• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This threat is becoming more awesome from day to day...

fixed :D

No offense intended Enlil.

"Noooooo! I have been foiled again! Curse you loyalist of the Angeloi, you have not heard the last of me!" Which is what I would say if I wasn't still a prisoner of the Athanatoi.

tw9AuvW.jpg

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks that the roleplaying is starting to get just a tad out of hand?

tw9AuvW.jpg

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks that the roleplaying is starting to get just a tad out of hand?

Only one person can bring order back ! Czoklet we need another chapter !

Seriously I hope if Senate there is, that each vote won't be like that :p

Well, it would be a good representation of every real life senate that ever was (and is)...

tw9AuvW.jpg

Only one person can bring order back ! Czoklet we need another chapter !
Well, it would be a good representation of every real life senate that ever was (and is)...

3691098-6662456690-503px.jpg

Seriously though, let's put an end to this - we don't want the moderators to lock this thread before this part of the AAR is over, now do we? Of course we don't! And that's why we will all wait with roleplaying until the EU4 part of "This Is Madness" is accepted as interactive and started. Luckily I just have something which may help you focus and stop derailing the thread (although all the 1984 references were indeed pretty cool) - I wanted to share this with you after the new chapter is released but what the heck, I may just as well do this now:

[size=+2]GOOD NEWS[/size]

[size=+1]1. I've finished the game![/size]
By this I mean that I reached 11 Nov 1444. Why this is good news? It means that I can already start messing with converter files to make sure that exported save properly represents what we had in CK2. This means mainly lots of small fixes but also bigger ones like custom new National Ideas for Imperium under Angeloi benevolent rule, better flag, better colors for certain countries (for instance Aztec will have the same color they had in CK2, not green from vanilla EU4) and so on.

[size=+1]2. Purple Phoenix Arise is working in EU4![/size]

As it turned out, all it takes is a small fix to make PPA work in EU4 1.7.3! And this is great news indeed. Why? Let me show you:

M1mwG2V.jpg

JTpljGg.jpg

smiW9QN.jpg

6wJXSXH.jpg

And these are just few things introduced by PPA! With dozens of decisions like Bride Show or attempt to murder your heir, new goverment types, forced Westernization and others there will be lots and lots of flavor for the Imperium in EU4 part of the story and this pleases me greatly :)

Great news! :)
השבח לאל, והשבח למשפחת אנגלויי!
(Praise god, and praise the Angeloi family!)

LIBRARY OF GREAT PANDIDAKTERION
BASILEIA TON OURANON

1kz4G6H.jpg

15th March 1440
City of Merea, thema of Alexandreia

OFFICER #1: Are you sure?
OFFICER #2: Absolutely – that's them.
OFFICER #1: Courtiers, soldiers, attendants... good Lord, there is so many of them... :crosses himself: What the noble lords from Konstantinoupolis are doing in here?
OFFICER #2: It's not for us to know. You! Inform the doux that megas domestikos has arrived.
SOLDIER: Yes, sir.

Megas domestikos with his attendants and soldiers have arrived on the main square of Morea, where small garrison of city bandon is assembled to welcome him. Doux of Alexandreia strides through the troops to meet megas domestikos himself.

DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Lord Demetrios, this is is an unexpected pleasure. We're honored by your presence.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: You may dispense with the pleasantries, doux. I'm here to put you back on schedule.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: I assure you, megas domestikos, my men are working as fast as they can.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: I tell you, the new limes along Nile will be operational as planned.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. Do you think that Mongol barbarians will wait patiently until we finish building these fortifications?
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: But he asks the impossible! I need more men.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: *aghast* The... the Emperor's coming here?
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: That is correct, doux. After recent events Augustus wishes to spend some time away from the Capital. And he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: *smiles nervously* We shall double our efforts.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: I hope so, doux, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

18th March 1440
Chamber of megas domestikos, castle of Merea

Demetrios sits at his table full of letters and papers writing orders; doux of Alexandreia enters the room

DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: My lord megas domestikos. You wanted to see me.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *writing letter* There was a change of plans. The Emperor won't visit this petty excuse for a town.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: No...? But-
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: His Imperial Highness most blessed Basileus Augustus Alexios Angelos wishes to spend some time hunting. I've been told there are some wild animal living not so far from Merea. *signs the letter and looks at doux* Lions, to be more precise. Is this true?
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Yes, my lord megas domestikos. The beasts have attacked the villagers recently. Because of the chaos following the war nobody could-
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Here. *gives doux the letter* These are orders for you and local administration.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Thank you, kyrios.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: I'm leaving tomorrow morning to accompany the Emperor during his time of leisure.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Oh, that's... that's truly a great shame, my lord megas domestikos. If only you wanted to stay here, I could-
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Spare me this. I'll be gone for a few days – I expect to see some substantial progress in building the limes by the time I'm back. Are we clear, doux?
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Yes, my lord.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Leave me now - it's late and there's still something I have to do.
DOUX OF ALEXANDREIA: Naturally. *bows* I wish you a good hunting, kyrios.

Doux of Alexandreia leaves the room

DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *to himself* Good hunting indeed...

Alone, Demetrios sits at the table and after a while of searching grabs a thin manuscript in a leather cover

DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *opens the book and reads the first page* Basileia Ton Ouranon or The Divine Order – to my advisor and friend for his loyal service. Loyal service.... *starts reading*

Eis to onoma tou Patros kai tou Huiou kai tou Hagiou Pneumatos. Amen.

This is the work in which I will inquire the divine kosmos, the order of God's creation. I pray to the Hagiou Pneumatos for guidance, for great is His wisdom and His glory. May Iesus Kristos forgive me if I make any mistake in describing sacred hierarchy created by Him, for I am an unworthy sinner and, as the Holy Bible teaches us, the reason of man may led him astray. Only through Faith can we truly know the World.

DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: I wonder whether this is the only existing copy – I'm sure rector of Pandidakterion would like to have this in his library. *browses through the pages* Hmm....

[size=+2]BASILEIA TON OURANON OR THE DIVINE ORDER
(...)
CHAPTER 4: HIERARCHY OF CREATION[/size]

evFH2a8.jpg

(...)

And such is the order in Heaven where Our Lord Almighty God reigns as the One True Lord. Below His Glory are the orders of His angeloi. In the first Sphere Seraphim, Cherubim and Thrones. In the second Sphere Dominions, Virtues and Powers. In the third Sphere Principalities, Archangels and Angels. All of them I have described earlier. Now I shall proceed to investigate the reflection of the heavenly basileia ton ouranon on this world. From the most noble to the most unworthy it goes like Our Lord wanted it to be. This is the Hierarchy of Creation and cursed be who dares to challenge it for this is the will of God. Amen.

[size=+1]The first Sphere – Chosen by God[/size]

tQZR5xv.jpg

I. Caesar Augustus Basileus Autokrator Dominus of the Imperium Romanum – God's Regent of the Earth

vptWBHx.jpg

The sacred Emperor of the Imperium Romanum,basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom – he is the first among all Chosen by God. Like Iesus Kristos rules in Heaven, His Regent rules the Earth in His name, as His living image on this world, holy eikon of God's glory. He is the embodiment of the might and legacy of the Imperium. As the sole ruler of all Christians guided by God in all his actions, the Emperor personifies wisdom, justice, restraint and fortitude. Blessed with these gifts of the Holy Spirit, the Augustus carries a heavy burden, for to protect the Imperium and Christendom from all evil is not an easy task.

(...)

