• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor Ike

Karelian Buccaneer
120 Badges
Jul 17, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Empire of Sin
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Ancient Space
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • For The Glory
  • Knights of Honor
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • The Kings Crusade
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
texasflag_l.jpg

Republic of Texas AAR

Republic of Texas in the year 1836
Situated in the south-west between the United States of America and Mexico, the people of Texas had rebelled against the Mexicans and declared Texas as an independent nation.
texas-36.jpg

Quickly setting up an parliamentary form of goverment with two-party system the Whig party had taken control with the lead of David G. Burnet.
politics36.jpg

Population of Texas mostly consisted from Texans, Afro-American slaves and Mexicans, all with their own agendas.
population.jpg

The ruling class of Texas had laid the true borders for Texas when they had declared independency but the huge Cherokee population in most of the Texan frontier colonies had declined their right on the lands and their only hope is to strugle against Mexico and Santa Anna.
claimswar36.jpg

Last edited:
Just try to remain as the world eight greatest military power. :D
How long shall you keep slavery? ;)

For story purposes there are some added infantries and cavalry regiments. Slavery shall remain in Texas as long as the texans deems it necessary.

Chapter 1
Texan War for Independence
January 2nd, 1836

We have finally declared independence from Mexico City and Santa Anna, even though it's not official yet they have ordered us to move to San Antonio and the surrouding areas of Alamo. I heard that Sam Houston himself is leading the Army of Texas to Corpus Christi, while we Brown Coats are to reinforce Travis and others in San Antonio. They say that we Brown Coats will perish in the first Mexican attack because we have no training but i don't agree with them.

My father and two brothers joined the Brown Coats before me together with many Texans and suprisingly amount of Dixies and Yankees. Hopefully with my fathers experience i will see them soon.
brown.jpg

When i heard the news about Texans going to war over independence i was in New York City, even though i had my university studies still incomplete i wanted to see my family and know that they are safe. When i got back ot Austin mother told me about my father and brothers. So i decided to join the fight too, the Brown Coats had allready left for San Antonio but there was another group of them, the mounted Brown Coats. Cavalry had always been respected and i was accepted in. I was promoted as an Staff Officer under Major General Ellis.
mountedcoats.jpg

I'm not sure what lies ahead of me or the new born Texas, i just hope that my father and brothers will be okay.

-John Reynolds

Last edited:
Texas had been attempting to secede from Mexico for a long time.
It was a long war, with little fighting. :p

I like the name Corpus Christi. :rolleyes:

Texas had been attempting to secede from Mexico for a long time.
It was a long war, with little fighting. :p

I like the name Corpus Christi. :rolleyes:

There are still many wars for Texas and John, Burt and Malcolm Reynolds.

margue.jpg

January 3rd, 1836, Republic of Texas issued an large amount of Letters of margue to privateers. Even though Republic of Texas benefited from this greatly it's relations to Mexico became even worse. The United State's goverment also expressed that it wasn't happy about this policy of Texas.​

January 29th, 1836

We were ordered to provide support for General Houston in Corpus Christi yesterday. We hadn't been able to properly settle in San Antonio when the news came that Houston had reached his destination.
corpus.jpg

I managed to see my father and brothers only briefly before Major General Ellis issued the order to march to Houstons aid. I can only hope that they will be safe, my mother would be heart broken if they would die. I don't really fear the war but the men are talking that Ellis is always looking for battle and it is rumored that he has once gotten an whole regiment killed for his ambitions. Hopefully that is only an rumor.

-John Reynolds

Is this going to be narrative?

John Reynolds? Firefly?

Mostly yes, i guess.

Well thank the Gods for someone noticing the Firefly references :p As an another note all the brothers are named after famous Reynolds ;)

I thought as soon as I read the word "Browncoats" that there was some Firefly shenanigans about...the setting doesn't seem out of place either, oddly enough...

