• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So are we going to have our Red Feast and then have the fateful session, or is it the other way around?

Okay, that was awesome. Just absolutely love that writing. I am worried though by some word choice, namely the 'You're all doomed without me!' parts. I wouldn't be surprised if both scenario has horrible consequences, letting her live or sentencing her to death. Banishing isn't even an option in my mind.

- Your victory will defeat you. The deceiver has been deceived and what was promised shall turn into ash. The Imperium will be consumed by the fire started by you.

Nikephoros looked at her with widened eyes.

- Wha- How.. Who are you?!

- I am a messenger of God and His Light is with me. Tell your master that the hour or judgment is nigh.
Just reading back that passage, is the master the Emperor, or someone else ?
At least it's grimdark as we love it :p

I'm sure some Christian heresy must have had a concept of reincarnation somewhere along the road (there was so many it's very likely) but sure that concept of Wheel smells of Ceylon
Reincarnation dates back to the Greeks, but Wheel definitely has a Vedic smell. Though it might date back to Sassanid or even Hellenistic contacts with India.

As for my main comment on the whole update:

HvlqHLx.jpg

Which kind of makese sense. The best way to free all the souls from reincarnation is to make sure mankind has been wiped out in some huge global war - eventually Xenoi will sacrifice everyone, themselves included.

Reactions:
Which kind of makese sense. The best way to free all the souls from reincarnation is to make sure mankind has been wiped out in some huge global war - eventually Xenoi will sacrifice everyone, themselves included.
Which we'll probably accomplish in Hearts of Iron 3/4, as well as turning the Imperium into the Imperium of Man.:p

Not a heresy per se, but Manichaeism maybe? Since it included Buddhist teachings as well.
Even the Christian heresies that contained some Maniquean ideas didn't have the concept. I highly doubt that any Christian defendtthe concept of reincarnation before final judgment.

That being said, the idea of reincarnation , although being a eastern idea, was spread in Europe by the Greeks. Heck, it would be fun if Sophia was actually following a strange ,twisted version of Neoplatonism, in which the good souls can go to the world of the ideas (being god in there) while the rest are forced to reincarnated( BTW one of the main arguments for soul reincarnation in Plato was that without reincarnation, evil people wouldn't pay for their crimes, so I don't see it being far fetched- considering that Sophia would probably have a far easier access to Plato's work

Hoo boy, another Synod update another crowd of flustered bishops. Good work!

I'm sure some Christian heresy must have had a concept of reincarnation somewhere along the road (there was so many it's very likely) but sure that concept of Wheel smells of Ceylon

Not a heresy per se, but Manichaeism maybe? Since it included Buddhist teachings as well.

The whole Wheels thing, possible reincarnation, the idea of men and women being equal and the (implied) fighting of the higher classes reminds me a lot of Sikhism personally. Maybe this is TTL's version of it, except being a Christian heresy with Vedic influence instead of being a Vedic religion with Islamic influence?

...Also is nobody going to talk about Sophia KNOCKING OVER the Megas Domestikos without even trying?

Ahh, he's a pussy, that's all, I'm sure.

He was in a suggestible state, displayed nervous tics and kept saying he "expected more" from her. He's likely outwardly cynical and materialistic but secretly feels his life is hollow and seeks easy answers to find meaning outside of established religion (which he cynically feels is not genuinely faithful and only committed to the political game for power). Held in awe by Sophia's charisma, name and reputation he was an easy victim of induced hysteria. Or that's my interpretation of it.

My character, on the other hand, would probably consider her a witch and would then prefer to have her tortured to extract a public confession (of witchcraft, consorting with the devil, murdering her father and husband, committing high treason, blasphemy, sodomy and heresy, etc. etc.) followed by a burning.

Reactions:
inb4 Dalassenos converts to Angelodulism and then attempts to usurp the throne:eek:

*Burn the Dalassenoi, the Komnenoi protect FTFY :D

Take everything that isn't nailed down and then burn the rest! Then burn what you took. Then burn yourself. That way the Imperium will be pure (ash)!

Reactions:
No~pe. Like phoenix, the heresy shall rise from he ashes and engulf the world. For the more you burn, the more it whithers, writhing, wailing, wavering away. It overtakes you and shadows the land, it darkens the skies and clouds the heavens. There is no hope.

If we want to stop a heresy, we must find a way to contain it and slowly erase it through conversions "accompanied" by legions of troops.

But,

Whatever you do, DO NOT KILL THE LEADER.

She will become a martyr and all hell will break.

If you find a way to convert her though....

Hm.... I like the sound of that.
Find a way to convert the heretic back to the light, and her followers will follow suit. She may be a little nuts, but where there's a will, there's a way

Take everything that isn't nailed down and then burn the rest! Then burn what you took. Then burn yourself. That way the Imperium will be pure (ash)!

Burn everything and everyone God will recognize his own.
While the Xenoi and the Mongols will be looking over the border being like "What the f@ck Romans...What the FF@CK!!!"
As a bonus any invasion plan is cancelled because they don't want to catch crazy

Reactions:
The Xenoi will come to fear the Imperium's scorched earth tactics and it's mild, Mediterranean winters.

Its been very quiet around here... Have the heathen mongols removed everyone's tongues?