To not venerate him is blasphemy, to oppose him is heresy and to challenge him is sacrilege. Being guided by God himself, the Emperor can never make a mistake and no matter how harsh his methods may seem they are always justified, for they serve to achieve the greatest goal of all – to ensure the survival of the Imperium and all good Christians. Utterly devoted to his sacrosanct duty, Augustus will use any means necessary for the glorious cause of the Imperium. Like Saint Markos Isapostolos before him – blessed be his name – the Emperor is a benevolent guardian of all Children of God and their greatest defender. With sacred blood of the Angeloi in his veins, he's standing firmly between the Forces of Darkness and the Light of the Holy Cross, between the hordes of barbaric xenoi and brave Romaioi. Great is his sacrifice and his glory and all shall by lying flat on the floor face down before his majesty.

II. Imperial House, High Council of the Imperium, Imperial Senate

EsxAmir.jpg

Second among the Chosen by God are members of the Imperial House Angelos, councilors of the High Council of the Imperium Romanum and senators of the Imperial Senate in this order (…) all of them are to be saluted by a full earth-low bow. First among them all are daughters and sons of Saint Markos Isapostolos. All Angeloi are blessed with his blood and all of them are God's most beloved. (…) To do them any harm or to spill their sacred blood is a mortal sin.

(…)

The members of the Imperial Council are first among noble dynatoi of the Imperium, chosen by the Emperor himself to counsel him. They are the brightest, most experienced and talented citizens of the Imperium, the purest souls not tainted by heresy and united in their absolute loyalty to the Throne.

(…)

And the last of them are the members of the Senate, divided into three orders of clarissimi, illustres and gloriosi and led by Eparch of the City.

III. Great Houses of the Imperium

LIVH8ZY.jpg

Smallest among the Chosen by God are the members of the Great Houses of the Imperium – the dynatoi. It's these noble and ancient families like House Komnenos, House Skleros, House Dalassenos, House Kamateros, House Lekapenos, House Balsamon, House Melissenos, House Monomachos, House Doukas and many others who form the pillars of the Roman might and the foundation of the Imperium.

(…)

The sons of the Great Houses serve the Imperium in many ways. They provide soldiers to the Imperial Army and sailors to the Imperial Navy. They man the walls and fortresses of limes. They serve in the imperial administration as clerks, courtiers and officials. They are douxes, strategoi, domestikoi, senators and Bearded Ones of the Great Palace. They govern their thema in the Emperor's name, delivering justice, collecting taxes and protecting the faithful from the vile heresies. By birthright and their virtues they are dynatoi, the first of the nobiles – the elite among the Romaioi. (…) Every commoner shall show his respect to them by lightened full earth-low bow.

[size=+1]The second Sphere – Children of God[/size]

x7NJWDg.jpg

IV. Penetes, clergy, monks and other servants of the Imperium

PWljO6e.jpg

The first among the Children of God are the members of the first class of the second Sphere of the Basileia ton Ouranonaristoi, clergy, monks and other servants of the Throne. Be it eunuch of the Great Palace, pious monk praying for the victory of Roman armies, priest celebrating Divine Liturgy or administering Sacred Sacraments or countless other minor clerks, scribes and other servants working tirelessly every day, all of them are vital for the running of the Imperium.

(...)

The laws of the Imperium must be obeyed. However, carrying and executing orders of imperial officials would be impossible if not the inexhaustible effort of thousands of these smallest servants of the Throne. Only by strict adherence to forms, protocols and due process of its lowest clerks and scribes can the vast lands of the Imperium be governed properly. The orders of the Throne, either bound by the ordinary rope or these of highest priority bound by the red tape, must be followed, for this is the only way for Christendom to survive.

t4Jna4d.jpg

But the most important of them all are noble penetes. Although not as powerful or wealthy as dynatoi, they are also aristoi and as such they have a special place in the divine order of this world. It's from their ranks that the eunuchs, clerks, priests, monks and so on are recruited. Their duty is to serve the Imperium and they dedicate their life to fulfill it. Leading troops on the battlefield as officers of the Imperial Army, praying for divine protection in monasteries or overseeing lower clerks of the imperial administration, these aristoi are the lifeblood of the Imperium. They are to be honored by every commoner by belt-low bow.

