• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He is summoning the dark gods of the Xenoi. Run blues RUUUUUN :eek:
{{Please use Brackets, like the ones I am using, when talking Out of Character.}}

Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid:

*Taking out his own dagger and placing it on the table, you can see that the blade is of Persian origin, with beautiful gold leaf inlay on the blade and a polished ivory handle, with small saphires incrusted in the pommel.*

Since we seem to all be sharing weapons and inspecting them, might I see your pistol Senator Mandromenos? Although I abhor the use of firearms for a quick kill, far too loud and too long to reload in my opinion, I have always admired the craftsmanship your family puts into each and every gun.

*Picking up the carafe of mixed wine, Flavius pours himself another goblet and sips it slowly.* As for second, I know that I am new, however I would agree. If they allow you a second it would be in your best interest to have Mandromenos. He is clearly a talented soldier, as for myself, I will do what I can to sway the opinions of other Senators, either with honeyed words or falsified information. Both of which my side of the family are experts in. If all goes well we might just save you, Speaker Colombo, from any horrible fate.

*After finishing speaking, Flavius quickly downs the rest of the Franco-Xenoi wine in his goblet and softly sets it down on the table.

Senator Absalon Hvide:
*An old man wearing a grey cloak enters the tavern, he is accompanied by two younger men, both looking like they have seen a few battles. The old man walks silently through the tavern, ignoring the harlots and drunkards as he asends the stairs. As he reaches the room, he whispers into the ear of one of his companions before he enters, leaving his guards outside. He walks over to the table before removing his grey ragged cloak, revealing clothes far more appropriate to his station of a nobleman."

Greetings "He says as he seats himself at the table, beholding all the weapons placed there. After musing on the quite threatening display for a moment, he smiles and drops a pouch of powder on the table." Over the years i have become quite adept in the process of turning fluids into crystals my fellows, i was quite the happy man when i learned that gunpowder is created using wares that i can quite easily aquire. Merely a noblemans silly pasttime at this point, but i hope that i will be able to make a lot more than this when it is my time to stand before the Saints. And what is this about a horrible fate for our great speaker? Something interesting i hope and not merely some boring Xenoi or Pisan plot.

Blue Speaker Alexius Colombo:

*Alexius looks over Mandromenos' weapon*

"This is clearly a finely made weapon. While I lack the competitive knowledge of guns that you have of swords, I can tell this at least. Perhaps Flavius will know more.

*Alexius passes the weapon to Flavius*

"I do not understand those who call the firearm a lowly weapon, it is surely the most civilized implement for taking a life, far more so than the cruelty of steel..."

*Alexius turns to Absalon*

"Interesting, yes, but also dangerous."

*Alexius summarizes the earlier conversation
{{Apologies, I'm on mobile right now and typing all that again in a different way would probably kill me}}

"We have come to the conclusion that we must be prepared for the worst. Otherwise we wouldn't be salivating over our weapons like Reds."

*Alexius cracks a faint smile*

"Have you brought with you any news, good or bad?"

Okay, should pick the second I guess... @ParrotGuy, your character makes most sense for RP, interested?
{{Sure, Nikephoros would be glad. Sorry for not responding earlier.
Also, does anyone remember how Senators Muzaka (when I realized @Rascar Capac was good old Muazka I was really glad he returned :D) and Colombo were practically in a constant war over the Red leadership in the first Senate Sessions?
I think this duel is an awesome conclusion to this old enmity between the predecessors.}}
{{Edit: if anyone is interested, I updated the House Salamis page with house words and sigils.}}

Last edited:
{{
I would suspect Pylaeus, who has always hated me, and has political weight behind him.

