• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No it is actually Holy Spirit as she mentioned herself!
Hark, do mine ears deceive me? Tis the sound of a supporter of such heretical acts. Blasphemer! You shall perish by the death of 1,000 cuts!

P.S. It is actually much worse than you would think. The executioner would flay your skin off carefully, enough to cause sever pain but not enough to die, at least not instantly. It would take hours to bleed out.

It will be interesting to see how Nikephoros reacts to his little bout of induced hysteria. Maybe he will join the heretic flock or call for her immediate execution. Either way it's likely to weaken and imbalance him in the Game and give another advantage to the Komnenoi.

Okay so she is having a seizure. That is good to know, it would explain a lot actually. Clearly thought the constant seizures have caused some serious damage to her brain. I still think we should exile her to some distant land. It would be best for everyone.

Sure, exile her. What is the worst that could happen? Except Angelodouli-China. :D

But great work, Czoklet, and very well researched at that! Kudos!

Well that's some hardcore theology you have dug up there :eek:.
More will come, this was just a start! :)
Sure, exile her. What is the worst that could happen? Except Angelodouli-China. :D
But great work, Czoklet, and very well researched at that! Kudos!
Thanks, I spent quite some time reading on Christian heresies and it was a lot of fun.

As for the next update - I'm thinking of either starting the Banquet this weekend or releasing small dynatoi-focused piece.

Amazing :eek: :eek: :eek:
It's really interesting to see Angelina is schyzophernic. At first I had the crazy thought that it really is god communicating with her but I was glad to realize it's probably a stroke, I'm not sure how I would feel about supernatural elements in the story.
It seems like Nikephoros doesn't support her then. The Komnenoi probably don't either judging from the Patriarch of Antioch's questioning. I wonder who is it then... Could it be the Emperor or something crazy like that? It'll be interesting to see where it proceeds... The Angeloduli earned House Salamis' enmity for wanting to kill all the Jews, because families with rumours of Jewish descent will probably come next.

It is not wrong to say that most of religious founders are somewhat nuts. There are simply so many absolute characteristic and extreme ways of life that common person simply cannot follow them. For example even somewhat rational person like Luther had his mystic waking during thunderstorm and he could not maintaining friendship with other reformation figurheads because of absolute opinions.

Reactions:
Ok, let's stop this RIGHT HERE. An argument over whether or not religious leaders are nuts is a quick way to get a thread permanently locked. Thank you.

Now, my thoughts on this:
The Emperor almost certainly has this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

It's a very real medical condition, but historically speaking people with it were thought to be some sort of evil. Sophia probably intends to reveal him in front of the entire synod. The consequences of the Roman Emperor being compromised in such a way will be disastrous. I don't think either the Konmenos or the Dalassenos have gauged her correctly; unless the Konmenoi want the Emperorship back... Which they might.

Ok, let's stop this RIGHT HERE. An argument over whether or not religious leaders are nuts is a quick way to get a thread permanently locked. Thank you.

It's a very real medical condition, but historically speaking people with it were thought to be some sort of evil. Sophia probably intends to reveal him in front of the entire synod. The consequences of the Roman Emperor being compromised in such a way will be disastrous. I don't think either the Konmenos or the Dalassenos have gauged her correctly; unless the Konmenoi want the Emperorship back... Which they might.

Viva la Komenoi Revolution!!!

I have to admit the idea of the Emperor's secret being that he's just super hairy is a bit disappointing versus him being the Phantom of the Imperium (preferably complete with an emotional broadway song).

So were the senators in attendance, or did we just get the cliff notes (I imagine my character probably got a report from the Bishop of Cherson if he wasn't there)

Fortunately for his successors, it seems that the disease is not passed to sons when the father is ill, leaving the young Chrysogonos safe. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis#Genetic)

But yeah, at leasst Baldwin the Leper was known as ill, while there has been so much secrecy around the Emperor that revealing his sickness to the eyes of the World will shake the Imperium even further. I thought it could be used by Dalassenos, but he appears quite close to the Emperor (but maybe it's just part of the game).

Also @CzokletMuss I'd prefer the dynatoi update before the Banquet if possible :p

This. Any player who starts talking about mental health of any religious figures IRL will be banned from any interactive parts of the AAR for a month.

IMPORTANT

Thanks to help from good forumite @samin I managed to get colonial regions to work! This means I'm going to need some help with making custom NIs for Aztec states in Europe :) Please post your suggestions in the ISF mod thread.

Reactions:
I think the event descried the future Emperor as both deformed and hairy. If his condition could be managed by waxing and plucking part of his face (by tongue-less illiterate slaves) he could easily make a few maskless public appearances and calm the rumours surrounding him. It would be a far worse problem if he was hideously malformed beneath the fur.

I think the event descried the future Emperor as both deformed and hairy. If his condition could be managed by waxing and plucking part of his face (by tongue-less illiterate slaves) he could easily make a few maskless public appearances and calm the rumours surrounding him. It would be a far worse problem if he was hideously malformed beneath the fur.
Yeah, the event just specifies fur, and the Emperor has yet to make a maskless appearance, so we can assume that any attempts at making his appearance better have failed. If Sophia does unmask the Emperor, though, be prepared for the Synod to go up in flames, if not the entire Imperium.

Yeah, the event just specifies fur, and the Emperor has yet to make a maskless appearance, so we can assume that any attempts at making his appearance better have failed. If Sophia does unmask the Emperor, though, be prepared for the Synod to go up in flames, if not the entire Imperium.
I am not so sure about that, sure he may be deformed, but there have been many people in history who were deformed and still accomplished great things. Some even used the knowledge of their deformity to aid them. If our glorious emperor is half the man I know him to be, a physical deformity will be nothing to him.

I am not so sure about that, sure he may be deformed, but there have been many people in history who were deformed and still accomplished great things. Some even used the knowledge of their deformity to aid them. If our glorious emperor is half the man I know him to be, a physical deformity will be nothing to him.
Or he could be an alien masquerading as a god our glorious emperor.:eek:
latest

A pure soul may escape the Wheel
Oh boy, here we go :D
Do I smell some Eastern influence, showing that at long last there are some shadowy contacts between Imperium and India.

As for Sophia, she looks to have the same kind of issues Joan of Arc had.

Do I smell some Eastern influence, showing that at long last there are some shadowy contacts between Imperium and India.

Except that Joan at least got burned. :p Plus the Indian contacts have been known for a while, no? The Ceylonese vassal and whatever isn't Bahmanis on the subcontinent?

I'm sure some Christian heresy must have had a concept of reincarnation somewhere along the road (there was so many it's very likely) but sure that concept of Wheel smells of Ceylon

I'm sure some Christian heresy must have had a concept of reincarnation somewhere along the road (there was so many it's very likely) but sure that concept of Wheel smells of Ceylon
Not a heresy per se, but Manichaeism maybe? Since it included Buddhist teachings as well.