V. Citizens of the Imperium

IvhOFnT.jpg

All other Romaioi than those mentioned before belong to the Second Sphere as well. The citizens of the Imperium are blessed with a special privilege – they may live their life in peace. Protected by the might of the Imperial Army and walls and fortresses of limes, unlike Latins they are safe from xenoi and barbarians. But even under benevolent rule and guidance of the Angeloi, the Imperium is under constant threat of attack. Besieged for centuries by barbarians and heathens, it continue to stand as the last beacon of Light in the world consumed by Darkness. (…) And when sometimes the Dark Powers gain an upper hand for a short while, before they are pushed back by the brave soldiers of the Imperial Army, the Angel of Death himself walks on the imperial land. Barbarian raids, Pisan slavers, slaughter from the hands of vile xenoi, disease, famine and heresy – these are the threats from which the common Romaioi must be protected at all cost.

(...)

Every Romaioi is to be addressed by those inferior to him with a head-only bow. But to be a Roman is not only a privilege – it's also a responsibility. Farmers, merchants, serfs, artisans, blacksmiths, craftsmen, bakers, bee-keepers, shepherds, woodcutters, cobblers, butchers and people of hundreds of other professions, all of them are Romaioi and as Romaioi they have their obligations to the Imperium. (…) To pay taxes, to respect the law, to venerate Saint Markos Isapostolos, to remain faithful to the teachings of the Holy Church: these are but few of them. For men to serve as soldiers of the Imperial Army, for women to marry and give birth regularly (…) for everyone to be vigil at all time and never let the taint of heresy spread. Only through pious dedication and hard work of all Romaioi may the Imperium endure the endless perils by which God tests us all.

VI. Those Christians who are not citizens of the Imperium

7cADG1w.jpg

Among the Children of God are also those who were not fortunate enough to live in the sanctuary which the Imperium is. After decades of xenoi invasion not many are left beyond the imperial limes but no matter how numerous the good Christians are, they God's Grace is with them. Those living under the rule of Christian Kings of Poland and Aquitaine are especially blessed, for thanks to the alliance with Christian Kings the imperial protection encompass them all. There are others however, suffering under the yoke of usurper German kaiser or oppressed by the greedy Pisan merchants, who are devoid of the protection of the Imperium. It is the duty of the Emperor as God's Regent on Earth to liberate them from their masters and to make sure that all good Christians are living safely within the imperial limes.

(…)

And the last of the Children of God are vile Catholic heretics who, despite their blasphemies and madness, were once part of the Holy Church. The lost and the damned souls of these Christians may still be brought back to the Light of Iesus Kristos but to do so would mean to extend the reach of the Imperium to the old province of Britannia and beyond. Those few of heretics who survived the xenoi onslaught are still dwelling on British Isles, forced by the western savages to hide in the frozen plains of Scotia and misty Hibernia. Not much is known about their fate – some even say that there are still survivors of the old Iberian kingdoms hiding in the mountains of Wales. But no matter what tale are told about them one thing is certain – they shall either denounce their heresies and join the Holy Church or die.

[size=+1]The third Sphere – Damned by God[/size]

n0OKZsH.jpg

VII. Barbaroi or those who are nor Christians nor citizens of the Imperium

w4F6bWK.jpg

In the Divine Order of this world one of the lowest places is this of barbarians who are neither Romaioi nor Christians. Uncivilized, wild bloodthirsty savages are like children, unable to reason properly or control themselves, but cruel and with endless appetite for destruction. Wild tribes from the frozen North, dark-skinned Negroes of the South and worst of them all, the accursed Mongols from the endless steppes of the East – all of them are a constant threat to the Imperium. (…) They have no laws to govern them but one – that the might makes right. Respecting only strength, they pillage and raid the villages near the limes, killing, raping or kidnapping good Christians so that they can sell them into slavery. Who can count how many men were slaughtered by them, how many cities were burned to the ground?