Now, now. Poor Alexius didn't enjoy his free trip to jail I sponsored years ago and still holds this as a grudge against Decius? Truly, the blues are quite an ungrateful bunch of greedy merchants :D

{{Please use Brackets, like the ones I am using, when talking Out of Character.}}

If the rules didn't change with the revision, non-participants do not need to use brackets.}}

Reactions:
Also, does anyone remember how Senators Muzaka (when I realized @Rascar Capac was good old Muazka I was really glad he returned :D) and Colombo were practically in a constant war over the Red leadership in the first Senate Sessions?
I think this duel is an awesome conclusion to this old enmity between the predecessors.}}
{{Edit: if anyone is interested, I updated the House Salamis page with house words and sigils.}}

{{I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure. It is so fitting that if Mozaka wins I want him to be our new faction leader. }}

{{ Wasn't it Mouzakas ? And that wasn't Rascar no ? }}
{{Hm, idk. I don't really remember... Would be embarrassing if I'm wrong :p}}

Senator Absalon Hvide:
*An old man wearing a grey cloak enters the tavern, he is accompanied by two younger men, both looking like they have seen a few battles. The old man walks silently through the tavern, ignoring the harlots and drunkards as he asends the stairs. As he reaches the room, he whispers into the ear of one of his companions before he enters, leaving his guards outside. He walks over to the table before removing his grey ragged cloak, revealing clothes far more appropriate to his station of a nobleman."

Greetings "He says as he seats himself at the table, beholding all the weapons placed there. After musing on the quite threatening display for a moment, he smiles and drops a pouch of powder on the table." Over the years i have become quite adept in the process of turning fluids into crystals my fellows, i was quite the happy man when i learned that gunpowder is created using wares that i can quite easily aquire. Merely a noblemans silly pasttime at this point, but i hope that i will be able to make a lot more than this when it is my time to stand before the Saints. And what is this about a horrible fate for our great speaker? Something interesting i hope and not merely some boring Xenoi or Pisan plot.

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos

Ah, Senator Hvide, it is good to see you. Your hospitality and generosity in transporting me and my men is greatly appreciated and I assure you that I will compensate you fairly and return the favor one day.

*He turns to the men looking over his pistol*

A fine Roman made firearm that is. See the smoldering cord here, it is called a match, giving this arm its name, the matchlock. As you can see having a piece of burning cord can be dangerous. I have heard of the possibility of replacing the cord with a piece of flint, already used to start fires at military camps with steel, creating what I would call a flintlock. In their spare time, my gunsmiths are attempting to build such a mechanism, but it seems to be decades away.

Another improvement that I would make is the blasting cap. See this powder here, if the gun were to be turned around, the powder would fall out and the gun wouldn't fire. I seek to build a blasting cap design the minimizes that risk, I already have a few designs ready, but it will be a few years before any are ready to be mass produced.

The last feature that I would add is a safety mechanism, to prevent the firearm from activating prematurely. Some fool pulling the trigger on accident could cause great harm. I would build a device to prevent the hammer from dropping until it is disabled. It should be ready to be mass produced soon.

But that gun you hold is the finest in the Imperium. Its quality is due to many things, fine materials, a great amount of effort, and the labor of specialized artisans. Most firearms are made by a blacksmith who also makes firearms. My firearms are made by dedicated gunsmiths. The reason that I am ahead of the Imperium as a whole in terms of craftsmanship is due to my family's connection to Aragon. The Xenoi let their secret methods of craftsmanship be taught to their oppressed Spanish underlings. When the Imperium freed them, the Spaniard gunsmiths were happy to accept new employment. My father gladly gave it to them, and due to that I have at my disposal craftsman dedicated to tools like the one you hold.

{{Brilliant... wait. What? I've no idea who that guy is.o_O}}

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos

Ah, Senator Hvide, it is good to see you. Your hospitality and generosity in transporting me and my men is greatly appreciated and I assure you that I will compensate you fairly and return the favor one day.

*He turns to the men looking over his pistol*

A fine Roman made firearm that is. See the smoldering cord here, it is called a match, giving this arm its name, the matchlock. As you can see having a piece of burning cord can be dangerous. I have heard of the possibility of replacing the cord with a piece of flint, already used to start fires at military camps with steel, creating what I would call a flintlock. In their spare time, my gunsmiths are attempting to build such a mechanism, but it seems to be decades away.

Another improvement that I would make is the blasting cap. See this powder here, if the gun were to be turned around, the powder would fall out and the gun wouldn't fire. I seek to build a blasting cap design the minimizes that risk, I already have a few designs ready, but it will be a few years before any are ready to be mass produced.

The last feature that I would add is a safety mechanism, to prevent the firearm from activating prematurely. Some fool pulling the trigger on accident could cause great harm. I would build a device to prevent the hammer from dropping until it is disabled. It should be ready to be mass produced soon.