...still, the Browncoats lost. This doesn't bode well for the future. Oh well, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! ;)

:rofl:

texasinde.jpg

March 3rd, 1836 Goverment of Texas with the lead of Burnet officially declared Republic of Texas as an independent state.​

March 13th, 1836

Last few weeks we have been patrolling the border near Corpus Christi. I heard that several of the Brown Coats in San Antonio had been ordered back to Austin to protect the capital. I really don't know why but General Houston and his armies have also retreated to the north. Ten days we have been officially independent but Santa Anna has still refused to recognize our freedom but Major General Ellis just keeps saying that "we need to fight for what is right", but how long will we keep fighting?

-John Reynolds

Officially independent?
I beg your pardon, every map shows that Texas was a part of Mexico in the 1830s and I don't think that it is enough that your other 'neighbour' recognizes your independence just to anger Mexicans. :p
Somehow I'm thinking now of Abghazia and South Ossetia... :D

Officially independent?
I beg your pardon, every map shows that Texas was a part of Mexico in the 1830s and I don't think that it is enough that your other 'neighbour' recognizes your independence just to anger Mexicans. :p
Somehow I'm thinking now of Abghazia and South Ossetia... :D

Well they thought it was official.

March 30th, 1836

We just heard the news. Mexican army under the command of Santa Anna had massacred Texas garrison in Alamo and texan soldiers in Goliad. I havent heard anything else beside the fact that Houston is still retreating futher north. Why aren't we doing anything? Are we going to let Santa Anna walk to Austin and take our freedom? I need to talk to Ellis about this, i need to know were my father and brothers there, in Alamo when Santa Anna attacked. I need to know.
alamo.jpg

-John Reynolds

April 13th, 1836

I was able to speak Major General Ellis to aprove our movement to San Antonio and Alamo, he was as furious as we all about the deeds of the Mexicans there. I also found out that he had a son in Alamo. We rode day and night to get here and when we finally did we met only a small garrison of Mexicans guarding the city. We had our revenge, we killed them all, every single one because Major General Ellis ordered and it seemed like the right thing to do.
santonio.jpg

It seemed that Santa Anna had left San Antonio with haste and this garrison was there to bury the bodies. I don't know what went into me but i searched every pile every, open grave until i found him. My father brutally murdered, there were several bullet wounds and cuts that had been made with bayonets. How could someone do something like this and where are my brothers? Now in my anger i'm just looking away to avenge my father and possibly my brothers.

-John Reynolds

2wefhvo.jpg

Santa Anna was captured in mid April when Sam Houston together with his army attacked Santa Anna in San Jacinto. Even though many wanted to execute him there Houston sent him to Washington D.C to be sure that Santa Anna would not try and take Texas back.​

April 17th 1836

I visited mom today and found out that my brothers were okay. Father had sent them away from Alamo to deliver letter to mom but had stayed back himself. I told them what i had seen in Alamo and that father had been killed. My brothers were of course furious and mom was heart broken but he still had us. Just a moment ago news came that Santa Anna had been captured in San Jacinto by Houston. I hoped that he had been allready killed but when they said that Houston had sent him to Washginton D.C i was suprised. They say that this way we will have insurance that Santa Anna wont rise an army against us when he gets back to Mexico. Well for me it would have been better if he would be dead.

-John Reynolds

34sqzaq.jpg

Santa Anna agreed to make peace but he refused to give all the lands to Texas and this angered many of the texasians who still wanted all the lands back. Many said that "We should have gotten it all!" when asked about the peace treaty.
25krh4z.jpg

Even though Texas was at peace they didn't give up their claims on the lands they saw where their.

April 23th 1836

We have peace now but still we didn't get the lands that we wanted and my revenge is still unfilled but i am glad that the war is over and i am with my family. Peter came here today with grave news, he told me that Major General Ellis had died. Well i guess we are better off without him but who will replace him?

-John Reynolds

qn395s.jpg

Even though most texasians and the native indians lived in peace there were those who constantly made raids on the texasian settlemenst.
25kmmw2.jpg

While both Texas and Mexico were at peace the privateers working for Texas still attacked Mexican vessels in the coast of Mexico and usually their targets were mexican trading ships.​