(…)

Because of their natural inability to live as civilized people, they are prone to infighting in which they resemble more animals than men. They are the plague of this world and there is no greater pleasure for them than to kill, burn and torment. For a thousand years the Imperium has protected its people from endless waves of barbarians. Huns and all Germanic tribes, Avars and Slavs, Bulgars, Alans, Normans, Magyars, Turks and Mongols, all of them tried to destroy the holy Imperium and all of them failed. And although today the worshippers of false god Tengri are more numerous than any other barbarians, for centuries the greatest threat to the Imperium were not the Mongols but vile Muslims, a desert vermin united under the banner of Islam. (…) Allah is a lie and Muhammad is his liar and – with Iesus Kristos blessing – all what's left of them shall be wiped out from the face of the earth. They caused a great misery and suffering to all Romaioi for decades, like monkeys imitating the great state they tried to conquer and creating their caliphate, a blasphemous mockery of the Imperium. If not for the accursed Timur the Terrible, the Sword of Islam, they would be no more and one they they will be eradicated completely, for such is the will of God.

VIII. Douloi or slaves

N7ScbWC.jpg

The slaves are, according to the law, instrumenti vocale or talking tools. They have no personality, they don't own their bodies. They have no ancestors, no name, no goods or property to own. They live to serve the Imperium or their owner until the end of their life and they never may be freed – if they are allowed to marry, their children share their fate. They shouldn't be treated in unnecessarily harsh way but if they disobey their masters, there should be punished severely. For it is said in the Holy Bible: “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Kristos (Ephesians 6:5)” and also: ”Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. (1 Timothy 6:1-2)”. Every doulos shall be reminded of these words (…) either working in a mine or in a field, in imperial office as eunuchs or drafted as soldiers, slaves shall never disobey, for even if their lives are worth little, they are to be used for the betterment of the Imperium. Like son shall obey his father in everything and like wife shall obey her husband and do whatever pleases him, every doulos shall obey his master for such is the will of God.

(...)

No Romaioi or Christian can become a doulos and debt slavery of Roman citizens is illegal, for it's not in their nature to be slaves, as it was established by the Almighty God. Only barbarians and xenoi are to become slaves if they are taken as prisoners. To lie down with xenoi woman is punishable by 30 lashes and every male xenos shall be castrated and serve the Imperium as eunuch. The western savages are indeed unworthy of the honor of living their life in the service of the Imperium and whenever it's possible, they should be killed rather than taken captives.

IX. Xenoi and animals

VrlM9Ab.jpg

The lowest creatures of all who dwell in this world are animals and soulless xenoi beasts who are the last among those Damned by God. They are beyond any hope for redemption and are destined to suffer eternal punishment in Hell for they are not Men...

DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *stops reading* Soulless beasts... Perhaps, but they did infiltrate the Great Palace and conquered the whole Europe, didn't they? Xenoi scum...*browses through the pages* Hmm.

[size=+2]CHAPTER 6: KOSMOS KAI KHAOS OR ORDER AND CHAOS[/size]

9LDv2n3.jpg

(…)

Who are the xenoi? Where did they come from? Many scholars believe that they are the descendants of the Nephilim, unholy offspring of man and fallen angeloi who inhabited the earth before the Great Deluge in which all life was wiped out save for those who had their place in Noah's Ark. When the waters decreased and God himself promised to Noah to never again destroy the Earth, it seemed that these vile creatures were destroyed, drowned in the Flood. It seems however that somehow they survived – without a doubt because of Diabolos intervention. They found a shelter from God's wrath somewhere in the Far West and then multiplied like cockroaches for generations, waiting to have their revenge on the God's Chosen. (…) It remains a mystery what lies beyond the Great Ocean but without a doubt these devilish mocker of holy human form which xenoi are is nothing more than a blasphemy in the eyes of Our Lord.

(…)

When I write these words it's the year 6948 since the creation of the world. This means that for thousands of years xenoi were being corrupted by the Dark Powers. They call these daemons “gods” but there is only one God – Our Lord, Iesus Kristos. What are they then? I've searched the answers for this question for years. I've read from the tomes of secret knowledge to inquire these matters and the answers which I've seek were too terrifying to be true.

Forbidden books and grimoires speak of nameless, ancient creatures that dwell in the dark depths of the world. Under the mountains and far, far below the deepest caves, the evil gnaws the earth. At the bottom of the oceans the Deep Ones dwell in the cities raised before the Great Deluge. Could it be that xenoi are worshipping this ancient evil? That the daemons we know as their “gods” - Xipe-Totec, Xiuhtecuhtli, Quetzalcoatl and other names we learned from the xenoi prisoners – are nothing more but a servants of the true Ruinous Powers? And if this is truly what is happening, what is the role of the Enemy, Diabolos, in all this? Could it be that we truly live in the End Times? For it was foretold in the Holy Bible that when the hour is late, the Beast will rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And then the Dragon shall come out of the earth, having two horns like a lamb and he shall breath life into the image of the Beast so that it becomes alive and is able to speak and brings death to everyone who is not worshipping the Beast.

Could it be that the xenoi worship in fact the Beast and the Dragon? If so, than may Iesus Kristos have mercy on us all. Even Saint Markos Isapostolos won't be able to protect us from this Evil, for it is said:

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

SwtLrWm.jpg

(...)

It takes one sinner to condemn hundreds for damnation and horrible death – truly blessed is the mind too small for doubt. Without blessed protection of the Imperium, Aragon was destroyed like a child's sand castle facing a storm. The Enemy wants to corrupt and taint us all, to divide us and than to devour us while we wander alone in the darkness. That's why we have to remember the Truth – the Angeloi protect. Without them and their divine guidance, the Imperium could face the same fate as all other Christian realms. We cannot allow this to happen – we Romaioi have to remain strong.

(...)

Strength through unity, unity through faith, faith through sacrifice. To question is to doubt and doubt is the seed of heresy and treason. In the battle between Light and Darkness, between holy Kosmos and ancient Khaos there may be no hesitation – every Romaioi has to completely devote his life to the cause of the Imperium. Every stain of heresy and corruption shall be purged with extreme prejudice, for it is better to kill a hundred innocents than to allow one tainted to spread toxic thoughts – or even worse, to allow him to infiltrate the Imperium and strike in the name of his xenoi masters. There may be no mercy for the enemies of the Throne.

(…)

To live in these times is to be one amongst millions, it is to live in the last besieged fortress in a collapsing, warring continent. The flames of war have consumed more than thousands of lives, for much is forgotten, never to be relearned. The composition of the polemikon pyr, the war fire, were lost decades ago during the Second Doukid Anarchy and like the silk from imperial manufactories, secrets of its production are lost forever. The war is without end and it shall continue until the End Times – there is no peace among Men, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the heathen gods.

May Saint Markos protect us all.

VSiJZrI.jpg

19th March 1440
Tent of megas domestikos, Nile Valley

It's very early in the morning before dawn. Demetrios sits alone in his tent with armor and weapons prepared for hunting and continues to read “Basileia ton Ouranon” by candlelight. Strategos enters the tent.

STRATEGOS IOANNES: My lord megas domestikos.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *stops reading* I hope this is important enough to interrupt megas domestikos of the Imperium while he is studying the Holy Bible, Ioannes. *closes the book and turns to strategos* Is it?
STRATEGOS IOANNES: *bows* My lord, the hunters have found a prey. The hunt may begin.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Have they? How many lions are there?
STRATEGOS IOANNES: Only one, my lord, and it doesn't look very healthy or young for that matter. However, the hunters assured me that-
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: *starts putting armor on himself* Where is the Emperor?
STRATEGOS IOANNES: The blessed Augustus is with the falconer, my lord, inspecting the new hunting eagle.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Hmm. *puts his sword in ornamented scabbard* Shame that the old master of the hunt isn't with us today, I'm sure he would greatly enjoy this.
STRATEGOS IOANNES: My lord, after the assassination attempt on the Emperor you ordered him to be arrested and interrogated.
DEMETRIOS KOMNENOS: Ah yes, indeed. It must be hard to fulfill his duties with no eyes to see the prey. Stay here until I'm back, Ioannes. *puts the hood up* It's time to hunt the old lion.

