• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AH UUuuuuu Ah UUuuuuu

Thanks for the necro! What kind of telepathy people have here?

Today seems to be getting better and better! It's been a long long time since I even checked these forums last time but not a long time ago I found my other AAR from my computer and decided to continue that because it seemed to be too good to leave here dying. As usually, I really didn't get anything done and now checked the forums again to find a private message about continuing this AAR or writing another multiplayer AAR.

People. Rome community.

I love you.

Let's get back to the ass kicking! Update about Egyptian war coming tonight!!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!
520-526 AVC
Lots of unnecessary aggression

Örrmm.. Let's see if I still remember how these things are done.. At least I immediately forgot that I should update between 5 or 10 years, not 6-7...

Very image heavy update here because I can't remember anything useful of the beginning of this update and nothing very special happened in the end. The pictures will tell the story.

I opened the savegame and started looking around.. Last update is from last July so it's been a year so honestly, I have no idea where I was back then, what I was doing, why I was doing, how I was doing or when I was doing that. I remember a huge collision against Egypt and then the screenshots reminded me about the rest of the story. Let's sum it up.

Seleucids called me to arms against Egypt in January 521 AVC and thus I marched my 3rd and 4th Stratoses lead by Ephron Philonid and Xenon Xenonid to the Middle East.
When our brave Spartan warriors arrived to the scene in late 522 AVC, the two diadochi states were already beating the seven shades of s*** out of eachother[1] in Judea - Sinai area.
Egypt blocked the entrance to Alexandria with a total of 80 units in Sinai and the meatgrinder started when my 20 extra units started helping out the Seleucids.

RomeGame2012-09-0520-38-28-89_zps640998e1.jpg

Nothing happened.

Attrition killed several units from every army around the region but nobody made any progress. Finally in late 523 AVC I carved a way trough the Egyptian units and even managed to hold Alexandria for a while but as I expected, immediately when the blob had the chance they called a truce with Egypt. And not as a surprise, 10 days after the white peace they cancelled their alliance with me. Wonderful! However as they can't decide between being plain stupid and hurting themselves and playing intelligent they decided to guarantee me anyway. I was almost happy back then :)

RomeGame2012-09-0520-40-06-61_zps37c08fc4.jpg

Annoyed by the AI and the yellow blob I walked back my armies just to find out that whole Asian region started revolting. With some cold steel and warm beer I cut down the revolts and decided to continue kicking some major ass. Pontus and Colchis (yeah, I'm the person who did not take their provinces in the first war because they were "too far"...) were destined to fall under the Spartan warmachine.

DoW_zps632f2f6e.jpg

Aetolian League joined the war as Pontus' ally but it was quickly cut down just like everyone else. During 525 AVC most of the coast around the Black Sea was taken under control despite the stability drop due incapable ruler event in November.

sieget_zpsa46928a5.jpg

Some bitter defeats happened against Pontus' navy even if it was a lot smaller than mine.

RomeGame2012-09-0520-56-52-86_zps5053fded.jpg

Then started new gaming session, everything before this was memories from last summer..

Colchis accepted peace terms in June 526 and everything seemed to go fine, I even felt like I still had some grasp of the game controlling.

Öyngh..?

Romescreeni5_zpsf5ad2499.jpg

I think we'll need that grasp very soon...

Now where is it when I need it the most??

Oh, hello there.. Didn't bother to bring my hidden Rome Ace player with you?

iberia_zpsfab5cc6e.jpg

Luckily I have Thracia, at least in theory and according to other players I can wait there until they drain their manpower.. I heavily doubt that it will ever happen but in case nothing else helps, perhaps a doomstack or two of heavy infantry and a quick run trough the Asia Minor will win me enough warscore to peace out...

[1] Anyone knows the game where the quote is from?

Thanks for the necro! What kind of telepathy people have here?
Today seems to be getting better and better! It's been a long long time since I even checked these forums last time but not a long time ago I found my other AAR from my computer and decided to continue that because it seemed to be too good to leave here dying. As usually, I really didn't get anything done and now checked the forums again to find a private message about continuing this AAR or writing another multiplayer AAR.
People. Rome community.
I love you.
Let's get back to the ass kicking! Update about Egyptian war coming tonight!!
:D Je suis heureux de voir que tu relances du coup ton histoire.
Et oui, vive la communauté de EU:Rome et tous les fans de la "république romaine" :p

Et oui, vive la communauté de EU:Rome et tous les fans de la "république romaine" :p
Eh?

Eh?

If I don't know wrong Sylla always posts in French.. Kinda badass :D

I think I'll take a try and play a session today to see if I get any mental health problems with Seleucids.. It's likely that I'll hurt my arse but I still have small hopes, in the form of Egypt, but with my luck they'll attack me instead..