• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He isn't the last surviving Komneons I think- to name one, the Maximos guy was a Komneoi for sure, and this house seems powerful so I think that there are more.
Ah, dang it, I got all swept up in that Kaiser Söze idea. Oh well, thanks for setting me straight. :)

That was a brilliant AAR and an awesome ending.

Going to check the EU4 AAR now ;)

Did anyone else read the final chapter out loud with hand gestures?

I really enjoyed this whole AAR. And I loved the subtle and numerous Star Wars references in that last chapter. I'm very excited to see your next steps in EUIV!

You deserve every bit of the glory for such a fantastic AAR.

I've been following your AARs for the past year or so, back from the KSP forums. You're for sure what convinced me to both start writing them myself, and get this wonderful game. Thanks!

""EMPEROR MARKOS II: :looking at the skull: And only sometimes I wonder... Given the choice - whether to rule a corrupt and failing Imperium or to challenge the Fates for another throw against his destiny – what would he do today?
:Demetrios looks at the Emperor in confusion:
EMPEROR MARKOS II: But does one truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... And thus defy the tyrannous stars...
:Markos II Angelos looks at the skull in silence for a moment; he kisses it and gently puts it back in the chest:""

I see what you did there. Kain is eternal.

SAVE FILE FROM "THIS IS MADNESS" CK2 AAR NOW AVAILABLE

DicFnzW.jpg

You can download it here: Dropbox link.

To use this save you have to:
  • download it and put in the Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/save games folder
  • in Steam uninstall (by un-ticking) all DLCs released after "Rajas of India" including RoI
  • in Steam go to CK2 -> Properties -> Beta and choose version 2.0.4

Let me once again say "thank you" to everyone who read this story and commented - without your support I would've never reached the stage where I'm at (that is year 1540 in EU4 part of the story and EU4 mod based on the AARs being worked on) :)

BTW this thread looks horrible after the forum code was changed. I will clean it up a little bit when I have some time.

Reactions:
My first post on the forum is to thank you for this glorious AAR. You have some amazing writing here and it's gotten even better over time.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it :) And I really like writing.

Make sure to check out EU4 part of the story! ;)

Last edited:
Well, I finally got around to reading this and wow, that was one hell of a ride. And that ending! Markos III leaves one hell of an impression.

There is, however, one small, tiny, minor, little thing that I noticed that is bothering me and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.

In the Epilogue, Emperor Markos III's dialog is identified as Emperor Markos II.

So, unless there is some hidden plot twist that it was actually the skull that was talking during that scene... Although to be honest, that would have been one hell of a twist.

BTW, was I the only one reading Markos III dialog in Simon Templetons voice?

A little late (ok a lot) to the party, but wow. A very enjoyable read. Nicely done. And props to the author. Is one thing when the game itself good crazy, but another entirely too turn something that of the rails into a compelling story. Bravo!

PS: This AAR (along with a few let's plays) is what finally convinced me to stop just watching and start playing CK2. After about a month it's about to become my most played game on Steam. Thank you for that.