NP7ixmR.jpg

Last edited:
A little bit of Star Wars, a little bit of Lovecraft, a few heaping spoonfuls of WK40K... You've concocted quite the brew here. :) I must admit that the extreme measures the Empire is, er, forced to take. For the good of mankind. Always for the good of mankind... I must admit those measures make for depressing reading.

I find the juxtaposition of those last screenshots and Demetrios's last remark ("It's time to hunt the old lion")... disturbing. Not to mention the fact that Demetrios puts on his hood and the notification speaks of a 'hooded assassin'... It all creates the impression that Demetrios might have more to do with the Emperor's unfortunate demise than, say, the Xenoi from the Far West. Good thing that Demetrios does not have the blood of the Angeloi coursing through his veins, or I could be in serious trouble. ;)

Last edited:
An interesting look at the structure of the Imperium -- with tantalizing hints that its foes may be more than mere mortal men. (Although, of course this would be true -- after all, the will to oppose the forces of justice and righteousness must surely come from some infernal source, as no mere human would conceive of such a thing in an incorrupt world...)

I wonder if we'll be getting any other perspectives from the xenos and barbaroi societies in the near future -- if only so we can unmask the tangled web of deceits they have spun to reveal them for the lies that they self-evidently are. (What other motive would a loyal servant of the Imperium have for asking such a thing?)

It is a dark day when one of the Emperor's closest servants stabs his master in the back with one hand while using the other to hide his actions behind the cloak of absolute, unquestionable loyalty -- speaking hypothetically, of course, as I'm sure the Emperor's servants in truth would never countenance such a damnable act.

1. Spectacular writing, really expanded on the the horror that this world is.
2. If you want a real Aztec god for the Romans to fear, I'd go with Tezcatlipoca, the Enemy of Both Sides, the lord of the near and nigh, the beast by whom we are slaves, and the possessor of the sky and earth. His name itself translates to the "Smoking Mirror" as he is the god of the night sky, the night winds, hurricanes, the north, the earth, obsidian, enmity, discord, rulership, divination, temptation, jaguars, sorcery, beauty, war and strife. Tezcatlipoca's greatest celebration is the Toxcatl. During the entire year, a person called the Ixiptlatliwould act as the god on earth. He would be worshiped and fed and treated like a god until the festival, when he would be sacrificed. Then, the body would be eaten by the nobles, and the new Ixiptlatli would wear his predecessor's skin. His head priest was the Huitznahuac Teohua Omacatl, and all Aztecs, even the King lived in fear of him. He spirit animal, unlike many of the other gods, is Tepeyollotl, the jaguar god. His aspects are earthquakes, jaguars (duh), echoes, and the 8th hour of night.

1. Spectacular writing, really expanded on the the horror that this world is.
2. If you want a real Aztec god for the Romans to fear, I'd go with Tezcatlipoca, the Enemy of Both Sides, the lord of the near and nigh, the beast by whom we are slaves, and the possessor of the sky and earth. His name itself translates to the "Smoking Mirror" as he is the god of the night sky, the night winds, hurricanes, the north, the earth, obsidian, enmity, discord, rulership, divination, temptation, jaguars, sorcery, beauty, war and strife. Tezcatlipoca's greatest celebration is the Toxcatl. During the entire year, a person called the Ixiptlatliwould act as the god on earth. He would be worshiped and fed and treated like a god until the festival, when he would be sacrificed. Then, the body would be eaten by the nobles, and the new Ixiptlatli would wear his predecessor's skin. His head priest was the Huitznahuac Teohua Omacatl, and all Aztecs, even the King lived in fear of him. He spirit animal, unlike many of the other gods, is Tepeyollotl, the jaguar god. His aspects are earthquakes, jaguars (duh), echoes, and the 8th hour of night.

When I read this I don't think what to think of the RL Aztecs....