• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, he did provide a tentative world map (the kind you can get by pushing F10) in the modding thread a few months back. Even if it's slightly out of date we might still be able to use it. That map has "updated" borders for Europe, Asia, and I think most of Africa as well (we can probably infer the rest from the story and in-game screenshots). As for the Americas, I don't think he ever discussed that in the modding thread but we could still use the default Sunset Invasion converted scenario (super-Aztecs and super-Incas plus other native blobs) as a template. Australia I think it is safe to say is still uncolonized. There's also a basic mod that includes only the provinces of the Imperium and its neighbors.

didn't he publish a rough version of the mod itself in said modding forum?

didn't he publish a rough version of the mod itself in said modding forum?
Yes, but he made almost everything outside of the CKII-involved regions uncolonized land.

For that we have 2 options
1. make up our own world based on the disparate hints that were teased (Zhongguo anyone?)
2. ask Czoklet his plans and make something around that. Maybe permission to continue if he doesn't want to go on would be nice too.

For that we have 2 options
1. make up our own world based on the disparate hints that were teased (Zhongguo anyone?)
2. ask Czoklet his plans and make something around that. Maybe permission to continue if he doesn't want to go on would be nice too.
I'd prefer to do (2), but if worst comes to worst and Czoklet doesn't get back to us we'll have to rely on in-game screenshots, teases and hints, and, if possible, a realistic assessment on what would likely be in areas not teased or hinted. And there's always the vanilla EU4 Sunset Invasion scenario we could use as a template for the Americas.

It is telling, that while the AAR is technicaly dead for quite a while now, that we still every so often look back in to make sure that it hasn't pulled a Lazarus. That speaks of the quality of the story.

The same can probably be said for all of us who still keep their characters/houses in their signature, despite the discontinuation of this world.
We are all hopeful that it will return in full splendor, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

The same can probably be said for all of us who still keep their characters/houses in their signature, despite the discontinuation of this world.
I don't go on the forum anymore so I have nothing else to keep there, but indeed, this AAR is special- the plot, the interaction, everything. I'd love it to return, especially since I considerably improved my writing ability over the past year.

It is telling, that while the AAR is technicaly dead for quite a while now, that we still every so often look back in to make sure that it hasn't pulled a Lazarus. That speaks of the quality of the story.
We are all hopeful that it will return in full splendor, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
Well, if we manage to pull it off correctly, we might just do that, and This is Madness might just rise again, just like the God-Emperor of Mankind emerging from his coma. I think it's ironic how there are actually two analogues to the God-Emperor's fate, one in Saint Markos's ideals being twisted over time in the story and one in the AAR itself going on hiatus.:p
I feel like I'm shamelessly promoting, but I actually named the main antagonist of my megacampaign's HOI3 part Markos Angelos, and his followers go around saluting each other with "The Angeloi Protect." And I had a secondary character in somebody else's Roman Empire megacampaign iAAR named Markos Angelos. That testifies to the legacy of this AAR.

I feel like I'm shamelessly promoting, but I actually named the main antagonist of my megacampaign's HOI3 part Markos Angelos, and his followers go around saluting each other with "The Angeloi Protect." And I had a secondary character in somebody else's Roman Empire megacampaign iAAR named Markos Angelos. That testifies to the legacy of this AAR.

I appreciate the spirit, but I'd like to use this opportunity to do something that hasn't been done here in a long time:
"So you like to impersonate Saint Markos and abuse his divine legacy in other AARs?"

23b.jpg

I appreciate the spirit, but I'd like to use this opportunity to do something that hasn't been done here in a long time:
"So you like to impersonate Saint Markos and abuse his divine legacy in other AARs?"

23b.jpg

Ah I've missed this. We sometimes rivaled the crusader kings subreddit in all things heretical.

I would rather this AAR be left to lay if Czo can't finish it. There is significantly more downsides to a new author than upsides. Would rather remember a dead gem than a half decent active one.

But, since you mention it...

Ah I've missed this. We sometimes rivaled the crusader kings subreddit in all things heretical.

Did I hear Heresy?!?

index.gif

I would rather this AAR be left to lay if Czo can't finish it. There is significantly more downsides to a new author than upsides. Would rather remember a dead gem than a half decent active one.
I'm not intending to finish the AAR for him, and I don't feel like I'm a good replacement for Czoklet. It's his story, and he should write it, not us. What I'm aiming to do is finish the mod so that Czoklet can continue the AAR. It seems that the main reason he stopped the AAR was because his save got corrupted and frequent updating rendered the original mod out of date. I just want to bring the mod up to date so that Czoklet doesn't have to work on it and instead continue the story as he intended.

1.20 is coming up. How old is the mod now & what would need to change for what subsequent updates added?

1.20 is coming up. How old is the mod now & what would need to change for what subsequent updates added?
For starters, a lot of provinces, introduction of development, reworked tech groups, removed government types, several new cultures and religions, and many important mechanics introduced or changed. The original mod I think worked for between El Dorado and Common Sense, but it was converted from a pre-Rajas save.

so in the event someone did continue, they'd have their work cut out for them.

Crazy theory: Take the CK2 save, the one pre-ROI, and run it through the converter again for 1.20? The converter has improved since then too but I'm willing to accept that may be too crazy.

so in the event someone did continue, they'd have their work cut out for them.

Crazy theory: Take the CK2 save, the one pre-ROI, and run it through the converter again for 1.20? The converter has improved since then too but I'm willing to accept that may be too crazy.
I was thinking about that, but given that CKII has also gone through a lot of updates, I don't think the save would be compatible with the converter, and trying to load it on the most recent patch might break a lot of things, as many posts on the CKII subreddit attest to. But I don't know for sure. It's worth a try. Anybody have the save and the converter to confirm if it works? I'm a bit busy right now.

So, Mandate of Heaven just came out. I think we should get started on the mod. Who's willing to help out? Let me know so we can create a group or thread.

I will help in what ever way I can.