebrate with your men, Smith?" inquired the general

"I would," began Smith "But-"

"But nothing! I'm giving you two weeks leave. Go to Berlin. Have a good time with your men. God knows you've earned it."

"Thank you, sir."

"However one last thing before you do: Send word to the State Department to extend our recognition and congratulations to the new regime in Moscow."

Mac_Arthur_90.png

Epilouge

From the journal of Brig. General John Smith, US Army (Ret.)

"After the defeat of Soviet Russia, I returned to the States and, after thirty years in the army, handed in my resignation to the General. I've neglected my family for far too long and want to actually be a husband to my wife and a father to my children."

Screen_Save0.png

"We still haven't made up with the Canadians/British-in-exile: They never forgave us for joining Mittleuropa, as well as acknowledging members of House Hohenzollern as the legitimate rulers of England, Scotland, and Wales. Apart from a few border skirmishes, the full-scale war that many expected never came. We had one big scare in '53 with tempers running high on both sides, but the war itself never came. Our situation with Ottawa is best described as not being at war, but not exactly at peace either. Some have taken to calling this state a "cold war."

Screen_Save1.png

"Some news completely out of left field came when the Integralist regime of Brazil restored their monarchy and declared the Third Brazilian Empire.
While a lot of Americans disapproved of the move, we, with the Brazilians being probably our closest ally in the Western Hemisphere, wished them well.

Mac_Arthur_Manila.jpg

"It was on the New Years Day 1952 when we heard the news on the radio: After fourteen years of leading the country, General MacArthur passed away in his sleep, surrounded by friends and family.
Buried at Arlington with full honors, my family and I were invited to attend the funeral. I felt I owed it to him after all he had done for me.

While one of his subordinates, Dwight Eisenhower (who, between you and me, really scared me) seized power after the general's death, free elections did eventually (after his assassination of course) return to America: However it was...different somehow: People (even those elected to office!) came to take politics more seriously, not taking it for granted as much as they had in the past."

"I however, being a tired old man, simply wish to live out the rest of my days in peace and quiet, with my children and grandchildren.

Yours truly,
Brigadier General John Smith, US Army, Retired"

Author's note

Wow, I've finished my very first AAR ever on the forums. Quite an experience!
Seriously everybody, thanks for your interest and support.

I think I'm going to shy away from writing (completely) dialogue-based AARs for a while now.
It's not that I found it troubling to write, I just want to experiment with other styles.

As for my next big project, my German Empire AAR (with a twist): It's going to be massive. Massive as in "the-entire-timeline" massive. So needless to say, it might take a while.
In the meantime, I'm considering another AAR to tide my audiences over until the German Empire one's ready: Right now I'm torn between Imperial Japan and Wrangel's Russia. I'd like to hear what you'd like to read about: I've got a story in mind for both of them.

Any further comments, questions, etc, feel free to post.

Congrats on finishing! I can't wait to see your next one.

Well done! It's been a good ride. :) as for next aar, I definitely favor Japan. :)

I go with Japan too, although as an Arsenal of Democracy instead of an authoritarian regime.