But that gun you hold is the finest in the Imperium. Its quality is due to many things, fine materials, a great amount of effort, and the labor of specialized artisans. Most firearms are made by a blacksmith who also makes firearms. My firearms are made by dedicated gunsmiths. The reason that I am ahead of the Imperium as a whole in terms of craftsmanship is due to my family's connection to Aragon. The Xenoi let their secret methods of craftsmanship be taught to their oppressed Spanish underlings. When the Imperium freed them, the Spaniard gunsmiths were happy to accept new employment. My father gladly gave it to them, and due to that I have at my disposal craftsman dedicated to tools like the one you hold.
Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid

*Inspecting the gun over and over, carefully rolling it in his hands, Flavius silently admires the craftsmanship. After admiring the weapon, Flavius gingerly sets it back on the table.*

Senator Mandromenos I do not know about blasting caps, nor flintlocks. {{It would be cool if we see a wheel lock pistol. ;)}} But in terms of safety, I feel like you are over thinking it. A simple metal hinge that can come down and lock the trigger in place should suffice. Actually, thinking about it, when you finish working on your flintlock, consider a device that spins the flint to create a spark. It would certainly be easier than having to load flint into the hammer every time.

*Turning to Senator Hvide, Flavius gives him a curt nod.*

Good evening Senator Hvide, I am Senator Flavius Mojmirid. Former Red turned Blue, how has Ravenna been treating you? Also... *Pointing to the pouch Senator Hvide brought with him.* Did you say you had gunpowder in there?

{{ Surprising how the Blue Meetings has become a NRA meeting while we Whites were discussing ECONOMICS :p :p }}

((I was going to write exactly this. We the reds use it for expelling our leader, whites for chart pies and blues for...what? Talking on weapons and foresee the future? o_O ))

{{ Just along these lines I want to point out that the "hoi" in "hoi polloi" means "the" so statements like "the/a hoi polloi" are wrong, like "ATM Machine" or "PIN Number". You cannot really be "a" hoi polloi, only one of them. }}
{{ Good point! }}

{{ Surprising how the Blue Meetings has become a NRA meeting while we Whites were discussing ECONOMICS :p :p }}

{{ "Economics" aka tax evasion }}

((I was going to write exactly this. We the reds use it for expelling our leader, whites for chart pies and blues for...what? Talking on weapons and foresee the future? o_O ))

{{ We're using it for preparations. While the Reds bicker and the Whites chart, we are readying for the coming storm...}}

Senator Alexius Colombo:

*Alexius coughs loudly, as to grab attention*

"Alright, I think we ought to move on now. I appreciate a good weapon as much as anyone, but there are more important things on hand. Let the Reds obsess over such details..."

{{We're getting a bit off track here; I don't think the other forumites need to hear about our preferred gunpowder recipes}}

"While it isn't as immediate a concern as the banquet, I think we should talk a little about our impressions of Sophia's first entrance."

*Alexius frowns*

"I'm not sure what to make of her beliefs as such, but I am worried that she is committed to being a martyr. She showed little to no tact in approaching the questions given to her; I'm not sure I could think up a more inflammatory response to the Nicene Creed than hers that wasn't something out of the mouth of Xenoi."

"As such, we should be more careful about expressing support, or even neutrality towards her. If she wants to be a martyr, fine, but I won't let the Blues go down with her in flames. I'll only condone rapprochement or neutrality with her if she is committed to finding a solution that doesn't lead to her being executed. But we will see tomorrow at the opening of the tribunal. For now, I would refrain from seeming at all sympathetic to her cause, regardless of your actual feelings."

{{Brilliant... wait. What? I've no idea who that guy is.o_O}}

{{He was a Red senator from the first few sessions, cranky old one legged guy who was constantly fighting Colombo (the Red's leader at the time even though we all thought he was just a Blue in disguise, which he kinda was) that said, kill Colombo and the Reds will probably be happy to make you the new faction leader.

Speaking of the Reds, we've let the Blues out do is in soldierly militaristness!!! Dirty Merchant Pisan Lovers! We weren't planning on massacring the Blues but now we need to do it to restore our honor!}}

Reactions: